PDA

View Full Version : Your Honor does NOT matter: Production of Snowflake Salt

Prior_Heahmund
04-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Okay. My code of honor is different. I see no honor in letting a team mate die when you could have helped them. So asking for penalties because you lost in a way you did not like is unreasonable. I play to win, not to give you "good feels." If you get ledged, perhaps you should practice better situational awareness to not expose yourself. If they revenged you, you might want to learn how to disengage, or parry. Additionally, part of my game play is "snowflake salt". When that first bit of anger comes out that person becomes my target, and I will spam, and poke, and push them into a frothing rage. Then instead of making decisions based on what the match needs, they make decisions based on their feelings. Either way I have a huge advantage, as does my team.

I have been known to take a beating, only to pop revenge at the last second in a 1v1 situation. It is a tactical decision both for the sake of the match, and to irritate my opponent. This method of getting into their head is just another feint, or parry. Never underestimate the psychological part of this game. I have ledged people and when they rage I have told them that flapping their arms on the way down might help. The same idiot comes with a friend, I revenge and kill, then poke a bit more. So I get 25 to 50 percent of the team focusing on me and not on the other 75% of my team..

In short if, you take this game to seriously people like me (who played video games in the 80's when it was all death and no snowflake "good feels" mode) we will hurt your self esteem, and get in your head, and enjoy every minute of it.

Fenrirwolf24
04-03-2017, 10:34 PM
The way i see it in 4v4s anything goes but i do wish they would get rid of feats in elimination. Its really unfair to have someone use their feats at the start of the round. As for 2v2 i like to try and keep a fair 1v1 fight and not throw people off. But if its gonna go to a 2v1 so be it. Now 1v1s i cant stand people who only go for the throw. Its one thing for someone to be near the ledge so you go for the throw but when thats all you do it just shows how bad you really are.

darksavior1977
04-03-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't understand why people expect 4v4 matches to be solo duels? Isn't it self explanatory?

Prior_Heahmund
04-04-2017, 12:12 AM
The way i see it in 4v4s anything goes but i do wish they would get rid of feats in elimination. Its really unfair to have someone use their feats at the start of the round. As for 2v2 i like to try and keep a fair 1v1 fight and not throw people off. But if its gonna go to a 2v1 so be it. Now 1v1s i cant stand people who only go for the throw. Its one thing for someone to be near the ledge so you go for the throw but when thats all you do it just shows how bad you really are.

You're only bad if it does not work.

Yarzahn
04-04-2017, 12:34 AM
If you get ledged, perhaps you should practice better situational awareness to not expose yourself

I agree with everything, except with this part in a few maps. Namely the maps "Overwatch" (mainly point C although point A is a PITA too) and the Shard.
No amount of situational awareness is going to help you in overwatch point C with FOUR PITS in it, when you are fighting a character like the Warlord (who apparently is picked in every single dominion match), with his directional carry-->throw. Either you make a flawless victory, or the first mistake you make means the pit for you.

Environmental advantage should be more restricted:
1) Walls (obviously, some characters have the tools to nail you to a wall, and that's fine).
2) Damage dealing environmental hazards, like the geysers in the cathedral and the bonfires in several maps.
3) A FEW i ledges and insta-kill spikes. Not a bloody map-full of them, and not on TWO TO FOUR SIDES of a capture point. Maps like citadel gateand overwatch have a good amount of ledges/pits.
Maps like overwatch are just cheese-throw fests, a game of who can land a guardbreak first (although warlord can play this game safely from a long distance from the ledge).

Alchemist-21-
04-04-2017, 12:38 AM
I have ledged people and when they rage I have told them that flapping their arms on the way down might help.

Best thing I've read all day. lmao