PDA

View Full Version : Lights Should Not Interrupt a Shield Bash

KotoKuraken
04-05-2017, 12:01 AM
As the title says, a light attack should not be able to bypass a large charging shield, specifically on Conqueror.

Now, there may be some argument that it is for balance. However, I do not think this is the case. Valkyrie is able to block incoming attacks while doing her shield bash with her tiny buckler, yet a Conqueror going from all-block to shield charge with a large kite shield is not. Not only is this inconsistent, but he also has far fewer options than her, so this would help bring him up to speed.

Edit: For the toxic members of the community trying to tell me to "learn the game" or "conqueror is OP", I am not a Conq main. I play Warlord and Warden. I simply want to find actual balance in the game. If you want to complain about how "OP" Conqueror's easily dodged bash is, at least offer ideas or feedback that can improve his mixup so people don't have to rely on shield bash spam. In all honestly, it's a boring and easy mixup to face

Bob__Gnarly
04-05-2017, 01:39 AM
Conqs have been top tier simply because of their shield bash spam and you want to make it even stronger. Ha!

Netcode_err_404
04-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Ok, but then you will increase the recovery frame after the bash, so if i dodge you, i can punish you with a GB,

Still can't understand why all these spam classes can be immune to punishment ( except dodge attack) and the LB needs to be punished every time he tries that ultra slow long arm.

KotoKuraken
04-05-2017, 04:25 AM
You guys do realize I am not a Conqueror main. I play Warlord and Warden. Conqueror is easily side stepped in his shield bash mixup, and he doesn't have much going for him, so I either block his lights, wait for the heavy charge, or side step the bash. Do you realize how utterly boring it is to play against someone who has no mixups?

Please, offer some actual feedback and suggestions. This section of the forums is not a saltbucket for McD's fries

DrExtrem
04-05-2017, 06:21 AM
You guys do realize I am not a Conqueror main. I play Warlord and Warden. Conqueror is easily side stepped in his shield bash mixup, and he doesn't have much going for him, so I either block his lights, wait for the heavy charge, or side step the bash. Do you realize how utterly boring it is to play against someone who has no mixups?

Please, offer some actual feedback and suggestions. This section of the forums is not a saltbucket for McD's fries

If so, the change you proposed is unnecessary. If you can "easily side step" the bash and punish it, changing is not needed.

KotoKuraken
04-05-2017, 06:37 AM
If so, the change you proposed is unnecessary. If you can "easily side step" the bash and punish it, changing is not needed.

The thing is, right now his bash is extremely punishable. Dodging is an easy way to avoid it, yes, but some characters will just light spam the crap out of it. I know especially as a Warden, it is incredibly easy for me to accidentally attack instead of dodge his bash, but I'm saved because of my mistake. That means the Conqueror is now being punished for correctly using his class, and I am rewarded for going absolutely berserk with a class that is supposed to be more tactile.

Another aspect is his viability with ranged characters. He has severely limited range, and a shield charge is easily stopped by a long-armed light attack before they can get in close. With even his light attacks that can easily be parried by these classes and no real way to push closer, you have now created a turtle. You have forced the Conqueror to abandon his class's combos and now has no other viable strategy than to wait for you to attack.

As far as downsides for his bash; yes, I do believe having a longer recovery time on missed bashes is a good idea to go with this, because then he would get punished for people that dodge the uninterruptible bash

DrExtrem
04-05-2017, 08:00 AM
I play warden as well.

If the conqueror uses shield bash on an enemy, that is vigorously spamming light attacks, he should be punished. Block --> light counter attack or a shield bash from the side - that needs timing but can be done, after the second top light from the warden, when he is recovering.