PDA

View Full Version : Fix console Peacekeeper light attacks.

ParryBait
04-05-2017, 05:41 AM
Peacekeeper is broken on console. The light attacks are nearly too fast to be reacted to. I can see why tournaments banned this horribly designed player. With feats, PK has more health than most heroes, it hits harder than most heroes, and is too fast to react to. When PK runs out of stamina, it can back dodge faster than any hero can sprint. This class is broken.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Hm, do you have some nice videos for backing up those claims? You know, i am 100% with you there that she is a real pain on consoles. But it is not just the character itsself.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 06:06 AM
Hm, do you have some nice videos for backing up those claims? You know, i am 100% with you there that she is a real pain on consoles. But it is not just the character itsself.

The character was officially banned by MLG in their next tournament.

Is that not proof enough?

Yokonato
04-05-2017, 06:49 AM
While i wont deny videos can back up his claims I also believe this is one of those goes without saying PK is ridiculous on console unless you already are guarding the side you gonna take at least one hit, and the dodge is preety insane yes i understand its a assassin but its crazy for some of the other classes to attempt to swing at a pk have them dodge through your hit be up in your face and slapping you,most of the xbox 4 v 4 modes are full of at least 1-2 pks who spam hits and run around gbing from behind to get bleed before running away again, I honestly feel the I frames need a smaller window a mmo Vindictus did Invic Frames better in my opinion were talking .034 sec frames so you have to slide through a move when it happens not have like 2 seconds like it is now, the current window has pk sliding in and out of moves and your just expected to gb and get 1 hit at a time? If you can even get a gb during that fight not to mention PK has a passive for attacks give revenge even if you get close to finish them alot just end up hurting you enough to pop revenge than becoming a hurricane of blows til your dead.

Once again not nerfing pk but the I Frames are to big in my opinion, just like the zerk the dodge makes most of the classes sign a death warrant

cragar212
04-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Balance in this game is a joke in general. Extremely inexperienced / iincompetent team handling it.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Balance in this game is a joke in general. Extremely inexperienced / iincompetent team handling it.

For real?

Ah well, to be constructive, i put some PS4 Pro footage together. Some fights vs a PK that was better then me, one Duel against an Orochi. Not to show of some skills i obviously don't have, but to show some actual gameplay footage on console.

What one needs to keep in mind here, that the player sees stuff even later. The recording is done based on the PS4 Signal output, not factoring in the delay that may come with your TV.

At some points, you see me having my guard switched into the correct direction after being hit. So the indicator is there. It could be me being to slow, controller deadzone being another factor, whatever; it really is hard to block miss pk, even if i am not sleepy.

Btw, please no discussion about music, video quality etc. - i used some tracks available within sharefactory due to being clueless about rights stuff etc, not wanting any trouble. Further, i am an rookie when it comes to this sharefactory stuff, sry for that. I really just want to show some honest footage. No manipulation, nothing; simply the way plays on console without whining about Peacekeeper - poor Peacekeeper is simply the prime example for stuff that is hard to react to here.

edit: video link: https://youtu.be/aa4RwM0t44k

DrExtrem
04-05-2017, 12:01 PM
The problem has multiple layers on console.

The general lag, input lag, delay of the tv screen, controller layout (standard controller), bad connection and off course 30 fps.

Blocking very fast attacks is difficult enough ... parrying them, is a *****.

Add other issues like the counter guard break window being influenced by debuff resistance gear (maybe parry too?) and the guessing game of blocking in general and reactive gameplay becomes really frustrating - even with an elite controller and a finger glued to the paddels.

NotFourthBro
04-05-2017, 12:22 PM
I feel like PK was banned from console tournaments, and PC players are using that info to complain about the class anyway.

Kaijudub
04-05-2017, 12:35 PM
It's kinda funny, when dealing with low level spammy players she is a complete nightmare. All you can do really is block, parry is too risky and when you try and gb to catch a mistake you get hit by another light.. The amount of times i've watched a PK murder three of my team mates in dominion when in revenge is pretty crazy...

Valk is also now on the verge of being unblockable in combo since her buff also.

