PDA

View Full Version : Has the orochi been getting slower?

pancakerz
04-05-2017, 05:17 AM
I've mained orochi since the open beta so I'm pretty familiar. So it's hard to tell if I'm just playing against more skilled opponents...or if it feels like she's been dipped in molasses.
My biggest problem I've been having lately is that the cgb seems near impossible to get. Again, I'm not sure if this is new, but all of the orochi's attacks seem to have such a long start up, and long recovery time, and it leaves you incredibly vulnerable to gb's. I play lawbringer as well, and have found it so much easier to cgb with him. If someone blocks (not parries, just blocks) my attack with orochi, i'm victim to a gb, but lawbringers seem to recover so much quicker and can counter that stuff.

Even whiffs leave me open when I play orochi. I was dueling a PK earlier today, and made her whiff a heavy attack. Thought to myself "perfect, that should leave her open to a gb, because that's how it works for me, and we're both assassins." nope, she's ready to counter immediately.

It just seems like orochi has been getting slower and slower, but maybe I'm just playing against better people and therefor noticing it more. But I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

kanuzira
04-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Orochi has had no nerfs or buffs

surr3a1
04-05-2017, 07:40 AM
You can cgb after the whiff, there is no problem. The only time you can't get it is after a parry.

I am wondering if I can cgb after warden's unblockable combo, but I've seen that bots do it from time to time so it should be also possible.

pancakerz
04-05-2017, 10:37 PM
well then i guess it's just connection issues...or I just suck :D
But I still maintain that I have an easier time cgb'ing with heroes other than orochi. Guess it's just superstition at this point though.

surr3a1
04-06-2017, 07:26 AM
I had similar impression at one time and then started to analyze the issue and found out that the default mappings are just not good enough.

I use both kbd and controller to play. On the kbd I remapped the GB to 'E' which changed everything since it is much easier and faster to press it than MMB.

On the controller I changed it from X to LT so now I do not have to move my thumb from the RS to perform a GB since my left index finger is always sitting on LT - that changed everything again.

CaynAldan
04-07-2017, 10:14 AM
I have the same impression. Specially with gb acter storm rush. I found in forums they took same orochi's frames. Any way, ill do a little remap too