PDA

View Full Version : @ UBISOFT - I am requesting a full refund.

Thanapetus
03-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Dear UbiSOFT:

Dear Community Manager:

This post is to notify you that about a problem I am having with the For Honor that I digitally purchased through Playstation Store online story on 02/11/17.

I am dissatisfied with your For Honor because of rampant disconnects. I have already attempted to resolve this problem by testing out other games (Overwatch and Mortal Kombat) and I have no problems with connectivity. I have additionally contacted my ISP and after detailed investigation it was decided that it was on your end and by your end, For Honor. As you can tell on my profile, I have been unable to connect to the game for 3 days.

Unfortunately, the problem remains unresolved. I am hereby requesting that you refund:

1) Refund my Gold Preorder

2) Season Pass

3) Steel Crates

Please contact me within 3 days to confirm that you will honor my request. I have prepared a complaint for submission to the proper agencies for investigation. I will not file the complaint if you resolve the problem within this time period I have indicated. I understand that if you initiate the refund that I will permanently lose access to the game, servers and forums.

In addition, telling me that I have to go through Playstation to initiate my refund and Playstation telling me that I have to go through the gaming company only leads to impleading both of you. As the game was purchased by digital download, you can easily ban my access as the same as a cheater. I want to avoid your ADR route if possible, as I know it is curtailed to penalize the Movant. I especially do not wish to appeal the inevitable arbitration decision and take you to court for a few hundred dollars. We both know that for you to retain an attorney in my jurisdiction to fight your forum selection clause it will cost MORE than that, even to file a motion for summary judgement. As it stands as of 03/24/17, it was still $375 and that is much more than what I am asking in a refund.

I have additionally contacted your tech support 6 times regarding this issue and was constantly told NOT their issue. It is on my end which is false.

Please respond asap via private message or my affiliated email address so we can come to a mutual and cost effective solution for both parties. I am willing to sign a NDA and will subscribe to a permanent ban from your services in the future if you decide favorably for me.

Sincerely,
T

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Dear UbiSOFT:

Dear Community Manager:

This post is to notify you that about a problem I am having with the For Honor that I digitally purchased through Playstation Store online story on 02/11/17.

I am dissatisfied with your For Honor because of rampant disconnects. I have already attempted to resolve this problem by testing out other games (Overwatch and Mortal Kombat) and I have no problems with connectivity. I have additionally contacted my ISP and after detailed investigation it was decided that it was on your end and by your end, For Honor. As you can tell on my profile, I have been unable to connect to the game for 3 days.

Unfortunately, the problem remains unresolved. I am hereby requesting that you refund:

1) Refund my Gold Preorder

2) Season Pass

3) Steel Crates

Please contact me within 3 days to confirm that you will honor my request. I have prepared a complaint for submission to the proper agencies for investigation. I will not file the complaint if you resolve the problem within this time period I have indicated. I understand that if you initiate the refund that I will permanently lose access to the game, servers and forums.

In addition, telling me that I have to go through Playstation to initiate my refund and Playstation telling me that I have to go through the gaming company only leads to impleading both of you. As the game was purchased by digital download, you can easily ban my access as the same as a cheater. I want to avoid your ADR route if possible, as I know it is curtailed to penalize the Movant. I especially do not wish to appeal the inevitable arbitration decision and take you to court for a few hundred dollars. We both know that for you to retain an attorney in my jurisdiction to fight your forum selection clause it will cost MORE than that, even to file a motion for summary judgement. As it stands as of 03/24/17, it was still $375 and that is much more than what I am asking in a refund.

I have additionally contacted your tech support 6 times regarding this issue and was constantly told NOT their issue. It is on my end which is false.

Please respond asap via private message or my affiliated email address so we can come to a mutual and cost effective solution for both parties. I am willing to sign a NDA and will subscribe to a permanent ban from your services in the future if you decide favorably for me.

Sincerely,
T

You should read their Terms of Service in which it clearly says "No refunds after 6 days of owning the game", which you signed by pressing the download button.

Lol'd.

Also you should probably try customer support ticket instead of forums, as forums are meant for people to laugh at you, not for resolving refund cases.

Also just to antagonize you further, even if yu still go ahead and submit a court case (which is throwing away good money after bad money, since you signed the Terms of Service and you hold the game for longer than 6 days), a company legaly has no obligations to even reply to your email for the first 6 months, than can delay the judicial process for another half a year... etc.

In short - have fun with your delusion :rolleyes:

Thanapetus
03-26-2017, 06:48 PM
You should read their Terms of Service in which it clearly says "No refunds after 6 days of owning the game", which you signed by pressing the download button.

Lol'd.

Also you should probably try customer support ticket instead of forums, as forums are meant for people to laugh at you, not for resolving refund cases

Actually if you read their terms of service they have a dispute form and arbitration form for just this scenario. In addition, UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) is what determines law based upon court precedents. There are several examples of Terms of Service being overwritten by law in cases such as these when a service is being paid for but denied for reasons outside of rule violations.

