PDA

View Full Version : For Honor blackout community event - April 3rd

cragar212
03-30-2017, 05:22 AM
Hey guys just reposting something from For Honors reddit.

Basically community is coming together and not playing for 24hrs. The thread has 9000 upvotes and was just posted today. Here is the link with the info if you would like to participate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/

Just to add the primary goal of this is to show Ubisoft our dissatisfaction in a united way. I encourage you to read the link above.

Nativ_Toola
03-30-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm in.

KL4Z1K
03-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Already not playing, so why not? I'm in.

DerHerbman
03-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Good Idea! 90% of the Playerbase is already on boycott, so why not join them?

SendRickPics
03-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Oh, you're not playing? Okay, more kills for me then.

chiller2k3
03-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Maybe this will be the best day to play, because all the inpatient whiney scrubs are not playing :?

I normally don't play on Monday but let's see..

droledianTR
03-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Someone ask to steam community too. We need their support.

DrinkinMyStella
03-30-2017, 10:28 AM
Not in! Its a good game that is riddled with bugs and the losers who just don't know how to play #salty

NeoLocutus
03-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Alright bro, count me in. Going to extend the invitation to my contacts too.

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 10:41 AM
When you read the thread you will see this is about love for the game. This cluld still be a great game, all the qualities are there.

Let's come together for this and let them know.

There are two possible effects:

One day less FH (should be painless)

And the possibility that they will adress this with the manpower the issue needs.

I'm in, and whether you are a troll, hater or a big fan you should too. No need to be enemies here, let's try to do something good toghether!

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 10:43 AM
A day when all moaners finally go f*** themselves leaving only the dedicated player base to play the game with less load on servers? This is exactly what the game needed, what a glorious day it will be :rolleyes: thank you and good riddance

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:04 AM
A day when all moaners finally go f*** themselves leaving only the dedicated player base to play the game with less load on servers? This is exactly what the game needed, what a glorious day it will be :rolleyes: thank you and good riddance

Except there are no servers considering its all P2P and if half of the currently small player base disappears, there goes your matchmaking times and possibility of finding a good host.

corazondedelfin
03-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Hey guys just reposting something from For Honors reddit.

Basically community is coming together and not playing for 24hrs. The thread has 6000 upvotes and was just posted today. Here is the link with the info if you would like to participate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/

Just to add the primary goal of this is to show Ubisoft our dissatisfaction in a united way. I encourage you to read the link above.

I stopped playing two days ago when everything crashed and it went to sh1t, but count me in, If I had doubts about playing April 3rd at all.

>> Also share this into STEAM FORUMS
>> Everyone reading me: Share it wherever you can and with your friends!

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Except there are no servers considering its all P2P and if half of the currently small player base disappears, there goes your matchmaking times and possibility of finding a good host.

Gooood ridance, clear off and dont come back o7

Nativ_Toola
03-30-2017, 11:26 AM

gg... good spirit..

It's not about moaning about balance, or thing kill me it's unacceptable.

it's about the lack of communication of ubi. they made a game broken, they sell it, and we are in right to ask when and how he gonna be fixed, but all we have as response is the community manager who said thing like : i gonna tell to the dev that you have problem" or "we are on it"

yeah, great, but what are you on it. what patch gonna come, when, what are your difficulties, why do you have sell an alpha game like it was a RC etc. and until today, all those question are left without response. so by boycotting the game we want to make them react.

after that, if all you see is "the B-itching boy gonna left for 24h it's gonna be fun" well, good game for you and GG for supporting abusive commercial technique and accepting everything without saying anything. But that make you a part of the problem, if you are okay with all that, Why ubi will even try to change.

Viruletic
03-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Gooood ridance, clear off and dont come back o7

I didn't say I was leaving, just pointing out your complete lack of knowledge on how the game works. I've also seen you around the forums being ignorant quite often, and I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either. Raging seems more appropriate for you.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 11:31 AM
gg... good spirit..

It's not about moaning about balance, or thing kill me it's unacceptable.

it's about the lack of communication of ubi. they made a game broken, they sell it, and we are in right to ask when and how he gonna be fixed, but all we have as response is the community manager who said thing like : i gonna tell to the dev that you have problem" or "we are on it"

yeah, great, but what are you on it. what patch gonna come, when, what are your difficulties, why do you have sell an alpha game like it was a RC etc. and until today, all those question are left without response. so by boycotting the game we want to make them react.

after that, if all you see is "the B-itching boy gonna left for 24h it's gonna be fun" well, good game for you and GG for supporting abusive commercial technique and accepting everything without saying anything. But that make you a part of the problem, if you are okay with all that, Why ubi will even try to change.

Game works fine for me, since patch 1.04 i played every day and had no issues whatsoever, and i played against thousands of people who dont even participate on forums, and no one was moaning in the game that they lag or whatever.

And that is my point, please do go on and do your blackout rallies, as nobody else but moaners will attend them, and the further you normies are away from my game , the better.

In fact, it would be perfect if you lot would also boycotted the forums, and reddit, then went to the beach, held hands, moaned some more for old times sake, and jumped in the ocean

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Counting may not be your strong suit ...

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 11:34 AM
MassiveD wouldn't it be nice to have more moaners to pwn? This is the way :)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 11:38 AM
MassiveD wouldn't it be nice to have more moaners to pwn? This is the way :)

Moaners dont play the game, just complain on the forums, they are of no use to anyone.

The real story is told by the thousands of silent players you meet in game who just play and dont complain, which is that the game is fine when you git gut.

This whole "do what i say or i leave" sense of entitlement delusion, is the same as telling a big youtuber "do this or ill unsubscribe", its actually beneficial for everyone if you unsubscribe, minus one problem that is not there anymore.

Once you are gone (you as in you lot) , the rest of the community can start concentrating on positivity, gameplay, and the future of the game

corazondedelfin
03-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Moaners dont play the game, just complain on the forums, they are of no use to anyone.

The real story is told by the thousands of silent players you meet in game who just play and dont complain, which is that the game is fine when you git gut.

This whole "do what i say or i leave" sense of entitlement delusion, is the same as telling a big youtuber "do this or ill unsubscribe", its actually beneficial for everyone if you unsubscribe, minus one problem that is not there anymore.

Once you are gone (you as in you lot) , the rest of the community can start concentrating on positivity, gameplay, and the future of the game

Massive, hey, FU-CK OFF, TROLL.

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
But nearly everyone loves the game? Me included.

This is actually positive when you stop and think about it. People just want to play :)

If you don't believe me, fine. I'm just one person. If you don't believe the player loss, fine.

