PDA

View Full Version : What's the most Bone Headed thing you've done in For Honor so far?

Supercool5150
04-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Title says it all. I just wanted to know since I pulled the most bone headed move last night. I was playing Dominion and we were to a point that both teams were Breaking. I saw one of my team was fighting at base A so I ran to help. As I arrived I saw my team mate was in a bit of trouble. So instead of jumping right in I decided to pull out the long bow. (I was playing with Orochi) But instead of the long bow I accidentally dropped my nail bomb. Of course it got set off and myself and my team mate blew up while the opposing guy just watched. My screen went crazy with about 4-5 WOW's. I hit sorry and we did win the match thanks to another team mate reviving us. Man I felt stupid. So there's my bone head move... What's yours?

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Anytime I chase a Warden or a LB to an environmental hazard. I know what's gonna happen every time, and every time I end up off a cliff or on some spikes.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Anytime I chase a Warden or a LB to an environmental hazard. I know what's gonna happen every time, and every time I end up off a cliff or on some spikes.

Same,I chased a lawbringer across a duel map,guess what happened.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Every time I try to drop kill someone who moves out of the way or dies before I land. A few glorious seconds where I feel like the hand of doom descending from the skies complete with terrifying battle scream ... only to faceplant into the concrete.

It's like playing the special bus version of Assassins Creed, where Ezio has been replaced by an idiot who misses the haystack every time ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 05:14 PM
I did get caught in my own beartrap as a valk once,not once but twice in the same game.

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I did get caught in my own beartrap as a valk once,not once but twice in the same game.

I do that every time I play Warlord...

cragar212
04-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Mained raider

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I do that every time I play Warlord...

You'd think I wouldn'thave done the same thing three minutes later though,felt a bit special.

SilentTakeo
04-05-2017, 05:28 PM
back in my early days, maining Lawbringer, I launched a catapult at a single enemy (the last enemy post-break) just as 2 of my allies ran up to attack.

Needless to say, I was spammed with "Wow!"s from everyone. :p

Alchemist-21-
04-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Have tried to throw a guy off a ledge, the guy I threw hit my teammate and my teammate got knocked off instead.

xmelesiox
04-05-2017, 07:04 PM
May have posted this one already but it's still the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Conquerer getting beat up by Conquerer. I'm the raider. They are fighting on a bridge where B is down the ladders and A is up with the spikes. Y'know the place.

I come running in as the raider and do my grab charge picking up the enemy Conq like a BOSS. Friend gets knocked off the bridge to his death and I MISS throwing the enemy Conq off the bridge and instead slam him into a smidge corner of a wall dazing him. He stands up, I guard break, he counters and I fell off the bridge to my death.

xmelesiox
04-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Every time I try to drop kill someone who moves out of the way or dies before I land. A few glorious seconds where I feel like the hand of doom descending from the skies complete with terrifying battle scream ... only to faceplant into the concrete.

It's like playing the special bus version of Assassins Creed, where Ezio has been replaced by an idiot who misses the haystack every time ;)

I've done this but HIT the person only to realize, mind you I should've noticed before hand, his two buddies right next to him. Dropping to kill one guy with one hit left into three people is a bad idea.

RatedChaotic
04-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Knocked two people off at the same time. I stood there and watched thier bodys flutter as they screamed. Then a lvl 1 bot hits me off....lmao It was Elimination me and the bot were the last ones.

Went to the top of that Samurai tower and tried to get a drop kill off the side of it and the target was definitely to far away.

Burn-The-Sinner
04-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Basically this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_uMfXfCSm0

xmelesiox
04-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Crap I got another one!!!

I threw a fire bomb, same map B is way down below, and killed a person trying to cap it. CELEBRATED NON STOP - power humping the air, roaring and conquer ran up shield bashed me off the ledge I was standing on and took the point I was protecting during my rawr celebrations.

RatedChaotic
04-05-2017, 07:27 PM
May have posted this one already but it's still the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Conquerer getting beat up by Conquerer. I'm the raider. They are fighting on a bridge where B is down the ladders and A is up with the spikes. Y'know the place.

I come running in as the raider and do my grab charge picking up the enemy Conq like a BOSS. Friend gets knocked off the bridge to his death and I MISS throwing the enemy Conq off the bridge and instead slam him into a smidge corner of a wall dazing him. He stands up, I guard break, he counters and I fell off the bridge to my death.

lmao.....good one.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Basically this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_uMfXfCSm0

At least they took it well ... ;)

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Going online before doing anything else ... with the " I GOT THIS" mentality! was it fun ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w&index=100

Viruletic
04-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Tried to attack someone when I was next to a ledge, ended up jump attacking off instead to my death.

ceaser64
04-05-2017, 11:59 PM

So much truth here. I swear at least half my deaths are my getting thrown off cliffs when I know that's what their trying to do. Got to the point whenever I see them run to a ledge right off the bat I'll just stand back a little and wait. Might end up fighting 2 guys at once (I mostly brawl) but I got a better chance of winning there than running up to that ledge. I'm horrible with GBCs

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 12:03 AM
So much truth here. I swear at least half my deaths are my getting thrown off cliffs when I know that's what their trying to do. Got to the point whenever I see them run to a ledge right off the bat I'll just stand back a little and wait. Might end up fighting 2 guys at once (I mostly brawl) but I got a better chance of winning there than running up to that ledge. I'm horrible with GBCs

I know your pain, I mostly duel, in the tower ruin there is nowhere to run and every now and then you damn well know why they are standing where they are standing.

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 12:07 AM
>.<Not game related but how about forum? Put a tongue in cheek 'suggestion' on the community creations board. Not even a serious suggestion, now it just looks like I am trolling lol

UbiNoty
04-06-2017, 12:29 AM
Every time I try to "help" my teammates but accidentally get in their way/help the enemy get revenge faster.

