PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed guardbreak after blocking an Orochi?

PepsiBeastin
03-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Can someone test this for me? I've been noticing more and more that after I have a basic light or heavy get blocked (NOT parried) and the enemy instantly goes for a guardbreak, the game does not allow me to counter it. I don't know if this some feature I've missed or what, but if Orochi's recovery time is so **** that I can't even counter a guardbreak because I'm still recovering from my sword bouncing off the enemy's block, then something is seriously not right.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 11:20 PM
You're sure they're blocked and not parried?

PepsiBeastin
03-27-2017, 11:44 PM
You're sure they're blocked and not parried?

I don't wanna seem disrespectful but I know the difference between the two. I'm definitely getting blocked, and before I can dodge or throw another attack I get guardbroken. I know if you're guardbroken during a heavy you can't stop it, but even when I'm trying to do a light attack the guardbreak slips in before I can get one out, and I don't have an opportunity to counter.

secrecy274
03-28-2017, 12:24 AM
I don't wanna seem disrespectful but I know the difference between the two. I'm definitely getting blocked, and before I can dodge or throw another attack I get guardbroken. I know if you're guardbroken during a heavy you can't stop it, but even when I'm trying to do a light attack the guardbreak slips in before I can get one out, and I don't have an opportunity to counter.

No disrespect, but a lot of people don't learn the basic before they whine on the forum (I'm guilty of this myself)
As for you problem, is it only against a specific character?
Cause I know for a fact that I've tried to GB Orochis before, after a blocked heavy, only to get a light to the face or CGB.

xRocketfishx
03-28-2017, 12:28 AM
I main Orochi and I have always wondered about this as I've noticed it from day 1. The timing for CGB is also a little questionable along with how extremely poor there footing is around ledges, if your toe hangs over you fall while majority of other warriors can damn near have a foot hanging off and won't fall. But I guess an assassin samurai isn't sure footed lol

PepsiBeastin
03-28-2017, 12:37 AM
No disrespect, but a lot of people don't learn the basic before they whine on the forum (I'm guilty of this myself)
As for you problem, is it only against a specific character?
Cause I know for a fact that I've tried to GB Orochis before, after a blocked heavy, only to get a light to the face or CGB.

The two I remember it happening against for sure were Conq and Warden. With what you've said, and knowing how bad Orochi recovery times are already, it could be possible that when an opponent with bad connection fights an Orochi, maybe the latency eats away at Orochi reaction time? I'm not sure, but this is definitely something that's happening.