PDA

View Full Version : Shoguki: Oni Charge

Steak0815
04-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I had to play against several players in 1on1, that only relied on Oni Charge the whole match.
I play Lawbringer and tried several tactics against it:

Roll away
Dodge away
Heavy attack

Roll away
Fight will be resetted, Shoguki starts running again and it becomes an infinite loop of me rolling away from his Oni Charges until I mess up and get hit. Then he starts running again...

Dodge away
It's not very reliable and offers no counter option as the Shoguki will cancel his charge in time to be ready to defend, it's also risky because if he doesn't charge but goes for a gb I will take dmg.

Heavy attack
It might hit if timed right, but in most cases I will still get knocked down. It becomes a trade, but unfortunatly not in my favor as Shoguki not only has more life.

I am currently running out of ideas on how to play against this cheese tactic.
It might be unbalanced to not be able to punish a Shoguki for a very readable tactic and my first tought would be to remove the hyper armor when a Shoguki starts sprinting.
All charges except Shogukis are punishable if they miss.
Lawbringers only needs to be blocked to be punished (75% stam gone)...
So why is Shogukis not punishable?

Knight_Gregor
04-01-2017, 03:21 PM
The Shugoki is the ultimate disabler during a teamfight.

I wish I had advice for you. I've been trying out different things, to no avail, as well. Hopefully it will be addressed in a future stream.

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 03:25 PM
You think it is bad in a team fight? (And it is, I have seen them doing nothing but knocking opponents over while others get frees on them) Try facing one in the tower ruin.

Swolen8
04-01-2017, 03:57 PM
It's a brain dead move, and he can just keep spamming it. But the LBs impaling charge will automatically dodge it and stab him as he passes by if timed correctly. Would still take forever to kill a shugoki like this, but usually after the second one, they stop. Plus it takes half their stam to use, so be aggressive after 2 of them.

Simi_Xiamara_
04-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Charge should take all of their stamina....that fat fk shouldn't even be running with that weight and club

Danioku
04-01-2017, 04:16 PM
I had to play against several players in 1on1, that only relied on Oni Charge the whole match.
I play Lawbringer and tried several tactics against it:

Roll away
Dodge away
Heavy attack

Roll away
Fight will be resetted, Shoguki starts running again and it becomes an infinite loop of me rolling away from his Oni Charges until I mess up and get hit. Then he starts running again...

Dodge away
It's not very reliable and offers no counter option as the Shoguki will cancel his charge in time to be ready to defend, it's also risky because if he doesn't charge but goes for a gb I will take dmg.

Heavy attack
It might hit if timed right, but in most cases I will still get knocked down. It becomes a trade, but unfortunatly not in my favor as Shoguki not only has more life.

I am currently running out of ideas on how to play against this cheese tactic.
It might be unbalanced to not be able to punish a Shoguki for a very readable tactic and my first tought would be to remove the hyper armor when a Shoguki starts sprinting.
All charges except Shogukis are punishable if they miss.
Lawbringers only needs to be blocked to be punished (75% stam gone)...
So why is Shogukis not punishable?

Imo it's another of those unbalanced moves that Ubisoft should address, at least make it a little risky to use cause atm it's low to no risk and can be abused forever.

Just watched some SyperPK playing him that way in tourneys and none can beat him not even the best players with PK, conq or WL.

Atm, to me, that cheese seems very unbalanced.

SangLong524
04-01-2017, 05:55 PM
I once managed to guard broke a charging shugoki. Maybe if u time it right, u can GB shugoki off his Oni charge unharmed.
I hope someone else can confirm this though.

Rahnzan
04-02-2017, 04:17 PM
You're playing like an Orochi and you want to know why you're having problems?

Here's a clue; Lawbringer doesn't have a rifle, he has a halberd. Dont like his big scary slow telegraphed attacks? Learn to Parry. Dont like his one guard break option? Learn to CGB.

If you're going to continue to duel like a coward at 10 paces, Impaling Charge has priority, does the equivelant of a free light hit while they're armored and rips that armor off letting you punish.

How hard is it to Shove GB on a reset? The only combination on a Shugoki thats fast enough to outpace you is Light into Headbutt and thats if they attack first. Most bad Goki are going to tank your first hit instead of parry because they think you're going to trade.