PDA

View Full Version : Balance The Game Quickly or All Is For Not...

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 03:29 AM
Let me start off by saying I LOVE this game...it is a refreshing change from the daily FPS's etc, which while I do enjoy, that can tend to grow stale and need a break from.
I played 4 closed tests for this along with the open BETA and there were quite a few improvements.
However the MAJOR pooping elephant in the room for this game, at this very point, is the terrible balance between characters and the now leaning stance of a hack and slash game with Super Street Fighter II repetitive attack mechanics.
<- -> AB ^ <- -> AB ^ ad nauseum repeat repeat repeat.

This game literally is a fluid moving game of chess, or at least it should and could be, if they would just balance the bloody characters and force people to fight with care, caution, precision, and tact.
As it stands now, most people choose heavy attackers and just spam the same 4 moves over and over again and if they get you into a corner it is just the same dazing bash followed by repeat heavy attacks and then more dazed hits, repeat repeat repeat. It ruins the fluidity of the game and just attracts the player types who love to be trolls via spamming the same almost non-defendable attacks (which they know clearly is the case) until they win followed by trash talk and taunts. You do not want to cater to these types (the very same ones who ruined the Division via the DZ) but rather weed them out and make sure this game appeals to those who want to use skill and thought via reading your opponent and having a chess based match.
These are the people that will carry this game forward and give it longevity as the troll spamming types will get soon grow bored of the left right shield bash upper repeat attacks soon enough and stop playing once they have had their short lived thrill of ganking everyone with no real thought or pleasure in a tactful match. You do not want this, Ubisoft, nor would or should this ever be considered as a good title for sanction competitive gameplay (but it could be!)

What I cannot seem to understand is how the developers thought that there is good balance in seemingly giving the heavy attackers longer stamina spurts paired with heavier attacks and somehow that balances out with giving the light attackers slower speed, terrible quick drain stamina, and a harder time to defend against these heavy attack & daze spammers.
Honestly, lighter slimmer people should have a ton more stamina, be more agile, but do less damage while the heavies should gass out of stamina far quicker, be slow, but deliver more damage per hit however that is not the case as this game sits currently and I suspect this is why so many have already stopped playing. Why can you not realize that you do not see huge muscular types running in 10k+ marathons nor do you see marathon runners entering into clean and jerk contests. It honestly does not take much ponderance to realize the game is in some alternate universe in its current state and needs a serious consideration into balance.

Start by making the attack + guard break specials limited to one use per 10-15 seconds so they cannot be repeatedly used and spammed along with 3 hit revenge mode spamming. Also, an idea of changing the heavy chain attacks to cause greater stamina costs so they are used more wisely and at more precise times would greatly contribute to more thinking and reservations vs catering to button mashing macro users who just want to do the same move over and over again...weed these people out, Ubisoft, as they honestly are the cancer in your game in this current state and if you do not acknowledge and try to do something about this player type, the game will have been a serious waste of time and that really is quite sad if so.
You have created something truly awesome and original here so please think, use caution, and CHOOSE who you really want to cater to with this title...you want it to gas out with the spammers or have stamina with those who want to play a good game of literal bloody chess?
No one gets sick of a good chess match.

massive02
03-26-2017, 04:49 AM
We all want this patch out as soon as possible. If we we go by their track record; This balance patch should be coming out next Thurs or Fri. I think where ubisoft went wrong was having too short of a beta test period. But looking at what they have planned based on that dlc trailer, there is still hope for this game.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 05:06 AM
Oh there is a balance patch due next week?
I didn't realize this...are there details on it?

Delectable_Sin
03-26-2017, 08:27 AM
Oh there is a balance patch due next week?
I didn't realize this...are there details on it?

They said they're changing the Zerker, LB, and one other class I can't remember.

x_Senduko_x
03-26-2017, 08:56 AM
They said they're changing the Zerker, LB, and one other class I can't remember.

I think to remember that they include the raider in this watchover. But i think the raider needs it the zerker in my opinion dont. I dont play him but a good zerker shredds u in seconds and a Bad dont even touch u. Lawbringer is in my opinion a special char to balance. He has the same issue like my kensei to get offensive againt passive player or Turtles. But, i hope that they dont do the same **** like on the warden that his bash get the same status like the wardens. That Were the wrong way to buff him. Generaly i think no Class need massives buffs, the only thing they have to do is to readjust the currently 4 s-class chars. And they doenst have to get nerfed hard. Just take some safe moves Form them and its fine. And maybe a bit More faster side Lights on the kensei :P

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Good.
Changes in the form of nerfs I hope and I sure hope the other one is the Conqueror with his repeat spiderman jumps followed by shield and head butts.
They need to reduce the special guard breaks via a timer along with lessening the stamina of the heavies and increasing it for the light attackers.

RoosterIlluzion
03-26-2017, 11:37 AM
For naught. TL,DR.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Good catch!
Need to write it on the PC vs my phone next time lol.

UCFierce
03-26-2017, 11:26 PM
And here I thought the thread was directed at the absurd balance between gear scores on differing teams -
I main a Prestige 6 Gear Level 108 PeaceKeeper and I love beating up on opposing noobs as much as anyone BUT at SOME point the gear score imbalance in game modes like Player vs Player Dominion is EXCESSIVE. TOO MANY times there are four 108s on one team and four sub Prestige players comprising the balance of the opposing team.

And with the current Gear Score imbalance it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to start a new hero and level them up in any Dominion mode.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 11:59 PM
That too...just add it to the list of imbalances, right?

UbiJurassic
03-27-2017, 02:41 AM
Hero balance and matchmaking imbalance are both things that the team is looking to implement fixes for soon. We hope to have more information to share with everyone very soon.

Udonitron
03-27-2017, 02:47 AM
Me too!

nihil0pera
03-27-2017, 05:46 AM
... soon. ... soon.

Changes will not come "soon" with the use of "soon".