If you don't believe the forum, who could blame you, most of the posts are kind of flamey.

If you don't believe the articles written by serious media, fine, fake news.

If you don't believe the pro gamers that play unofficial tournaments, no problem they need to git gut, even though they probably are better or at the same level as you (I don't know what level you are on)

But all.of these? Take a scientist approach, prove me wrong instead. Present your case afterwards. The git gut argument have no base in reality. The rest listed here, does.

Oyamaa
03-30-2017, 12:03 PM
I am in

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Does playing vs. bots with disabled matchmaking count?

KL4Z1K
03-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Does playing vs. bots with disabled matchmaking count?

You need to be 100% not playing For Honor.

cragar212
03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Just ignore MassiveD. His main goal is generate animosity in the community for wierd personal reasons. Have reported him again for flaming/trolling same as yesterday. We got his post locked yesterday and I'm sure he will be banned sometime if he continues.

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:12 PM
You need to be 100% not playing For Honor.

Not even custom games or single player?

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 12:13 PM
But nearly everyone loves the game? Me included.

This is actually positive when you stop and think about it. People just want to play :)

If you don't believe me, fine. I'm just one person. If you don't believe the player loss, fine.

If you don't believe the forum, who could blame you, most of the posts are kind of flamey.

If you don't believe the articles written by serious media, fine, fake news.

If you don't believe the pro gamers that play unofficial tournaments, no problem they need to git gut, even though they probably are better or at the same level as you (I don't know what level you are on)

But all.of these? Take a scientist approach, prove me wrong instead. Present your case afterwards. The git gut argument have no base in reality. The rest listed here, does.

All of the above has already been debunked dozens of times, please feel free to go over my messages in my profile, there's enough material there to write a book.

Long story short:

1. Player loss - predicted for a niche, hardcore game that is too hard for casual gamers (like star craft , or street fighter, games that require you to be a Korean cyborg with 400apm to be goof at(

2. Forums - self explanatory

3. I dont follow mainstream media, since its a dieing, redundant form of media that is on its way out like betamax, vhs, and the dvd (Papa Trump and PooPiePie has started the ball rolling, singlehandedly red-pilling an entire generation of people to the BS that is media right now)

4. Tournaments - you mean the PK ban? Lazy and uneducated attitude from inexperienced host (alot of tournament games allow character banning per match chosen by each team, LoL has inbuilt feature, Hearthstone lets players chose per 5 match set etc. They should have let the players decide if they want to ban PK each round, or warlord, or warden, or w/e)

Furthermore, there has been a wave of refund frauds lately, on the forums, making the connectivity claims even more skeptical.

Thus this is a moan thread, which basically says "I cant git gud, ubi wont refund me, so i will throw a tantrum because others dont do what i want".

Very good, go do it, and please - make sure to not come back, the game will do just fine

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:19 PM
A tripple A niche game.

Isn't that the definition of an oxymoron?

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 12:23 PM
A tripple A niche game.

Isn't that the definition of an oxymoron?

Is Star Craft 2 triple A? Is Street Fighter?

They all niche games with player base much smaller than For Honor

dex951
03-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Good Idea! 90% of the Playerbase is already on boycott, so why not join them?

So, you are implying that 90% of the player base has stopped buying games from Ubisoft? Because that's what boycotting means. By not playing the game has nothing to do with boycotting.

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way Massive. I'm hoping they will adress it and maybe make the game more stabile for PC users.

I don't respect what you say, but I respect how loud you say it. And how long you say it. You remind me of a flat earther that is working on the ISS.

RoyalLight
03-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Dayum! Kids go crazy nowadays if left unattended.

Nice though, you made me laugh!

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Is Star Craft 2 triple A? Is Street Fighter?

They all niche games with player base much smaller than For Honor

Starcraft ... A niche game.

The gold standard of rts games a niche game... nich... gam... *stroke*

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way Massive. I'm hoping they will adress it and maybe make the game more stabile for PC users.

I don't respect what you say, but I respect how loud you say it. And how long you say it. You remind me of a flat earther that is working on the ISS.

I'm playing on PC. I also have a picture of Neil deGrasse Tyosn right besides my bed, who is my only lord and saviour, therefore I laugh at your analogies.

P.S. talking about flat-earthers, here's a 24 page thread asking for people to submit evidence of any connectivity issues post patch 1.04 yet receiving none.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1616130-For-Honor-most-played-fighting-game-of-all-times-according-to-SteamCharts

To quote Carl Sagan, extraordinary claims (which are plenty on these forums), require extraordinary evidence (of which there is few to none since patch 1.04) + the refund frauds claiming connectivity that are getting exposed daily now, by checking people play stats or actually seeing them playing online, lol

We actually invited one of these guys to friend list and then conned him into coming to play a game with us, weirdly with no connection errors for which he requested refund lololo

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
You should actually listen to them ...

... and understand what they are saying.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Starcraft ... A niche game.

The gold standard of rts games a niche game... nich... gam... *stroke*

You mean that game that is being played almost exclusively in Korea by maybe 20,000 players?

Yes, that is a definition of a niche game, pop a xanax and calm down.

Don't get me wrong, sc series is the best RTS to ever exist, but you know why it is not the talk of the town nor why milions of people are not playing it ? Because it is away above the competency levels of an avarage gamer, like For Honor.

You know that guy TotalBiscuit who pretty much owns SC2 esports scene right now? He himself stated many times, that in order.to attract casual gamers to games like star craft, they need a new type of rts that is a bit slower, and requires less input to level the field.

A staple of a SC2 pro right now is the ability to hit 350 actions per minute mark, or 6 correct keys per second.

Think about it, you cant do that. You will never be able to do that.

Thats why SC2 esports is so interesting to watch, but not that many people actually play SC2

kili31
03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Thanks for brightening my day, been a while since I laughed so hard. What a stupid "event" xD

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Xanax?

We don't pop a Xanax and calm down. We invade other countries. ;)

MeArney
03-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Oh, you're not playing? Okay, more kills for me then.

Killing who exactly? If nobody is there to play? Bots?

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Xanax?

We don't pop a Xanax and calm down. We invade other countries. ;)

Not with Hitlary and Clinton Foundation out of business you don't.

Papa Trump don't care about no invasion

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks for brightening my day, been a while since I laughed so hard. What a stupid "event" xD

Shh, let them do it, maybe they won't come back

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 01:07 PM
That's cool dudes. I design and produce equipment for space, military and aviation so I hold those guys in high regard too.

