PDA

View Full Version : What the point of staying in the game if my team is breaking ?

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 06:36 PM
***Edit anti-troll*** i don't do this for real i try to picture how stupid it is to always quit and find a new lobby in hope to save 30 seconds

If i have been executed ?

Why ? everyone will quit the lobby .Regardless of what happenned ! They quit and hit rematch and you will meet them again in the following match up ...---- if by one chance you don't get ''quit to world map'' freeze----. i just want to play after all.But i prefer to stay in lobby and at least have a chance to decide which map i wish to play next

I've been pointing this issue since day 1 .No single f*ck had been given.My suggestion always get lost due to '' nerf everything in this game posts'' flooding

Why don't you obligate people to ready up before either : been able to after match chat , deploy your asset or Votemap ! If you don't want to play one more game with the same people then quit and your assets will be automaticaly deployed and by this you won't be able to shout ''screw you bunch of *****'' before leaving the current lobby.

escacleo
04-05-2017, 06:43 PM
You don't get any for quitting for one. You destabilize the match for 2. F you for that. And if your team caps a point it can bring you back to life.

Assets when you quit to main menu before victory screen. LOL good one

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 06:47 PM
I don't think he's referring to in-game. I think he's referring to the post-game matchup, where if more than 2 people leave, it boots everyone out to the lobby anyway (if it doesn't glitch out and freeze in the process).

The reason everyone bails is because it's so easy for a lobby to no longer have enough people in it that it's pretty much never worth the time of waiting and seeing.

If they allowed lobbies to be filled by new players while you're in-between games that would go a long way towards fixing the problem, but as it stands, it's pretty much never worth it to do anything but quit and re-enter the MM after a match.

Edit: on closer read it seems he's saying he quits out of the match proper because of the way the lobby is going to be handled, so why waste his time. in which case, my apologies escacleo, your points are absolutely valid.

escacleo
04-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Ah I quit too. Why wait for everyone to click the check. Matchmaking times are less for me than waiting the full duration they give you to get ready for the next match.

Supercool5150
04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
You lost me.

Alchemist-21-
04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure OP is saying he quits before the game is actually over if he gets executed because it's faster to find a new game and start playing again than wait it out. But like escacleo said, you won't get XP and loot for quitting like that and you can destabilize the game for everyone.

kweassa1917
04-05-2017, 06:52 PM
If i have been executed ?

Why ? everyone will quit the lobby .Regardless of what happenned ! They quit and hit rematch and you will meet them again in the following match up ... if by one chance you had no ''quit to world map'' freeze .I don't even deploy my assets anymore i don't see the point . I quit and hit rematch as soon as i can i just want to play after all.

I've been pointing this issue since day 1 .No single f*ck had been given.

Why don't you obligate people to ready up before either : been able to after match chat , deploy your asset or Votemap ! If you don't want to play one more game with the same people then quit and your assets will be automaticaly deployed and by this you won't have earn the right to shoot ''screw you bunch of *****'' before leaving the current lobby

Because whatever skin or shape it has, in the end a competitive game is between two sides. You get to enjoy it because there's that other guy. That's why before anything else a competition first emphasizes etiquette, manners, and sportsmanship to its athletes, and those who lose it are deemed unworthy to play the game.

Do you usually pull the plug on whatever game you lose? If you play football or soccer or baseball with your buddies, do you just walk out the moment you see your team's chance of winning is unlikely? Is that what you do at school? Or if you are older, is that kind of f***ed up thing you teach to your kids?

Win or lose, once you get in a match you're committed to do best for the team and your teammates, and at the same time you fall under the obligation to see the team through. You don't see ball players or athletes just call it quits and walk away from the field because they are punished and battered. In whatever circumstances people play through the game, and when they lose, they accept the results.

What you are endorsing in your statement, is I'm sorry to say, is in such BAD TASTE, devoid of common courtesy towards the other man. If your basic stance towards competitive gameplay is in that manner, frankly you have no business playing ANY kind of multiplayer game with anyone.

Just go play single-player game or something where you can do whatever you like. That'd suit you better.

Supercool5150
04-05-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure OP is saying he quits before the game is actually over if he gets executed because it's faster to find a new game and start playing again than wait it out. But like escacleo said, you won't get XP and loot for quitting like that and you can destabilize the game for everyone.

If that's the case, then I stay. Gotta get them points...Because it could be an hour before I complete another game.

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Ok guys it is a metaphore i don't really quit before the end of a match.I totalized prestige 20 yet .I didnt get this rep level by quiting before the end of the game.Since day one the fact that people always quit at the end of every games always seem to be destroying game consistency.

