PDA

View Full Version : @Ubisoft 37% positive reviews in steam. Solution Included

AzureSky.
04-05-2017, 01:27 AM
I will go to the point, with this game you have a lot of potential to win A LOT of money, much more, the only thing you need to do is to make the game free to play, before you say im crazy take in mind this facts.

- Its one of the few games that have a lot of potential profit in the form of emotes, executions, clothes, colors, weapons, etc. The amount is very high and you can win a lot selling these things with the actual steel economy (its already a free to play economy)

- The propaganda the game already has, this game is disscused a lot by reviewers and players because of the original and out of the way gameplay system, you have a very high skill ceiling and a lot of ways to play each characters based on the player, the game only needs more modes (king of the hill, tournament,etc)

- The connection and matchmatching will benefit a lot from this (because of the size of the playerbase increasing a lot more) take in mind that open beta had 50000 players (steam only) you can win that players again + a lot more with proper ads and events (invite players and get steel or unique emotes, etc) more players in a region = more good connections in the same region (p2p performance is region based)

You still have time to fix this ubisoft, just try to see the end of the potential of this game, you tried to get all of our money in one go and bash away this game as a one time money grabber, big mistake because you can win A LOT more if you make the proper decisions.

sorry for the bad english, i made this in a rush (also its not my language)

Netcode_err_404
04-05-2017, 01:38 AM
I will go to the point, with this game you have a lot of potential to win A LOT of money, much more, the only thing you need to do is to make the game free to play, before you say im crazy take in mind this facts.

- Its one of the few games that have a lot of potential profit in the form of emotes, executions, clothes, colors, weapons, etc. The amount is very high and you can win a lot selling these things with the actual steel economy (its already a free to play economy)

- The propaganda the game already has, this game is disscused a lot by reviewers and players because of the original and out of the way gameplay system, you have a very high skill ceiling and a lot of ways to play each characters based on the player, the game only needs more modes (king of the hill, tournament,etc)

- The connection and matchmatching will benefit a lot from this (because of the size of the playerbase increasing a lot more) take in mind that open beta had 50000 players (steam only) you can win that players again + a lot more with proper ads and events (invite players and get steel or unique emotes, etc) more players in a region = more good connections in the same region (p2p performance is region based)

You still have time to fix this ubisoft, just try to see the end of the potential of this game, you tried to get all of our money in one go and bash away this game as a one time money grabber, big mistake because you can win A LOT more if you make the proper decisions.

sorry for the bad english, i made this in a rush (also its not my language)

F2p ? LOL.

Want to make players play this game ? Fix it. Ez.

Nobody would buy a broken game where ppl needs to use hamachi or tunngle to group up ( yes r6 siege, Im looking at you). For honor, is broken. Thats why has negative reviews. Beeing f2p won't resolve anything, just look Evolve, went f2p, nobody play it, cuz if boring as ****.

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 01:42 AM
Games going F2P is a sign that they failed.

Ubi needs to fix all the issues that are causing all the negative reviews. The problems won't go away just by making the game free.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 01:56 AM
I will sound harsh on this, but here, maybe, the pc community is digging it's own grave. When has there last been high activity for you guys?
Many people posting here kinda wish the best for this game, because it would benefit everyone. The player? Faster mm, more diverse opponents. The dev. More money, more content. The player: more fun - and so on. But the way they go about doing so ... hey come on, if you like something that still has flaws and you tell everyone how bad it is, you are left alone with it. As simple as that.

Not that i don't like the issues that still exist. But for one, i trust UbiSoft will fix the game and maybe even take a extra look at the console version due to the 30 fps limit and the change of pace it does cause. Guess at the latest with S2, we will have an amazing sword fighting game with a still lively community - on both console platforms. PC? I dunno. You do all hate this game, though it looks better and plays better.

I really don't understand you guys.

Besides, when has there been this amount of innovation in recent years? New networking tech that makes for some very nice fighting with very low latency. That still fails in 1 of 15 games, but well.
Lovely coreographed fighting, a deep system super intriguing characters, lovely visuals .. yes, i personally do really like it :)

So do i hope for new content?
Of course.
Hoping for bug fixes?
Well, of course. But until those happen, i try to stay calm and preserve my trust. You know, life is kinda easier if you stay positive.

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 02:18 AM
I will sound harsh on this, but here, maybe, the pc community is digging it's own grave. When has there last been high activity for you guys?
Many people posting here kinda wish the best for this game, because it would benefit everyone. The player? Faster mm, more diverse opponents. The dev. More money, more content. The player: more fun - and so on. But the way they go about doing so ... hey come on, if you like something that still has flaws and you tell everyone how bad it is, you are left alone with it. As simple as that.

Not that i don't like the issues that still exist. But for one, i trust UbiSoft will fix the game and maybe even take a extra look at the console version due to the 30 fps limit and the change of pace it does cause. Guess at the latest with S2, we will have an amazing sword fighting game with a still lively community - on both console platforms. PC? I dunno. You do all hate this game, though it looks better and plays better.

Besides, when has there been this amount of innovation in recent years? New networking tech that makes for some very nice fighting with very low latency. That still fails in 1 of 15 games, but well.
Lovely coreographed fighting, a deep system super intriguing characters, lovely visuals .. yes, i personally do really like it :)

Of course.
Hoping for bug fixes?
Well, of course. But until those happen, i try to stay calm and preserve my trust. You know, life is kinda easier if you stay positive.

So you blame the PC community for the games faults?

Many of us enjoy the game, when it works. The problem is, it doesn't work a lot of the time. Be it connection issues, matchmaking, balance, the many glitches & bugs. How can you put any of the blame on the players, we just want to enjoy a product we paid for. For me personally I can only play during peak hours, because if I try during off peak I'm just wasting my time staring at a searching for players screen. Then when I do get into matches, there's a good chance that I'll get booted for various reasons. This is my main gripe with the game, I want to play it, but I can't! Is this my fault?

I'm not going to talk positively and recommend the game to others just because I like the core game play. I'm going to tell it as it is. I mean kudos for trying something new, but it's clearly in a beta state not fit for release as is, but they went ahead and released it anyway. I've been patient, I'll stick around until the start of season 2 to see if things change for the better. But realistically, they'll need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to bring back all the players they've lost on PC. Time will tell I guess.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I feel like they had the Alpha and Betas knowing that the game would look REALLY nice in an "unfinished" state with very low server load, and nobody was that experienced with their classes.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 05:56 AM
No, i do not blame anyone for bugs and disconnects beside UbiSoft. But for the lack of players, at least partially, the playerbase is responsible as well. I watch some weird and not so symphatic guy on twitch playing Nobushi by the way. He seems totally fine. Crashes? Nope. DC's? Very very rarely. Wait times? Well, a little.
In Germany there is the saying that you can talk something to death. To me, it does seem some people try it with the game. Despite them hoping for the opposite. And that's where it's weird.

Mia.Nora
04-05-2017, 06:07 AM
No, i do not blame anyone for bugs and disconnects beside UbiSoft. But for the lack of players, at least partially, the playerbase is responsible as well. I watch some weird and not so symphatic guy on twitch playing Nobushi by the way. He seems totally fine. Crashes? Nope. DC's? Very very rarely. Wait times? Well, a little.
In Germany there is the saying that you can talk something to death. To me, it does seem some people try it with the game. Despite them hoping for the opposite. And that's where it's weird.

Hey, I hear you out. Now you hear me out. Whenever I try to play I queue, wait 240 EXACT seconds and get the notorious 0002001512 Matchmaking Failed Error. Happens again and again like 19 out of 20 times. I have Open Green NAT with fibre connection so no problems on my end.

