PDA

View Full Version : So salty

BigOlShugoki
04-05-2017, 11:44 AM
For Honor is a great game but iam tired of these salty *** *****es. I get shield slam spammed by this conquer and destroy him still, he sends me hate mail saying I was a "***". So because I overcome your heap tactics I'm a "***". This game would be so much better if the community stop being sore losers all the time. Who sends hate mail to people? Don't forget WOW! WOW!

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Man I feel you, try being a peacekeeper. If we throw more than three lights in a round it is omg spam, if we use our kit and they bleed out it is omg so cheap, I am pretty sure if I won a fight only by dodge attacks it would be the same.

cragar212
04-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Haha yeah saltiest game I ever played hate mail wise.

It's funny if I play pk I'll get 3 or 4 an evening. If I play Raider I get 1 every 3 or 4 days. Guess there isn't alot to say if you die to a Raider heh.

Just wait until they add ranked mode. Then the true salt generation will begin.

BigOlShugoki
04-05-2017, 12:10 PM
I don't get it, I have people spam the shot out of me, run away get boosts, cheapest tactics period. Then hey get salty when you still kill them? I'm sorry? I don't see how they believe they have a right to hate mail just because their cheapness fails.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 12:13 PM
I am pretty sure if I won a fight only by dodge attacks it would be the same.

I've done that. Got Wow! spammed ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 12:22 PM
I've done that. Got Wow! spammed ;)

Yeah it took me a moment, not having had quick chat in games before, to realise that

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Is them being salty.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Yeah it took me a moment, not having had quick chat in games before, to realise that

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Is them being salty.

At least I didn't get hate mail, that seems to be reserved for after they have lost the match.
Individual fights I haven't had much grief at all other than in-game emotes. But then I don't Light Attack spam ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 12:30 PM
At least I didn't get hate mail, that seems to be reserved for after they have lost the match.
Individual fights I haven't had much grief at all other than in-game emotes. But then I don't Light Attack spam ;)

I had hate mail because I let a guy bleed out three times and didn't feel like getting in range of his sword on any of those occasions because why would I.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Though my favourite has to be those who leave a duel right after they go down so they can preserve their precious win loss record.

BigOlShugoki
04-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Loss should count regardless, maybe people would stop rage quitting.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 01:17 PM
I've just had saltiness redefined completely. I was in a duel with a warden, first two rounds of the first duel, he had me completely, third round I had started getting the measure of him,nearly had him dead and he tossed me into spikes on a wall. I figure eh I was getting close, I would like another crack. Second duel, first round again I am whittling away his health, he tries to push me off a ledge and fluffs it, second time he tried a get out of jail free card. I don't usually look for enviro kills but I figured he has clearly put out it is on the table, I toss him off that same ledge after spending the round outclassing him and I get the Wow! spam before he quits game.

Pope138
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Warlord main here.
Grab an opponent, push them a country mile to a ledge, they fall to their death.

Them:
Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Me:
Thanks!

It happens often. I guess I'm really impressive to my opponents. I try to stay grounded and not get a big head over it.

WoodDaGawd
04-05-2017, 03:32 PM
This is why I no longer care about people that quit or cry in game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idFQUXNzgHo&t=660s

Im sure they are all about the same age as the ones in this video.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-05-2017, 04:21 PM

This has opened my eyes to people who leave early or rage quit holy god parents shouldn't even buy their kids these games urgh

Prophit618
04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
I had a 4v4 Elimination once, where I got paired up against a Warden that I had an excellent fight with. The type of fight where you don't know who's going to win right down to the wire where you both have very little life. I got some bleed on him, enough to guarantee the kill, and would've gone in for the execution if I saw an opening, but as I didn't find that opening (and couldn't afford to chance it) I let him bleed to death.
What followed was 2 rounds almost non-stop of calling me slurs based around ethnicity, sexual orientation, whether or not my wife cheats on me (despite being homosexual I am apparently still married to a woman who cheats), and just basic rudeness. At the end of the match, right before they lost their last round, he announced that he hoped the game crashed on me, and then rage-quit.

Even by this game's standards, that was the epitome of salt.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Warlord main here.
Grab an opponent, push them a country mile to a ledge, they fall to their death.

Them:
Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Me:
Thanks!