I guess what it comes down to is what you define as extraordinary evidence, which I consider my arguments to form. I believe that my own experience is not evidence, but is echoed in the statements provided by a massive amount of players. Video evidence, picture evidence and evidence from statistics are backing up my claim.

When I then also consider the facts provided by you, the git gut argument it does not hold any evidence and you have yet to prove it.

If your hero is Sagan and Tyson you should provide it, they would most likely agree.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
That's cool dudes. I design and produce equipment for space, military and aviation so I hold those guys in high regard too.

I guess what it comes down to is what you define as extraordinary evidence, which I consider my arguments to form. I believe that my own experience is not evidence, but is echoed in the statements provided by a massive amount of players. Video evidence, picture evidence and evidence from statistics are backing up my claim.

When I then also consider the facts provided by you, the git gut argument it does not hold any evidence and you have yet to prove it.

If your hero is Sagan and Tyson you should provide it, they would most likely agree.

The burden of providing evidence falls on the shoulders of the ones making the claims.

For me game works fine, I play it every day for hours against thousands of different players for whom the game also seems to work just fine.

Meanwhile, there is endless moaning and outright refund frauding constantly happening on these forums, thus significantly devaluing the voice of this community as a whole, to the point where every single claim needs to be questioned.

In lame'os terms - pictures or didnt happen

Parra11ax
03-30-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm in.

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 01:14 PM
Not with Hitlary and Clinton Foundation out of business you don't.

Papa Trump don't care about no invasion

Crap. My English is so bad, people mistake me for an American. ;)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Crap. My English is so bad, people mistake me for an American. ;)

That's the only invading country I know of, unless you are talking about year 1939, in which case wouldn't that be a crime in your own country to talk about?

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 01:35 PM
The burden of providing evidence falls on the shoulders of the ones making the claims.

For me game works fine, I play it every day for hours against thousands of different players for whom the game also seems to work just fine.

Meanwhile, there is endless moaning and outright refund frauding constantly happening on these forums, thus significantly devaluing the voice of this community as a whole, to the point where every single claim needs to be questioned.

In lame'os terms - pictures or didnt happen

I have provided the evidence on my statements, with sources. You are claiming that it's because git gut. I need evidence for your claim, if you want me or any others to view it as true. And remember, the more sources that back your claim the better.

"People need to git gut" is a claim.

"Debunked a thousand times" is a claim.

Steam reviews is a source. You can argue the validity of this source, but taking them all into consideration?

Still, this is the scientific way, and the best way of judging a claim to be true :)

I'm still waiting. Until then your argument remains invalid.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:38 PM
I have provided the evidence on my statements, with sources. You are claiming that it's because git gut. I need evidence for your claim, if you want me or any others to view it as true. And remember, the more sources that back your claim the better.

"People need to git gut" is a claim.

"Debunked a thousand times" is a claim.

Steam reviews is a source. You can argue the validity of this source, but taking them all into consideration?

Still, this is the scientific way, and the best way of judging a claim to be true :)

I'm still waiting. Until then your argument remains invalid.

If you are sincerely interested, go over my created threads, all the evidence with pictures and statistics are there.

And if you cant be bothered than my arguments remain valid untill you do, since the information is readily available

falchchr
03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
That's the only invading country I know of, unless you are talking about year 1939, in which case wouldn't that be a crime in your own country to talk about?

Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Israel, Russia, UK, Australia, Poland those are since 2000 that i know of....before that and after 1939 you have even more countries among them Iraq, Turkey, Vietnam and China...

Edit: Regarding your "evidence with pictures", aint it against forum rules to name and shame, multiple of your replies has been done with no editing of the nicknames. The fact that mod's has not responded to this is pure laziness, maybe they too have given up hope on this...

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 01:42 PM
Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Israel, Russia, UK, Australia, Poland those are since 2000 that i know of....before that and after 1939 you have even more countries among them Iraq, Turkey, Vietnam and China...

Mmm, I suppose. I have no further contributions towards the topic as I am not an expert on it.

DrExtrem
03-30-2017, 01:43 PM

It's a crime to deny the holocaust. Denying the invasion from 1939 is only stupid.

Plutonium Bug
03-30-2017, 01:51 PM
This topic is so side-tracked so I will bring it a bit back on track.
I don't think not playing the game is going to make any difference except me needing to wait a bit longer for a match maybe.
You need to realise that probably only 20% max of the players go to the forums the rest ain't got no time fo that.
Yes they need to step up and try to fix some problems but I don't know if you are all aware of the fact that the outage did not just effect For Honor.
It effected R6 and GR Wildlands and pretty much all ubi games.
And to be fair after the last update it has been really stable for me. when people left it mostly continued just the rare dc that's it. About 1 in every 6/7 games. I can live with that especially if you see how bad it was in the start.

maXmood
03-30-2017, 01:52 PM
i'm in.. i would like a connectivity fix.. my no. 1 issue with the game.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 01:59 PM
This assumes the servers are up on that day anyway ;)

thornh
03-30-2017, 02:00 PM
A boycott will not affect Ubisoft or their plans for this game. Period.

Kitsune..
03-30-2017, 02:17 PM
This^

Dark.Knights
03-30-2017, 02:27 PM
UBI Ceo LOL on you guys, they already take your money, they won't lost anything. Better think that not going to buy their new title in the future.

Captain-Courage
03-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Indeed, your plans cannot be affected when you have none.

WoodDaGawd
03-30-2017, 03:07 PM
MODERATED

These forums are funny. When someone speaks the truth, they are a troll. GTFOH

MoistZK
03-30-2017, 03:20 PM
The way they see it will be; "meh, less work for us, you suckers. We already took your money! Mwhahahahahaha"

DvlDawg15
03-30-2017, 03:21 PM
I'm actually going to play specifically on that day because the issues with for honor aren't as bad as y'all make them seem.

And you disconnecting is on you if a lot of people I play with don't, check your isps

DvlDawg15
03-30-2017, 03:29 PM
MODERATED

lol you're upset about non essential cosmetics being purchasable with money? When you can easily grind out the look you want?

And part of this reason is to avoid everyone looking the same, so an in game currency wall helps deter me from seeing your look and copying it... but it's not impossible or even difficult

massive02
03-30-2017, 03:32 PM
muhahaha..... while everyone is out. I alone shall win the faction war for the samurai! BAAANZAAI

Alustar.exe
03-30-2017, 03:49 PM
I've been posting and messaging to all my associates to play on this day since it will be free of whiney bads! Please, please! If you are on this hate train follow through with this so I can play this game with mature like minded players that don't get butt hurt at losing :) kthxbai!