THE_H3XMAN
04-06-2017, 02:42 AM
Too many to count all in all, though the most recent was probably whiffing a charge of the Oni on a Nobu that turned their back on my Shugoki after dealing what ended up being fatal bleed damage, I know full well from experience that the grab will negate the bleed with regen as I've used it to that effect before when a nobu gets complacent and thinks me finished. Respawned, had the same happen a second time due to my bone headedness.

I headdesked. Then traded properly as I should and flattened them xD

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 02:56 AM
well everytime i throw someone off and get thrown as well by one of his teammate or accidently throw off one of my teamate

FightingFerrets
04-06-2017, 03:18 AM
My partner and I were double teaming a guy on the rock bridge in Citadel gate. As he Gb'd the guy I figured being a PK a nice little stab to the back would be an nice touch to his GB. Except my partner was planning on tossing him off so he chucks him towards the ledge, straight into me, driving me from the bridge and over the edge.

He spammed 'sorry' but honestly I was laughing pretty good. I wanted a "LOL, my bad don't worry about it" quick message.

Special4ces Dom
04-06-2017, 11:04 AM
I bought the game full price digitally.

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Had my first dominion on highfort last night, missed a jump off the tallest freakin part of it,

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Most boneheaded thing I have done in For Honor?

Buying it day 1. That was pretty dumb on my part.

Aarpian
04-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Bought the gold edition

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Bought the gold edition

I genuinely feel bad for you.

No joking.

Draghmar
04-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Sometimes I forget which team I'm in (color) and once I charged at 1v1 fight to help out...but instead of opponent my attack landed on my teammate...Fortunately that didn't stop us from winning.

Alchemist-21-
04-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Just played a game of dominion. Both teams were breaking and my friend said to use my arrow storm. I used it on the guy I was locked on to. The arrow storm hit and killed me and completely missed my opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1KxAAmXqGA

Jobsalot
04-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Team was breaking and I detached from the group to challenge a Peace Keeper who teased me into combat only to flee again, rinse and repeat. I blindly followed in my blood rage, all the way to where the enemies entire group was waiting. They slaughtered me like the stupid cattle I was.

Icetower
04-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Started looking at the forums.

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Just played a game of dominion. Both teams were breaking and my friend said to use my arrow storm. I used it on the guy I was locked on to. The arrow storm hit and killed me and completely missed my opponent.

Brilliant :D

secrecy274
04-06-2017, 10:51 PM

Lmao, that's the funniest thing I've ever seen on these forums!

UbiNoty
04-06-2017, 11:31 PM

Rip. I'd watch your friend carefully the next few days and make sure they aren't actually an enemy spy. :>

CandleInTheDark
04-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Three things in two dominion matches darnit.

Forward dodge stabbed a raider off a ledge, let go of my lock on button accidentally and all I see is a flash of spear knocking me in.

Went up a ladder after the enemy zone, two enemies came out the back of it and I go right off the top again.

Later in the game of the second one, forget that peacekeeper's gb range is not the same as a lawbringer's, right off that tower again.

Edit

And another that is eye roll worthy. I nearly kill a warden in the middle, chase him all the way back to his spawn base (I know what you're thinking,it isn't that)he runs out when he realises one of my teammates is there, I figure this is wasting time I could be being productive. Valk teammate is fighting an orochi, I am looking for a chance,ten seconds after the warden left,I am about to dive in at an unprotected back, screaming like a falcon...when a sword slices through my back, it is that friggin warden. Situational awareness, Candle, get some. At least the Valk managed to clean up my mess despite the health boost from my grisly end.

Alchemist-21-
04-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Oh god I just played someone tonight who was so boneheaded it caused me to be boneheaded too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ch5gWX3sgE

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 10:37 AM
LOL! >.<It took me a few times to realise 'Hey why are you down' was the key part of that and what had actually happened and I wasn;t in the heat of battle if it makes you feel any better..

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Closedominion game, we were exchanging breaking back and forth. We were breaking and two down, I went to clear a zone to revive them, pushed a raider into a pit, couldn't help myself with hitting the the best emote as he had been pitting people most of the game, and another PK pounces me and shoves me in after him. I really hope the two that were dead were watching the other guy. You'd think I would learn, it is the same pit the Valk pushed me into the other day when I lost my lock on and my camera went spinning.

Crackatawa96
04-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Did a pouncing thrust on a shugoki with armor, he had critical health and fatman embraced me. I was at full hp...was >_>

NeoLocutus
04-09-2017, 09:03 PM
All the times that I tried to drop kill an enemy, farming the Heads Up! achievement, only to end splattered on the ground and bewildered with hundreds of Wow! :-)

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 10:02 PM
All the times that I tried to drop kill an enemy, farming the Heads Up! achievement, only to end splattered on the ground and bewildered with hundreds of Wow! :-)

And even when you hit you are down to a slither of hp

Alchemist-21-
04-09-2017, 10:06 PM
And even when you hit you are down to a slither of hp

Yeah that's the dumb thing about ledge kills. Getting the kill shouldn't punish you.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Yeah that's the dumb thing about ledge kills. Getting the kill shouldn't punish you.

I can see the reasoning, at the same time, if you jump off a tower, normally you're looking at not getting up from that. It reminds me of a boss kill in the first assassin's creed game. There was one where the guy was underneath a tower, now if you timed it right, you could jump off, hit the button to grab the wall and hit the kill after bouncing off the wall, and this only didn't kill you because the program ran through the rules of ledge grab and kill rather than falling from height. I always figured eh the real flesh and blood human is in a machine and we are playing a video game of him playing a video game.