PDA

View Full Version : c'mon man

blkTrunkslvl10
03-26-2017, 07:58 AM
This game needs to be more skilled, meaning consequences for those who spam the same thing over and over. Not to mention the ones who turn their lag b.s. on. example: Spaming same move uses twice as much stamina or something...

gringojay
03-26-2017, 01:24 PM
This game needs to be more skilled, meaning consequences for those who spam the same thing over and over. Not to mention the ones who turn their lag b.s. on. example: Spaming same move uses twice as much stamina or something...

The consequences are that your opponent will be predictable, allowing you to punish their health bar.
I realise that there are some combos that can be hard to break, but there is a counter to everything. Also it's important to realise that every character has spammable moves, or guaranteed hits, including which ever one you're playing.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Wrong, not every character has spammable moves, (zerker for instance).
You don't need spammable moves to fix turtle meta. I think you could fix it if you added damage on block. Everyone would be forced to parry then.

gringojay
03-27-2017, 12:22 AM
Wrong, not every character has spammable moves, (zerker for instance).
You don't need spammable moves to fix turtle meta. I think you could fix it if you added damage on block. Everyone would be forced to parry then.

what;s this turtle meta? people playing defensively? yeah you should probably have a bit of defense if you want to win..... don't understand this mentality at all, turtle meta.... absolute joke.

the arguement could be made that zerkers are so versatile in their attacks that they really don't need a guaranteed hit move. I have never felt any character had an advantage, everything is counterable.

I disagree with the sentiment of your message, let alone the point. forcing everyone to parry everything would only make people more defensive, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of your own point?

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Tell the peacekeeper who tried light spamming me berserkers don't have spammable moves and you likely won't get a polite answer given next round I killed him with a front dash heavy and a single attack chain (I felt dirty but also kind of pleased given I lost that way the previous round).

On a more serious note, berserkers have a lot of options, dodge soft cancels which means your attack direction changes quicker than most, some of the quicker feints that I have seen (seriously heavy hard feint opposite direction light gets success as does heavy feint gaurdbreak), there are options. I'm pretty sure there are others that I haven't mentioned, I picked up the berserker a couple nights ago and only today met people who can shut my regular play down.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-27-2017, 12:40 AM
what;s this turtle meta? people playing defensively? yeah you should probably have a bit of defense if you want to win..... don't understand this mentality at all, turtle meta.... absolute joke.

the arguement could be made that zerkers are so versatile in their attacks that they really don't need a guaranteed hit move. I have never felt any character had an advantage, everything is counterable.

I disagree with the sentiment of your message, let alone the point. forcing everyone to parry everything would only make people more defensive, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of your own point?

Let me explain. Turtle meta refers to defense being too strong, (as devs already said it). If you read the forum you will get familiar with such terms as vortex, turtle meta, etc.
If you add damage on block. Block would not always be the better choice to defend against good feinters. I can not explain that in words but if you watch good players fight, (you can see tru3t41ent or Petemoo, for i.e.), you will see how every move is calculated and how being too agresive will get you killed %100 of the times.
However, if you make parry an even more important tool on defense, feints will be, consequently, a more important tool also, but in the offense, resulting in a more agressive game.

gringojay
03-27-2017, 01:23 AM
Let me explain. Turtle meta refers to defense being too strong, (as devs already said it). If you read the forum you will get familiar with such terms as vortex, turtle meta, etc.
If you add damage on block. Block would not always be the better choice to defend against good feinters. I can not explain that in words but if you watch good players fight, (you can see tru3t41ent or Petemoo, for i.e.), you will see how every move is calculated and how being too agresive will get you killed %100 of the times.
However, if you make parry an even more important tool on defense, feints will be, consequently, a more important tool also, but in the offense, resulting in a more agressive game.

Oh you're talking about high high level play. From what i've seen most people always go for parries anyway because of the advantage it gives you. In my skill bracket I don't come across these problems. My sarcasm was mis/interpreted for lack of knowledge..... so thanks for not being a d**ck :)