PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Hits Negative Status in under a month on Steam. Ubisoft failed us again.

Varangian_Wolf
03-25-2017, 08:41 PM
This game had the potential to be one of the greatest games made in this genre ever.... and you dropped the ball so hard you could hear the hearts of the entire gaming community shatter as it happened.

So everyone has been talking and complaining and SCREAMING at Ubisoft about the poor release here with For Honor, and the poor balance and the absolutely atrocious servers since release; and ACTUALLY as a tester for most of last year; I can personally tell you that we had been complaining about those VERY THINGS for literally the entire testing period.

Well Ubi, you have maintained strict silence and have not talked about any of these things openly with your community. You haven't offered us solutions. You haven't given us a reason for your incompetence. You haven't even apologized to your player base who, some of us, forked over 100 dollars US for the game plus the pass!!!

There has been no compensation for your lies or your failure. There has been NOTHING.

A few weeks ago, I started making a post and updated it every few days regarding your trend in the Steam Market on the Review Section. I predicted you would last a week before your reviews tilted to the negatives more than positives. I was wrong. You lasted two weeks. So, congratulations. This beautiful, hyped, actually wonderfully created game; IS OFFICIALLY REVIEWED BY PLAYERS AS MORE NEGATIVE THAN POSITIVE AS OF TODAY!

Positive: 8079
Negative: 8124

FOR A 100 DOLLAR AAA TITLE!?!?!?!?! YOU ARE THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE FACE OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY UBISOFT.

You absolutely deserve to be SHUNNED AT EVERY GAMING CONVENTION AND AT EVERY HOLLYWOOD PREMIERE after this time. This was the worst release Ive seen in a while. The lack of attention to detail in the multiplayer process, for a MULTIPLAYER GAME is ASTOUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Next E3, you will probably sit up there on stage with a head set on, acting like you are "SO EXCITED TO BE HERE"; and try to tell people about how much you "learned this past year", probably make a little joke about how bad your failure was here, BUT NONE OF US WILL BE LAUGHING. I honestly would prefer it if NONE OF US EVEN SAT TO WATCH YOU LIE TO US.
You'll be apologetic while you get six figure Christmas bonuses, and us people who actually work for a living watched you run away with our cash for a game that MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NEVER BEEN FINISHED AND THEN SOLD TO US!

As a guy who grew up watching games develop since the Sega Base System.... I can officially say Ubisoft; YOU ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. Please leave; the gaming community would be better off without you,

Negative ratings in under a month for a game that DOES NOT deserve the way you treated it. Ill never buy your products again.

And I honestly hope this comes back to bite you hard in the future. This is a sad day for gaming fans.

TCTF_SWAT
03-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Whose this "us"?

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Bla bla bla , who cares, I love the game and I will keep playing it, that's all I need to know, and I assume thats the same line of thought for people who love the game as well.

I do not even think that negative reviews are there because the game is bad, because I know the game is not bad - I play it every day.

In reality, the negative reviews are given by little whiny biches who had their little feelings hurt and asses torn sideways by the competition in this brutal game.

Face it, this was always destined to be a niche game, and 90% of its population will always be rags for the pros to mop the floor with.

Those who can adapt and thrive within harsh conditions, will keep playing and love the game, those who can't - will go on steam and forums to moan and cry about, perfectly natural.

In reality there is nothing particularly wrong with the game, the only real issue was the GB mechanic different from beta , which was reverted.

And some people say they have P2P issues, but I personaly never seen them in alpha, never seen them in beta, and never seen them on the daily basis, as I have a strong broadband (350mb), and my NAT is green.

Apart those 2 above, every other "issue" is mainly children moaning because they are having difficulty gettin gud

DizzleFresh13
03-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Idk...it's still a lot of fun. They just need to fix some things, add some stuff and adjust some prices. It'll be GOTY after that.

Gray360UK
03-25-2017, 09:50 PM
I just had a really fun game of Skirmish. Is that still allowed or do I have to tell myself I didn't enjoy it because of what it says on Steam? :rolleyes:

We.the.North
03-25-2017, 10:02 PM
As with many other AAA titles nowadays, the games are released before they are finished. When looking at For Honor, I see a great (really great) core concept and fun design. The balance tweaking and the connectivity hardware are lacking, but it might get fixed in the long run.

Game will be balance.
Investment on hardware will be made ... or playerbase will drop so much it'll put less stress on the servers.

Give it 2 months, this game will be quite good.

P.S. Do you think Witcher III was a great game ?? Do you remember, at release, the character controls were so bad Geralt had a hard time climbing a ladder because he couldn't "turn" to face it. They eventually made a DLC with "alternate character controls" that fixed all the movement issues. So even the greatest companies (CD Project Red) will release unpolished / unfinished games. Give it time ... but I too am getting impatient.

Xaviloga
03-25-2017, 10:22 PM
You guys can enjoy hit a s**t with a stick and pay 100 S for it, is your choice. But the connection issues are inacceptable, the classes are unbalanced, maps that not work and removed from the game... the game itself looks like designed to fulfill troll, rat kids darkest desires. Again, its not about if i enjoy the game or not, is a about to sell an unfinished product pretending be a finished one.

AzureSky.
03-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Im in high elo and the game is not the problem, ubisoft is, they have more network problems with the netcode than league of legends (and that says A LOT)

I say this as someone that was playing fine in the open beta (no input lag, delay, randoms dcs) and suddenly in the live versions its all the opposite.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 10:44 PM
Im in high elo and the game is not the problem, ubisoft is, they have more network problems with the netcode than league of legends (and that says A LOT)

I say this as someone that was playing fine in the open beta (no input lag, delay, randoms dcs) and suddenly in the live versions its all the opposite.

Mate youve been moaning on these forums from day 1, give it a rest, the game works fine, video or didnt happen

FroZZenT
03-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Mate youve been moaning on these forums from day 1, give it a rest, the game works fine, video or didnt happen

the game works fine are you for real?
the game has so many bugs and problems right now, it is unbalanced as hell, just ask any streamer and they will tell you that the game is not working fine as it is right now.
and it is going to take them long time to fix it aswell, hey just look on how it is going for the division over a 1 year and they have still not fixed that game.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 11:15 PM
the game works fine are you for real?
the game has so many bugs and problems right now, it is unbalanced as hell, just ask any streamer and they will tell you that the game is not working fine as it is right now.
and it is going to take them long time to fix it aswell, hey just look on how it is going for the division over a 1 year and they have still not fixed that game.

Been playing all day long, haven't had a single.connection error whatsoever, and didnt have any problem playing against any class, seems balanced enough

AzureSky.
03-25-2017, 11:15 PM

Na i wasnt in day 1 because I DIDNT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THE BETAS :D

most of the reviews of the game have network problems and its not our connections.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 11:19 PM
Na i wasnt in day 1 because I DIDNT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THE BETAS :D

most of the reviews of the game have network problems and its not our connections.

How come I don't have a single network problem ever? i barely even see any players with yellow NAT...

NeoLocutus
03-25-2017, 11:21 PM

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCFBD8-92X4

The video is not mine, but this is what is happening to me and to the majority of players on this forum.

I've a good connection too, green NAT and any issue with other multiplayer games but this one.
I can only say that you're really lucky if you didn't experience any of these issues, but I assure you... these issues EXIST.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 11:25 PM

The video is not mine, but this is what is happening to me and to the majority of players on this forum.

I've a good connection too, green NAT and any issue with other multiplayer games but this one.
I can only say that you're really lucky if you didn't experience any of these issues, but I assure you... these issues EXIST.

Got any videos from last year? Video from today or didn't happen

NeoLocutus
03-25-2017, 11:37 PM
I see Ubisoft has already deployed its damage control team.

I hope their paycheck is high enough.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 11:40 PM

This is not even my main game mate, I play, YouTube, and stream Elite Dangerous.

