PDA

View Full Version : "Very High Activity"......... Sure there is lol

CoyoteXStarrk
03-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Okay.......so if its SO active then why am I having to wait 4 times as long for matches than I did 2 weeks ago when I decided to take a break?

I'll wait :)

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Well, it indicates, that there are many players playing in the moment, but that doesn't mean there directly is an open space in every match currently running. Seems legit that way...at least thats my opinion about it.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Well, it indicates, that there are many players playing in the moment, but that doesn't mean there directly is an open space in every match currently running. Seems legit that way...at least thats my opinion about it.

Wait.

So instead of facing the very real reality that not many people are playing right now you ACTUALLY think the issue is that there are SO many people playing right now at 4am that the matchmaking just can't handle it? lol

I am genuinely asking. This is a reality where we have a Cheeto dust covered manchild as President. Its hard to tell whats real anymore.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Wait.

So instead of facing the very real reality that not many people are playing right now you ACTUALLY think the issue is that there are SO many people playing right now at 4am that the matchmaking just can't handle it? lol

I am genuinely asking. This is a reality where we have a Cheeto dust covered manchild as President. Its hard to tell whats real anymore.

No, but it isn't that far from thinking that there simply is no open space in running matches and not enough players searching for a match (within the critics the matchmaking is searching for) to open a new one...just trying to give your case a reason.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 01:48 PM
No, but it isn't that far from thinking that there simply is no open space in running matches and not enough players searching for a match (within the critics the matchmaking is searching for) to open a new one...just trying to give your case a reason.

I've played a hell of a lot of games with matchmaking over the last 15 years and I've got to say, hostorically the more people that are playing / queued the faster you get a game. Having very high activity and having to wait longer should not be a thing. World of Warcraft at 3am had long queues for PvP because everyone was asleep. Titanfall 2 has long queues at 12am because there are about 800 people online at that time. Peak hours in any matchmade game I have ever played is the time you have the shortest queues. Higher activity = shorter queues. It's just logic / fact / common sense.

DrExtrem
03-31-2017, 01:53 PM
It might be high activity ... in relation to other modes.

Relative activity is not really an indicator for absolute player numbers.

There could be only 100 players online and if 50 of them are playing dominion, the mode has high activity.

Fact is, that matchmaking takes a lot of time and you almost never find opponents in your region and with a strict skill level requirement.

Captain-Courage
03-31-2017, 01:54 PM

The denial is strong

RoyalLight
03-31-2017, 01:56 PM
It's simple but I don't think you were properly taught in school.

Along with what the guy stated in the first response on this thread, I have to add one more thing: the status is based on the amount of people playing the game at that given time, whether you have one thousand or one million players online -- the percentage is the same.
One more time: if 500 people out of 1000 or 500000 out of 1000000 play Duels at that given time, it's going to count as a "Very High Activity" in Duel modes. Hell, you can have 10 people in the game and if 9 play Only Dominions, it's still going to rate it as a high activity in that game mode out of the total amount of players.

This is obvious for many reasons. If you need those stated, ask or try to use your mind for once.

Obdach01
03-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Wait.

very simple calculation:

100 players playing now (let's call this very high), but no open space for you to fill in... you have to wait for 8 more players (or 4) to start a new match or for one of the ongoing matches to finish and one of the players to go out of that game. Can take a while...
now only 2 players playing, let's say against AI. This would be called very low. Now you queque in for this game mode, and whooooosh, you're in, as those two have two open spaces where you can join.

Got it?

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 02:16 PM
It's simple but I don't think you were properly taught in school.

Along with what the guy stated in the first response on this thread, I have to add one more thing: the status is based on the amount of people playing the game at that given time, whether you have one thousand or one million players online -- the percentage is the same.
One more time: if 500 people out of 1000 or 500000 out of 1000000 play Duels at that given time, it's going to count as a "Very High Activity" in Duel modes. Hell, you can have 10 people in the game and if 9 play Only Dominions, it's still going to rate it as a high activity in that game mode out of the total amount of players.

This is obvious for many reasons. If you need those stated, ask or try to use your mind for once.

Just wondering, how do you know it's % based like that?

You may well be right and I have no problem understanding how it all works, just to get that out of the way, but have you seen this somewhere official?

The thing is, activity is currently lower than at peak times.
It is on Medium now and it will be High to Very High later.

If it was % based wouldn't activity always be Very High because numbers would be irrelevant, just % of total players, which would be pretty constant, no?

Mofu_Master
03-31-2017, 02:50 PM
it just indicates Very High Activity (is required to fix this ****in' crazy trash of code).

Verdican85
04-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Might be just me but my join times in any game mode at any given time are more or less always the same ...

strict skill never happens
extended never happens
pops to all skill levels and more or less right after I get a game to join

Some people might and have been complaining (not saying this is the case now) that que times are too long bringing up that argument, but let's be honest here ... Your talking about under a minute to join a game , the so praised ( for being active ) Overwatch has a lot longer que times then that whilst having a bigger playerbase