DvlDawg15
03-30-2017, 03:53 PM
muhahaha..... while everyone is out. I alone shall win the faction war for the samurai! BAAANZAAI
Viking here... and you know exactly where I'm going with my assets lol

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Hope Ubisoft perform the ultimate counter move and and give everyone that plays on that day 5000 Steel and 3 Scavenger Crates as a loyalty bonus ;)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Hope Ubisoft perform the ultimate counter move and and give everyone that plays on that day 5000 Steel and 3 Scavenger Crates as a loyalty bonus ;)

Hahahahahaha, COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SALT :D Ubisoft pls

Pope138
03-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Game works fine for me, since patch 1.04 i played every day and had no issues whatsoever, and i played against thousands of people who dont even participate on forums, and no one was moaning in the game that they lag or whatever.

And that is my point, please do go on and do your blackout rallies, as nobody else but moaners will attend them, and the further you normies are away from my game , the better.

In fact, it would be perfect if you lot would also boycotted the forums, and reddit, then went to the beach, held hands, moaned some more for old times sake, and jumped in the ocean

Here's the thing, though: Your claims that you've had no problems and have played with thousands of others that experience no problems is purely anecdotal. Just like all the people on these forums sharing their experiences of constant lag and disconnections. We're all happy that you get to enjoy this game with minimal problems, but a lot of us are having a very different and very unpleasant experience. Your reaction to it is cold and unsympathetic.
We love this game almost as much/as much/more than you and we want it to do well. We want this game to be the best game it can be. We're all rooting for it. So, those of us who are having these issues (and some who aren't but understand our issues and don't dismiss those with a different experience as "moaners") will come together and not play on this date. If the amount of people not playing is inconsequential, then so be it. But if it's big enough for Ubisoft to take notice maybe it will be more motivation for them to get this game to it's optimal state. That would be good for us and you.
We're not talking about a boycott, or suing, or anything like that. Just trying to get Ubi's attention and maybe help them get a better understanding of how many people are experiencing these problems.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Here's the thing, though: Your claims that you've had no problems and have played with thousands of others that experience no problems is purely anecdotal. Just like all the people on these forums sharing their experiences of constant lag and disconnections. We're all happy that you get to enjoy this game with minimal problems, but a lot of us are having a very different and very unpleasant experience. Your reaction to it is cold and unsympathetic.
We love this game almost as much/as much/more than you and we want it to do well. We want this game to be the best game it can be. We're all rooting for it. So, those of us who are having these issues (and some who aren't but understand our issues and don't dismiss those with a different experience as "moaners") will come together and not play on this date. If the amount of people not playing is inconsequential, then so be it. But if it's big enough for Ubisoft to take notice maybe it will be more motivation for them to get this game to it's optimal state. That would be good for us and you.
We're not talking about a boycott, or suing, or anything like that. Just trying to get Ubi's attention and maybe help them get a better understanding of how many people are experiencing these problems.

Moaners themselves say that developers during streams themselves said that they are aware of connectivity and balancing issues, so whats the point of trying to draw attention to what the developers know already from data and super testers? No point , is thr answer, because it just becomes moaning by definition, and is neither constructive nor of any value. Why cant they just play the game as is and wait for patches and fixes?

Pope138
03-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Moaners themselves say that developers during streams themselves said that they are aware of connectivity and balancing issues, so whats the point of trying to draw attention to what the developers know already from data and super testers? No point , is thr answer, because it just becomes moaning by definition, and is neither constructive nor of any value. Why cant they just play the game as is and wait for patches and fixes?

I think moaning would be more like complaining on forums. Not playing is moaning like "off" is a television channel. But it seems like you're taking this personally. Like people are attacking you and your game--I don't understand why anyone would get this defensive over it.
Also, just because you and many others aren't experiencing these problems doesn't mean that others are lying. That's a very self-centric and absolutist mindset. If some of us choose not to play on the 3rd there's a good chance that it will make zero difference. My question is, so what? Like, who is harmed by this? No one right? So why would it upset you so much? I mean, if it's out of some need to prove that you're a bigger, more die-hard fan than us, then cool. Respect. I don't mind if you have that title.
Now can the rest of us go back to trying to help improve this game in anyway we can (or at least feel like we're helping)? Again, who is hurt by this?

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 04:32 PM
You just summed up the thread perfectly. The only two things that can happen is either Ubisoft makes a better effort of fixing the servers, or nothing happens (most likely)

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:32 PM
I think moaning would be more like complaining on forums. Not playing is moaning like "off" is a television channel. But it seems like you're taking this personally. Like people are attacking you and your game--I don't understand why anyone would get this defensive over it.
Also, just because you and many others aren't experiencing these problems doesn't mean that others are lying. That's a very self-centric and absolutist mindset. If some of us choose not to play on the 3rd there's a good chance that it will make zero difference. My question is, so what? Like, who is harmed by this? No one right? So why would it upset you so much? I mean, if it's out of some need to prove that you're a bigger, more die-hard fan than us, then cool. Respect. I don't mind if you have that title.
Now can the rest of us go back to trying to help improve this game in anyway we can (or at least feel like we're helping)? Again, who is hurt by this?

You didn't answer my question, if developers already know about the problems, whats the point if hammering them home in 50 different threads?

This is the definition of moaning:

complain or grumble, typically about something trivial.

And this is exactly what moaners on thks forum are doing, because their threads are negative, inflammatory, attacks developers, and is just down right childish and pointless, and a lot of the time simply fraudulent lies

If you have real problems with this game, you should be the one upset at these people, because they are the ones crying wolf, and devaluing your own position, and opinion as a community as a whole.

If there weren't 50 daily threads about the exact same damn thing, maybe everyone, including the developers, would be able to take the real problems more seriously?

DvlDawg15
03-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Wildlands... you lose

Pope138
03-30-2017, 04:42 PM
You didn't answer my question, if developers already know about the problems, whats the point if hammering them home in 50 different threads?

Emphasis? Which, considering the consequences, shouldn't be that big of a deal. :)
By the way, how did this conversation change to "50 different threads." I'm talking about April 3rd.

Ok, I answered yours, you answer mine. Who is this hurting? Why are you so defensive?

Also, yeah, a lot of people have baseless claims. Does that mean people shouldn't collect insurance payouts because others commit insurance fraud?
I mean, sure, fake criticism devalues real criticism, but the solution isn't to cease all criticism.

I don't know, man. I think you're making a too big a deal out of this. "Moaning," if you will.

Rolingachu
03-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Lucky for me, the majority of the PS4 playerbase doesn't even know what a forum is anyways.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Emphasis? Which, considering the consequences, shouldn't be that big of a deal. :)
By the way, how did this conversation change to "50 different threads." I'm talking about April 3rd.

Ok, I answered yours, you answer mine. Who is this hurting? Why are you so defensive?

Also, yeah, a lot of people have baseless claims. Does that mean people shouldn't collect insurance payouts because others commit insurance fraud?
I mean, sure, fake criticism devalues real criticism, but the solution isn't to cease all criticism.

I don't know, man. I think you're making a too big a deal out of this. "Moaning," if you will.

Moaning is one of the main reasons of declining player base. If you are a new player who downloaded the game, at some point you will want to check our the forums and get involved with community activities. If the forum is a huge burning dumpster fire full of moaners complaining and lying, you will get a wrong impression because they will paint you a worse image than it is. Making you think that hey maybe this game has no future, and i shouldnt play it.

Im talking from experience here ;)

Ubi-Gaidheal
03-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

FYI, you'll find our ComDev's response to the Reddit thread HERE (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/dflx3vs/).

We've heard you loud and clear, and will address your concerns in tomorrow's Warrior's Den stream (1PM EST / 7PM CET).

Thanks,

/Gaid

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 04:59 PM
If your child says I want candy, and you tell him no, you must wait till dinner, he then proceeds to emphasize the point by falling to the floor screaming, crying and throwing a tantrum, do you start taking him more seriously ? :) I would think not.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,

FYI, you'll find our ComDev's response to the Reddit thread HERE (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/629g5r/official_for_honor_blackout_community_event_april/dflx3vs/).

We've heard you loud and clear, and will address your concerns in tomorrow's Warrior's Den stream (1PM EST / 7PM CET).

Thanks,

/Gaid

"To start we have a game update today, you’ll find more information here http://ubi.li/7bhk5"

And the link leads to Buy Wildlands page :D

Well played Ubisoft, trolled the normies.hard :D

psyminion
03-30-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm not taking part in a silly couch protest by not playing For Honor.

if only people could come together with this kind of passion to save our planet, or arrest the perpetrators of mass war crimes....

and since they can't, I'll soothe my frustration with the world by decapitating as many opponents in For Honor as I can on April 3rd.

Pope138
03-30-2017, 05:17 PM
If your child says I want candy, and you tell him no, you must wait till dinner, he then proceeds to emphasize the point by falling to the floor screaming, crying and throwing a tantrum, do you start taking him more seriously ? :) I would think not.

Instead of tantrum, substitute silence. Sounds great!

You see, I hate pointless forum clutter. In every video game forum I visit, too many people start threads that are just rants. Just people going on and on about what they hate and offering no solutions to the problems. This has always been a major point of frustration for me. I often catch myself thinking, "Man, I wish these people would express their distaste by simply not playing the game." That's what is happening here, so of course it has my support. People deciding, "Hey, instead of being a cry-baby over it, I'm just not going to play!" Anti-crybaby policies will get my support each time. Even if I don't agree with the issue I'll support it simply because it's so much easier to ignore than a bunch of redundant forum clutter.
It's certainly much better than your solution of flaming people which only adds to the problem.

No one is linking to some bs ineffective petition, staging a boycott, typing up an open letter. I want this to become a trend.

GreenRanger XI
03-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Thought this protest had been going on after the first week since this game broke a world record on player loss.

AzureSky.
03-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Im in.

Alustar.exe
03-30-2017, 05:39 PM
This should have been scheduled on April 1st cause it's the biggest joke I've seen!

SangLong524
03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
great idea! u knights and Vikings should join them!
Seriously , I agree with Pope138. I don't support the rationale behind it but it is a rather grown-up tantrum.
Just be ready to eat your words, Faction War updates every 5 hours or so. My dear Samurai comrades, push hard and kick down their doors! I'm sure they rush back once they take a peep! ;)

CandleInTheDark
03-30-2017, 06:00 PM

Not all us knights are salty,we were in it until the last round and from there you had allocation percentage advantage which was the only way you could have lost.

I am taking part in a counter protest and putting in as many games as I can manage, from what I can see it would appear that I am far from alone.

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Seems like ubi is adressering a issue that does not exist according to some people.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Seems like ubi is adressering a issue that does not exist according to some people.

Addressing problems by rescheduling Warriors Den and announcing 12 new Elite Skins you can buy on the same post?

Mmmmm... OK? :D GJ Ubisoft, well done

Delectable_Sin
03-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Seriously , I agree with Pope138. I don't support the rationale behind it but it is a rather grown-up tantrum.
Just be ready to eat your words, Faction War updates every 5 hours or so. My dear Samurai comrades, push hard and kick down their doors! I'm sure they rush back once they take a peep! ;)

Doesn't matter, they only count the last round to determine the winner.

RatedChaotic
03-30-2017, 06:58 PM
I'll probly end up smoking and forget anyway. So I'll end up playing.

Tillo.
03-30-2017, 07:12 PM
I am in.
@ the trolls, I will repeat myself again. Even warrior's den live stream have connection errors, owned, stop trolling, end of line.

Delectable_Sin
03-30-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm in.

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 07:33 PM
I am in.
@ the trolls, I will repeat myself again. Even warrior's den live stream have connection errors, owned, stop trolling, end of line.

You did read the actual Reddit thread, right?

The developers have replied, the "event" is over, lol.

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/210543_700b_v1.jpg

darkspawn2101
03-30-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm in. I tire of the radio silence from a game that needs some serious overhauls. Time to pressure them into stepping up their timetables.

GheyimeMadeMeAn
03-30-2017, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

/Gaid

When are dedicated servers?

psyminion
03-30-2017, 08:29 PM
wait.

I just read the reddit
despite the patch and more steel that was rolled out today, this is still happening.

people want to make the game better and be supportive of For Honor etc by not playing at all on April 3rd and then CONTINUING TO NOT PLAY TILL ITS 'FIXED'.

https://m.popkey.co/37659d/X11O5.gif

Pope138
03-30-2017, 08:35 PM
wait.

I just read the reddit
despite the patch and more steel that was rolled out today, this is still happening.

people want to make the game better and be supportive of For Honor etc by not playing at all on April 3rd and then CONTINUING TO NOT PLAY TILL ITS 'FIXED'.

