PDA

View Full Version : Dominating with the Machinegun

Uri_Firebringer
03-01-2004, 02:34 PM
The actions with these machineguns seems to have a somewhat limited use. When u eventually run out of i e 20 mm ur gonna have to rely on this lowpowered infantery invention. Now what I ask is there something I dont know yet? Like am I using these guns in a wrong fassion?

It feels like could fire all my rounds in the arse of a stuka and still now get the disired result. Is the only option to down a plane, (with a MG) if u shoot at the cockpit?

Uri_Firebringer
03-01-2004, 02:34 PM
The actions with these machineguns seems to have a somewhat limited use. When u eventually run out of i e 20 mm ur gonna have to rely on this lowpowered infantery invention. Now what I ask is there something I dont know yet? Like am I using these guns in a wrong fassion?

It feels like could fire all my rounds in the arse of a stuka and still now get the disired result. Is the only option to down a plane, (with a MG) if u shoot at the cockpit?

oFZo
03-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Use them to aim, fire machinegun first, if they hit the target fire cannons too!
They can be usefull to down planes, just be very close and aim well http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-oFZo

Eurotroll

"I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use." - The Bible

BfHeFwMe
03-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Don't waste your time firing them from directly behind and expect results, not going to put a dent in any armor. Kick in some rudder and add some offset for side deflection, different story. I find the 13mm especially very effective, have snapped off a P-47s wing before with a half second burst at around 300 meters. The rounds had enough arch at that distance to hit the wing on the top, snapped it like dry tree twig. Even 7.92's are deadly if you can put them into the sides of a fuselodge and engine up close. Nothing cripples a plane quicker than a bunch of lite mg's spraying up close and heavy.

leet_haxxor
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Diz is becuz tehy r undermodaelaed, y if yuo got 2 russian green mgs yuo wod s3xx tehhm n0t to say if yuo got thar white mgs oer teh us .50 caells (which s3xx 10 times moer even tho it r lower calliber than german 13mm mg)

k thnaks,

Chuck_Older
03-01-2004, 03:47 PM
That's a remarkably articluate outburst. here's another:

Muhm muh mau, muh-muh muh mau....SURFIN BIRD! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Did anyone prophesize these people? Only Travis. Come in Travis! ~ Clash