PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Overhaul Needed!

Draco_Nightstar
03-29-2017, 09:10 PM
So we all know at this point what the problems are with the current faction war mechanic and how it will just get worse with the next season if it isn't fixed. So I'd like to start a discussion for ideas on how to fix and come up with solutions to the problems instead of just hash over and over the problems.

1. The faction war should have a reason for playing every day of every hour instead of just the last day of the round. There should be a mechanic in place that rewards people for how involved they are on a daily basis. If you play a lot and deploy a lot of assets, you should get a reward at the end of the season and round, for your involvement. In this way you also don't have seasons and rounds where a certain faction that is down and out feels like there is no reason to care any more and must wait till the next season. This also helps make it more fair for those that care and those that don't on getting involved in the faction war, even if they are on a losing team. Solution is to have a reward mechanic for the round and season win as well as an involvement reward. Here again involvement is based on how much you play, and how many assets you deploy, not who's winning or losing. That's a different reward system.

2. There needs to be a system in place to reward the underdogs better that is clearly seen and understood. In this way, it might be worth playing the Knights next season. If you don't have something to motivate, then everyone will just go play Samurai next season cause they always win and the faction war will be broken. This will continue to spiral until it is complete nonsense to even have a faction war mechanic cause if you want to win, you have to play Samurai. I've seen this happen with multiple PVP games.

3. What are the rewards? It would really help motivate people to get involved if you could actually see and know what it is you are fighting for. Right now I'm guessing that there's a great COD piece for the winner, but I don't know what exactly that is and why I should care. There should be a season window kind of like Diablo3, where those rewards and wins are there to motivate people on a daily basis to get involved and care.

4. The territory swings should not be able to be decided on the last day of the last hour by a swamp of players crashing the servers. It should be a methodical slow push through the entire 15 days that make the entire round matter. In this way it creates temporary alliances and politics against the winners to slow them down by the other teams cause you can actually see the movement and have better control of it. Better counter-balance mechanics. Add bonus events for the underdogs so that they have a way to catch up if they get too far behind. Daimyo assassination or a political move or a push event to push back the zerg or surge.

These are some of my ideas. What are yours? We want to hear your solutions, not just whining.

SplugeKing
03-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Agreed the last few days are the only thing that matters and it shouldn't be that way. Plain laziness from the dev team

janstorm2009
03-30-2017, 02:42 AM
There is zero incentive for us to want to participate in the faction war. It sounded like such a cool idea, but nothing makes any difference until the last few hours. Complete bummer.

KotoKuraken
03-30-2017, 04:51 AM
Yea, it kinda sucks when only the last few hours make a difference in the entirety of the Faction War.
Could spell disaster.
You know, like when someone decides to perform maintenance on the servers during the entirety of the most crucial turn.

ninjacut
03-30-2017, 07:01 AM
I don't know for sure, but I think Ubisoft once said (or at least I read that anywere) there will be a change in the mechanics of the faction war within next season because they are aware that right now it makes no sense when the last hours are relative for the whole round. But right now it would be impossible to make any changes while the season is still runnig.

As said above, I don't know for sure.

Illyrian_King
03-30-2017, 04:02 PM
100% true

Talyx82
04-10-2017, 01:51 AM
The Faction War is frustratingly ignorant in their design. Everyone knows PvP is full of rage-quitters, and that when you allow people choice based on a theme, the numbers don't ever end up as well distributed because human minds and preferences are not mathematically evenly distributed. All the losing factions will ever see is greater losses (ie Knights on PS4). There are fewer and fewer that bother playing, because people on the vikings can play 24/7 with no real responsibilities and there are simply more people on both the Vikings and Samurai. There needs to be , like OP said, a redesign in the calculation. I'm less upset with the last few hours problem (which is a problem) than the fact I have no reason to participate because my faction averages around 5-7 territories the entire time since we are so outnumbered. Waiting for "next season" is another huge mistake for Ubisoft, because they are losing players while they sit on their thumbs to make a change that forces people away from this game when that design never should have rolled out in the first place.

UbiJurassic
04-10-2017, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the Faction War! We are always looking for ways to make the Faction War a better, more engaging experience.