I do love For Honor tho, I play it alot of the time when im not playing ED, and so far I have not seen recently any proposed issues that people are moaning about on the forums, as far as I'm convern they have either been fixed by now or solved by having decent broadband

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 11:54 PM

This is not even my main game mate, I play, stream, and YouTube Elite Dangerous.

I do love For Honor a lot, and play it when i dont play ED, and recently I have not seen any of the proposed issues people are moaning about here on the forums.

As far as I'm concerned, they have either been fixed or are easily solvable by a decent broadband (mine is 350mb)

Thanapetus
03-26-2017, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=P.S. Do you think Witcher III was a great game ?? Do you remember, at release, the character controls were so bad Geralt had a hard time climbing a ladder because he couldn't "turn" to face it. They eventually made a DLC with "alternate character controls" that fixed all the movement issues. So even the greatest companies (CD Project Red) will release unpolished / unfinished games. Give it time ... but I too am getting impatient.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, BS. Witcher 3 (outside of people killing cows for profit) was relatively bug and problem free on release. CDPR released a full game and not a 100 dollar beta test. This game is more bug laden then Kim Kardashians ****** and that is saying something because Madonna is right up there.

In terms of bugs, I would put this game up with the movie arachnophobia.

In terms of being successful, I would put this game up with Hillary Clinton Presidential ambitions.

Gray360UK
03-26-2017, 12:26 AM
Yeah I gotta say I don't remember having any problems with the Witcher 3. As game releases go, that was a model example of how you do it right in my book.

cragar212
03-26-2017, 12:30 AM

What is this 'majority' you speak. Me and everyone I know who are playing (About 40 people) have little to no connection issues.

Johny_Bee
03-26-2017, 12:39 AM
This is not even my main game mate, I play, stream, and YouTube Elite Dangerous.

I do love For Honor a lot, and play it when i dont play ED, and recently I have not seen any of the proposed issues people are moaning about here on the forums.

As far as I'm concerned, they have either been fixed or are easily solvable by a decent broadband (mine is 350mb)

You got lucky ;) ... I wonder, he/she did not point a finger at you, why did you react? ;) (I am aware of the concept of implicated message). There is a saying, did not found it in English. When you shoot a goose, it goes "honk" ;)

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 12:43 AM
You got lucky ;) ... I wonder, he/she did not point a finger at you, why did you react? ;) (I am aware of the concept of implicated message). There is a saying, did not found it in English. When you shoot a goose, it goes "honk" ;)

Your comment somehow reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0MTn8sP_9s

NeoLocutus
03-26-2017, 12:58 AM
What is this 'majority' you speak. Me and everyone I know who are playing (About 40 people) have little to no connection issues.

Uhm... what was it? Video or didn't happen? :D

Vingrask
03-26-2017, 01:33 AM
In reality, the negative reviews are given by little whiny biches who had their little feelings hurt and asses torn sideways by the competition in this brutal game.

Face it, this was always destined to be a niche game, and 90% of its population will always be rags for the pros to mop the floor with.

Burn!

But that is the same view I have. All the whiners are players who cannot beat nobody and are too lazy to learn and improve. Those who play to get better really enjoy the game.

AzureSky.
03-26-2017, 01:40 AM
How come I don't have a single network problem ever? i barely even see any players with yellow NAT...

I did this the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ9v1dT_hM8

a example of the connection in day 1.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 01:45 AM
I did this the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ9v1dT_hM8

a example of the connection in day 1.

Try getting a video from this milenium, anything pre-patch 1.04 is no longer of any relevance

Moondyne_MC
03-26-2017, 01:59 AM
Try getting a video from this milenium, anything pre-patch 1.04 is no longer of any relevance

How can you say what's relevant and what's not if you haven't had ANY connection issues?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuzu91z2yE
I recorded that on the 10th of March. I can do another one today that would illustrated the exact same thing. As someone who's been having these connection issues since launch, not a single patch has made even a scrap of difference. So I'd say all videos of this issue are relevant.

AzureSky.
03-26-2017, 02:04 AM
The network its broken, its a fact, you can see it in steam reviews, just because your region is overpopulated with players and you get a clean green p2p direct connection doesnt mean that 90% have it.

Also in High elo matchmatching the players are VERY few, you get matched with the same guys over and over.

Maybe in your elo its different? idk but in my elo its a problem :)

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:10 AM
The network its broken, its a fact, you can see it in steam reviews, just because your region is overpopulated with players and you get a clean green p2p direct connection doesnt mean that 90% have it.

Also in High elo matchmatching the players are VERY few, you get matched with the same guys over and over.

Maybe in your elo its different? idk but in my elo its a problem :)

There is no such thing as elo or ranking in general in For Honor.

Also if your connection is garbage, devs don't have any obligation towards it, buy better broadband or find another game.

Moondyne_MC
03-26-2017, 02:13 AM

Also if your connection is garbage, devs don't have any obligation towards it, buy better broadband or find another game.

That's an awful sentiment to have. What about the entire continent of Australia? We have some of the worst internet in the entire world, already pay ~$100/game, the game is sold here, but basically no one can play it. I've yet to meet a single fellow Aussie who plays this game problem free.

But clearly the devs are under no obligation to help, right? It's our own stupid fault for being born in the wrong country.

AzureSky.
03-26-2017, 02:17 AM

As i said i had 0 problems with for honor in the betas.

The problems are a norm in the live version, also im TEACHING you the problems, so you can stop crying :)

Do all of us a favor and go back to your cave. Ty

Better than that, go and read steam reviews and see the ammount of net problems with people that DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM with other games.

AzureSky.
03-26-2017, 02:20 AM

That's an awful sentiment to have. What about the entire continent of Australia? We have some of the worst internet in the entire world, already pay ~$100/game, the game is sold here, but basically no one can play it. I've yet to meet a single fellow Aussie who plays this game problem free.

But clearly the devs are under no obligation to help, right? It's our own stupid fault for being born in the wrong country.

Moon dont even bother, he isnt worth it the time, he is blinded by ignorance.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:22 AM

I don't understand, is matchmaking currently intercontinental? I thought it was continent specific? So you should only get matched with people from Australia, and not have bad NAT.

Like, I am not a bleeding heart, I pay 60 EU for my broadband, while my mates in other european countries pay 3 times less for broadband thats twice as good, Ireland has poor cable infrastructure, there's nothing I can do about to change that even tho it's not fair.

To answer your question, no, I do not think the developers are obligated to fix Australia, why don't you buy fiber optic, which should give you a decent intercontinental connection

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:24 AM

The problems are a norm in the live version, also im TEACHING you the problems, so you can stop crying :)

Better than that, go and read steam reviews and see the ammount of net problems with people that DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM with other games.

I don't need for other people to tell me how a game works when I can play and see for myself, and so far it is working without a flaw, definitely best release that Ubisoft ever had.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:29 AM

I don't need other people to tell me how my game runs, when I can open it up and see for myself. And so far I have yet to have any issues with it, definitely best release that Ubisoft ever had.

I am very sorry that your hardware and broadband are struggling to run it well, but I am afraid that you will be the one who has to make a change, not everybody else. You may consider yourself a special snowflake, but I assure you the rest of us simply do not care.

Moondyne_MC
03-26-2017, 02:29 AM
I don't understand, is matchmaking currently intercontinental? I thought it was continent specific? So you should only get matched with people from Australia, and not have bad NAT.

Like, I am not a bleeding heart, I pay 60 EU for my broadband, while my mates in other european countries pay 3 times less for broadband thats twice as good, Ireland has poor cable infrastructure, there's nothing I can do about to change that even tho it's not fair.

To answer your question, no, I do not think the developers are obligated to fix Australia, why don't you buy fiber optic, which should give you a decent intercontinental connection

Since launch matchmaking has stayed on "your region" for about 5 seconds before switching to "all regions". There's definitely Aussie names I recognize, but even then the connection issues persist.