If I can not USE the service and I am not banned (which I am not) then I should have access. I have multiple examples of UBISOFT tech support telling me my account is in good standing. Yet, as of Thursday Night, I am unable to play. I have tried customer support multiple times and they have not given me a workaround and keep blaming my ISP. I even initiated a 3 way conference with my ISP and UBISOFT to which UBISOFT immediately disconnected the call and refused to be a part of it.

Tell me then, does that warrant a refund? I say it does. there are multiple court precedents that agree with me. I am asking for a refund because I am not sure UBISOFT can correct the disconnects.

DizzleFresh13
03-26-2017, 07:01 PM
You sound legit but you're not. Call a lawyer and sue them in court. Expect to spend a lot more money to win that petty $100+ back. Or maybe, the lawyer will be smart and turn it into a class action lawsuit. Then, we'll all get $2 or $3 bucks in the mail.

EDG_Avocado
03-26-2017, 08:08 PM
o nice, do keep us updated, we want to know what ubi does

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Actually if you read their terms of service they have a dispute form and arbitration form for just this scenario. In addition, UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) is what determines law based upon court precedents. There are several examples of Terms of Service being overwritten by law in cases such as these when a service is being paid for but denied for reasons outside of rule violations.

If I can not USE the service and I am not banned (which I am not) then I should have access. I have multiple examples of UBISOFT tech support telling me my account is in good standing. Yet, as of Thursday Night, I am unable to play. I have tried customer support multiple times and they have not given me a workaround and keep blaming my ISP. I even initiated a 3 way conference with my ISP and UBISOFT to which UBISOFT immediately disconnected the call and refused to be a part of it.

Tell me then, does that warrant a refund? I say it does. there are multiple court precedents that agree with me. I am asking for a refund because I am not sure UBISOFT can correct the disconnects.

Don't worry about him. His nickname, MassiveD which stands for Massive **** which refers to his personality and not that other thing he would have us believe.....

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Guess what you're not getting it hahah

cragar212
03-26-2017, 09:39 PM
The fact you posted this on a public forum to try get attention is just sad.

Go outside or something.

Thanapetus
03-26-2017, 09:47 PM
It's a shame you white knights are rushing to the defense of a company that has neglected all of us. To those of you who have not experienced any problems, congratulations. However, those of us who are experiencing these issues repeatedly want some sort of reprieve. I should not be surprised, most of you naysayers do not pay for most things anyway, you rely on your parents to do so. I remember the old internet formula

Person + anonymity = ahole.

This is similar to purchasing a physical product and having multiple issues with it not operating as advertised, you bring it back to the retailer who says we cant refund you need to send it in to the manufacturer who then says you bought it from the retail outlet and it is their problem. If you cant see how this behavior is wrong, then there is no use in trying to convince you as you are the lost little "sheeple" that deserves companies stealing from you.

I am generally terrified for our future with some of the moronic posts condemning someone who is not satisfied with a product.

Moondyne_MC
03-27-2017, 12:13 AM
As far as I'm aware, video games (including digital downloads) fall under Electronic Consumer Law, which of course differs from country to country, but does dictate that a refund/replacement may be issued if a product is genuinely faulty, which has happened in the past with several video games upon launch, so I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's so ludicrous. The connection issues prevalent in this game (I for example suddenly and randomly disconnect from 80%+ of my matches before completion) would absolutely warrant a refund under the pretense of a faulty product.

DvlDawg15
03-27-2017, 10:59 PM
The game works fine. Actually it works as intended. The p2p method of creating lobbies kinda screws your argument. They are not hosting the servers and your connection loss is relevant only to the isp of you and the "host".

You had a solid argument until you forgot the absence of dedicated servers removed any fault from the company.

We.the.North
03-27-2017, 11:27 PM

This is exactly what the problem is for Ubisoft. They dont care about a little $$ refund and they would probably win in court. But, what truely hurts them, is the bad reputation that comes from this. Have you ever heard of United Airlines and the trouble they had after they "broke a guitar" ?? They wouldn't pay back owner for it and so, the guy made a youtube video about it, viewed by millions of people. That cost the company greatly (and the dude who made the video actually got rich out of it since it went viral).

Here's the video of United Airlines PR fiasco :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Now, I'm pretty sure this claim wont go viral, but it's not the only angry customer I've seen about Ubisoft's For Honor game and in the long run, Ubisoft is creating a negative market image that will decrease and decrease their future revenues ... something they defenetly dont need since Vivendi is at their doorstep with a battering ram made of money.

