PDA

View Full Version : Campaign File Corruption

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Last night I had a real hard time starting my campaign - XP would indicate an error and abort the game. Tried several times and eventually got it to work. After a successful mission, an error occurred again when I tried to save. Played the game in Quick Mission and every seemed fine.

I concluded that my campaign file(s) was corrupted and I chose to delete my current (second) campaign (IL-2). I have since started playing a different Russian fighter campaign.

Has this happened to anyone else? I suspect a "glitch" occured the last time I saved the file.

P.S. While I was into my 10th or so mission, I was starting to miss the excitement of dogfighting. Notwithstanding it was a nice change of pace for a while to destroy ground targets with the IL-2 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Last night I had a real hard time starting my campaign - XP would indicate an error and abort the game. Tried several times and eventually got it to work. After a successful mission, an error occurred again when I tried to save. Played the game in Quick Mission and every seemed fine.

I concluded that my campaign file(s) was corrupted and I chose to delete my current (second) campaign (IL-2). I have since started playing a different Russian fighter campaign.

Has this happened to anyone else? I suspect a "glitch" occured the last time I saved the file.

P.S. While I was into my 10th or so mission, I was starting to miss the excitement of dogfighting. Notwithstanding it was a nice change of pace for a while to destroy ground targets with the IL-2 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies - just kiddin' guys /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Discovered last night after running a program called memTest that I have faulty RDRAM. This would explains why my system becomes unstable, especially running large programs like this game (I have 1GB of memory - I suspect the first 512 MB might be OK).

Just to let the community know in case anyone has similar problems. I un-installed the game (thinking it was corrupted), but couldn't re-install because I believe the large *.cab files trying to be copied into RAM were being corrupted when written to the harddisk. I have been experiencing such file corruption in the FAT table for about 3 weeks now.

Darn RAM /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
yes its actually happened to me too but when i was flying one of the Yak campaigns and the weird thing about it is i have the very same game loaded onto another computer and it plays fine. so i uninstalled the game from my computer and reinstalled it and everything seems to be fine now. this was in the pre-patch days by the way, before FB even had the first patch available. strange indeed..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg