View Full Version : Nobushi 100% Win Strategy

lDelicious
04-02-2017, 07:43 PM
1) In round 1, attack attack attack!
2) Get salty after being parried continually
3) Stop attacking
4) Continue to block and go for the occasional parry
5) Keep blocking

Result: The enemy either loses in the long term or rage quits...
This strategy is just simply...DELICIOUS

Moondyne_MC
04-03-2017, 01:55 AM
Lol, okay..?

If you're good enough to block all light spam and feints from fast character as a Nobushi, then I tip my hat to you. As a Nobushi main, our slow guard change makes me wish I could block/parry like that.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 02:04 AM
About the one good thing in the pk rage thread earlier was that someone posted a youtube video that proved the whole guard stance thing is a myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSWm4YIPd1U

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 02:46 AM
Ok, so most of it is just me failing to block correctly for the most part. As with others. Good evidence. Knowledge is power as they say. So really again (for the most part) guard speed is the same.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 03:00 AM
Unless guard switch is spammed in the case of heavier characters. And in fairness, 30 frame rate, reactions are harder than pc which that was shown on, but guard switch is the same all in all..

cha_cha_cha-2.0
04-03-2017, 03:09 AM
lol, guard switch the same all in all... Have you even played the game? That video proves nothing. The guy just switches stances. Pls, Pick conqueror and actually block your opponent's attacks. Try him a few games. Then Switch to Nobushi or Lawbringer. Try the same thing.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 03:13 AM
lol, guard switch the same all in all... Have you even played the game? That video proves nothing. The guy just switches stances. Pls, Pick conqueror and actually block your opponent's attacks. Try him a few games. Then Switch to Nobushi or Lawbringer. Try the same thing.

Yes, as the nobushi come to that. Did you miss the part where he gave in game examples? Such as the nobushi blocking a peacekeeper? Or did you decide not to watch it all?

escacleo
04-03-2017, 04:20 AM
PC Keyboard. What about console deadzones? How much delay does that add when I'm slamming the stick around ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 04:28 AM
PC Keyboard. What about console deadzones? How much delay does that add when I'm slamming the stick around ;)

I don't know, I didn't do the vid and yeah frame rate and dead zones are things, it is just that people demanding an increase in change speed are asking for something they already have.

TCTF_SWAT
04-03-2017, 04:38 AM
Well noone really knew until it was shown. I mean I had an idea. but couldn't prove anything.

escacleo
04-03-2017, 04:43 AM
I think block speeds are fine. I know I f'd up when I get spammed left right top and I'm failing but sometimes I feel as if I shouldn't need to push the stick all the way in a direction before it changes block direction. Not sure if fixing the dead zone would fix my failings entirely but dodging seems to work better than blocking for me.

lDelicious
04-03-2017, 08:10 AM
About the one good thing in the pk rage thread earlier was that someone posted a youtube video that proved the whole guard stance thing is a myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSWm4YIPd1U

Read the comments of that video and you will see people debunking it...the guy didn't even show the bug LOL

When you feint and THEN try to switch guard, it has a delay. That means if you are trying to parry someone who has very fast attacks, more than likely you will be caught out more by their feint attacks.

chiller2k3
04-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Read the comments of that video and you will see people debunking it...the guy didn't even show the bug LOL

When you feint and THEN try to switch guard, it has a delay. That means if you are trying to parry someone who has very fast attacks, more than likely you will be caught out more by their feint attacks.

It's like people say PK is overpowered because of the flickering bug. Yet it is not to nerf PK, it's to fix the damn bug!!

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 12:57 PM

Like I said over in suggestions, I'm not usually that sloppy, apologies. First rule of holes being stop digging and all.

Herbstlicht
04-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Honestly, this thread feels somewhat stupid. But i answer anyway. There is no 100% win for anyone. As the video proved, espacially Nobushi DOES have a slower guard change what makes performing some blocks more difficult. Besides, Nobushi can get parried easily as well. I mean honestly, what on this character is over the top? The fun factor? Deal with. But balance wise? So many chars have faster moves and/or a better defence, Valkyrie has frame advantages on almost everything she does for example. So don't get some myth's running.