Are they saying they're not playing until fixed? I hadn't read that.
But a bunch of people not playing on a Monday doesn't seem like a big deal.

psyminion
03-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Final Draft (Hopefully): This is a community initiative. The plan is to stop playing on the specified day (April 3rd) and to continue not to play;

however if you wish to play after the 3rd that is fine but I believe that if the blackout can last at least one day it will be enough. The goal is to receive a response from Ubisoft, something that tells us to maintain our faith in the game. Below is a list of reasonable requests and suggestions made by the community that I have noticed. I hope together we can make a difference in the game we love.

from the reddit link in OP

Vingrask
03-30-2017, 08:48 PM

This is a different matter. Most of the time I agree which players are just crying and all. But, Ubisoft is really lacking in communication, and even me who defend the game here or on Steam started to feel unsecure about its future. I'm not participating on this. I like to play the game, but I'm doing it less just because sometimes isn't fun work so hard for, for example, deal with a super turtle player. I'm a duelist, so the connection isn't a problem to me, but I want to know about balance, about what they are doing to change the game's flow, what is needed.

I don't care about buffs or nerfs, but the game's flow at high level is becoming boring. Guard Break and Parry need some change. Block needs a few adjusts. And I'm tired of face new players and risk make them quit because the matchmaking do not explain to me what is really happening on queue. All this unsatisfying feelings could be worked if Ubisoft talk to us what they are really doing or planning.

All this without say about the wasted feature that is the Faction War.

Pope138
03-30-2017, 08:58 PM
This is a different matter. Most of the time I agree which players are just crying and all. But, Ubisoft is really lacking in communication, and even me who defend the game here or on Steam started to feel unsecure about its future. I'm not participating on this. I like to play the game, but I'm doing it less just because sometimes isn't fun work so hard for, for example, deal with a super turtle player. I'm a duelist, so the connection isn't a problem to me, but I want to know about balance, about what they are doing to change the game's flow, what is needed.

I don't care about buffs or nerfs, but the game's flow at high level is becoming boring. Guard Break and Parry need some change. Block needs a few adjusts. And I'm tired of face new players and risk make them quit because the matchmaking do not explain to me what is really happening on queue. All this unsatisfying feelings could be worked if Ubisoft talk to us what they are really doing or planning.

All this without say about the wasted feature that is the Faction War.

I've never called for a nerf, and it's easier for me to assume any balance issues I come across are just me not knowing how to counter a specific hero and I just need more practice, BUT...
I think a cause of people crying for nerfs and balances is due to framerate. Timing reactions is much easier at 60fps so I'd love to know how many people calling for nerfs and balances are console players vs pc players. Of course, if true, none of this can be dealt with in any meaningful way until connectivity issues are dealt with.

Anyway, my apologies for taking this off topic.

SuperJoule
03-30-2017, 09:02 PM
I'm so in!

MassiveD.
03-30-2017, 09:09 PM
https://youtu.be/cepZIk0PlvM

And make sure to never come back :rolleyes:

Pope138
03-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Certain flamers were pretty cynical about this whole blackout thing, but it's already getting some results. The people who started this wanted to draw some attention and raise awareness. Seems to be working. (http://kotaku.com/as-for-honor-players-threaten-a-boycott-ubisoft-offers-1793843782)

mammakamelen
03-30-2017, 10:35 PM
Kotaku is adressing an issue which does not exist. I believe they need to git gut. Also the part where he loves the game, he probably loves to lose since he's a little whiny moaner.

Also Ubisoft will adress these issues which does not exist, to the 11k moaners.

Ubisoft actually seems to be taking these things serious, maybe they love moaners and losers or something.

Lastly I'll say something real nasty about moaners.

Git gut.

DvlDawg15
03-30-2017, 10:37 PM
When are dedicated servers?

Hopefully never... you don't understand how horrible servers would be... let me explain

Orochi vs warden
Orochi presses heavy attack- signal leaves the players device playing the game traveling to the server-server receives signal and relays it to the wardens device- the warden now sees this and attempts a parry- orochi is has executed warden due to the small window the warden had to parry being decreased due to the communications

How it works now
Orochi presses heavy attack- signal leaves the players device playing the game traveling to the wardens device- the warden now sees this and attempts a parry- orochi is now caught in the wardens bs moveset due to the successful parry

Please stop being mad over dedicated servers when they're honestly a pure negative with no benefit to anyone not on their neighbors wifi

Alustar.exe
03-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Hopefully never... you don't understand how horrible servers would be... let me explain

Orochi vs warden
Orochi presses heavy attack- signal leaves the players device playing the game traveling to the server-server receives signal and relays it to the wardens device- the warden now sees this and attempts a parry- orochi is has executed warden due to the small window the warden had to parry being decreased due to the communications

How it works now
Orochi presses heavy attack- signal leaves the players device playing the game traveling to the wardens device- the warden now sees this and attempts a parry- orochi is now caught in the wardens bs moveset due to the successful parry

Please stop being mad over dedicated servers when they're honestly a pure negative with no benefit to anyone not on their neighbors wifi

Wtf wait, are you telling me there is another person that understands the actually functions of dedicated servers vs a good p2p system?
Awesome, I get into an awesome pvp game just in time for the work to end! FML!!!

Delectable_Sin
03-30-2017, 10:55 PM

Orochi vs warden

How it works now

You have no clue what you're talking about. The only way what you're saying would happen is if they have client side hit detection. If they have server side hit detection, everything runs perfectly on dedicated servers, except that the person with a bad connection would suffer. As of right now, one person has a bad connection and everyone suffers but him. In fact, the laggier player has a massive advantage right now.

With dedicated servers and server side hit detection, the person with a bad connection suffers, while the other players are completely unaffected. Everyone will be at the mercy of their own connection.

P2P is trash, and the really funny thing is how everyone is under some weird misconception that FH doesn't have servers. Of course they have servers, they just don't handle the bulk of the networking since all they do is connect players for a game. Make no mistake, P2P is the absolute worst.

If you're advocating for P2P you either use a lag switch and abuse the situation, or you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Bob__Gnarly
03-30-2017, 11:00 PM
I've stopped playing like 2 weeks ago, so I guess i'm in!

EDG_Avocado
03-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Are you stupid?
This isn't a parent to child-parent relationship but a customer-business relationship.
You seriously fail as a troll

Alustar.exe
03-30-2017, 11:15 PM
You have no clue what you're talking about. The only way what you're saying would happen is if they have client side hit detection. If they have server side hit detection, everything runs perfectly on dedicated servers, except that the person with a bad connection would suffer. As of right now, one person has a bad connection and everyone suffers but him. In fact, the laggier player has a massive advantage right now.