Gray360UK
03-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Just a reminder Thanapetus, you posted this in the 'Your Greatest For Honor Moments' thread:

Simple:

Making a forum warrior here rage quit on me 4 times in duels.
28-0 on Highfort because people kept coming one at a time across bridge to C while I was on lawbringer
Taking 3v1 w/o revenge on Shugoki by bringing them into Thunderdome...IE back room on Citadel Gate A point
Getting my first hate message by a rank 18 ish Orochi by landing Crushing Counter every time he went up top.
Taking people 4v1 w.o revenge in Thunderdome on my Valk using firebomb and blocking exit
Numerous times I used Catapult to wipe out people rezzing others
winning 11 straight duel matches on my lawbringer

But you can't play the game, right? :rolleyes:

RatedChaotic
03-28-2017, 12:58 AM
Ouch! That will hurt your case very much. Good find Grey360uk.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 01:01 AM
*facepalm*

Another forum whine baby cought straight up lying, how embarassing for people who supported him tho :rolleyes:

teksuo1
03-28-2017, 05:26 AM
I have prepared a complaint for submission to the proper agencies for investigation.

gotem'

IIII 47 IIII
03-28-2017, 05:33 AM
Yea you're f***ed. You shouldn't of posted how you were playing the game you claim you CANT play. If I were Ubi, I'd accept your lawsuit and after you've been thoroughly slapped down, I'd counter sue your punk *** just to send a message. This is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit. You deserve every bit of negativity that heads your way.

Delectable_Sin
03-28-2017, 05:56 AM
TS, all you have to do is call the credit card company and tell them the game is totally different than you thought it would be and ask for a refund. They'll pull the funds and refund you with no hassle at all. You get to do that 1-2 times per year depending on your bank.

MassiveD.
03-28-2017, 10:59 AM
TS, all you have to do is call the credit card company and tell them the game is totally different than you thought it would be and ask for a refund. They'll pull the funds and refund you with no hassle at all. You get to do that 1-2 times per year depending on your bank.

Rubbish, that only works within the first 2 days of purchase, in other worse they can only stop the transaction, but once it oops into destination account, they can no longer rip it out and give you back

NeoLocutus
03-28-2017, 11:16 AM
It's a shame you white knights

Let me rephrase that for you: it's actually called "lame damage control by Ubisoft".
These users are like the ones that companies pay to throw 5-stars reviews of their lame apps on App Store and Google Play. I see it all the time.

But I agree with him on one point: I don't believe you'll get a refund at all. Don't waste time and money, just throw this game away and don't buy anything more from this company and our problems will be solved.

I am generally terrified for our future with some of the moronic posts condemning someone who is not satisfied with a product.

Sure, me too. This means that more effort is being put in shutting up and\or discrediting unsatisfied users, than fixing this game.

Plutonium Bug
03-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Pretty sure this is you https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Thanapetus
More time played then me.

I think I will nominate Thanapetus for the internet troll of the month.

Time Played 4d 9h 25m #1,075 - Top 2%
Wins  346 #1,346 - Top 12%
Losses 172 #5,889 - Top 23%
Games Played 518 #10,776 - Top 15%

Oh and these stats are only PvP not vs Bots or story mode. So you have spend over 4 days in PvP

FightingFerrets
03-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Just a reminder Thanapetus, you posted this in the 'Your Greatest For Honor Moments' thread:

OMG...that's golden....

PRAETORlAN
03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/aSTJbOerwCKqc/giphy.gif

Thanapetus
03-28-2017, 11:59 PM

1) i havent been able to play since last thursday.
2) i can not connect to the game
3) my account is in good standing
4) i have performed die diligence by trying to get my isp to double check for packet loss and my isp cannot find anything

4a) called a friend to bring over his ps4 unit and try to log in on my internet and he experienced 0 problems he also tried mortal kombat and overwatch
4b) i can play the division with no problems

You and the rest of the white knight cucks can try and refute/diminish my legal request. That wont stop me from standing up for my rights.

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 01:09 AM
1) i havent been able to play since last thursday.
2) i can not connect to the game
3) my account is in good standing
4) i have performed die diligence by trying to get my isp to double check for packet loss and my isp cannot find anything

4a) called a friend to bring over his ps4 unit and try to log in on my internet and he experienced 0 problems he also tried mortal kombat and overwatch
4b) i can play the division with no problems

You and the rest of the white knight cucks can try and refute/diminish my legal request. That wont stop me from standing up for my rights.

As it stands we only have your word for it that you didn't stop playing on Thursday because Mass Effect Andromeda came out, or you got bored. You won't get a refund for a game you have played for days and days. We could all just play games until we got bored / something else came out and then demand a full refund. Nice idea, not gonna happen.

MagicTyrant
03-29-2017, 01:18 AM

You know what they are going to do...... Push him off a ledge:)

Gwynbleidd
03-30-2017, 04:09 AM
Thread Closed - Off Topic / Trolling

If you're in need of assistance from Ubisoft Support, please go to the support website and submit a live chat or ticket and an agent can assist you further.