I have waited patiently 2 months with tickets to support, for that particular error to get fixed. AFTER TWO MONTHS this their solution to that error; https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026687/Error-Code-0002001512-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

It claims that error happens when host manually quits. That means there is a guy out there who happens to be always host, whose session never starts before 240 seconds; and he has a chronometer set to 240 seconds to crash the matchmaking at exact moment to the milisecond. Yes I tested the timing. I told ubisoft all about it. All the details how this error happens. And they still claim it happens when host manually quits.

And they also provide a solution: Please try queueing again.

Here is the thing, game works for some people pretty ok like 8 out 10 games working (sadly this is considered pretty good for this game),
for some it barely works,
and for some including me it does not work at all and support makes me wait 2 months to tell me the magic solution of Please try again.

You think it is the PC community at fault? Install > Login > Play without problems have been an industry standard for PC for more than a decade for now, even for F2P games. This game is so below the bar, it still would fail as F2P in its current state, for one simple reason; FAILING TO WORK.

Because when it does work, it is amazing. Sadly it fails to do so in majority of time. And tech support/ dev team seems to be completely clueless about how to fix anything.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-05-2017, 06:07 AM
What they need to do is:

---Create a new network framework thats not P2P but server based, then get some bloody excellent servers (and get servers in lots of locations and not skimp out)
---Test them out ASAFP with an experimental branch of the game on PC first (because it can be updated super quick without having to get their patches verified for consoles)
---Once they have it nailed on PC make the switch for all consoles.
---Get onto remarketing the game, detailing the massive change to servers.
---Ontop of this, release the two or so new heroes they have in the works.
---Make one truly excellent armor for each class (apollyon for wardens etc... and put them in the game as EXTREME challenges for players. Such as beating the last boss on realistic without taking damage or something) So still only very few would have it (one in 20 or even less) but would bring players back to the game to attempt it, and then hopefully keep them playing again when they try the new updates etc...
---Release some Merit based ornaments that are extremely tough to get (achieve a 30 kill streak? or something) and add them in.

Everyone I know that owns this game in Sydney cant even get a yellow NAT, despite opening the ports for it... And some others cant be f**ked doing all of this stuff to play a multiplayer game, especially after they have tried to get a green NAT once or twice and just gave up. Its infuriating and soul crushing wasting a full day off opening ports and fiddling with moden setting getting nowhere...

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 06:24 AM

Well you can't blame players for not sticking around if their experience is frustrating and rage inducing. Games are meant to be fun and something you do to relax and unwind.

I shouldn't need a networking degree to get it working, in saying that, I've done all their suggested troubleshooting, wasting god knows how much time and still it's as broken as ever... Ubi's support is as basic as it gets, tickets go unanswered for weeks on end. Their communication on all the issues has been really poor, finally we got some decent answers in last weeks dev stream, but all their fixes still seem to be a long while away. All this leads to uninstalls and refunds. Ubi should know better and they probably do, which is even worse.

So I can't really blame players for venting here and in reviews. They're upset and in most cases rightly so.

p00k.
04-05-2017, 07:12 AM

Of course.
Hoping for bug fixes?

It wasn't the PC community that was too cheap to shell out for dedicated servers and hoped p2p would be a cheap substitute (it isn't)
It wasn't the PC community that decided matchmaking should occur before character selection and not after (with subsequent gear score imbalances)
It wasn't the PC community that set the price on the microtransactions and currency income
It wasn't the PC community that made revenge builds the only build worth having

JesterSyxe
04-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Games going F2P is a sign that they failed.

Ubi needs to fix all the issues that are causing all the negative reviews. The problems won't go away just by making the game free.

