PDA

View Full Version : Something Worth Fighting For - Your Home

Tom_Tom08
04-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Explanation.
Towns (Lobbies) - Upon game launch you connect to a lobby. This lobby is an actual town, complete with different shops, waiting areas, and ‘contract boards’. The town you connect to is based on which faction you select. You can be any class you choose to be while in town regardless of which faction you’ve pledged homage to.

Based on your server’s performance in the faction war the ‘town’ is influenced.

Leading the war will:

Increase the number of NPCs in the town.

NPC chatter will be more positive.

NPC may look wealthier, happier, healthier.

NPC may compliment you as you pass.

Stores will have more goods and services available. (See ‘services’ below).

Dynamic weather may lean more positive. (i.e. Sunny > Dark / Rainy)

Music may be more positive.

The day after a season victory will dramatically increase those above. Including raining confetti during the day and fireworks at night. NPC may cheer as you pass.

Falling behind in the war will:

Decrease the number of NPCs in the town.

NPC chatter will be more negative.

NPC may look poor, unhappy, or unhealthy.

Stores will have less goods and services available.

Dynamic weather may lean more negative. (i.e. Dark / Rainy > Sunny)

Services provided in your town include.

Blacksmith - Where you can buy equipment for your hero for steel and upgrade equipment for salvage.

A rework to how gear is obtained and upgraded.

Only gear relative to the hero the player is playing will be purchasable.

Players will be able to select which of the six status combinations they would like.
(There are three stats per equipment piece resulting in six possible combinations.)

The ability to purchase common gear is available at prestige 0, level 0.
The ability to purchase rare gear is available at prestige 3.
The ability to purchase heroic gear is available at prestige 5.
Heroic * gear cannot be purchased.

Salvage crates still contain equipment that varies in rarity and level.

Salvage crates can be purchased at the Blacksmith and the Foreign Salesman.

A Foreign Salesman - A mysterious but very obviously wealthy salesman selling exclusive store items (emotes, outfits, executions, champion status, additional steel, etc).

A Dye Store- A store that sells different color dyes.

A rework to the dye system would be required.

Removal of the color pallets.

The hero will now be able to select all three dyes in the color pallet

No more team based dyes.

The ability to select the first dye (primary dye) will become available at prestige 1.
The ability to select the secondary dye will become available at prestige 2.
The ability to select the tertiary dye will become available at prestige 3.

All colors will be available except those that are exclusive store dyes.

Colors that will be available will vary day to day.

The faction in the lead will have five (5) dyes available to purchase.
The faction in second will have three (3) dyes available to purchase.
The faction in third will have two (2) dyes available to purchase.

Once unlocked they will always be available for that particular hero.

A Textile Store - A store that sells different patterns and materials.

A rework to how appearance goods will be acquired.

The ability to purchase patterns will become available at prestige 1.
The ability to purchase symbols will become available at prestige 2.
The ability to purchase engravings will become available at prestige 3.

All patterns, symbols, and engravings will be available except those that are exclusive store patterns, symbols or engravings.

The patterns, symbols, and engravings that will be available will be random day to day.

The faction in the lead will have five (5) of each available to purchase.
The faction in second will have three (3) of each available to purchase.
The faction in third will have two (2) of each available to purchase.

A Tattoo Shop (Viking exclusive)

All tattoos will be available purchasable.

Price varies depending on the vikings position in the faction war. If the vikings are leading 0% increase. If in second, 100% increase. If in last, 200% increase.

Barracks - A building the player can interact with to change:

The player can swap the current hero in town.

The player can open the hero customization window to change appearance; loadout; gear; or feats, emotes, etc.

The player can launch tutorial / practice.

Contract Boards -

Where players can join a multiplayer game.

Player can select daily orders and view the weekly / event orders.

Players can also view the faction war map.

These boards should be very common and located near nearly every establishment for ease of access.

Players can view news and game update notes.

Taverns, Bars, and Great Halls - Where players can idle while chatting, waiting, etc.

Players can sit in chairs.

If players sit a NPC will deliver a drink. (A periodic drinking animation will follow)

Depending on the faction’s position taverns, bars, and great halls will either have an increased or decreased: number of NPC, NPC attitude, music mood, etc.

Socialization
While in town entering Guard Mode will not draw your weapon. Instead you will target the player you are facing. When a player has been targeted a menu will allow you to invite to party, add to friends, or mute.

Player will be able to chat locally. Local chat should be able to be turned off.

When a player has joined a party an additional option of ‘Duel’ will appear. This will take the two directly to a match.

When a player has joined a party an additional option of ‘Inspect’ will appear. This will allow you a brief overview of that player’s equipment. This option should be off by default, but can be enabled.

Group chat will always be prioritized over local chat, stay longer, and will have a distinct color.

Social can still be accessed through F2.

Miscellaneous:

‘Steel’ should probably be renamed ‘Coin’, as steel is a bit of a misnomer. You wouldn’t throw a bunch of metal at a blacksmith and demand that he improve the quality of your leather boots, but you could pay him coin to tan your leather and improve its quality.