"Why don't you buy fiber optic connection", are you serious? Because I shouldn't have to upgrade my own internet in order to play a single game that I've already paid for. No other online games that I've ever played have had this problem.

Hell, I came here from EA's Battlefront, which had up to 40 players, even more intense graphics, larger maps, vehicles, and (the big one) EA's godawful servers, and all the problems combined over the entire lifespan of that game pale in comparison to the connection issues plagued by this game.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 02:32 AM
Since launch matchmaking has stayed on "your region" for about 5 seconds before switching to "all regions". There's definitely Aussie names I recognize, but even then the connection issues persist.

"Why don't you buy fiber optic connection", are you serious? Because I shouldn't have to upgrade my own internet in order to play a single game that I've already paid for. No other online games that I've ever played have had this problem.

Hell, I came here from EA's Battlefront, which had up to 40 players, even more intense graphics, larger maps, vehicles, and (the big one) EA's godawful servers, and all the problems combined over the entire lifespan of that game pale in comparison to the connection issues plagued by this game.

No, right mate, I understand, you're not the one that has to make the change, the world and reality itself should change and warp around you, because that is how real world works, am I right :rolleyes:

Also for those who bought the game, yet can't run it due to low spec wooden computers, Ubisoft should just buy and ship complimentary high performance PC's, so they can play the game, because it's not like they are adults capable of making responsible decisions all on their own or anything, like "if I live in the Outbacks and my internet is bad maybe I shouldn't buy this P2P online game", no scratch that, that is just crazy talk, my apologies, how dare I in fact

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 05:14 AM
Obviously i didnt read the whole post. But i understand it generally.
Reviews, whereever they originate from, only serve for consulting purposes. for the fickle mind, this is a huge factor that influences their purchasing decision and experience. So easily manipulated!
About other issues, i believe that minimum requirements are published. You have a responsiblity to yourself to meet that minimum requirement.
I have enough sense of self to determine for myself whether or not I enjoy something, be it food, drinks, or games. Make the decision for yourself, or be led by the nose... forever!
It is curious that these days, the ones who claim independent (mentally), often behave like sheeps.

Moondyne_MC
03-26-2017, 05:14 AM
No, right mate, I understand, you're not the one that has to make the change, the world and reality itself should change and warp around you, because that is how real world works, am I right :rolleyes:

Also for those who bought the game, yet can't run it due to low spec wooden computers, Ubisoft should just buy and ship complimentary high performance PC's, so they can play the game, because it's not like they are adults capable of making responsible decisions all on their own or anything, like "if I live in the Outbacks and my internet is bad maybe I shouldn't buy this P2P online game", no scratch that, that is just crazy talk, my apologies, how dare I in fact

Nice strawman argument there, mate.

To reiterate, this is the only game that has connection issues this bad. I'm not asking for "the world to change around me", I'm asking that an online game sold in Australia be actually functional within Australia for the standard user? I really don't think that's demanding/entitled/whatever you want to call it. I can play any other online game with more or less no worries (depending on server region availability) with my crappy Australian internet just fine. I don't think "the world needs to change around me", but I also don't think I should have to upgrade my infrastructure for a single game because Ubi doesn't want to invest in actual servers.

I never made a single mention of people with low spec computers being unable to run the game either, not sure where that came from.

Mia.Nora
03-26-2017, 07:54 AM

Look I just cant hold it back. I already reported you but enough is enough.

I am from New Zealand and I have 200 mbps fibre connection; which is only available to 2 cities in whole country and since 3 months by now. My connection is way above average connection in my country, where game is promoted and sold heavily. I have Open Green NAT as well.

And I can barely get one game after several hours of going through 0002001512 Matchmaking Failed Errors. Something is broken with Netcode that is beyond individual connection quality.

Stop with your claims. Just stop.

Delectable_Sin
03-26-2017, 08:04 AM
As with many other AAA titles nowadays, the games are released before they are finished. When looking at For Honor, I see a great (really great) core concept and fun design. The balance tweaking and the connectivity hardware are lacking, but it might get fixed in the long run.

Game will be balance.
Investment on hardware will be made ... or playerbase will drop so much it'll put less stress on the servers.

Give it 2 months, this game will be quite good.

P.S. Do you think Witcher III was a great game ?? Do you remember, at release, the character controls were so bad Geralt had a hard time climbing a ladder because he couldn't "turn" to face it. They eventually made a DLC with "alternate character controls" that fixed all the movement issues. So even the greatest companies (CD Project Red) will release unpolished / unfinished games. Give it time ... but I too am getting impatient.

The gaming community forgave CD Projekt Red because the game was absolutely perfect in most ways. Every single word out of the tens of thousands of sentences were voiced and acted amazingly, the world is expansive and gorgeous, the story engaging and compelling, the music that of a top hollywood epic, etc, etc.. For W3 they had a couple of minor things that were fixed within a month of release, and the devs were vocal about their desire to fix them from the moment the game was released.

The two situations aren't even comparable.

Delectable_Sin
03-26-2017, 08:23 AM

Google fiber right here bruv. I have better internet than 99.9% of the world, and I still get dropped, time out, and just generally notice the horrid p2p bologna of this game.

You need to stop vehemently defending something simply because you have fun with it. The reality of the matter is that this game is an operational pile of crap, in spite of an excellent concept.

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Google fiber right here bruv. I have better internet than 99.9% of the world, and I still get dropped, time out, and just generally notice the horrid p2p bologna of this game.

You need to stop vehemently defending something simply because you have fun with it. The reality of the matter is that this game is an operational pile of crap, in spite of an excellent concept.
I'm in the rest 99.99%. It works with us commoners. Try reserse your situation.

Delectable_Sin
03-26-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm in the rest 99.99%. It works with us commoners. Try reserse your situation.

https://youtu.be/HbvYeLxMKN8

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 08:35 AM
https://youtu.be/HbvYeLxMKN8
No, i don't......."BRUV" ;)

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 09:05 AM
This seems to always be Ubisoft's MO.
They are so disconnected from their customer base (one of the worst I have seen) and a small percentage of the people who are making the game for a massive percentage are just making choices that they seem fit to agree upon in their small circle.
DICE and others connect with and ask questions to their customer base and community to get feedback and suggestions on what the paying customers want but time and time again I learn that Ubisoft just seems to do whatever they please while watching the game fail and the community divide.
It is quite sad...they just recently balanced Siege after 1.3 years but lie the Division I suspect they won't get this right before most have left and a few, who bought it in the bargain bin, are playing it casually.

AndreyMenaker
03-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Well, reality is I paid for game which i cant actually even start, when its start it crash after one match , match takes arround 5 minutes time i spend with starting, crashing and matchmaking is like 20 minutes. Kinda pain for me. So i am also negative to ubisoft , cause i have this problem after every patch.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 09:13 AM

Do not feed the troll...these types come in all shapes and sizes but they are all cut from the same cloth and are the very same people who are poisoning the game currently with their repeat 3 hit spam no skill attacks.

Issue is Ubi decided to not make dedicated servers to host their game upon (perhaps because their network skills are seriously questionable) and instead chose the ancient peer to peer route and that was a critical mistake as we are not downloading torrents here, we are trying to play a competitive online game.

Duuklah
03-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Bla bla bla , who cares, I love the game and I will keep playing it, that's all I need to know, and I assume thats the same line of thought for people who love the game as well.

I do not even think that negative reviews are there because the game is bad, because I know the game is not bad - I play it every day.

Those who can adapt and thrive within harsh conditions, will keep playing and love the game, those who can't - will go on steam and forums to moan and cry about, perfectly natural.

In reality there is nothing particularly wrong with the game, the only real issue was the GB mechanic different from beta , which was reverted.

And some people say they have P2P issues, but I personaly never seen them in alpha, never seen them in beta, and never seen them on the daily basis, as I have a strong broadband (350mb), and my NAT is green.

Apart those 2 above, every other "issue" is mainly children moaning because they are having difficulty gettin gud

Funny.. This is likely a guy who has seen success with a Warden, PK, Orochi or Warlord.... I can nearly guarantee it.

I do fairly well. I win about 75% of the duels. The ones I lose are USUALLY, not always, dripping in exploited broken mechanics.

Warden- vortex, I can stop it, but it always lands at least once. Broken zone!! seriously ffs. Light top yuck but oh well.
PK - I nearly shelved my Raider due to light attack and Broken zone abuse. Seriously I CANT move the guard fast enough?
Oro - Broken zone. Nasty kit when used right. Light top is ugly, but oh well.
Warlord - WTF this guy is just OP. There is no way around it.
Valks - I main one. WTF is with the light atack speed and the useless Shield rush defense...That defense NEEDs to be faster if not instant for this kit to work with slower LA.
RAIDER - TECH THE UNBLOCKABLE!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****....

Half of these are known bugs. Half of these are in need of SERIOUS tuning..

What they share in common is that EVERYONE KNOWS AND HAS KNOWN FOR WEEKS. Yet no fix. No acknowledgement. No nothing.

Ubisoft is a pathetic failure.

What a joke.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Nice strawman argument there, mate.

To reiterate, this is the only game that has connection issues this bad. I'm not asking for "the world to change around me", I'm asking that an online game sold in Australia be actually functional within Australia for the standard user? I really don't think that's demanding/entitled/whatever you want to call it. I can play any other online game with more or less no worries (depending on server region availability) with my crappy Australian internet just fine. I don't think "the world needs to change around me", but I also don't think I should have to upgrade my infrastructure for a single game because Ubi doesn't want to invest in actual servers.

I never made a single mention of people with low spec computers being unable to run the game either, not sure where that came from.

Let me reiterate as well - video proof or didn't happen my dude, and no, a video before patch 1.04 will simply not do

solho
03-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Its the first Ubisoft game I buy and the truth, it will be the last one. The idea of the game is the best lve seen in years, but its a shame that Ubisoft has created it. If another company had done it, for honor would have been much more successful.
I had hopes until the last patch, there I realized that they have no interest in fixing the game. Really a pity, just wait for another company to drop a similar game because a mediocre company like Ubisoft is not interested in its community.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:49 AM
You know what's even more funny, if the connection issue was such a big problem, you would expect players in game matches be complaining about it like "thanks p2p / omg p2p / omg lag" or something, yet during the last month of playing every day, not only have I not experienced a single connection issue, I have not even seen a single soul complain about it online in the actual game. On forums yes, in game no my dudes? I am honestly begining to suspect you lot are being paid by rival game companies to sit here and spew bullsh*t all day long.

Honestly keep seeing the same 10 people going at it for the last month and a half, why don't you get your refunds and clear off already, so the rest of us can enjoy this fantastic game in peace?

SJW_Kriegor
03-26-2017, 09:49 AM
People are so superficials. Give them a very fraich new approach to the fighting genre, and they bark because every 15 or 20 matches they might experience a bug, most of the time at the very start of a match, forcing them back to main screen. Where are the core gamers, the ones seeking new experiences, new game designs, real depth in gameplay mechanics? The ones that could accept a slightly uncleaned surface as long as gameplay's good. Who are used to play in far worse conditions and have elevated poorly finished games such as OF, The Stalkers, M&B, Ninja gaiden, Demon souls as myths just because they were so good anyway? Gaming community is just about crying babies over details and waiting their next Battlefield now? Steam's community kind of disgust me now. And it's not just about For Honor. Last year there was this reaaally good Mother Russia Bleeds and it fails terribly with a steam forum full of complaining childs just because it was too hard for them or there wasn't an online mode...

Duuklah
03-26-2017, 09:52 AM
ok I live in Canada and have a 50mbps connection.

Its rock solid. i still have about 4 or 5 issues every 4 hours of gaming.

Even WORSE when i select a character in Brawls its always locked in to whichever class i chose 1st.

So if im a raider 1st then i choose valk im a raider.. again and again. Log out log in. same ****.

RAIDER!! ahhhh

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Funny.. This is likely a guy who has seen success with a Warden, PK, Orochi or Warlord.... I can nearly guarantee it.

I do fairly well. I win about 75% of the duels. The ones I lose are USUALLY, not always, dripping in exploited broken mechanics.

Warden- vortex, I can stop it, but it always lands at least once. Broken zone!! seriously ffs. Light top yuck but oh well.
PK - I nearly shelved my Raider due to light attack and Broken zone abuse. Seriously I CANT move the guard fast enough?
Oro - Broken zone. Nasty kit when used right. Light top is ugly, but oh well.
Warlord - WTF this guy is just OP. There is no way around it.
Valks - I main one. WTF is with the light atack speed and the useless Shield rush defense...That defense NEEDs to be faster if not instant for this kit to work with slower LA.
RAIDER - TECH THE UNBLOCKABLE!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****....

Half of these are known bugs. Half of these are in need of SERIOUS tuning..

What they share in common is that EVERYONE KNOWS AND HAS KNOWN FOR WEEKS. Yet no fix. No acknowledgement. No nothing.

Ubisoft is a pathetic failure.

What a joke.

None of these are bugs, you just need to git gut.

Wardens vortex works only against begginers, doesnt even work against bots anymore, because it is HARD COUNTERED by light attacks, to the point where on high level play vortex is just a gimick, not an actual viable move

Orochi and PK zephyr attacks can be baited with faints and heavily punished with parrys.

Warlord can be tanky yes, but is defeated by good feint game, and dodging sideways to avoid headbut.

PK light and faint flurry can be stopped by simply dodging backwards and timing a parry, u can even trick them into eating heavies with a lot of champs, obviously if you just stand there like a rock doing nothing more than trying to block, you gonna eat sh*t my dude, but unfortunately for you, the problem IS YOU, not the game, because people who know how to play have no problems with any of that

Duuklah
03-26-2017, 10:13 AM

Wardens vortex works only against begginers, doesnt even work against bots anymore, because it is HARD COUNTERED by light attacks, to the point where on high level play vortex is just a gimick, not an actual viable move

Orochi and PK zephyr attacks can be baited with faints and heavily punished with parrys.

Warlord can be tanky yes, but is defeated by good feint game, and dodging sideways to avoid headbut.

PK light and faint flurry can be stopped by simply dodging backwards and timing a parry, u can even trick them into eating heavies with a lot of champs, obviously if you just stand there like a rock doing nothing more than trying to block, you gonna eat sh*t my dude, but unfortunately for you, the problem IS YOU, not the game, because people who know how to play have no problems with any of that

Now is where i call you a ****ing ***got and dont get banned from the forums breh...

Duuklah
03-26-2017, 10:16 AM

Also sounds like very high level gameplay to beat a monkey with a keyboard. Sounds balanced and totally super fun.....

If you apply a skilled player to PK ORO WAR or Warlord VS ANY OTHER CLASS.. its not a pretty sight man. You know this. The only way a Raider can win is to CHEAT. Is that not a bug? Zone flicker is a bug too, widely abused. Warden mixup is broken AF.

i dunno what crack you are smoking, but if these issues dont get addressed you will be happily playing with the last 10 players in this game alone.

Already When I do Brawls in Medium or High I face the same players over and over.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Also sounds like very high level gameplay to beat a monkey with a keyboard. Sounds balanced and totally super fun.....

If you apply a skilled player to PK ORO WAR or Warlord VS ANY OTHER CLASS.. its not a pretty sight man. You know this. The only way a Raider can win is to CHEAT. Is that not a bug? Zone flicker is a bug too, widely abused. Warden mixup is broken AF.

i dunno what crack you are smoking, but if these issues dont get addressed you will be happily playing with the last 10 players in this game alone.

