PDA

View Full Version : Balancing news from warriors den. Your thoughts

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 06:56 PM
IMO fantastic news. PK side dodge attack is getting nerfed along with her zone attack, and they mentioned something about being able to see her attacks earlier.

Warlord headbutt spam costs more stamina and can be dodged easier. Full block stance got nerfed. Im main warlord and i am so glad his headbutt is nerfed, nothing more annoying than playing a headbutt spamming warlord, now they can nerf the conq, warden Valkyrie and lawbringer same... they are all equally as frustrating.

The lawbringer actually got buffed in A LOT of categories. I really hope his flip is getting nerfed that is probably most annoying out of all.

Kensei, zerker and one other are getting buffs

If i forgot to add anything please add. They are saving topics like faction war for later

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-31-2017, 07:12 PM
I main LB and this is music to my ears, however what would they nerf about the LB's shove? It's slow and has no guaranteed damage, only this it has going for it is hyper armor. I believe the warlord head butt was nerfed because it's fast and had guaranteed damage.

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 07:12 PM
Now that i think about it im a little disappointed they didn't make changes (ie. more stamina cost maybe) to all the other unblockable spams; warden, valk, conq, law bringer.

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 07:14 PM
I main LB and this is music to my ears, however what would they nerf about the LB's shove? It's slow and has no guaranteed damage, only this it has going for it is hyper armor. I believe the warlord head butt was nerfed because it's fast and had guaranteed damage.

I meant the lawbringers flip over it can basically be done over and over

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-31-2017, 07:21 PM
In group fights it can be a problem with slower characters, however in a 1v1 it is too slow to be viable, and if dodged grants a free GB. Maybe a 100 MS extra delay until you can do another one would balance it out

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 07:36 PM
They also mentioned the nobushi hidden stance having a wider angle that will activate it as it was narrower than the allblock stance moves and that assassins as of the patch will not be able to prevent falling over when guardbroken out of stamina.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-31-2017, 07:38 PM
assassins as of the patch will not be able to prevent falling over when guardbroken out of stamina.

Thank the baby jesus, this is a good time.

Mr_Gallows
03-31-2017, 07:39 PM
The LB buff was good and maybe too good - but we'll see.

They did mention parry and that it was too strong, which is good.

Other than that it was just number fiddling and they need core changes to save this game - to actually make "the art of battle" the primary component of combat.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 07:44 PM
They are halfing revenge boosts in the next patch, further down the road they are looking at speed that it is gained and he said maybe looking at revenge 1v1.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 07:51 PM
Some nerfs on peacekeeper as mentioned in first post, the indicator for zone comes earlier because it was coming too late making it seem faster than it was, it is treated as a light attack so a block makes it punishable, damage on side dodge attack down as it was doing 25/30% damage in fights, riposte stab gets a slight buff in damage because it was not being used due to not enough reward. They hinted maybe looking at the light light chain down the line but they are mindful that the valkyrie got the nerfhammer harder than they meant so they are doing things step by step.

Lawbringer buffs but I have nowhere near enough experience with him to know how they will affect things. Berserker will get slight buffs, they are taking that carefully for same reason as peacekeeper and valkyrie the other way.

Elimination mode boosts will spawn 20 seconds after the round starts and will take another second to gain. One thing I did notice was that someof the questions were word for word what was posted on these forums, so reps are reading and passing on.

Raider and orochi not touched on the next patch but apparently their time will come so they are being looked at.

Next Warrior's Den is next thursday, they mentioned early on doing it later in the week as updates tend to get done around that time so sometimes thursday sometimes friday.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 08:21 PM
As someone who used to main pk I'd like to see what they intend to do with the light attack chain and in how spam might be dealt with. The patch benefits the way I used to play her slightly as riposte strike is a part of my common mixup (took great satisfaction in deflecting an orochi storm rush last time I pulled her out against an assassin user, finished the round with bleed from that too), the side dashes not though apparently they were enough part of others' to get that attention. She is meant to be fast, she is meant to be using lights, so I suspect they are not intending to bring her speed down too much, I am hoping they look at the chain, about recovery from ending mid chain so they cannot just get the quick first light attack over and over, the spam is why I moved on to other characters. I don't think they mentioned the glitch specifically, the zone nerfs make sense to me but the overall speed isn't coming down, it is meant to be an initiator (their words), the time we see it coming is increasing which may well have the same affect in slightly more time to react as reducing speed would have.

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 09:27 PM
They are halfing revenge boosts in the next patch, further down the road they are looking at speed that it is gained and he said maybe looking at revenge 1v1.

I'm a little worried about nerfing revenge too to be honest. It atleast gave you a chance in 2v1 and even 3v1 if the situation was right. But it seemed like they basically cut everything in half. However, I do like how they scaled back revenge gain by injury

eliteslayer66
03-31-2017, 09:37 PM
I was very disappointed that the guard stance speed wasn't changed on law. That was the biggest issue for me.