This Game has failed weeks ago. It is one of the biggest Fails next to No Man's Sky. So it should be F2P already. But still this would not safe the Game because Ubisoft does not have the brains to fix any of the Issues. Just look at how ******ed the Shugoki is. Running around, charge, running around, charge, running around, charge. The Worst Combat System ever. Hyped like crazy but BS.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 09:14 AM
It wasn't the PC community that was too cheap to shell out for dedicated servers and hoped p2p would be a cheap substitute (it isn't)
It wasn't the PC community that decided matchmaking should occur before character selection and not after (with subsequent gear score imbalances)
It wasn't the PC community that set the price on the microtransactions and currency income
It wasn't the PC community that made revenge builds the only build worth having

Dedicated servers would likely mean way higher latency in tradeoff for more match stability for some. This,pitted against better response and possible working networking solution soon for the majority seems a better deal already. And UbiSoft has money. I dunno how much, but i am sure it is damn much. A company like this doesn't make decisions based on money alone, even if it may seem so. But business is complex and UbiSoft already doesn't have the best reputation amongst western players. Though it is kinda different in the far east (Japan for example) where they have set foot relatively successfully. Anyway, the decision with the new networking code and this whole simulation process surely did cost hell a lot of money to code, possibly more then a few servers would have.
Why does it make sense though? Guess it's about the future of gaming/online gaming in general; we want the best servers, the best response timings etc. - but whenever something moves through a server, everything is delayed due to the date traveling from a to server to b to server to a.

Revenge builds and gear are adressed soon. Overall Skill is the only that that should count btw. You try something new? Learn to tackle it. Besides (having gone through prestige 0-3 on multiple chars) the way being harsh at times, you still see a lot of others with hardly any gear because many people are stil trying out new heros. So point 2 and 4 seem invalid for me as well.
When it comes to the microtransactions. I don't care. I play, enjoy the game. And oh my, does the steel flow in. Enough for mythic or elite costumes. Because - you needn't spend anything for gear. The higher the prestige, the better the rewards. So you get all your gear in due time. The steel can be spend on customization alone.

But well, haters gonna hate.

Ichnich89
04-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Tell me. How has it failed? How do you know that most of the people who quit playing won't come back? How do you know that every aspect of the game won't get tweaked and fixed?

You guys are discussing problems that already has been adressed and will get fixed. They are working continuously on this game and give us updates every week, not only here in the forums but in form of streams, letters and other stuff. In one or two weeks we'll get a patch that will adress a lot of balancing and bug fixing. Yet you cry it's taking so long. What the hell is wrong with you people. Give them time. First season isn't over yet.

I'll bet my next pay check on that the population of this game will at least gets doubled again when the next season starts.

EmeraldCthulhu
04-05-2017, 09:57 AM
I will just say this - this game has been out for nearly 2 months now. During that time, nothing has been done to adresse all the huge problems with character balance, matchmaking or gear.
There are now so many exploits and bugs in the game, that it's basicly impossible not to run into those while playing. All of those should have been adressed with hotfixes as soon as they were discovered. They were not.

The game is in horrible state. And so the reviews reflect this. I really don't understand how anyone can defend this. I like this game mechanics a lot and I will really like to keep playing it - sadly, all the stuff mantioned above makes the whole experiance annoying, and I don't have time to play games I don't enjoy. If I were to write a review for it right now, it would be in the negatives as well, even thought I think the game itself is good. That is a sad state of things.

Mia.Nora
04-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Dedicated servers would likely mean way higher latency in tradeoff for more match stability for some. This,pitted against better response and possible working networking solution soon for the majority seems a better deal already. And UbiSoft has money. I dunno how much, but i am sure it is damn much. A company like this doesn't make decisions based on money alone, even if it may seem so. But business is complex and UbiSoft already doesn't have the best reputation amongst western players. Though it is kinda different in the far east (Japan for example) where they have set foot relatively successfully. Anyway, the decision with the new networking code and this whole simulation process surely did cost hell a lot of money to code, possibly more then a few servers would have.
Why does it make sense though? Guess it's about the future of gaming/online gaming in general; we want the best servers, the best response timings etc. - but whenever something moves through a server, everything is delayed due to the date traveling from a to server to b to server to a.

I did respond to you with exact same false claim you made in another thread.