Already When I do Brawls in Medium or High I face the same players over and over.

I will be more than happy to play with 10 players, if that means moaners like you will stop crying their eyes out on forums instead of taking that time to get better at the game.

Game is fine as is, they will keep doing tweeks and balancing, because thats how competetive online games work, ***in hell, look at StarCraft, how long has it been out - a 100 years? They are still tweeking and balancing​ almost monthly, and they still have moaners crying this op, that op, yet FH has been out for a month and you expect it to be perfect, do you even understand how ridiculous you are little man?

Get gud - wont need to cry.
Cant get gud - shut up.
Cant shut up - get a refund and leave.

I assure you, you wont be missed and the game will soldier on, I dont know how much clearer can i make this for you

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 10:34 AM
I feel slightly dumber everytime i read these homie talk.
Anyway, educate me, what exactly does "broken" mean here? I see it so many times, over and over like a broken record (now i do know what "broken" here means). People point at every little detail yowling "this is broken", "that is broken", "fix this", "fix that". Most of them have something in common: they can't handle themselves. Take it however u wish.
I haven't seen a game-breaking issue since its release, though. Dont know what seem to really get your panties in the twist.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 10:43 AM
I feel slightly dumber everytime i read these homie talk.
Anyway, educate me, what exactly does "broken" mean here? I see it so many times, over and over like a broken record (now i do know what "broken" here means). People point at every little detail yowling "this is broken", "that is broken", "fix this", "fix that". Most of them have something in common: they can't handle themselves. Take it however u wish.
I haven't seen a game-breaking issue since its release, though. Dont know what seem to really get your panties in the twist.

By "broken" they are referring​ to mechanics they can't deal with and get their asses torn asunder. Learning how to deal and getting better at the game would be blasphemous, being special snowflakes that they are, the game must change instead to accommodate their broken brains.

Ironically​ that wouldnt make a difference, because better players would still outplay them every step of the way.

Thus I think by "broken", they mean that better players are broken, and they are desperately trying to force Ubisoft to fix the players, unfortunitely for them that is not how it works.

It's quite sad to imagine being one of these people, how depressing would that be :(

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 10:52 AM
By "broken" they are referring​ to mechanics they can't deal with and get their asses torn asunder. Learning how to deal and getting better at the game would be blasphemous, being special snowflakes that they are, the game must change instead to accommodate their broken brains.

Ironically​ that wouldnt make a difference, because better players would still outplay them every step of the way.

Thus I think by "broken", they mean that better players are broken, and they are desperately trying to force Ubisoft to fix the players, unfortunitely for them that is not how it works.

It's quite sad to imagine being one of these people, how depressing would that be :(
I see... agree, fixing the people behind the characters arent the way to go. If u cant handle the game anymore, it's the sign that you are too old for gaming or it's simply unfit for u, which shouldnt taken so literally or absolutely, as there are always abnomalies. I've seen gamers as old as my grandfather, and i'm 26 btw.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 10:58 AM
I see... agree, fixing the people behind the characters arent the way to go. If u cant handle the game anymore, it's the sign that you are too old for gaming or it's simply unfit for u, which shouldnt taken so literally or absolutely, as there are always abnomalies. I've seen gamers as old as my grandfather, and i'm 26 btw.

I hear you man, I'm 28, and I'm in no way good at this game, above average at best, yet I think being older allows me to objectively look at the situation and judge that the reason why i lose my games is because I am the problem, I am bad at the game and can do better if I practice more.

Yet it is just sublime to see how badly indoctrinated the majority of children are on these forums into thinking that the world must change, the game must change, the players must change, everything​ else but them has to change so they can enjoy the game.

Just baffling, I think the parents are at fault here, and regresive left mentality in general, because the world is not designed to change around them and the second they leave the comfort of their homes they will be torn to shreds

I can just imagine them stepping out the door and a freakin eagle swooping down and carrying them away into its nest ;)

I even wonder if they would be screaming "OMG WTF EAGLES BROKEN NERF PLEASE" all the way out of reflex :D :D

Ontari
03-26-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't understand people who say that this game is without problems and that this is a finished product.

Look, I'm really happy that you are a part of this 10-15 % of people who doesn't encounter connection problems, crashes and other sh*t.

But MAJORITY of players have them. And this is not the case of low specification (For Honor has low requirements, lets be true). It's the case of poorly made game.

Even on 9gag people are laughing on how unfinished this game is -on 9gag!

So why won't you face it? You think that Ubisoft will send you a gift that you lie about the state of the game? Or did you take money to promote it? Or you are just trolling? I don't get it. Game is clearly wasted - the great idea and gameplay mechanics are completely destroyed by the way it was carried out, but some people would still argue how perfectly made this game is.

Gosh....

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 12:10 PM
But MAJORITY of players have them. And this is not the case of low specification (For Honor has low requirements, lets be true). It's the case of poorly made game.

No they don't, as I said I dont hear any players online the actual game that are actually complaining about lag, havent heard a single one for over a month now, if this was so widespread you'd think more players woulds complain, so clearly this is nowhere near of being the majority, its nowhere near being 10% in fact.

Even on 9gag people are laughing on how unfinished this game is -on 9gag!

9gag is popualted by pre-teen children and no self-respecting man would be found dead on that website, not to mention form actual opinions from, so excuse me when :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

So why won't you face it? You think that Ubisoft will send you a gift that you lie about the state of the game? Or did you take money to promote it? Or you are just trolling? I don't get it. Game is clearly wasted - the great idea and gameplay mechanics are completely destroyed by the way it was carried out, but some people would still argue how perfectly made this game is.

Why wont I face it? Because I do not experience any of the proposed problems, and don't see anyone complaining in the actual game rather than on forums, which seems to be filled by whiny babies who simply cannot deal with the game and come here to make sh1t up.

It's even more suspicious that no one is able to provide any video evidence that any of these problems are happening recently, for example when I found a bug, please see video below, I documented it and it's now being attended and fixed by developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2FKROiJ9rE&t=13s

It's actually quite gamebreaking for Conquerors, yet you don't hear anyone complaining about it, because it is an actuall existing problem, but since it doesn't fit in the sheep narrative of "omg I suck therefor Ubisoft must fix their lags and broken characters or whatever", nobody seems to be complaining and moaning about it, how very strange indeed

SangLong524
03-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Ubi doesnt pay me to defend them. No, i just express my opinions which u kids generalize into "they" vs "us".
I dont know where u pull these statistics or if they are from credible sources. The numbers are oddly nice and round. Like u pulled it from your ***.
9gag... oh it has long passed its day. It's for a laugh and people who take it seriously, cant be taken seriously. Frankly, there arent many differences between this forum and 9gag.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-26-2017, 03:03 PM
This game had the potential to be one of the greatest games made in this genre ever.... and you dropped the ball so hard you could hear the hearts of the entire gaming community shatter as it happened.

So everyone has been talking and complaining and SCREAMING at Ubisoft about the poor release here with For Honor, and the poor balance and the absolutely atrocious servers since release; and ACTUALLY as a tester for most of last year; I can personally tell you that we had been complaining about those VERY THINGS for literally the entire testing period.

Well Ubi, you have maintained strict silence and have not talked about any of these things openly with your community. You haven't offered us solutions. You haven't given us a reason for your incompetence. You haven't even apologized to your player base who, some of us, forked over 100 dollars US for the game plus the pass!!!

There has been no compensation for your lies or your failure. There has been NOTHING.

A few weeks ago, I started making a post and updated it every few days regarding your trend in the Steam Market on the Review Section. I predicted you would last a week before your reviews tilted to the negatives more than positives. I was wrong. You lasted two weeks. So, congratulations. This beautiful, hyped, actually wonderfully created game; IS OFFICIALLY REVIEWED BY PLAYERS AS MORE NEGATIVE THAN POSITIVE AS OF TODAY!