ItsHolyman666
04-05-2017, 12:57 PM
The best part is when you hear about how incredibly "difficult" it is to play peacekeeper.... I played the class for a single day and got to rep 1, if you don't end up with 10+ kills/assists in 4v4 as peacekeeper you truly are bad, she makes stealing kills into an art form.

Something else that absolutely cracks me up is when I can spam light attacks as a PK... against another PK. If the attacks are so fast that the class can't even keep up with ITSELF, that's a massive problem lmao

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Let's just hope the adjustments that really are needed do not destroy anything. For example, if all animations became slower .. hell, would that feel weird. But in the end, this is all a numbers game. Decreasing hits per second and adding damage per hit, pk (and maybe valk) would simply get more in line with other chars. PK can feint like a pro if she wants btw. Just doesn't need to do it because .. hell, who needs to feint anything into a light when spamming this light regardless is as safe as well?

And even if that would mean the attackspeeds being more streamlined and a little less diversity, i would gladly embrace it for the sake of balancing. If you can keep the speed but fix the input or animations to appear faster, well, that would solve stuff too. But personally, i really hope for effective measures. Calculating that one only blocks 1 of 3 hits and reducing damage per hit by 66% surely would help people against PK, but .. come on! You see where this would be going ;)
Though, when i consider the armor some chars are wearing. How does it come she deals any damage at all? :3

Kaijudub
04-05-2017, 01:27 PM
I can't really suggest what could be done as i dont play her, but IMHO an assassin class should not be able to face tank you with no punishment.

Blasto95
04-05-2017, 01:33 PM
I feel like PK was banned from console tournaments, and PC players are using that info to complain about the class anyway.

What tournaments are people talking about? The only large one that I follow as a fan is War Rising.

Has there been a single official MLG tournament?

And id like to hear which Console tournaments you are talking about? I dont disagree with banning PKs especially on console. But ive been trying to follow console tournaments and theres none really to mention as far as I know. Ive hosted my own 64 man tourney twice now and was essentially forced to ban PK or a decent amount of people wouldve just left the tournament or never joined in the first place.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Let's just hope the adjustments that really are needed do not destroy anything. For example, if all animations became slower .. hell, would that feel weird. But in the end, this is all a numbers game. Decreasing hits per second and adding damage per hit, pk (and maybe valk) would simply get more in line with other chars. PK can feint like a pro if she wants btw. Just doesn't need to do it because .. hell, who needs to feint anything into a light when spamming this light regardless is as safe as well?

And even if that would mean the attackspeeds being more streamlined and a little less diversity, i would gladly embrace it for the sake of balancing. If you can keep the speed but fix the input or animations to appear faster, well, that would solve stuff too. But personally, i really hope for effective measures. Calculating that one only blocks 1 of 3 hits and reducing damage per hit by 66% surely would help people against PK, but .. come on! You see where this would be going ;)
Though, when i consider the armor some chars are wearing. How does it come she deals any damage at all? :3

Hard and soft cancelling heavies is half the fun for me, I could be looking for a light on the other side (which if I have feinted you into your guard being that side I have no problems throwing one of), I could try throwing a heavy the other side to look for deep gouge, feint then attack in the same direction because I have conditioned you to block the other side, cancel into guard break, cancel into bleed light the same side, cancel into dodge which means I may or may not throw a dodge heavy, if she has incentive to use it she has a good mix up and that is where the nerfs need to push her, away from light spam, which the current ones won't do. That isn't including deflects and dodges in general, I like dodging at just the right moment to land a heavy on a warden or conqueror who fluffed their charge. Play the level three peacekeeper bot, you'll see no spam there.

And yeah I do agree something needs to be done about it, have been saying as such for a while.

DrinkinMyStella
04-05-2017, 01:47 PM
PK with bleed feat plus the triple stab bleed drained all my health in one go. i main valk and manage to put a lot of pressure on PK with my fast light attacks but i'm always ready to counter GB.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 03:10 PM
PK with bleed feat plus the triple stab bleed drained all my health in one go. i main valk and manage to put a lot of pressure on PK with my fast light attacks but i'm always ready to counter GB.

Hm, thats 4on4 modes. I think the "enrage button" is all right there. I mean Kensei has a evil one. Catapult is evil. Fire flask is evil. It's all evil. So is her bleed damage when it hits. So before touching those feats, i think putting the class in line first would be the right choice.