PDA

View Full Version : El Pulpo video tutorial.

peves
04-03-2017, 05:42 AM
A lot of people have been having trouble with the El Pulpo mission, so I have put a video together to help you guys. I personally just called up a friend to help me when I first did the mission and it went smooth. I have since been able to do the mission solo as well, but I advise just bringing a friend with you on the mission, it will make your life easier. That is what I did in this case as well. It goes a lot smoother with a partner or two or three. If you do solo it don't forget you can call in rebels to help you as well.

The gunner should be shooting every enemy that comes into sight, and the driver should be bashing enemy cars and running over enemies to help keep them from shooting El Pulpo. Having your Car Durability maxed is a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxcEZM0Zdc&t=2s

BaronO1
04-03-2017, 09:35 AM
This video showed a weird take on El Pulpo's mission. For example, there were no road-blocks near petrol station at city outskirts where in my mission the road was blocked by 2 SA SUVs. There were also no driving patrol cars spawning. Was this a lower difficulty setting game?

I was able to do this mission in several ways but best one was to ask rebels for vehicle drop, pick armored truck. Drive the truck right in front of El Pulpo's house, park it there and jump into jeep parked there. Drive the jeep just a few meters away, jump out of car and get into Humvee waiting there. Shooting is absolutely not necessary, just rum any cars in El Pulpo's way or those coming from behind. Armored truck will ensure that El Pulpo get to airport in one piece and does not have to switch cars along the way (which is main cause of his deaths).

Ubi-Iudex
04-04-2017, 12:13 AM
This is great! Thanks for sharing your tutorial with the community, pevesUndefeated. I'm going to move this on over to it's home in our Strategy and Tactics forum.

NLxAROSA
04-13-2017, 07:01 PM
This video showed a weird take on El Pulpo's mission. For example, there were no road-blocks near petrol station at city outskirts where in my mission the road was blocked by 2 SA SUVs. There were also no driving patrol cars spawning. Was this a lower difficulty setting game?

It's not Extreme (his minimap shows heatmaps for enemies, that's not the case on Extreme). That said, for me this mission was pretty much similar on Extreme, though I did it at night. I had Vehicle Shield maxxed as well as Team Leader (increased team efficiency) and Vehicle Damage. Just stay close to Pulpo (not too close though) and make sure the AI stays on Assault. Because of the team AI's aggressiveness they will draw more aggro than Pulpo, thus drawing fire away from him.