Positive: 8079
Negative: 8124

FOR A 100 DOLLAR AAA TITLE!?!?!?!?! YOU ARE THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE FACE OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY UBISOFT.

You absolutely deserve to be SHUNNED AT EVERY GAMING CONVENTION AND AT EVERY HOLLYWOOD PREMIERE after this time. This was the worst release Ive seen in a while. The lack of attention to detail in the multiplayer process, for a MULTIPLAYER GAME is ASTOUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Next E3, you will probably sit up there on stage with a head set on, acting like you are "SO EXCITED TO BE HERE"; and try to tell people about how much you "learned this past year", probably make a little joke about how bad your failure was here, BUT NONE OF US WILL BE LAUGHING. I honestly would prefer it if NONE OF US EVEN SAT TO WATCH YOU LIE TO US.
You'll be apologetic while you get six figure Christmas bonuses, and us people who actually work for a living watched you run away with our cash for a game that MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NEVER BEEN FINISHED AND THEN SOLD TO US!

As a guy who grew up watching games develop since the Sega Base System.... I can officially say Ubisoft; YOU ARE AN EMBARASSMENT. Please leave; the gaming community would be better off without you,

Negative ratings in under a month for a game that DOES NOT deserve the way you treated it. Ill never buy your products again.

And I honestly hope this comes back to bite you hard in the future. This is a sad day for gaming fans.

There AC games were there best of all times.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Funny how some claim the forums are just complaining for no reasons yet the playerbase have been steadily decreasing since release. Unfortunately, numbers do not lie. It's been only a month and 2 weeks now and it's fair to say this game is a disaster. In only 4 week this game had drop from around number 6 spot to 40 on the steamcharts. A whopping drop by 34 in rank. Even further, from that 4th week to today it is now number 56. That's another 16 drop. Ubisoft has failed miserably on this game like ALL their online games which are mediocre at best.

Oupyz
03-26-2017, 03:23 PM
I dont know why people crying about connection stability a lot , i live in lebanon middle-east country with 2mb connection which is very trash comparing to some of you yet i got disconnected 3 times in 110hours online , what i am worried about is the balance and bugs and exploited that is ruining the game , i think the connection is not as bad as people makes it out to be ..

Bugs and balance patch ubisoft pretty please already

mammakamelen
03-26-2017, 03:25 PM
I think it's funny how players without problems can't see why the game is being abandoned, and players with disconnections say "This game does not work" and they ahve a war amongst themselves.

The players defending that they used a horrible solution for online play is fanboys, cause the only thing that would change with a good connection is a stable game.

So when people are complaining, they have a good argument: Why the hell is there a so high percent of DC's (globally).

Answer: They are using a sketchy P2P system.

No more, no less.

The game is considered a "do not buy", as a AAA title that is kind of rare.

The game lost over 60% on pc in under a month, as a AAA title that is kind of rare.

The game has down to 2000 online players GLOBALLY on PC on Uplay and Steam combined, that is HORRENDOUS for a game that is P2P.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Funny how some claim the forums are just complaining for no reasons yet the playerbase have been steadily decreasing since release. Unfortunately, numbers do not lie. It's been only a month and 2 weeks now and it's fair to say this game is a disaster. In only 4 week this game had drop from around number 6 spot to 40 on the steamcharts. A whopping drop by 34 in rank. Even further, from that 4th week to today it is now number 56. That's another 16 drop. Ubisoft has failed miserably on this game like ALL their online games which are mediocre at best.

Most people quit there just plan bad here one they have **** internet so they lag out and blame ubi yes everyone get DC but it only happens to me 4 to 5 times a day so what does that tell you i have good internet people i played with have wait for it good internet.

Sunlight_Spears
03-26-2017, 03:26 PM
i do agree that Ubi is paying waaaaay to little attention to For Honor, seems to me they were just going for that release money and that's it. The game is still fun but unbalanced as hell, and cmon still no competitive system ?? Ubi is probably too busy with getting money from Wildlands and i think they just kinda gave up on for honor. They made no official response to the community's outcry and that alone tells us that they dont really care about For Honor anymore. I'm not one of those "omg the game is **** rip 60$", i still enjoy the game a lot and have fun in it, but it could have been SOOOOO much better if only they tried a little, like this could have honestly been a big E-Sport and competitive game if only they pushed some money into it and not just into their pockets.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Most people quit there just plan bad here one they have **** internet so they lag out and blame ubi yes everyone get DC but it only happens to me 4 to 5 times a day so what does that tell you i have good internet people i played with have wait for it good internet.

This goes way beyond internet connection. The game is flawed on other level. Ubisoft doesn't even know what to do with it. Connectivity is only scratching the surface.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 03:29 PM

The player base is decreasing not because of problems, it's decreasing because people are gettign absolutely destroyed in this vicious, brutal, and unforgiving game.

This was the most predictable thing in history.

No matter how many problems there would be, if the game was enjoyable for you - you would still play it no matter how many problems it had, and just wait for fixes.

As I said before, Star Craft came out in year 1855 or whatever, and to this very day it is being patched and balanced monthly, FH has been out for month and a half, and if you expect it to be perfect straight away, you are simply ridiculous, there is no better word for it.

On the other hand, if you are not a battle hardened fighter game ace, you will have a very bad time in the first week online in For Honor, as you will get absolutely destroyed and streamrolled by more experienced players, and most likely quit on day one, because there are not that many players out there who can die 100 times over and over without getting salty

Honestly, it would be a smart idea to not even let people play PVP untill they complete a 1000 games VS bots, they would git gut more in the process and be ready for PVP.

This is the major, if not the only reason why player base is declining

dayLockey
03-26-2017, 03:54 PM
A couple things:

1 - OP, a tad too much sensationalism but I'm right there with you man. Ubisoft really outdid themselves this time around with arguably one of the worst launches I've ever been a part of. The only launch I can remember in recent memory that was worse than this one was Warhammer Online by Mythic Entertainment almost 10 years ago. They rushed the product for easy money, pumped some decent hype trailers together and we all took the bait. I'm rooting for 4honor to bounce back because I love this game and still play it actively, but i have one foot out the door. If the next season doesn't bring MASSIVE POSITIVE CHANGE, I'm uninstalling and never coming back.

2 - I wish there was a downvote on this forum because MassiveD is the typical ignorant, annoying, single-cell organism that posts as if he is the only person who exists on this plain of reality. Reminds me of a person standing in a thunderstorm claiming that there is no rain because he's under an umbrella.

All in all, it's obvious a lot of people want the game to succeed but with each passing day, each worthless patch, each disconnect and each utterly meaningless Warrior's Den stream, more and more people are just getting fed up and going back to where they came from/moving on.

Jarl.Felix
03-26-2017, 03:56 PM
The player base is decreasing not because of problems, it's decreasing because people are gettign absolutely destroyed in this vicious, brutal, and unforgiving game.

No matter how many problems there would be, if the game was enjoyable for you - you would still play it no matter how many problems it had, and just wait for fixes.

As I said before, Star Craft came out in year 1855 or whatever, and to this very day it is being patched and balanced monthly, FH has been out for month and a half, and if you expect it to be perfect straight away, you are simply ridiculous, there is no better word for it.

On the other hand, if you are not a battle hardened fighter game ace, you will have a very bad time in the first week online in For Honor, as you will get absolutely destroyed and streamrolled by more experienced players, and most likely quit on day one, because there are not that many players out there who can die 100 times over and over without getting salty

Honestly, it would be a smart idea to not even let people play PVP untill they complete a 1000 games VS bots, they would git gut more in the process and be ready for PVP.

