PDA

View Full Version : This week in for honor - Good read

Ichnich89
03-31-2017, 11:30 AM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-287865-16/this-week-in-for-honor-330

Hello everyone,
There is a new weekly update Ubisoft is doing for us, the community.
It's a weekly update about what's going on and what they're working on.

Thank you for this. I really like the idea of a "weekly newsletter" on the main page. Looking also forward for today's warriors den.

See you in the game. Cheers.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 11:37 AM
That all sounds nice.

RatedChaotic
03-31-2017, 11:38 AM
Was a good read.

escacleo
03-31-2017, 12:24 PM
Bug fix for the "Soft Feints" is hopefully coming soon.

Captain-Courage
03-31-2017, 01:59 PM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-287865-16/this-week-in-for-honor-330

Hello everyone,
There is a new weekly update Ubisoft is doing for us, the community.
It's a weekly update about what's going on and what they're working on.

Thank you for this. I really like the idea of a "weekly newsletter" on the main page. Looking also forward for today's warriors den.

See you in the game. Cheers.

Wew, champagne ! somebody just discovered what a roadmap is all about ....

Ichnich89
03-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Wew, champagne ! somebody just discovered what a roadmap is all about ....

Wew... Somebody just needs to spit out some sarcastic comment in a thread about something good. Off you go and drink your champagne "captain courage".

Operch
03-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Love seeing this. It looks like they sat down and came to the realization that they were going to have to make some changes to both the game and how transparent they were with the community.

I was definitely seeing the steel increase last night. Just finishing a couple orders and playing a few matches I earned over 1000 steel!! And that is without doing the daily steel orders. Also it was awesome to play River Fort again in Dominion.

Very happy with this new leaf they have turned over. If they keep it up I may even reward it with a steel pack purchase. Time will tell.

SplugeKing
03-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Haven't read yet. How many times they say we're working on it / we will let you know soon.... hahaha jk i kid....but seriously

xSkeletalx
03-31-2017, 05:31 PM
In-game issues aside, I honestly feel like transparency was the only issue between the development team and the community. I think that many people in the community viewed the relative silence and vague responses from the team as though the team didn't care about the same things the community did, or that the team wasn't working on anything. Being upfront regarding specific details like why the maps were removed, or the reason behind particular balance changes goes a long way in my book, because it makes the team's stance and plan clear and shows me the direction the game is moving in.

I am part of a couple of other games' communities where dev interaction and transparency is high, and it only improves the relationship between the game, the dev team, and the players, in my opinion.

I'm glad to see this step in the right direction; no game is perfect, and I don't expect instant correction of every issue, I just need to know that the team is taking the community's issues seriously and working towards open, stated goals.

Siege struggled a bit at launch, but is getting bigger and bigger over time, with added content, streamlining and correction of the issues, and a focus on competitive play, and I honestly believe that given the proper amount of attention and polish For Honor can find itself on the same path, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the changes along the way. This very quickly became one of my favorite games, and I truly want to see it succeed and see the community grow.