PDA

View Full Version : You people have STILL NOT fixed the AFK issue? Are you kidding?!?!

CoyoteXStarrk
03-31-2017, 09:45 AM
I have not played For Honor for 2 weeks due to the release of ME:A and so I think to myself man I haven't played For Honor in a bit let me play a few rounds. So I pop the disc in and look to see if there were any patches.

I see they raised Steel rewards. NICE. Less of a grind. Thats a definite step up.

Then I think to myself. "Damn Coyote you haven't played in weeks. Better warm up vs AI before you jump into PvP."

I go into Dominion AI and....

THE FIRST FREAKING GAME I GET INTO THERE ARE NOT ONE, BUT TWO AFKERS RUNNING IN CIRCLES.

WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Well once they get detected first, they get a warning...then when they get detected further the get a 3 day ban and every further detection casts a perm ban....(not sure about the parma ban)

but well...it maybe takes some time between the detections and work of looking up everyone of them...But at least I think it got better since some weeks.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Well once they get detected first, they get a warning...then when they get detected further the get a 3 day ban and every further detection casts a perm ban....(not sure about the parma ban)

but well...it maybe takes some time between the detections and work of looking up everyone of them...But at least I think it got better since some weeks.

Do you have an excuse for everything or are you playing devils advocate?

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 11:12 AM
Do you have an excuse for everything or are you playing devils advocate?

No, I'm just trying to be polite and help other players...sorry for beeing a nice person.

RatedChaotic
03-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Hows those facial expressions in ME? lol

CoyoteXStarrk
03-31-2017, 11:45 AM
Hows those facial expressions in ME? lol

I absolutely love how overblown this comment is lol

I have over 20 hours in ME:A and I have only noticed TWO animations that were messed up.

That being the Cora walk in the beginning and the silly lip thing.

Other than that? Nothing.

Though I do find the hate ***** that people have for Mass Effect hilarious. Its like watching people try and crap on Tom Brady. They can talk and cry all they want. It doesn't make him anything less than extraordinary.

escacleo
03-31-2017, 12:29 PM
Playing console I have never come across anyone afk running in circles. Must be more a PC problem.

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Playing console I have never come across anyone afk running in circles. Must be more a PC problem.

As I also play on ps4 I can tell you...no...there are also players running in circles. Mostly in player vs. KI matches

escacleo
03-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Hmm why they don't turn off matchmaking and run in circles is beyond me. If going vs AI I always turn off matchmaking must be why I don't see it at all.

LEAFS1212
03-31-2017, 12:59 PM
this must be your first Ubisoft game. welcome! LMAO

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 01:09 PM
Hmm why they don't turn off matchmaking and run in circles is beyond me. If going vs AI I always turn off matchmaking must be why I don't see it at all.

Yep, because you don't have other player joining you...your teammates are AI Bots...when you let the mathcmaking in player vs. AI matches turned on...then I guarantee you there will be afk players running in circles ;) In conquer mode

guffffff
03-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Have a Vote-Kick option seen it in other games

Dragoon7272
03-31-2017, 01:13 PM
the problem with a vote kick is that most games require EVERYONE in the game to vote, if you have 2 AFKers then youre not going to get enough votes to kick the person out. and on the other end of the spectrum if you just allow people to get kicked with 2 votes, then youre going to have trolls kicking people near the end of the match to void a persons XP. a Vote kick option ultimately is NOT a good idea :\ they need better inactivity kicks such as if you haven't left the spawn in 30 seconds youre kicked outta the match (30 seconds it way to short but i just used a random time interval)

RatedChaotic
03-31-2017, 01:18 PM
Well after reading all the bug reports in Mass Effects MP..... I'm glad I chose to stick with For Honor......I'd rather deal with afkers than that mess.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 01:22 PM
I think there are less AFK farmers now, but then what do I know.

Right about now they should have all figured out that if you turn Matchmaking off for Dominion vs AI then no one will see you doing it / report you.

Please Ubsioft, just add the need for a button press at some stage between matches or else you don't continue. I had to do that in World of Warcraft 12 years ago, it's not advanced technology or anything. You have created an AFKers dream scenario.

On a related note, really looking forward to ME:A, going to buy it soon, I am a massive ME fan (I have met Commander Shepard and Liara in real life) :D

ninjacut
03-31-2017, 01:27 PM
I think there are less AFK farmers now, but then what do I know.

Right about now they should have all figured out that if you turn Matchmaking off for Dominion vs AI then no one will see you doing it / report you.

Please Ubsioft, just add the need for a button press at some stage between matches or else you don't continue. I had to do that in World of Warcraft 12 years ago, it's not advanced technology or anything. You have created an AFKers dream scenario.

On a related note, really looking forward to ME:A, going to buy it soon, I am a massive ME fan (I have met Commander Shepard and Liara in real life) :D

Actually, when you play player vs. AI and turn the matchmaking off, then there is no countdown timer after the match where you have to choose a character...so it is impossible to be afk and play that endlessly ;)

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Actually, when you play player vs. AI and turn the matchmaking off, then there is no countdown timer after the match where you have to choose a character...so it is impossible to be afk and play that endlessly ;)

As far as I know the Countdown Timer or absence of it wouldn't make any difference. The countdown is just to give all 4 / 8 players time to pick their characters, which of course is not needed when it's just you. Are you saying it doesn't continue to the next match if you press nothing? I wouldn't know, I haven't tried, will check later.

thornh
03-31-2017, 01:49 PM
You CANNOT AFK in PvAI with matchmaking off. You have to choose your character before match start and there is no countdown timer. You are stuck at the character selection screen.

I play on PS4 and a week or two ago AFK was a huge problem. Every game (PvAI) there were one or two. I started reporting everyone I saw. This past week I do not remember seeing anyone doing it and I play at least two hours a day. The situation has improved.

Iuslez_
03-31-2017, 01:56 PM

They don't turn off matchmaking and run in circle vs AI because they can just stand still: their is no afk-kick when matchmaking is off ;)

On a more serious note: with matchking turned off, you get about half the xp and the next game doesn't start automatically. You can't be completely afk.

I haven't encoutered any AFKs since they lauched the first warnings, must have been lucky.

Gray360UK
03-31-2017, 01:59 PM
You CANNOT AFK in PvAI with matchmaking off.

Well that is good to know :)

In that case imho the situation has improved drastically, at least in my experience, because I have seen way less AFKers this week compared to every previous week.