Gaming industry changed, kid.
There was no such things like open beta, development tehnology or the money invested in gaming industry nowadays.. and yes, there are AAA games who on release date are almost flawless, It's not something unusual !!! That's why people rage so much, they don't demand the impossible, they demand what they payed for or what they expect from a "top company" (now that's at least very arguable :)) )
They even use p2p which is something like in the 2000's !!

PS: Starcraft was launched in 1997, if you really want to invoke arguments like this one, at least know the facts.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 03:58 PM

You make no sense. You say it was the most predictable thing in history yet Ubisoft couldnt prevent it. Are they stupid? What was there objective here? To have a unsuccessful game?

First of all - You think this game is failing because people are getting owned? For every match there is a side that loses and one that wins. This stays true for every competitive game there ever was. How come there's so many competitive game that are VERY successful right now? You can get smashed in Counter-strike, Overwatch, etc... YOU NAME IT. Just yesterday I played 2 Overwatch game in a row where our team was getting completly dominated. We could barely get out of our spawn.

Second- Don't compare a Ubisoft game to a Blizzard game. Come on man, that's like comparing your kid who plays basketball at school to Micheal Jordan...

It boggles my mind that you think this game is failling because people are losing. I stop playing this game 2-3 weeks ago and trust me it's not because I was losing. Ironically my winrate had been steadily going up... but nonetheless I quit. So no, losing is not why this game is failling and associating it's downfall to this is just simple minded.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 03:58 PM
PS: Starcraft was launched in 1997, if you really want to invoke arguments like this one, at least know the facts.

Realy? I swear I realy thought it was released in year 1855, before computers and electricity in general, sure prooved me wrong

Aidie2005
03-26-2017, 04:21 PM
The game has its fair share of problems that need addressing, I don't think ubisoft should be adding more emotes before they sort out the real problems with the game.

For Honor has real potential to be better then it is, it's just a shame ubisoft made the game. Hopefully ubisoft book their ideas up and take advantage of its potential.

When I buy ubisoft titles in the future I am going to be abit more reserved and wait to see what a MAJORITY of reviews say.

Ubisoft just really need to stop crapping all over its fan Base.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:26 PM
The game has its fair share of problems that need addressing, I don't think ubisoft should be adding more emotes before they sort out the real problems with the game.

For Honor has real potential to be better then it is, it's just a shame ubisoft made the game. Hopefully ubisoft book their ideas up and take advantage of its potential.

When I buy ubisoft titles in the future I am going to be abit more reserved and wait to see what a MAJORITY of reviews say.

Ubisoft just really need to stop crapping all over its fan Base.

What problems?

Connectivity - debunked.
Characters OP - lol, not a real argument because players who got good don't view any champion as OP.

What other problems there still exist?

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 04:37 PM
What problems?

Connectivity - debunked.
Characters OP - lol, not a real argument because players who got good don't view any champion as OP.

What other problems there still exist?

Tell me I didn't read that. Are you REALLY implying the game is balanced? Funny in one post you claim games are still being patch years after release but in another you say For honor is already balanced. EVEN THE DEVS said some character were OP and some needed some love. But hey, nevermind that, we have MassiveD over here with the answers!

You dare ask what problem still exist? I am out of this conversation due to the sheer stupidity of that question. I literally don't have time to raise a list of problems in For Honor.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Tell me I didn't read that. Are you REALLY implying the game is balanced? Funny in one post you claim games are still being patch years after release but in another you say For honor is already balanced. EVEN THE DEVS said some character were OP and some needed some love. But hey, nevermind that, we have MassiveD over here with the answers!

You dare ask what problem still exist? I am out of this conversation due to the sheer stupidity of that question. I literally don't have time to raise a list of problems in For Honor.

Yes, online games need constant balancing - fking shocking, isnt it mate? Isnt it?

So why do you or anybody else expect FH to be perfect on its first month?

Or should we all just bend to your will and fantasize about issues (issues that anyone at least decent at the game don't consider to be issues at all) left and right because you litteraly cannot even?

You know whats the most puzzling to me here, if some characters are just soooo OP, why doesn't everybody play them?

Would be a logical thing to do, to exploit the super op characters , get free exp and steele etc?

I think I know the anwer, its quite obvious - If people are bad at this game, and will get shreked no matter which character they play, tthan it's not really a solution for them is it?

Is it, my dude?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/862/065/0e9.jpg

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 04:58 PM
I do not like to play OP hero (Warden/Warlord/Conq/PK and to a lesser extent Valk). Playing op hero is like ez mode to me in video game and I do not like it. Only kids do. I prefer to have some kind of challenge. Plus, I do not like the look of Fotm hero on top of that.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Yes, online games need constant balancing - fking shocking, isnt it mate? Isnt it?

So why do you or anybody else expect FH to be perfect on its first month?

I don't know but I won't be around. This game is done, you have to accept it. They ****ed it up from the get go for MULTIPLE reasons and no, player losing is not one of them. You think there is going to be some miracle patch? I have been playing game for 20 years + online and I have yet to see ONE miracle patch to save a game.

BTW, you're the one who said player who are good don't see character as OP. What does one have to do with another? Playerskill as nothing to do with a class being OP or not. How confuse are you? What's your point?

I think you are just in denial as to what is going to happened in the next few weeks/months to this game. Even Ubisoft knows this. I can just sit and wait and come back here in a few months and leave you a message. --> "I TOLD YOU". It's as simple as that.

They release 2 VERY SMALL patch in a month and a half. Last patch is so small it's not even funny. How ridiculous is that? Do you know why there is such little activity in a game like this, this big "AAA" title? Because they are pulling the plug on it. They won't tell you that because they don't want the player to run away even faster. They are re-allocating ressource to something else more important like another game or whatever.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:04 PM
I do not like to play OP hero (Warden/Warlord/Conq/PK and to a lesser extent Valk). Playing op hero is like ez mode to me in video game and I do not like it. Only kids do. I prefer to have some kind of challenge. Plus, I do not like the look of Fotm hero on top of that.

..... LOL

You have all the tools presented to you, yet you chose not to use them because of the way you feel about said tools.

And you honestly believe that the rest of the world has to care and adapt?

No, my dude, you will have to adapt, don't like a character - dont play it. Getting your *** beat as a result of it - don't moan about it, it was your choice, and every adult on this planet is responsible for their own choices, not anyone else.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:05 PM
I don't know but I won't be around. This game is done, you have to accept it. They ****ed it up from the get go for MULTIPLE reasons and no, player losing is not one of them. You think there is going to be some miracle patch? I have been playing game for 20 years + online and I have yet to see ONE miracle patch to save a game.

BTW, you're the one who said player who are good don't see character as OP. What does one have to do with another? Playerskill as nothing to do with a class being OP or not. How confuse are you? What's your point?

I think you are just in denial as to what is going to happened in the next few weeks/months to this game. Even Ubisoft knows this. I can just sit and wait and come back here in a few months and leave you a message. --> "I TOLD YOU". It's as simple as that.

They release 2 VERY SMALL patch in a month and a half. Last patch is so small it's not even funny. How ridiculous is that? Do you know why there is such little activity in a game like this, this big "AAA" title? Because they are pulling the plug on it. They won't tell you that because they don't want the player to run away even faster. They are re-allocating ressource to something else more important like another game or whatever.

Some guy did some research and summed it up whiny moany crybabie threads to be null and void, here's proof:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Alongside with my summary:

If you want to compare other games to FH, how about Street Fighter? How about Mortal Kombat? How about Star Craft 2?

All of these games are not main-stream games that are NOT being played by milions of players, infact they are niche and have tiny dedicated player basis, simply because the games are way too hard for your avarage player, and FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2.

Alot of casuals stay away from these games because they are too afraid of being shreked by 400 APM Koreans, and FH fits all of the above criteria.

The only way to really attract the normies, is to give them more advanced PVE scene (like dungeon raiding, and fighting bosses), which is not out of the question, might even be fun if implemented well.