Salvage needs to be reworked as it holds no value save upgrading equipment. Personally, I have thousands of salvage, and hardly use it.

No more gear will be salvaged from the battlefield. Gear will now be bought through the blacksmith.

A simpler main menu. No more obnoxious splash screen. A simple high quality dynamic image with the links. "To Town - Quickmatch - Settings - Exit".

After the match the ‘Next Match’ tab should display - Ready, Map Vote, Return to Town.

The Faction War

The Faction War should be rebalanced and readdressed. The past rounds have ended with whichever faction is most active the last day of the round wins.

War assets are still awarded based on your performance.

War assets can be deployed on the World Map via the Contract Board.

You can accumulate your war assets from multiple matches and place them on the area of your choice or spread evenly.

If you don’t spend your war assets within 1 day, they are lost.

Conclusion - Thanks for reading. I know this seams like a daunting task, but I want something worth fighting for and I know you do too.

Viruletic
04-06-2017, 06:55 AM
That's a really neat idea. However ubisoft is already committed to taking our cash and running off, so something of this caliber will never happen...

Tom_Tom08
04-07-2017, 02:48 AM
That's a really neat idea. However ubisoft is already committed to taking our cash and running off, so something of this caliber will never happen...

Yeah, it's pretty unrealistic to ask them to rework some of their main ideas like how gear is acquired. I think my process of how to acquire gear and dyes, etc is better and that my concept is pretty imaginative though and would take the game to the next level; but I guess you have to think of the people that have already gotten everything and would it be fair to those that havent, etc.

vipersden905
04-08-2017, 12:58 AM
This is a really cool idea and would make for a amazing add on. But! the time and resources to put into this would take too long. I think if this happens... It will be in a game like "For Honor 2". Great idea and we will see what happens!

+1:)

Tom_Tom08
04-08-2017, 06:08 PM
This is a really cool idea and would make for a amazing add on. But! the time and resources to put into this would take too long. I think if this happens... It will be in a game like "For Honor 2". Great idea and we will see what happens!

+1:)

FledgeSRondo
04-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Really interesting idea, would add another level of depth, flair and immersion to the game world. That said... I already drop a TON of time into the game every day as it is, just fighting in the various modes, waiting for matches to start, customizing gear builds, practicing different heroes, etc., and wandering around a city chatting to folks and visiting taverns, shops and the like would take up a huge chunk of the actual gameplay time I already spend daily. I suppose it would be a fine addition so long as it's supplemental and optional, i.e. you don't HAVE to go into the city to do these things and can just go straight to the menu's like it is today, then you could have the best of both worlds, straight up matches on the fly if you want to get right down to it or a social community to participate in if you like role-playing.

XGC_Sanity
04-09-2017, 02:11 AM
Unfortunately, as awesome as the idea sounds, it sounds more like an MMO... And I do not believe they would be able to sustain it just off the connection issues they're having since release.

Tom_Tom08
04-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Lol talk about a Destiny player looking to make For Honor into Destiny. Which btw Destiny is a horrible game that literally loves stealing cash from consumers to continue playing its series. Trash developers

I like the city Idea. But then again its just Destiny turned into For Honor. And would lose all the fun of getting equipment and become lame as hell to buy equipment and just become a grind game like destiny. Good style concept bad gameplay interaction.

Ontop of waiting several minutes to load and leave this "city" and wasting time running around the city to obtain gear and items.

More of a waste of time waste of gameplay for gear. Just a horrible idea in general I wouldnt play the game or buy a 2nd series if they did this. I probably wont buy from Ubisoft ever again anyways after all this non sense.

1. I've never played Destiny. The concept of a town where a player can explore, manage equipment and gear, and in general idle is a pretty common concept in nearly every game.
2. The city idea is so it feels like the faction war means something. When your faction is doing good, so does your town. I wanted the idea because the faction war doesn't mean anything to me and the only thing it really changes is a couple of banners on the map depending on who controls the territory. Frankly, no one even notices these and I only noticed it after watching a developer livestream.
3. As I said it's a concept to make it something worth fighting for.

Really interesting idea, would add another level of depth, flair and immersion to the game world. That said... I already drop a TON of time into the game every day as it is, just fighting in the various modes, waiting for matches to start, customizing gear builds, practicing different heroes, etc., and wandering around a city chatting to folks and visiting taverns, shops and the like would take up a huge chunk of the actual gameplay time I already spend daily. I suppose it would be a fine addition so long as it's supplemental and optional, i.e. you don't HAVE to go into the city to do these things and can just go straight to the menu's like it is today, then you could have the best of both worlds, straight up matches on the fly if you want to get right down to it or a social community to participate in if you like role-playing.

Yes, it would be. As I said, from the main menu you could jump right into the game. So those that would like the RPG/MMO tilt on the game can enjoy the town. The only time you would actually need to go 'to town' is to upgrade equipment etc.

Unfortunately, as awesome as the idea sounds, it sounds more like an MMO... And I do not believe they would be able to sustain it just off the connection issues they're having since release.