Probably you just do not want to hear it, so you intentionally ignore it to be able to whiteknight no matter.. Here it is again;

LOCKSTEP: A technical term used in online/multiplayer games, where the gameclient of a player waits before performing that action until it is authorized by host/server.
It means when you perform an action, you screen does not display it happening until host says "ok I got it".
This ensures the player sees an accurate display of events, as well as ensuring all players sees the same thing at same time (provided they have similar ping to server)

All successful competitive games use lockstep.

And then there are companies who avoid using lockstep; like former Path of Exile (until 2.0 version) to give the illusion of faster reactions.
You do something and you computer immediately display that action on your screen, where as it is displayed before host/server gets to receive and authorize that information. It results in desynch. You hear players here complaining their block/parry animation displaying but enemy attack still going through. That is why.

Not using lockstep only gives the false illusion of fast and reactive, and all in all it is just an illusion. Your simulation may end up being accurate, or not. Completely based on luck and ping. While it makes you feel fast and reactive, it is all an illusion by displaying your input instantly. An action that may never even happen in the first place.

There is a professional Network Analysis for For Honor on youtube, just search it and see that two computers sitting side by side, go into a custom match without anyone else; and there is 100 ms desynch between the simulations displayed on them. And this is the best you get, since with 8 people from different places it will get much worse.

That means, while you may think your game is fast and reactive, in reality LoL with 60~ms latency (norm for majority of its players) is almost twice as reactive as the best case that can be achieved in For Honor.

TLDR: What happens here, this experimental netcode is not future of online gaming. GGG with PoE tried it and failed for years until they had to rewrite their netcode and include lockstep. This netcode For Honor have is completely subpar to most dedicated servers of current industry standards.

They want to experiment trying to reinvent a subpar square shaped wheel, fine let them do it in their test room; not in a game they sell for $60.

xmelesiox
04-05-2017, 12:03 PM
So I just wrote my first review for a game ever on steam. It's like 3 pages long with all the cons and pros in my opinion and is positive plus. Hopefully more people will ready it and get a chance to try the game knowing what they are getting into. I think that'll cause an uptick in positives.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 01:19 PM
I did respond to you with exact same false claim you made in another thread.

Probably you just do not want to hear it, so you intentionally ignore it to be able to whiteknight no matter.. Here it is again;

LOCKSTEP: A technical term used in online/multiplayer games, where the gameclient of a player waits before performing that action until it is authorized by host/server.
It means when you perform an action, you screen does not display it happening until host says "ok I got it".
This ensures the player sees an accurate display of events, as well as ensuring all players sees the same thing at same time (provided they have similar ping to server)

All successful competitive games use lockstep.

And then there are companies who avoid using lockstep; like former Path of Exile (until 2.0 version) to give the illusion of faster reactions.
You do something and you computer immediately display that action on your screen, where as it is displayed before host/server gets to receive and authorize that information. It results in desynch. You hear players here complaining their block/parry animation displaying but enemy attack still going through. That is why.

Not using lockstep only gives the false illusion of fast and reactive, and all in all it is just an illusion. Your simulation may end up being accurate, or not. Completely based on luck and ping. While it makes you feel fast and reactive, it is all an illusion by displaying your input instantly. An action that may never even happen in the first place.

There is a professional Network Analysis for For Honor on youtube, just search it and see that two computers sitting side by side, go into a custom match without anyone else; and there is 100 ms desynch between the simulations displayed on them. And this is the best you get, since with 8 people from different places it will get much worse.

That means, while you may think your game is fast and reactive, in reality LoL with 60~ms latency (norm for majority of its players) is almost twice as reactive as the best case that can be achieved in For Honor.

TLDR: What happens here, this experimental netcode is not future of online gaming. GGG with PoE tried it and failed for years until they had to rewrite their netcode and include lockstep. This netcode For Honor have is completely subpar to most dedicated servers of current industry standards.

They want to experiment trying to reinvent a subpar square shaped wheel, fine let them do it in their test room; not in a game they sell for $60.

