PDA

View Full Version : If they are nerfing revenge, then they sure as **** need to nerf the catapult and

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 05:35 PM
the samurai bow and arrow. Prob a couple other feats can't think of right now too. No feat should take away half your health or more, or in the case of the ****ing catapult outright kill u unless u have a shield boost

suboptiml
03-31-2017, 06:11 PM
I think the superior option would be to give us alternative 4v4 modes with stats, feats and buffs all disabled. Then we get to experience the brilliance of the core fighting mechanics in 4v4 situations without having it completely undermined by catapults, arrow, firebombs, etc. Hell, even the passives destroy class balance.

And without gear stats on revenge, it would hopefully work as intended: As a bit of an equalizer when getting ganged. Not as a roid-rage supermode to knockdown and one/two-shot people.

The appeal of For Honor is the core fighting mechanics, which are brilliant imo. Feats, stats and buffs all serve to undermine that brilliance and turn the game into a shallow, ganky wannabe MOBA.

Sure it can make for ridiculous YouTube clips. But when a group fight in Dominon goes from a tense interplay of target-switching and timing attacks into a revenge one-shot competition or everyone getting wiped out by a feat AoE, does anyone come away thinking it was a satusfying test of skills decided by the best?

Specialkha
03-31-2017, 06:39 PM
Dunno. I fear that another 4v4 might split even more the community. They should nerf hard all damage feats (dunno about the Kunai, only deal 25 dmg) instead.

atac56
03-31-2017, 06:58 PM
an alternate mode of each game type with gear stats off would be great. easiest way to fix the gear stat/revenge and unbalanced matchmaking. I don't mind the perks because they add to the strategy and spice the gameplay up. at the end of the day perks are limited since the cooldowns are long, revenge and stat difference doesn't so those need to go

Auztinito
03-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Most,if not all feats can be dodged.

stickyfingergan
03-31-2017, 08:07 PM
Most,if not all feats can be dodged.
Exactly
Why don't we just nerf every single thing in this game heck don't even let us level up or get steel any more why don't we just all stay at level one and never progress and have everything that we want instead of work for it.
Sarcasm btw

Icetower
03-31-2017, 08:14 PM
The longbow feat is awesome. I disagree. Fun as heck.

Specialkha
03-31-2017, 08:16 PM
You do realize that there was a time when you had nothing at all to unlock in video game history?

We played video games just for the sake of it.

stickyfingergan
03-31-2017, 08:21 PM
You do realize that there was a time when you had nothing at all to unlock in video game history?

We played video games just for the sake of it.

So your telling me you don't get excited when you hit rep1 or 10 or however many because you earned it you would rather just be another warden or warlord ? When you finally saved up enough steel for that cool ornament you don't go YEEEEESSS!!
But I guess that's just me

Specialkha
03-31-2017, 08:37 PM
I take it because it is a bonus, BUT I play because I like the game/gameplay etc...

Today, they put things to unlock in video games to "hide" the emptiness of their game.

stickyfingergan
03-31-2017, 08:41 PM
i take it because it is a bonus, but i play because i like the game/gameplay etc...

Today, they put things to unlock in video games to "hide" the emptiness of their game.

agreed

xLeapingLizardx
03-31-2017, 08:46 PM
The feats can be annoying.
In elimination it is especially annoying because I am (95%) sure every round you feats regenerate. It happens so much where a round starts in elim and this Orochi that I am fighting throws kunai and hits me with an arrow before we even start fighting, so I am left to fight with around 30% health. Of course I know I just need to learn to dodge them I suppose but meh...

Then the catapult and what not are a little ridiculous too in my opinion. Especially because they are usually used at the end of a game (because that's how long it can take to earn them) to just wipe the rest of the team. Example would be like at the end of a skirmish or dominion, it's like "stand and fight!" BOOM insta killed all of you with a catapult...

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 09:14 PM
I think they just need more viable options for the abilities. As of right now, everyone uses catapult because it's clearly the most powerful ability you can get. But if they had more options that were equally powerful, people would use those as well.

