PDA

View Full Version : Im sick of the gimmicks and i blame the devs

SplugeKing
04-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Shugoki 1 shot, Valkyrie sweep and shield bash, warlord headbutt, Warden vortex, conq constant shield bash, LB poke n flip, Bleed. The list goes on, and it is no ones fault but the dev team. Every character has 1 or two viable moves, so why wouldn't we keep doing them to win. The lack of creativity and unbalance in this game has made it very stale for me in 2 months. But i suppose that's no longer than any other game, although this game had the biggest potential of any game ive played in probably my entire gaming experience (at least for me).

m3gas_
04-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Weeeell... care to share with us what DO you want from this game then?! Lazers shooting from the eyes, Geralt of Rivia style of combat, Mortal Kombat combo chains?... If so you have bought the wrong game to begin with, my friend... As a game trying to bring us mostly "realistic" combat, I'd say For Honor has some pretty creative things in it... And no, there is no character having only one or two viable moves - it's only that they see that YOU fall for them and use it. I know I'd punish someone falling for my 2 "viable" moves everytime lol...

SplugeKing
04-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Weeeell... care to share with us what DO you want from this game then?! Lazers shooting from the eyes, Geralt of Rivia style of combat, Mortal Kombat combo chains?... If so you have bought the wrong game to begin with, my friend... As a game trying to bring us mostly "realistic" combat, I'd say For Honor has some pretty creative things in it... And no, there is no character having only one or two viable moves - it's only that they see that YOU fall for them and use it. I know I'd punish someone falling for my 2 "viable" moves everytime lol...

No i want the shugoki to not be able to kill me with one move, the valkyrie to not be able to sweep constantly... get the point. If their goal was to make a realistic fighting game then someone irl would not be able to knock you off your feet swinging a pole. The conq has basically one move thats why you see it every time you face him, sure he can charge up his swing and do other things but he still has basically two or three moves. How often when fighting a valkyrie do they not at least try to knock you off your feet. Every single time and usually more than once

SplugeKing
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
They could've been 10 times more creative with every single character while still being true to the core concept of the game. I mean give it a thought i can come up with different REALISTIC moves for every character in minutes. Not that hard

SplugeKing
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Plus it would help breaking the defensive meta

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Well you could dodge.

Herbstlicht
04-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Well you could dodge.

Well, you can. But have you tried it in an Dominion match on console?
Between "can" and being able to reliably so it, there are worlds.

And the op is completely right: people playing with a very narrow set of tools only makes fighting less realistic and less fun at the same time.
Dunno though if you can blame the devs. I mean the overall toolset is fantastic. But outside a zero latency testing enviroment, some things are incredibly difficult to deal with. Moreso for a few characters like .. oh well, say all that aren't top 5.

So to "shut people up", to really make it so one can more easily react to some things, there will be needed more then just a tweak in some powers.
Timings, like when do the indicators appear, how many frames does this move take, how likely or unlikely it will get negated in some way - and, important too: look platform specific.

SplugeKing
04-03-2017, 10:41 PM
What about when shugoki throws you against a wall then charges at you, besides don't act like you dont get caught

Fenrirwolf24
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
You can dodge all of those moves. The Shugoki one shot is annoying but if he misses it he's a one hit so just dodge it. You can easily dodge Valk spear sweep just dodge back. Wardens bash is the same way dodge it. Conquerors bash can be dodged but his is the worst. LB is probably the easiest to dodge other than Shugoki. Im glad that the characters dont have 15 million moves. It makes it easier to remeber all the moves when theres only 5. Plus theres many different combos you can do and feints. I will say they need to add a counter to the bash. Do it like they have it with the parry. Hit the guardbreak at the last second and it will cancel the bash.

darksavior1977
04-03-2017, 10:50 PM
I don't think I can more fully disagree with the OP. All of those things have counters, none are broken. People who cry about stuff that isn't broken, but instead is a reflection of their lack of understanding or ability is A) how the wrong stuff gets nerfed or changed B) part of why it takes so damn long to identify what really is in need of changing or fixing in the game. Quit trying to win the game on the forums, I swear PVP games attract the biggest crybabies.

Bob__Gnarly
04-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Sounds like this game isn't for you OP.

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Well, you can. But have you tried it in an Dominion match on console?
Between "can" and being able to reliably so it, there are worlds.

And the op is completely right: people playing with a very narrow set of tools only makes fighting less realistic and less fun at the same time.
Dunno though if you can blame the devs. I mean the overall toolset is fantastic. But outside a zero latency testing enviroment, some things are incredibly difficult to deal with. Moreso for a few characters like .. oh well, say all that aren't top 5.

So to "shut people up", to really make it so one can more easily react to some things, there will be needed more then just a tweak in some powers.
Timings, like when do the indicators appear, how many frames does this move take, how likely or unlikely it will get negated in some way - and, important too: look platform specific.

I play console. Can dodge most stuff just fine. People tend to make alot of excuses.