PDA

View Full Version : Looking For An Emblem Artist

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Hey there everyone. So I'm no artist, and I have a hard time making original designs on the Emblem Editor ingame, but I have a vision of what I'd like to see on there, and it's getting frustrating to me trying. So I thought I'd see if someone on here with more of an eye for such things might help me out.

I regularly play with a team of fellow Marylanders, and we use the same emblem when teaming together and are hoping to have one that's more appropriate than the random design we're currently using.

Ideally, I am hoping to get a design of a crab overtop of a yellow and black background (either checkerboard of two-tone with a horizontal divide).

Failing that, I would love to be able to fly something akin to the Maryland flag (seen here: http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst032.gif)

Anyone want to help me out with this? Feel free to reply here or just private message me.

And thanks in advance!

Pope138
04-04-2017, 05:34 PM
I'll be watching this thread as there is an emblem I can't replicate and could use help on.
Best of luck, op. Cool idea for an emblem.

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 07:53 PM
I don't hold out a lot of hope, but figured it was worth a shot.
Thanks for the bump though :)

Xynrex
04-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Best emblems are crusader emblems.

Deus vult.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Hmm. It is too complex for the shapes available. You have a few distorted backgrounds and the possibility to use cross shapes, but nothing would come to closely match this design.
Even with the right background, you would need too many forms to create it :/

Besides - i love designing emblems too. But they are often displayed very small. So after trying some intricate ones, in the end, i stuck to something extremely simple.

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 08:34 PM
I thought I could make something that looks enough like a crab to be recognizable in miniature, but all my efforts so far have led to what looks mostly like a blob. In macro is looks kind of crablike, cobbled together from 5 different symbols, but not quite good enough.

The Maryland flag I didn't think could be done with the options available, but figured there are people way better with design than I am who might be able to figure something out.

I'll still hope someone has a stroke of genius on the crab end, but I'm not holding my breath lol. Might just have to wait until they add a crab to the list of emblem symbols outright. They added a new crab ornament last update, so maybe....

Karma_Ghost
04-04-2017, 10:59 PM
This is as crab like as I could get. One of the Samurai emblems (UBI club I think) has a crab on it, but it's kind of small even at full size.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/155779745311916936/D6CC5FEAC165CD1C26E7626CC2CA40310AA887AE/