It happens often. I guess I'm really impressive to my opponents. I try to stay grounded and not get a big head over it.

I counter with Thanks! all the time too. I like to imagine it makes them just that little bit more salty ;)

Pope138
04-05-2017, 05:48 PM
I had a 4v4 Dominion once, where I got paired up against a Warden that I had an excellent fight with. The type of fight where you don't know who's going to win right down to the wire where you both have very little life. I got some bleed on him, enough to guarantee the kill, and would've gone in for the execution if I saw an opening, but as I didn't find that opening (and couldn't afford to chance it) I let him bleed to death.
What followed was 2 rounds almost non-stop of calling me slurs based around ethnicity, sexual orientation, whether or not my wife cheats on me (despite being homosexual I am apparently still married to a woman who cheats), and just basic rudeness. At the end of the match, right before they lost their last round, he announced that he hoped the game crashed on me, and then rage-quit.

Even by this game's standards, that was the epitome of salt.

Making someone that emotional by outplaying them feels better than any ordinary victory. I'll take that over steel and xp any day.
I'm not prone to rage like that, but if I were I'd mute my mic. Why give my opponent the satisfaction?

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 05:55 PM
I had a lawbringer quit on me after falling into lava off one of the small bridges but that was on me as he had been reasonable about enviro, I hadn't even known that gap was there when I dash attacked him. Saw it as I was landing and was all oh HELL.

tbtsrjc
04-05-2017, 06:20 PM
I agree, this game has the worst community of players that I have ever encountered. A good portion of players throw tantrums like a rude child would when they lose, and they'll rub their digital balls on your corpse when they cheese out wins or legitimately win. Can't win against them no matter what you do, unless you acquire a Jedi mind and ignore all the salt even though it's piled high all around you.

Had a guy give me hate yesterday over beating his Raider with my Zerker in a duel, who in my eyes is the weakest of the assassins, whose combos are easily parried by competent players.

Vingrask
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
This has opened my eyes to people who leave early or rage quit holy god parents shouldn't even buy their kids these games urgh

I'm impressed too.

That was totally unexpected. The entire time I thought I was playing with at least 16+ years old players, but based on price and game tag and style, 20+ years old is what I most expect, enough to do not be a spoiled brat (well, they shouldn't at least). But looks like this is exactly what they are...

If my mother or father saw me saying those things while playing Atari, damn...

escacleo
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Deaths, Kills, and score gains should be given to your character after each round. As well as when you put towards an order. That way disconnects and rage quits do nothing. K/D still gets pooped on and if you get disconnected you still added to your orders/steel/xp based on how long you were in game rather than a lump sum at the end.

RatedChaotic
04-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Oh ya. I thought The Division was bad. We took your loot in that game. Here its worse for some reason.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Oh ya. I thought The Division was bad. We took your loot in that game. Here its worse for some reason.

The one time I nearly extracted something, I was fending off a gang of rikers and suddenly there was someone else innocently running to the extraction point and damnit I opened fire on her thinking she was an npc lol. I was so glad when underground dropped.

RatedChaotic
04-05-2017, 07:51 PM

I literally would bend those kids over my knee. They sound like they havent had any discipline in their lives. Then again I dont think they could handle it. I used to take my son to base with me every day at 430am and did pt then he went to school.

bmason1000
04-05-2017, 10:08 PM
I literally would bend those kids over my knee. They sound like they havent had any discipline in their lives. Then again I dont think they could handle it. I used to take my son to base with me every day at 430am and did pt then he went to school.

0430 pt before school haha no thanks. All my units did first formation 0615, ruck march wednesdays at campbell were 0500 and I still hated that in my 20's.

DeN6722017
04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
when i get Wow! spamed on me for the Bash after heavy attack of block as Lawbringer i respond Thank You! i get a PSN message that says " Friggin *****" i respond " can you please salt my fries i see you have a bit to much" then he blocked me :)

FootlessRhino
04-26-2017, 03:39 PM
lol, is hate mail specific to consoles? I main PK and never received one, sounds really amusing. I'm on PC tho, don't think they can get my e-mail address.

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 04:05 PM
PK main on PC myself, and I've received tons of hate, from slurs to death threats, but never received a message. I think it's a console only thing.

Or maybe there's a notification box in Uplay that's overflowing with people hatemailing me. That would be nice.