Overall the changes to his parry followups were very welcome, though i still don't see how he is going to play competitively when he still can't open people up very well.
I can see how he is going to be a monster against new players.

I am ecstatic that they addressed it and gave us some info though.

Guess im still going to have to sit there and let PK button mash me to death.

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2017, 09:48 PM
That tends to be the thing, a lot of characters are absolute newbie slayers, but you can't really fix that because it would make them worse in high level play. The problem also is people get into bad habits, with most characters those bad habits naturally cost you later on in the game, even the nobushi's light spam will cost her when people can deal with it, peacekeepers get to keep their bad habits because they are difficult to deal with and then people are justifiably annoyed over the glitch that comes with it. Personally I think all the 'tech' glitches need dealing with, I am pleased they said raiders are on their radar.

In terms of guard speed, I think assassins need to be quicker but maybe the gap needs to be closer, the main reason spam needs to be dealt with is that with the toss and the guardbreak capability, lawbringers have tools to put the peacekeeper at their distance (as do the likes of wardens, conquerors et al) but they don't have the ability to use them through the spam. At the same time I am very conscious that I do not suffer the lawbringer problems and that the character doesn't appeal to me so likely I never will so I am hardly the best authority on it.

Netcode_err_404
03-31-2017, 10:46 PM
My thought is the following:

Nerfing and buffing classes before addressing the defensive meta issue IS a mistake, a huge mistake.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 11:03 PM
So ...

Am I the only one realising the only thing they haven't made less attractive for PKs to do is Light Attack Spam?

I mean wasn't that the worst thing?

Apparently it's the only thing they didn't need to change ... and the best two alternatives have been nerfed.

Well that isn't going to lead to more light attack spam at all then, now is it ... :rolleyes:

eliteslayer66
04-01-2017, 12:53 AM
So ...

Am I the only one realising the only thing they haven't made less attractive for PKs to do is Light Attack Spam?

I mean wasn't that the worst thing?

Apparently it's the only thing they didn't need to change ... and the best two alternatives have been nerfed.

Well that isn't going to lead to more light attack spam at all then, now is it ... :rolleyes:

And with Law STILL not getting an increase to guard change speed, he will still be highly susceptible to feints and spam everytime.

MetalDevil19
04-01-2017, 12:57 AM
best news ive heard in a while.

Epoqx
04-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Do we know the Kensei buffs ?

Reading this warms up my heart !

sssnake154
04-01-2017, 01:36 AM
Nice news, to be honest. Hope devs will look at poor rider soon.
Revenge nerf seems like a moot point to me. Well, it sucks to get rekt by someone who just amassed it, but what about gang scenarios? Even revenge cant help with it sometimes.
Also, I've heard about gear nerf in general. Is it true? Because if so, I'm confused - some of the stats look pretty useless right now.

UbiJurassic
04-01-2017, 01:56 AM
Glad to hear you all enjoyed today's news!

Aarpian
04-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Lawbringer changes bring a bit of consistency to his kit and potency at low level, but he will still be garbage at competitive play. Unfortunately this will only reinforce the whole staring contest playstyle, because his parries are even more rewarding.

PK changes might be good, might not be. I'm still not happy with 17 damage lights and 33 damage heavies when you've got people like lawbringer sitting at 12 and 30, but I digress. It all depends on whether or not they fix that input flicker (which, if they do, I think might be the end of her competitively) and whether or not that zone attack will become unsafe on block or just staggered.

The meta will entirely change depending on what they do to parry though. If offence becomes required to do any damage, then PK will stay near the top and lawbringer will become godly due to his built-in parry follow-ups.

Capoupacap
04-01-2017, 08:53 AM
I'm a bit afraid about the conqueror being nerfed. The only thing that would be logical for me it the cost of shield bash on opponent stamina or the timing to avoid it especially if it's used as an opening (what should be dangerous normally). For me this character work as it was designed and I'm not sure he remain so strong against good player in duel.

Aarpian
04-01-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm a bit afraid about the conqueror being nerfed. The only thing that would be logical for me it the cost of shield bash on opponent stamina or the timing to avoid it especially if it's used as an opening (what should be dangerous normally). For me this character work as it was designed and I'm not sure he remain so strong against good player in duel.

I'm generally considered to be one of the better conq players, and he absolutely needs a nerf.
Shield bash spam is incredibly safe and boring for both the player and the opponent. On top of that his omniblock has some very weird properties (likely as a result of it being designed to act as a feint button) that allows him to bypass the most powerful tools of things like Warden and Warlord by cancelling recovery animations and letting him block followups for damage of his own. All of that combines to make him an infuriatingly difficult character to harm, but the low damage, speed and variability of his kit combined with huge stamina costs for trying to do anything interesting means he's very 1-dimensional.

I have no doubt they need to make changes (not necessarily to shield bash itself though) to make shield bash more of a niche tool rather than spammable off of dodges for almost no risk, but the rest of his kit needs bringing up to par.