Well, so all the professionals are those that spend some spare time to say the tech is bad? You know, without any proof, i don't give a damn about claims. Facebook? No news source for me. Youtube? The same. It is so weird nowadays. Everyone is so fast in telling: this is ****, do it this way, will be better! But do they really know? They only guess.

I mean honestly, if you would be working in a billion dollar company, would you base decisions on: ah, guess this is nice. Lets do it! Or would you rather have your experts evaluate pro's and con's first? Guess what i would go for, guess what those guys might have went for ...

Not that neccessarily all decisions are the right ones - we don't know it because we do not have a working alternative. But i played a lot of multiplayer titles in my life. Starting with the first Starcraft. I know the old times with bad latency. I know about shooting people for whom i wasn't even displayed at this time. Things have really improved since then. And the most competetive fighting games are played in a lan-enviroment, cabled when possible. Well, today maybe wlan doesn't make it worse, dunno .. But input lag is something you can even train with in these games because it simply exists due to the fact they don't have this simulation.

Ah well, i guess i stop wasting my time explaining this -.-

Haters gonna hate. And i even don't know if the system really is superior. But i know for sure that the idea behind is pretty interesting and that for me as a player in 9 of 10 matches it works fine.

Captain-Courage
04-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Well, so all the professionals are those that spend some spare time to say the tech is bad

As I said previously, the same professionnals that released a year ago a MMO FPS with client side trust (Dafuq !!!!), which litterally obliterated their potential user base on PC (with the same pattern as FH by the way, with an user base at 10 % of what it itnitially was only 2 months after release)?
The same that a month ago released a game were players IP can be viewed by the host, who can kick them if he wants, whereas they already did this enormous mistake on a previous game and had to correct it subsequently (R6S)
Those professionnals ? Being professionnal doesn't always mean being god.

Ubi has very little experience with online games, even more with online games on PC, and the problem is that they don't seem to loearn from their mistakes

kweassa1917
04-05-2017, 02:31 PM
This is just for laughs, but I've learned not to really trust Steam scores in a weird way.

There was this game I really liked, wasn't the greatest but pretty good all around. Then I saw the gamers' evaluation scores dropping like flies in front of pesticide... so I thought "what the...? Is something wrong with the game...?"

So I went to the comments and checked it out... and guess what.

The reason the game fell so sharply in evaluation scores, was that for some reason the Chinese players took an interest to it. And then, they DEMANDED a Chinese language version released... and then from that point on, Chinese people all started bashing the game because it won't support Chinese language.

Wow, the game developers pissed off a country with 2 billion population, because they didn't release it in Chinese language...

So from that point on, I don't listen to Steam players' scores. Just stick to magazines and reviewers, lol :D

AzureSky.
04-05-2017, 05:31 PM
F2p ? LOL.

Want to make players play this game ? Fix it. Ez.

Nobody would buy a broken game where ppl needs to use hamachi or tunngle to group up ( yes r6 siege, Im looking at you). For honor, is broken. Thats why has negative reviews. Beeing f2p won't resolve anything, just look Evolve, went f2p, nobody play it, cuz if boring as ****.

Well For honor its not boring, so i dont see the point.

fuoco666
04-05-2017, 05:38 PM
People already spent $60-$120 just to get this game. Making it f2p will make people furious and quit.

AzureSky.
04-05-2017, 06:10 PM
People already spent $60-$120 just to get this game. Making it f2p will make people furious and quit.

No if you gave them special things, like all the next heros for free + effects, emotes, etc.

I dont really mind the 60 if it means this game will improve and not die, also in my country (and all latin america) this game is not played very much based in that only duel and brawl works and you have a free to play economy (thats like 20$ max for this uncomplete game) they need to reduce the cost or make it free to play.

Vingrask
04-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Terrible idea.

Nobody care about Steam reviews without read, and when you read you measure what is really happening.

Ubisoft WILL fix the game for sure, they are doing it week after week. Population will improve but do not expect much. For Honor is still a fighting game, and as any fighting game there is a skill limit where most of players just give up.