With dedicated servers and server side hit detection, the person with a bad connection suffers, while the other players are completely unaffected. Everyone will be at the mercy of their own connection.

P2P is trash, and the really funny thing is how everyone is under some weird misconception that FH doesn't have servers. Of course they have servers, they just don't handle the bulk of the networking since all they do is connect players for a game. Make no mistake, P2P is the absolute worst.

If you're advocating for P2P you either use a lag switch and abuse the situation, or you just have no idea what you're talking about.

False? Any game I've played with dedicated servers, you get a player with a poor connection and that lag is distributed to the rest of those involved.

More importantly, are you a professional coder/networking admin? Cause if so I'd like you to establish a perfect means of connecting multiple platforms over thousands of miles while maintaining immaculate connectivity and response times for all players.

I'll admit I don't know the specifics, though I've heard from people who do and there are benefits and draw backs to each, and if the PROFESSIONALS that made this game feel it was more prudent to use the system they did, that's fine by me.

Captain-Courage
03-31-2017, 12:18 AM
False? Any game I've played with dedicated servers, you get a player with a poor connection and that lag is distributed to the rest of those involved.

More importantly, are you a professional coder/networking admin? Cause if so I'd like you to establish a perfect means of connecting multiple platforms over thousands of miles while maintaining immaculate connectivity and response times for all players.

I'll admit I don't know the specifics, though I've heard from people who do and there are benefits and draw backs to each, and if the PROFESSIONALS that made this game feel it was more prudent to use the system they did, that's fine by me.

You mean the same professionnals that designed a system where the host can see everyone's IP and kick them at will ?
The ones that designed one year ago a MMO FPS with client side trust on PC, open bar for hackers ?
Those profesionnals ?
Ahh, yeah ... Makes sense.
But being profesionnal doesn't always means being good ...

Alustar.exe
03-31-2017, 12:30 AM
You mean the same professionnals that designed a system where the host can see everyone's IP and kick them at will ?
The ones that designed one yar ago a MMO FPS with client side trust on PC, open bar for hackers ?
Those profesionnals ?
Ahh, yeah ... Makes sense.
But being profesionnal doesn't always means being good ...

Do you have the ability right now to do everything you just mentioned?
So I'm going to try this: you have a difference between what is viable and what is realistically probable.
Case and point to access and view IP information requires you to have the specified hardware/software. Both of which the average players don't have. Secondly I'm pretty sure the devas knew that and took steps to curtail this.

So I challenge you to find me 20 instances that ended in players being hacked and bumped in this tittle (for honor)

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 12:31 AM

You're completely wrong and your claim is absolute nonsense. The only time that lag gets "distributed" is if it's p2p and the laggy player is the host. It is out right impossible for lag to get "distributed" under any other circumstance. It will seem like the lag is distributed when you fight them if it's client side hit detection on the dedicated server, but that's why you have to have server side hit detection.

pancakerz
03-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Certain flamers were pretty cynical about this whole blackout thing, but it's already getting some results. The people who started this wanted to draw some attention and raise awareness. Seems to be working. (http://kotaku.com/as-for-honor-players-threaten-a-boycott-ubisoft-offers-1793843782)

The fact that you baited me into clicking a Kotaku link makes me and my computer feel violated. Keep that """journalism""" to yourself next time.

Alustar.exe
03-31-2017, 12:52 AM
You're completely wrong and your claim is absolute nonsense. The only time that lag gets "distributed" is if it's p2p and the laggy player is the host. It is out right impossible for lag to get "distributed" under any other circumstance. It will seem like the lag is distributed when you fight them if it's client side hit detection on the dedicated server, but that's why you have to have server side hit detection.
I have years worth of mmo expeience that says otherwise. Any chance you have a networking degree to back up your claims? Otherwise it's just an opinion.

Udonitron
03-31-2017, 06:49 AM
I am 100% in.

Udonitron
03-31-2017, 06:52 AM
The fact that you baited me into clicking a Kotaku link makes me and my computer feel violated. Keep that """journalism""" to yourself next time.

Oh you are one of those "if I do not believe it then it is fake news" types, eh?

A Ubisoft rep on /r/ForHonor confirmed that the For Honor team “went through all the points you raised and we will be addressing them.”

That is regarding the reddit thread.

Delectable_Sin
03-31-2017, 07:03 AM
I have years worth of mmo expeience that says otherwise. Any chance you have a networking degree to back up your claims? Otherwise it's just an opinion.

I don't care what your gaming experience is -- what you're claiming simply isn't possible. Especially since you're using mmo experience as a reference... so you're saying that servers with thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly millions of players, are effected by a single laggy connection??? Lol!!!!

I'm a network engineer for the largest ISP in my area, and have been for about 4 years now.

VanishWolfen
03-31-2017, 07:15 AM
Yes I'm in

Egotistic_Ez
03-31-2017, 08:27 AM
It'll be interesting to see if they actually answer any issues this warrior's den. Usually they just dance around them or outright insult the communty.

You're confusing overloaded servers with actual lag. And yes, there was a unit on networking in my Comp Sci Degree.

cragar212
03-31-2017, 12:13 PM
There was a long debate on reddit about p2p vs dedicated servers by people who claim to work in the industry (I don't know enough to have an opinion). It seems they settled on p2p better for duel/brawl and dedicated better for 4man. /shrug

guffffff
03-31-2017, 12:19 PM
It seems they settled on p2p better for duel/brawl and dedicated better for 4man. /shrug

Makes sense

Worldeditor666
03-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Actually I dont care if they stay on p2p or make dedicative servers. The problem is real. In all team-based multiplayer games Ive played there were possibly 1 disconnected person in every 10-15 matches (who usually reconnected in 2-5 min and most of the time reason is that player's fault) and mostly matches in that titles last much more, than 10-15 min in for honor and usually there are more people, than 8.
In For Honor I can barely recall some 4v4 matches, when noone had "left the game" and I played every day for more than a month already. Damn, I even took part in matches when everyone exept me got kicked and I had to finish it alone with bots!
I really cant understand people, who are ok with that. If you like playing with bots - there are many single player titles. But multiplayer game, that might make me loose just because 3 of my teammates just dissaper in mid-strike every 4th match has issues.
I adore the ame, but netcode has to be fixed asap (actually it should be fixed on release).
I saw Ubi responce, but I didnt see any promise - they are fixing main flaw of the game, so Im still in.

Captain-Courage
03-31-2017, 02:02 PM

That is the funniest part indeed.
No need to prove anything.
Just to let you talk for people to see how much of a joke you are.
This reference to MMO is just enough to show that you just don't know what you're talking about ...