Hillbill79
03-31-2017, 09:21 PM
The feats can be annoying.
In elimination it is especially annoying because I am (95%) sure every round you feats regenerate. It happens so much where a round starts in elim and this Orochi that I am fighting throws kunai and hits me with an arrow before we even start fighting, so I am left to fight with around 30% health. Of course I know I just need to learn to dodge them I suppose but meh...

Then the catapult and what not are a little ridiculous too in my opinion. Especially because they are usually used at the end of a game (because that's how long it can take to earn them) to just wipe the rest of the team. Example would be like at the end of a skirmish or dominion, it's like "stand and fight!" BOOM insta killed all of you with a catapult...

You have plenty of warning of the catapult strike, one roll takes you away from the main damage area, you have audio and visual signals... and still time to avoid most if not all of the damage... Sometimes the environment gets in the way, but only sometimes. Roll the right way, all's good.

Just to add, I main a zerker, so don't have access to it.

SendRickPics
03-31-2017, 09:21 PM
I think the superior option would be to give us alternative 4v4 modes with stats, feats and buffs all disabled. Then we get to experience the brilliance of the core fighting mechanics in 4v4 situations without having it completely undermined by catapults, arrow, firebombs, etc. Hell, even the passives destroy class balance.

So basically a game mode where everyone gang-bangs even harder and it is actually effective instead of countered by revenge builds. Got it.

You have no real understanding of why it is the way it is.

suboptiml
03-31-2017, 10:03 PM
So basically a game mode where everyone gang-bangs even harder and it is actually effective instead of countered by revenge builds. Got it.

You have no real understanding of why it is the way it is.

There's not much, if any room, for the ganging to be harder than it already is. It is constant.

Revenge should work as a a bit of an equalizer when you get into a 1v2. But what makes you think you should be able to win a 1v4 without insanely good play on your part and completely braindead play on the part of the four and some luck too? Not getting caught in a 1v4 is often a choice/skill. Learn it. Getting caught in a 1v4 should close to guarantee a death.

Revenge getting boosted by stats is clearly busted. Many of us now have fought in 1v1s within a 4v4 match where somebody, if not both, get revenge within a few hits. And the amount of damage they get is boosted in 1-2 shot range. It becomes a roidrage supermode and has nothing to do with giving someone caught in a 1v2 a fighting chance.

That's my understanding of the game. Considering the dev have announced they're nerfing revenge gain through stats, it appears my understanding is at least somewhat in line with theirs. Sucks to be your about-to-be-nerfed "understanding".

But that's why I proposed an alternative mode of 4v4s. You can keep your stat-boosted-revenge circle-jerk sessions and feel like you've played well when you one/two shot someone. And those of us who appreciate the core fighting mechanics can get the tactical play of 4v4 but also keep the focus on what makes the game actually great.

Camoprincess283
03-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Exactly
Why don't we just nerf every single thing in this game heck don't even let us level up or get steel any more why don't we just all stay at level one and never progress and have everything that we want instead of work for it.
Sarcasm btw

I'd like to add that they should take away all of our weapons and give us BB guns. Oh and take our armor too because armor is OP. I mean there has to be a way to make every single person happy right? /sarcasm.

Sekiro...
03-31-2017, 11:23 PM
CATAPULT can wipe a entire team... its so nonsense.

I only see two solutions:
Remove Catapult or give Catapult for all characters

coz,even if u like Catapult u need to agree that only few warriors have this is very unfair.

xLeapingLizardx
03-31-2017, 11:29 PM
You have plenty of warning of the catapult strike, one roll takes you away from the main damage area, you have audio and visual signals... and still time to avoid most if not all of the damage... Sometimes the environment gets in the way, but only sometimes. Roll the right way, all's good.

Just to add, I main a zerker, so don't have access to it.
Yeah I understand that... But when it's something like dominion and the losing team is breaking so they maybe all try to group up to have a fighting chance, 3 of the winning team go in and start fighting the 4. The fourth member of the winning team just looks at the battle lines up a catapult (hard to dodge it when you are in the middle of a team fight) and kills 2 or 3 or all 4 of the losing team which results in just a anti climactic "wow" type ending lol

RatedChaotic
04-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Dont stand in stupid. You can easily dodge roll out of it(catapult) and there are buffs for a reason(arrow). Especially near mid match thats usually when you see them the most other than that powerup. Get gud.

