PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ this game ..

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Just picked it up 2 hours ago, and so far I can tell I am going to like it a lot. However being new means grabbing your ankles HARD! For instance I cant figure out how to handle a battle if more then one hero attacks me. I get combat one on one but when two join I am pretty much gonna have a die. Am I suppose to stay and fight like this or do you run ? Running seems lame as I will just end up having to fight more then one hero again. Keep in mind I am playing against the bots on easy FFS .. Any tips on handling multiple heroes ( not the weak fodder ones ).

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Hmm, your from EU region? If so, i could lend you a hand.

B4gs4Days
04-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Do the tutorials. The advanced one. Then play the campaign. Youll get better.

Easy waynto block multiples is to preas the stick in the direction of the 2nd enemy.

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 12:51 AM
Herb, no .. I am in America, but thanks anyways, As Bags comment, you know you are right, I am only on the second mission, I thought the tutorials were over but I guess I need to do more. I will come back once I am done with the cmapaign and see if I improve. So it is possible to handle multiple attackers ?

UbiJurassic
04-05-2017, 12:56 AM
You're playstyle against multiple heroes will depend on what type of class you play as. Some classes, like vanguard and heavy, have moves that are highly effective in dealing with multiple enemies. Assassins and, in most cases, the hybrids are better suited dealing with a singular opponent. Is there a particular class or hero you're enjoying more than others?

B4gs4Days
04-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Yes, my friend, there is an advanced tutorial, also watch the videos, both regular and advanced. Will deffinately show you things you didnt know.

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Block and build revenge. GG

Varakharne
04-05-2017, 01:21 AM
You're playstyle against multiple heroes will depend on what type of class you play as. Some classes, like vanguard and heavy, have moves that are highly effective in dealing with multiple enemies. Assassins and, in most cases, the hybrids are better suited dealing with a singular opponent. Is there a particular class or hero you're enjoying more than others?

Yes I play the two hander Viking guy, Couldnt tell you what he is called though lol. I will take everyones tips into my next battle, sadly I am not at home right now but when I do get home... BOTS WILL DIE!!! Thansk to everyone for your time :)

Dekallis
04-05-2017, 01:23 AM
Vs multiple heroes: MOVE. Many people have the habit of standing basically still facing one enemy and thus losing track of what the others are doing. Move around retarget, or break lock and reposition if you need to. DO NOT focus one guy. they'll just revive him even if you do manage to bring him down. it's often better to whittle down your opponents so they don't have enough health to safely attempt any revives or throw people off ledges

Fenrirwolf24
04-05-2017, 01:27 AM
Im guessimg your talkimg about Berserker. So you mainly wanna dodge the best you can and keep moving. Throw a few attacks in when you can. Then when you get revenge pop it when they attack you and it will knock them down then just target the weakest one.

pure_energist
04-05-2017, 01:49 AM
Just picked it up 2 hours ago, and so far I can tell I am going to like it a lot. However being new means grabbing your ankles HARD! For instance I cant figure out how to handle a battle if more then one hero attacks me. I get combat one on one but when two join I am pretty much gonna have a die. Am I suppose to stay and fight like this or do you run ? Running seems lame as I will just end up having to fight more then one hero again. Keep in mind I am playing against the bots on easy FFS .. Any tips on handling multiple heroes ( not the weak fodder ones ).

If you block one enemy attack it will also auto block a 2nd enemy attacking at the exact same time with that in mind also be Aware that attack Icons will show up even if that attack is not close enough to connect to you..Try to look at which attack is the closest attack and block that direction. Blocking the correct attack direction auto blocks for all other incoming ones. Try focusing mostly on one enemy.. most gankers will probably be throwing mostly Heavies trying to get the finishing execution meaning they are open to easy parries. . If you're back is to the gankers you are safe from GB's; otherwise be very wary of GB attempts and tech as much as possible. While focusing on 1 opponent try to move the fight away from the gankers to decrease GB attempts... When your ganked the opponent you've decided to focus down most likely will not be playing his 1v1 game and also throwing heavies that can be parried or attempting GB's... . There are classes with optimum move set's for disabling you allowing free hits... Therefore, when ganked focus down those classes first.....OR pay special attention and dodge their special attacks.. LawBringer will Pancake flip you, Valkryie will sweep you, Shugi will hug you..

FledgeSRondo
04-05-2017, 06:14 AM
If you're locked onto one enemy and there's another enemy to your left, changing your stance to the left allows you to block and parry any incoming attacks from that enemy on your left without having to lock onto them (except for guardbreaks, which you can still guardbreak interrupt). Same thing applies if there's an enemy to the right, just stay locked on to the enemy in front of you but change your stance to the right to block or parry any attacks coming from that side. You have to be careful, though, because the guy you're locked onto in front of you might try to attack from other directions as well. You will have to constantly switch your stance to block attacks from whatever side the peripheral enemy is on and whatever direction your locked on opponents attacks are coming from.

Also, it isn't possible to block attacks that come from directly behind you, unless you tap the locking button to quickly switch your lock on to the enemy behind you and then block their incoming attack. In this sense it's advisable to maneuver yourself so you can see both opponents at all times, otherwise the other one might be angling for potshots at your 6. If it's possible, you can guardbreak one enemy and throw him at the other, and then maneuver yourself so that you make a line using the one you're locked onto as an obstacle to block the other from attacking you directly while you focus on the one.

If you parry one enemy and the other enemy attacks you at the same moment, you will automatically parry both of them (which looks and feels really awesome).

Also, there's something called a Revenge meter in the bottom left of the screen. The more hits you take, block or parry the higher this Revenge meter goes, and it builds up even faster when you're being ganged up on by multiple opponents. When the meter hits maximum you can press a button to activate Revenge mode, where you will have increased attack power and defense for a limited amount of time, and all guardbreak throws will cause your opponents to fall down to the ground giving you a free top heavy attack for maximum damage. If your opponents attack you right at the moment you activate Revenge mode, they will be thrown to the ground for free hits, so try waiting for the right moment to activate it.

You can also escape, or keep the opponents at bay by keeping your distance or using environmental obstacles to separate you until help arrives (you can messages teammates requesting help in the chat menu).

That's all I can think of, good luck on the battlefield!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Block and build revenge. GG

No.

Next patch makes revenge gear ALOT less OP

Thank god

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 07:07 AM
No.

Next patch makes revenge gear ALOT less OP

Thank god

Yes we'll see to what degree though. I'm thinking they'll restrict it so it's much harder to get in 1v1s, but if multiple people are banging on you, I'm sure you'll still get it quite easily. But we'll see how far they take the nerf.