Einherjar25
03-31-2017, 02:10 PM
This whole idea is bum in my opnion and won't achieve anything. As much as I have talked negatively about this game and how Ubi handled it, I do think they are doing the best they can with what they have and the given situation.

Mofu_Master
03-31-2017, 02:46 PM
I support it. Or, work UBI.

Shame on you.

Pope138
03-31-2017, 02:56 PM

No, I'll do whatever I want.

I'll read Kotaku, but I wasn't trying to endorse them or anything. I was just making a point that these people want to raise awareness to an issue. I'd say an article on a gaming website viewed by millions does just that.

igrocki
03-31-2017, 03:34 PM
For Honor Blackout? rotfl ..my guess, some frustrated american kid started it ... blackout ...lol .. next time dont buy and this will be best "blackout" ever...

ImSoNotSchizo
03-31-2017, 03:46 PM
i'm in

Alustar.exe
03-31-2017, 04:06 PM
It'll be interesting to see if they actually answer any issues this warrior's den. Usually they just dance around them or outright insult the communty.

You're confusing overloaded servers with actual lag. And yes, there was a unit on networking in my Comp Sci Degree.

I don't care what your gaming experience is -- what you're claiming simply isn't possible. Especially since you're using mmo experience as a reference... so you're saying that servers with thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly millions of players, are effected by a single laggy connection??? Lol!!!!

I'm a network engineer for the largest ISP in my area, and have been for about 4 years now.

So question: how would you as networking experts resolve the main problem with dedicated servers. In that the routing by an ISP doesn't always take the shortest route between access points, resulting in increased lag for players that are forced to take longer routes to get to the same connection.
This is the reason they chose not to use servers, it's easier and faster for two machines to communicate than it is to get two machines to connect to a third party and then sync up data.
Mathematically this argument seems moot, but as I said I just want to see the evidence.
And more importantly I'd like results.

Nhyr-Fr
03-31-2017, 04:37 PM
100% in

Dmochu093
03-31-2017, 04:53 PM
Every games press in Poland wrote about your protest. I saw that in other countries is similar. This can be a true blackout. Am in.

Operch
03-31-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure what this whole 'protest' is about. Match stability is better than it has been since launch, steel economy just got a major bump, the devs are now publishing a weekly blog on whats getting worked on which includes things like class balance and desynching on certain maps.

This might have been a good idea a week ago but now it just seems like you're looking for something to be outraged about. I'll be playing the game and after these recent changes I'm pretty sure most of you will be right along side of me on the 3rd of April.

Icetower
03-31-2017, 07:47 PM
I'll be playing if I feel like playing. Social media is not a determining factor in how I live my life. If you are going to boycott, have fun. I prefer PvE anyway.

AkenoKobayashi
04-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Go ahead. I'll win round 4 for the Samurai myself. We don't need other people. We get XP, steel, and assets against bots. I get 400 XP, 1000 assets most games. Wouldn't mind if you never came back either.

JesterSyxe
04-01-2017, 04:34 AM
Haven't played for at least 3 Weeks and not planing on coming back to this Cluster**** ****load of a Game. So I am in!

PumpkinK1ng
04-01-2017, 04:51 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/62n47c/the_blackout_should_not_proceed/
Looks like the blackout worked before it even started or maybe just a coincidence timing by the devs.

DragonisVocalic
04-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Definitely in. Game companies can't just simply treat their player bases like crap and get away with it. The community asked for a response from ubisoft and for a long time received nothing!.

Funny that now all of a sudden there are all these little things coming out from Ubisoft after the blackout was announced? Pfffft

rocks.cl
04-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Yep, if you say you are gonna do it you do it, so the next time they do good things BEFORE the coomunity goes beyond the limits of tolerance

Tillo.
04-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Until they deliver, proceed with the blackout. They are promising things which didn't happen since alpha.
We have tried the forums, we have tried talking support, made YouTube videos stating how awful the connection is, everything has failed. Game is still unstable. We've shown we are not satisfied, they did nothing. They took us for fools. Blamed our ISP, our router configurations, our internet configurations, etc.
April 3rd is our one true opportunity to show them how bad the situation is.

I love the game. But now it is unplayable. I would like to play uninterrupted like I do with every other game I've got.

DivineImpalerX
04-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Yeah will not play on april 3 (its nice that they increased steel income). BUT
- 35% of my 4on4 end with crashes
- Gear still not fixed
- Still no Balance patches (they can anounce em as much as they want).
- Incoming Balance patches still ignore the fact that defense is so strong (there is a reason why "high" level player tend to play bash classes (Warden/Shugoki/Conq/Warlord).
- No guard switch patches again
- Still tons of gamebreaking bugs like unparryable unlock ****
The Game has great potential but if you compare its price model with MOBA Titels you should patch stuff in the same frequence....

Cervesas
04-03-2017, 05:57 AM
I'm on board with this April 3rd thing. Unfortunately, I think there are too many things to balance, too many mechanics that co-exist for any kind of "fix." Sad.

Sad, the fact I can right now, buy Steel and outfit my character with game changing gear to the highest levels, and THAT is one of the smaller complaints the community has. Maybe not small but it has been over shadowed by so many other things at this point. This isnt even my current frustration with the game. that is a sentiment from the Closed beta.

It seems even the original idea of the blackout has been satisfied, and maybe some are right, this is not the correct response or way to communicate. However, I can't help but be skeptical with regards to future patches.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Um the blackout has been cancelled since the original complaints were addressed?

The guy who started the blackout even made a Reddit thread saying that he was cancelling it.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 06:04 AM
- No guard switch patches again

So long as you don't spam guard switch before the point, guardswitch is even across the board https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSWm4YIPd1U watch the video through and you get raider switching guard against valkyrie and nobushi against peacekeeper.

LordEythir
04-03-2017, 06:11 AM
It's so great reading the posts from people who are 100% sure the game is perfect and we are all NUtzo.... god bless em.

JayyRupp
04-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Yeah this won't work. A day? That's almost funny. It would take weeks to get Ubi's attention.

Aidames
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm already not playing, had enough of the Network errors. I'm gonna keep an eye out on it and will be back after it is way more stable.

gNarNar
04-03-2017, 09:00 PM
i dont want to do the blackout, i honestly really like the game and i have a blast playng it and im actually good at it. But man this stuff has to stop....

Prior_Heahmund
04-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah!! Im not going to use something that I already paid for!!! That will teach them...fools.