Simi_Xiamara_
04-01-2017, 12:46 AM
I'll gladly take unblockable over catapult.
Unblockable has what 1min cd? Catapult can be used once and it's gone for rest of the game pretty much lol

Genesiz13
04-01-2017, 01:04 AM
i feel like feats should only be ajusted on elimination ( and that's a maybe). a catapult in elimination is a lot more impactful than one in dominion or skirmish. or the bow as mentioned. elimination is much more " one life" focused than skirmish or dominion. maybe adjust their powers only on elimination?

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 01:04 AM
People complaining about catapult.....meanwhile LB's ignus ember grenades are wiping whole teams with one grenade in revenge...ok.....

Catapult is hot garabge. I'd rather have a better level 4 feat then that pile of crap. The fuse time on it is only slightly shorter (about .2- .5 seconds shorter then LB's ingus ember grenades fuse) and you're standing still for most of catapults duration.

The best damaing level 4 feat is LB's grenades and fire flask. Arrow storm and catapult are a joke compared to them.

Genesiz13
04-01-2017, 01:07 AM
People complaining about catapult.....meanwhile LB's ignus ember grenades are wiping whole teams with one grenade in revenge...ok.....

Catapult is hot garabge. I'd rather have a better level 4 feat then that pile of crap. The fuse time on it is only slightly shorter (about .2- .5 seconds shorter then LB's ingus ember grenades fuse) and you're standing still for most of catapults duration.

The best damaing level 4 feat is LB's grenades and fire flask. Arrow storm and catapult are a joke compared to them.

that's true for elimination and skirmish, but i personally feel arrow storm and catapult are extremely useful in dominion. i almost never use them on players, sometimes i'm standing on C or A and use them to clear the soldier line on the middle point from afar.one control point could make a lot of difference.

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 01:11 AM
LB can get the same effect with his grenades (since the radius on them is the same as fire flask) and he gets to use them 4 times.

Catapult also has a smaller radius. It's an *** feat.

That and you can't use catapult nor arrow storm indoors. They're just piles of hot garbage. I mean people have survived catapults and if they survive...well.....great...just wasted a feat for nothing. Granted this is at a distance

xLeapingLizardx
04-01-2017, 03:10 AM
Dont stand in stupid. You can easily dodge roll out of it(catapult) and there are buffs for a reason(arrow). Especially near mid match thats usually when you see them the most other than that powerup. Get gud.
So I think the catapult is a bit ridiculous and you are gonna sit there and call me stupid and tell me to get gud?
I never said this even happened to me...
I was actually basing it off of me or my teammates doing it to our enemies and it had me feeling like it was a let down and made me feel like it was just a cheap quick victory.

So how about you think before you post and don't call someone stupid over something as minor as this.. Petty

And if you weren't replying to me, there is still nothing in this thread that gives you a reason to call someone stupid..

SangLong524
04-01-2017, 05:42 AM
either you and your teammates were too into your bloodlust and got hit (good riddance!) or the enemy team was. i see this all the times. Fools all crowd up in one place trying to bash someone then got catapult-ed. Hell, it's not that hard to avoid the catapult's blast radius, even a level 2 bot can do it.
There was a thread complaining catapult. it's fine. A level 4 feat is supposed to be deadly. it has long cooldown, it's only lethal in a very small area inside the blast zone. It can't be used indoor. Its sound is too tell-tale, so either one are deaf, too arrogant or just painfully stupid to just stand there. So i only have 5 words to conclude... GIT GUD or die well.

TCTF_SWAT
04-01-2017, 05:58 AM
It's not hard dodging a catapult....when you're not doing anything. But when you're in the middle of doing something....that's where it shines since you won't have enough to get out of teh way. Might not die.....but whatever health you had kiss that goodbye.

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 01:05 PM
People complaining about catapults when they don't see the grenade I just dropped at their feet after dying. Lolol