PDA

View Full Version : Region Locked?

Kill2Heal
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,

I can play in other regions like japan using a proxy in consoles?
Or need a JPn account in psn/microsoft.
I'm from South America but i want play in the North America or Asia region for example

rossato2109
04-05-2017, 06:45 PM
I would love to know how to change that as well. It will be a problem in the future for people in certain regions. For example, lets say where I live people stop playing but population stays strong in USA and Europe, am I screwed? There has to be an option to choose diferent regions.

Vingrask
04-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

I can play in other regions like japan using a proxy in consoles?
Or need a JPn account in psn/microsoft.
I'm from South America but i want play in the North America or Asia region for example

I'm from Brazil, São Paulo, 60MB internet, Green NAT, and when I face players from Argentina I already have bad latency. Why in hell you want to play "on" another continent?

rossato2109
04-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm from Brazil, São Paulo, 60MB internet, Green NAT, and when I face players from Argentina I already have bad latency. Why in hell you want to play "on" another continent?

Really, do you have problems with argentina players? Dont have issues with them, I am also from Brazil. I have played with people in Europe as well when a friend of mine that lives in there as the host and didnt have any more lag than I have usually while playing local. In fact most conection problems I got happens against another brazilians that are probably stealing wifi from their neighboors or something.

Anyways, I rather play with bad latency than NOT PLAY AT ALL.

escacleo
04-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Your bad latency effects my game. So stay away from North America we have our own problems :P

Vingrask
04-05-2017, 07:03 PM
In fact most conection problems I got happens against another brazilians that are probably stealing wifi from their neighboors or something.

Hahaha, it's true.

Yes, the queue is getting longer, so I understand you.

rossato2109
04-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Hahaha, it's true.

Yes, the queue is getting longer, so I understand you.

Yeah, its becoming an issue. They have to present us solutions. Clearly locking regions will just ruin the game for a lot of people.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-05-2017, 07:38 PM
It would ruin the stability of the match. I play with people from EU on custom games, and it's a laggy sh*tfest. You need to think of the people from the regions you want to play in as well.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Yeah, its becoming an issue. They have to present us solutions. Clearly locking regions will just ruin the game for a lot of people.

Locking regions helps maintain the stability of the match.

rossato2109
04-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Locking regions helps maintain the stability of the match.

Maybe, but it can't happen at the cost of nullifiing online play for players. If they keep going this way they should advertise in the game box or in the online store that regions X, Y and Z are dead to multiplayer.

Worth saying I don't have problems playing with Europe players (and I am in south america).

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Maybe, but it can't happen at the cost of nullifiing online play for players. If they keep going this way they should advertise in the game box or in the online store that regions X, Y and Z are dead to multiplayer.

Worth saying I don't have problems playing with Europe players (and I am in south america).

Ok, but not everyone has great internet, mine is average and that's still not good enough. If they make it so that regions aren't locked, insta guardbreaks will be the norm, as well as the Orochi and PK insta hits. This will ruin stability for everyone, ruining what little playable matches we currently have.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

rossato2109
04-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Ok, but not everyone has great internet, mine is average and that's still not good enough. If they make it so that regions aren't locked, insta guardbreaks will be the norm, as well as the Orochi and PK insta hits. This will ruin stability for everyone, ruining what little playable matches we currently have.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Bad internet ruins game even locally so this does not apply. If anything, they should limit people with red bars. Also, they could just give an option to match local only or global, like some other games.

rossato2109
04-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Would be nice to get some sort of info about what Ubisoft intends to do further on.

Fuqbois
04-08-2017, 04:32 AM
The problem is that the game says that queue opens to "ALL REGIONS" while it doesn't, its a lie, i play a lot of games on NA servers just fine, Overwatch, HOTS, some CS matches, LoL. But in for honor i only get matched against SA players. So if the game population keeps going down i won't be able to play the game. I want my money back if that is the case.

Huldrych-ZX
04-08-2017, 07:22 AM

*****, I'm from Chile and I have terrible latency in ALL GAMES whenever I get to play with Brazilians. Yes, you guys only.
So, if anyone has info in this, let us know. I'll gladly switch these guys over literally anyone on America.
(Ubisoft, please, match me with northamericans)

rossato2109
04-11-2017, 08:46 PM
The problem is that the game says that queue opens to "ALL REGIONS" while it doesn't, its a lie, i play a lot of games on NA servers just fine, Overwatch, HOTS, some CS matches, LoL. But in for honor i only get matched against SA players. So if the game population keeps going down i won't be able to play the game. I want my money back if that is the case.

I never understood the "ALL REGIONS" thing as well, clearly it doesnt match us with all regions. Game activity is already declining, its an absurd if they keep the game locked into regions like this. Give the option to opt between global and regional, that would help a lot. As I said, I have more problems playing with people in my area due to some using ****ty internet than with people on the other side of the Atlantic. If anything they should give an option to prevent queues against red bars...

rossato2109
04-12-2017, 02:55 PM
*****, I'm from Chile and I have terrible latency in ALL GAMES whenever I get to play with Brazilians. Yes, you guys only.
So, if anyone has info in this, let us know. I'll gladly switch these guys over literally anyone on America.
(Ubisoft, please, match me with northamericans)

Can't say I blaim you, a lot in Brazil seem to be using ****ty cel internet or something, its impressive (in a bad way). Still, the problem persists. It would also help you if you could set your matchmaking to a "global" option.