PDA

View Full Version : What if we could dodge out of a Guard Break?

Apaolo_
03-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Hear me out. What instead of countering a GB we could just dodge out of it? For some reason no matter how hard I try I'm terrible at countering a GB. Half the problem is on the controller, I can't react fast enough to get my thumb off the stick to hit the button. I always go for a dodge which seems easier to hit for me.

What do you guys think?

chiller2k3
03-27-2017, 03:59 PM
No, I was like you and just trained it. It's not that hard if you have trained the muscle memory. you can by the way spam the GB button to get the CGB out.

I can recommend a custom game with a lvl 3 Peacekeeper on 99 Rounds. You don't have to kill her if you are not able to, just try to block (maybe even parry if you want to train your parries) and CGB. The PK on lvl 3 GB a lot so it's good training for CGB. Also that you have to use the stick to block, you train the thumb to go from the stick to the X button and spam it.

Cheers

PS: the second good thing here, you will have A LOT less troubles with these Peacekeepers on the battle field ;)

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 04:01 PM
How about: Hell no.
GB is a counter to dodge. If you can't CGB (Counter Guard Break), that's on you. Dodge is already too rewarding for some characters, this would only make it more in their favor.

Btw, if you try to dodge when they try to GB you, no wonder you can't CGB. GB's are uncounterable when you're dodging.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Hear me out. What instead of countering a GB we could just dodge out of it? For some reason no matter how hard I try I'm terrible at countering a GB. Half the problem is on the controller, I can't react fast enough to get my thumb off the stick to hit the button. I always go for a dodge which seems easier to hit for me.

What do you guys think?
Ok I'll give you a few tips. (This is what i did)

Fight a level 3 orochi bot or any character you have a hard time with for me it was orochi and just DEFEND YOURSELF. you kill 2 birds with one stone.you learn how fight that class and you learn cgb

Next if your still having a hard time cgb you can change your remotes keybinds (ps4 can do it idk about xbox) and bind your square to R3. It gets some getting use to but it works

Apaolo_
03-27-2017, 04:18 PM
The thing is I can easily counter GB with bots because I'm looking for it. In duels for some reason I can't react fast enough. People are really good at feinting into it and I'm so busy trying to do my stuff that I can't react fast enough. I really need to find a way to rebind my controller (xbox 360) so I can bind it to a button that's easier to reach.

FroZZenT
03-27-2017, 04:27 PM
How about: Hell no.
GB is a counter to dodge. If you can't CGB (Counter Guard Break), that's on you. Dodge is already too rewarding for some characters, this would only make it more in their favor.

Btw, if you try to dodge when they try to GB you, no wonder you can't CGB. GB's are uncounterable when you're dodging.

see the problem with dodge is that you can get a free GB on one that is doing a dodge, and that is a bug and that is why you see many players is starting to just sidestep, BTW GB have never been a counter for dodging.

GB is meant as a counter for block or full block not dodge

dayLockey
03-27-2017, 04:39 PM
see the problem with dodge is that you can get a free GB on one that is doing a dodge, and that is a bug and that is why you see many players is starting to just sidestep, BTW GB have never been a counter for dodging.

How is this a bug? GB is a counter to people who don't CGB, simple as that. CGB takes a little practice and situational awareness. If you make an incorrect read and dodge preemptively, you are punished by a GB since you can't be punished by most attacks. Many heroes already have immense utility off their dodge, to give them immunity to GB as well would put them over the top.

If you're struggling to CGB that is on you to practice and improve your reactions and awareness. Requesting major gameplay mechanic overhaul due to player inexperience is probably the worst decision Ubi could make right now.

secrecy274
03-27-2017, 05:10 PM

...I know.
"GB's are uncounterable when you're dodging."
Please, show me exacly where the Devs have stated it's not intended.
Dodge and Block are the two basic forms of defense in this game, GB is a way to break through someones defenses.

supertaco0
03-27-2017, 06:28 PM
GB are already extremely easy to counter, being able to dodge out of them would break the game considering the counter to dodging is GB

Casper5632
03-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Hear me out. What instead of parrying an attack we could just get the free counter automatically? For some reason no matter how hard I try I'm terrible at parrying. Half the problem is on the controller, I can't react fast enough to get my thumb off the bumper to hit the trigger.