And yes i am talking of players who leave game lobby at the end of every single match just to hit rematch

Im not english native so truely sorry if you didn't read me well .But i am pretty sure if you take time to reread what i said you l see my point as it is

this is the most important point of my post: Why don't you obligate people to ready up before either : been able to after match chat , deploy your asset or Votemap ! If you don't want to play one more game with the same people then quit and your assets will be automaticaly deployed and by this you won't have earn the right to shoot ''screw you bunch of *****'' before leaving the current lobby

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Ah I quit too. Why wait for everyone to click the check. Matchmaking times are less for me than waiting the full duration they give you to get ready for the next match.

if you play dominion and do this you probably rematch on citadel gate 75% of the time.This behavior is actually exactly what i try to point in the post and at least I tryed to come up with a good suggestion

Skarik-
04-05-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't even deploy my assets anymore i don't see the point .
If you play on ps4 you have thropys, that stretch out tediously over an entire season to Manualy deploy war assets, well you wanted a reason. Just fyi.

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 08:43 PM
If you play on ps4 you have thropys, that stretch out tediously over an entire season to Manualy deploy war assets, well you wanted a reason. Just fyi.

i deleted this part then . It is not really the main point of this topic.But yes i don't give a **** anymore to war assets . I cummulated 8 crates so far .My main have 100 000 faction materiels.My loot inventory is full i don't even take the time to dismantle it anymore.So yes i don't care about the reward

I don't care just as you don't bother waiting 1 minute for the next match up . you prefer quit and find a new lobby in hope to save 30 seconds

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Because whatever skin or shape it has, in the end a competitive game is between two sides. You get to enjoy it because there's that other guy. That's why before anything else a competition first emphasizes etiquette, manners, and sportsmanship to its athletes, and those who lose it are deemed unworthy to play the game.

Do you usually pull the plug on whatever game you lose? If you play football or soccer or baseball with your buddies, do you just walk out the moment you see your team's chance of winning is unlikely? Is that what you do at school? Or if you are older, is that kind of f***ed up thing you teach to your kids?

Win or lose, once you get in a match you're committed to do best for the team and your teammates, and at the same time you fall under the obligation to see the team through. You don't see ball players or athletes just call it quits and walk away from the field because they are punished and battered. In whatever circumstances people play through the game, and when they lose, they accept the results.

What you are endorsing in your statement, is I'm sorry to say, is in such BAD TASTE, devoid of common courtesy towards the other man. If your basic stance towards competitive gameplay is in that manner, frankly you have no business playing ANY kind of multiplayer game with anyone.

Just go play single-player game or something where you can do whatever you like. That'd suit you better.

my main is prestige 17 almost 18 . do you reaaly think i have reach this level by quiting and not being a teamplayer . your assumption are wrong.I don't need a thesis on how i should behave in this game.

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 09:05 PM
pillows and snowflakes ... EDIT!

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Be a man, take the loss. What is it with you millennials and the inability to deal with adversity ? If you can't be number one, you don't even bother and just up and quit, THIS! this is why I hate MP games, you are all such poor sports and whinny little brats and cry and moan about anything that doesn't go their way. You belittle others for not playing the way you do and you put yourselves before everyone else, because the hell with other people right ?

did you took the time to read the post or you just stopped at ''if i have been executed i will quit'' . because it is totally not . Its a picture ! for sake !

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Yes I read it. All I am saying is man up and take the bad with the good, not everything is perfect and you need to learn how to deal with it without screwing others over. I just got this game yesterday and have had my sh1t pushed in so much that I have chocolate tears and I get pissed but I never rage quit. I take a break and figure out how I can improve, I rarely blame others. Perhaps I was a little mean in my OP, so I apologize for that ,its just I hate how popular MP games are yet everytime I try to enjoy one ,someone is always out to take that away from you.

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes I read it.

well go look my stats and you'll see i have an average 50/50 win and a k.d ratio of 1.03 out of a total of 6D22H of play. Does this look like a rage quitter stats ? or i only stay if i win .
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/AKDagriZ

WoodDaGawd
04-05-2017, 10:50 PM
30 seconds is 30 seconds and this game has long load times as it is already.

I usually leave the lobby to rejoin if I don't see people readying for a rematch when getting rewards. Id rather waste that time doing something than sitting doing nothing and hoping that others hit ready within that 60 seconds.

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 11:09 PM
30 seconds is 30 seconds and this game has long load times as it is already.

I usually leave the lobby to rejoin if I don't see people readying for a rematch when getting rewards. Id rather waste that time doing something than sitting doing nothing and hoping that others hit ready within that 60 seconds.

i understand what you said and it is basically why people leaves.Im not claiming to have the perfect solution. if player have to ready up first before doing anything else it will grately improve this issue.if you see people are ready to queue you will be more likely to stay Otherwise you still have the opportunity to leave if you are impatient and as it is your assets already deploying automatic in this case

On pc version when you have to quit a empty lobby you have 50/50% chance of a freeze it last 15 second up to 1min30s .Which after playing this game a lot become simply unbearable.Plus you have 75% chance of hiting once again citadel gate.. dunno why tough

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 02:17 AM
you see Devs who by any chance will read this post

I just play a good 1h30 in dominion . Was really hoping to play high fort . I could see it in mapvote ! could almost feel it. But haven't been able to play it in 1h30m . Why ? same reason as listed here on this post.
I voted it twice just to realise everyone quit the lobby . and i had to go back main menu and the only map i could play in 1h in half was citadel gate and sanctuary bridge i played overwatch once which i really hate

I didnt play ,much MP game in my life been addict to counter strike and bf2 , i played a bit orcs must die and iracing.never played a game before with absolutely no consistency where you always have to quit and find a new lobby like what happening with for honor .If i take the time to come here and ask for something it is probably because i like everything else in this game.

I am not asking a completely reworked game !

UPDATED : for the first time in very long time every players stayed !!!! guess what HIGH FORT was not on the mapvote option OMFG

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
There is no GOOD reason to leave, but if my team breaks and its 1000 - 600 or less unless I had an amazing game I usually leave. Because obviously the odds of coming back to cap 3 points and save the day are VERY low. Not saying it doesn't happen. Just saying I am not willing to wait. Of course if its 700 or above I will stay and go for the comeback.

- I don't wanna have to wait for my team to die. Especially if I die early and my team is terrible. I don't wanna have to watch bad players be bad when I could just leave and be in a new match before the rewards screen even pops up for the one I left.

- The quicker match turnaround if I leave is more important to me than the XP of a single match.

- The VERY low chance of getting anything good doesn't exactly entice me to stay either.

- The steel you get for a single match is negligible as well.

Until the finally implement a punishment I really don't see a reason to stop. plus since I win far more than I lose I only ever end up leaving a few matches a night.

I'm not saying they are GOOD reasons.

I'm just saying those are MY reasons.

Bob__Gnarly
04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
^ And that's why we need the punishment implemented ASAP.

Guys like this rage quitting and crashing the game right before it ends. Good job.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Guys like this rage quitting and crashing the game right before it ends. Good job.

I agree 100%

guffffff
04-06-2017, 09:55 AM

NO! Thats why they need to FIX the game. Punishment for leaving? Ridiculous, whats wrong with you guys its a game ffs

Bob__Gnarly
04-06-2017, 10:22 AM
NO! Thats why they need to FIX the game. Punishment for leaving? Ridiculous, whats wrong with you guys its a game ffs

Yes fix the game, that would be ideal. But lets be realistic, the stability problems won't be fixed for a very long time, if ever.

So in the meantime, implement punishment for rage quitters in the next patch. Ubi I hope is at least competent enough to do that at least. Then maybe we'll see less match crashes which is out of control at the moment and more people sticking it out til the end instead of having to play with/against useless bots.

escacleo
04-06-2017, 11:56 AM
It's Ubisoft. They'll implement a punishment, you'll get disconnected for some reason. And get the punishment cause I mean it's Ubisoft we're talking about. Stability over any punishment. Or if anything accumulate rewards during the match rather than at the end of the match. Then it doesn't matter if you get disconnected. At least you'll still get something for having played the duration that you did

guffffff
04-06-2017, 12:58 PM
The punishment will be an unstable connection or long time in matchmaking - so no change :)

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Well the main topic is about people who prefer to quit lobby instead of using mapvote.Which is ridiculous because you will mostly always play the same maps if you can't ever mapvote.Ragequitter nerver bothered me that much because the system in place to replace in game quitters work relatively good.I don't even mind jumping in a game to realize i will replace a BOT it is actually cool in some games where you can become the game changer.
When i realize i will replace a bOT i like to shout while loading -hey guys what the score ? - hold tight i'm coming !

Some match have so bad input or so stupidly one sided that yes its up to you if you prefer to quit.Exemple : you play sanctuary bridge and the enemy is camping your near flag and instead of trying hard to recap our flag the 3 others go B.

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 02:20 PM
I agree 100%

i think he was refering to you

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 02:38 PM
i think he was refering to you

I know and I agree with what he said.

Not sure how you missed that?