Yea, the issue is that the games are P2P, and a town would require there to be an actual server. If it was possible to have a server just run the lobbies and join players P2P when they joined a match that would work, but it would be pretty ambitious and asking a lot of Ubisoft.

Tom_Tom08
04-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Sorry I should have elaborated.

And would lose all the fun of getting equipment and become lame as hell to buy equipment and just become a grind game like destiny.
How is randomly acquiring gear after a match (Sometimes you don't get anything and 90% of the time it's trash) more fun than directly purchasing what you want from a merchant. In my eyes they're identical 'fun-ness' except one you get what you want without having to play 10,000 games to get your gear through luck after just a few matches you would have the steel for exactly what you want.

Ontop of waiting several minutes to load and leave this "city" and wasting time running around the city to obtain gear and items.
You can join matches from the main menu by selecting 'quickmatch' without having to 'load' into town my version of the home screen.

More of a waste of time waste of gameplay for gear. Just a horrible idea in general I wouldnt play the game or buy a 2nd series if they did this
See above. I think you misread or misunderstood my idea. There's no more grind for gear than there is currently of acquiring it through luck.

RyRyRyRyan
04-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks for putting work into this. I would like more product from the developer to add to the game as well.

It is very ambitious though, since there's already ways of changing the gear through the menues im not sure I'd spend a whole lot of time in town. Walking around seeing the towns folk might give me more of a reason to fight. I'd be reminded of the classic film "Seven Samurai", and maybe help contrive a new reason to keep playing. Rather than make it out to be a big shopping sim, it might be interesting to make each tiny territory on the faction war map into a mini free for all sandbox. One that changes depending on if the territory is owned by its ancestral faction or been conquered by a rival, or currently the setting of battle. It's a quiet peasant village now, but in 5:59 hrs it could be on fire. Running into rivals and getting into a duel could be exciting.

I suggested a "head hunter" mode in another forum. Basically you collect heads of defeated enemies by performing a certain number of decap finishers on them during a game and you keep their head and list of their stats as a trophy. The only thing is where to put them? An upgradable abode would be ideal. Starting with a soggy tent and a bloody sack that fits 3 trophies outside of a poor border village you could upgrade to a palace in the city center.

If I had a sense of ownership localized in one or another territory on the faction war map I would have a bigger reason to play months/years from now. If I found that my town were under attack I'd pour all my efforts into defending that territory and not loose my trophies, extra sentimental gear, and salvage.

Some rpg ements like this are necessary to give the game more personal emersion and longevity. Right now I don't have a lot of prompts that let me write a personal story in my head as I play. I'm just a nameless soldier in a war I have no comprehension of.

RyRyRyRyan
04-10-2017, 10:01 PM
...it's currently at the end of the "new modes, characters, and maps" post started by "cyber"- something. Wouldn't be hard to add I hope.

Tom_Tom08
04-11-2017, 01:33 AM
Thanks for putting work into this. I would like more product from the developer to add to the game as well.

]It is very ambitious though, since there's already ways of changing the gear through the menues im not sure I'd spend a whole lot of time in town. Walking around seeing the towns folk might give me more of a reason to fight. I'd be reminded of the classic film "Seven Samurai", and maybe help contrive a new reason to keep playing. Rather than make it out to be a big shopping sim, it might be interesting to make each tiny territory on the faction war map into a mini free for all sandbox. One that changes depending on if the territory is owned by its ancestral faction or been conquered by a rival, or currently the setting of battle. It's a quiet peasant village now, but in 5:59 hrs it could be on fire. Running into rivals and getting into a duel could be exciting. - Probably more appropriate for its own suggestion thread. I understand what you mean though of it needing a real reason to fight and continue to play.

I suggested a "head hunter" mode in another forum. Basically you collect heads of defeated enemies by performing a certain number of decap finishers on them during a game and you keep their head and list of their stats as a trophy. The only thing is where to put them? An upgradable abode would be ideal. Starting with a soggy tent and a bloody sack that fits 3 trophies outside of a poor border village you could upgrade to a palace in the city center. - Not that it's relevant to this thread, but you said you didn't want a sim and this is exactly what you followed your comment with. I don't think a upgradable home would add anything to the game, or make me any more likely to feel a reason to fight for my faction. My idea of having the town become more prosperous gives a reason to fight.

If I had a sense of ownership localized in one or another territory on the faction war map I would have a bigger reason to play months/years from now. If I found that my town were under attack I'd pour all my efforts into defending that territory and not loose my trophies, extra sentimental gear, and salvage.

Some rpg ements like this are necessary to give the game more personal emersion and longevity. Right now I don't have a lot of prompts that let me write a personal story in my head as I play. I'm just a nameless soldier in a war I have no comprehension of. - This summarizes the whole thread nicely. I really do want to see For Honor do well. I want to want to play.

UbiJurassic
04-11-2017, 02:38 AM
Wow! That's an amazing idea, Tom_Tom08! Thanks for writing and sharing it with us!

Tom_Tom08
04-11-2017, 04:00 AM
Wow! That's an amazing idea, Tom_Tom08! Thanks for writing and sharing it with us!

Thanks, I hope it's worth fighting for.