Other than that , forget about it, no matter how much you balance the game, if you are not that good of it and can't hold your own, 400 APM Koreans will trash your will to live and make you rage quit eventualy.

And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dude, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Some guy did some research and summed it up whiny moany crybabie threads to be null and void, here's proof:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
231 playing currently
430 24-hour peak
1,706 all-time peak

Street Fighter V
1,569 playing currently
1,678 24-hour peak
13,807 all-time peak

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
1,188 playing currently
1,367 24-hour peak
13,570 all-time peak

Mortal Kombat X
962 playing currently
1,187 24-hour peak
13,649 all-time peak

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
1,175 playing currently
1,487 24-hour peak
23,094 all-time peak

For Honor
8,397 playing currently
8,822 24-hour peak
45,923 all-time peak

Alongside with my summary:

If you want to compare other games to FH, how about Street Fighter? How about Mortal Kombat? How about Star Craft 2?

All of these games are not main-stream games that are NOT being played by milions of players, infact they are niche and have tiny dedicated player basis, simply because the games are way too hard for your avarage player, and FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2.

Alot of casuals stay away from these games because they are too afraid of being shreked by 400 APM Koreans, and FH fits all of the above criteria.

The only way to really attract the normies, is to give them more advanced PVE scene (like dungeon raiding, and fighting bosses), which is not out of the question, might even be fun if implemented well.

Other than that , forget about it, no matter how much you balance the game, if you are not that good of it and can't hold your own, 400 APM Koreans will trash your will to live and make you rage quit eventualy.

And that is exactly what happeend to the population my dude, in the beta the player scene was not that diverse, so you did not meet super pros that often, everybody was good, and got their hopes up thinking that they will continue to be good, a fantasy that got immediately smashed when Street Fighter and Dark Souls multiplayer scene switched over to FH shreking normies left and right, sending them into the furious rage on the forums trying to blame lag, and overpowered characters, and everything else but not them, because that would be unthinkable.

Both Mortal Kombat and SF has had it's playerbase establish on consoles for many many years. They never did well on PC to start with. That being said, steamchart is a terrible portrait for these games. Addtionallly, you are comapring FH which doesn't even have 2 month in, to games that have been out for years now. Let's give FH a bit more time to sink. Also, I do understand that fighting games won't have the numbers Counter-strike and DOTA have....

IN PERSPECTIVE, Chivalry is actually doing well considering it's pricing and age. LOL

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 05:18 PM
...FH slips directly between Street Fighter and SC2...

..and where the hell did you get those SC2 numbers? Blizzard doesn't inlcude player count in any of their games anymore.

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 05:22 PM
..... LOL

You have all the tools presented to you, yet you chose not to use them because of the way you feel about said tools.

And you honestly believe that the rest of the world has to care and adapt?

No, my dude, you will have to adapt, don't like a character - dont play it. Getting your *** beat as a result of it - don't moan about it, it was your choice, and every adult on this planet is responsible for their own choices, not anyone else.

Game is for having fun, and I do not like to win easily because I play some broken hero. And I find more satisfaction to beat kids like you when they play fotm hero while I don't :). That is called principles. But you would not know.

Jolvark
03-26-2017, 05:25 PM

Jajajajaaaj wtf this man, youve never seen how this game itīs bugged, broken, crushing 60% of the time and Ubi do nothing?? most player here have no connection problems with any other game and have a mid-migh end pc gear but still get kicked out of a fking 4 player match, did you read those bad reviews? 70% are people saying "the game itīs good, but connection itīs horrible so i can barely play"
My NAT itīs green, i have 200 mb connection, i have a decent pc and my win rate in 1v1 it's 75% but nothing of those things prevents the game to crush in almost all dominion games, and the **** ton of time waiting for a fking match

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Keep in mind that yes, the playerbase has dropped, currently with only 18.28% of the all-time peak playing currently.

On the other hand, Dark Souls 3 has only 11.19% of their all-time peak playing currently.

Dark Souls 3 dropped to around 11% and stabilized there a mere month after release.

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Keep in mind that yes, the playerbase has dropped, currently with only 18.28% of the all-time peak playing currently.

On the other hand, Dark Souls 3 has only 11.19% of their all-time peak playing currently.

Dark Souls 3 dropped to around 11% and stabilized there a mere month after release.

That's because of alot of players, LIKE ME, play DS3 thru story mode once or twice and then stop playing.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:43 PM
That's because of alot of players, LIKE ME, play DS3 thru story mode once or twice and then stop playing.

For Honor doesn't even have a valid story mode you muppet (current story mode is little bit more than a playable flavor text).

Compare DS3 MP with FH MP, which is odly ironic, because everyone who played DS MP are now playing FH, lol

Einherjar25
03-26-2017, 05:47 PM
For Honor doesn't even have a valid story mode you muppet (current story mode is little bit more than a playable flavor text)

Dear god you're dumb. That exactly why I was tellting him that comparing DS3 to For honor isn't a good example. Because DS3 is much more geared towards story as oppose to For honor which is the exact opposite. I'm sorry but you are just dumb. You don't even read the post properly and then try to make a statement.... No wonder this conversation is going nowhere. Here's a thought, go play For honor since it's so perfect and you like it so much while a wait and watch it burn to the ground.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 05:57 PM
Dear god you're dumb. That exactly why I was tellting him that comparing DS3 to For honor isn't a good example. Because DS3 is much more geared towards story as oppose to For honor which is the exact opposite. I'm sorry but you are just dumb. You don't even read the post properly and then try to make a statement.... No wonder this conversation is going nowhere. Here's a thought, go play For honor since it's so perfect and you like it so much while a wait and watch it burn to the ground.

I am playing it, been playing all day actually and havent seen any of the mythical problems you whiney moany babies present.

#DEBUNKED

CitizenPuddi
03-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Both Street Fighter V and Chivalry had similar player retention trajectories shortly after release.

Specialkha
03-26-2017, 06:56 PM
I am playing it, been playing all day actually and havent seen any of the mythical problems you whiney moany babies present.

#DEBUNKED

Just because you are not affected by connectivity issues, does not mean these issues do not exist.
And what do you think about balance in For honor?

FledgeSRondo
03-26-2017, 07:19 PM
In my personal experience Nintendo's Smash Bros. for Wii U online For Glory is way way way WAYYYYY worse than For Honor. It can occasionally be satisfying, but 9 times out of 10 you're guaranteed to become irrationally angry with the connectivity problems, lag and abrupt disconnects, it's just an accepted fact of life within the Smash community that Smash online is crap even among competitive players (you can even watch their plays on Youtube, and it's just painful how regularly lag pops up). However, Smash has alternative modes for casual players who only want to play for fun, and historically hardcore players of the franchise have alternatively met up in person for Weeklies or tournaments to avoid the inevitable online lag: there isn't any such outlet for players in For Honor, which if it existed I think would palliate a lot of frustration as everyone is basically pigeon-holed into the same inevitably spotty online experience.

For Honor is, in my opinion, an incredible game. A refreshing breath of fresh air, great fighting mechanics, tons of depth (gear, matchups, map strategy, etc.). It is, however, an online fighting game, and let's be honest, the Internet just isn't up to the snuff to support a game of For Honor's scope and ambition (not until we all get quantum computing, at the very least). Having come from the atrocious 1v1 For Glory mode in Smash Bros. (which considering it's just 1v1 you'd think it would be far simpler to get stable connections), I'm honestly impressed that Dominion works as well as it does, with 8 separate connections all simultaneously communicating everyone's inputs, position, status AND the 100 or so minions across the battlefield.

Understandably people become extremely emotionally invested in the outcomes of such intense competitive matches, and message boards tend to be the prime venting outlet for people's collective frustrations (and salty whining). However, having personally come from spotty online experiences elsewhere, in Nintendo's hallowed grounds at that, I'd say that despite the spotty online I can nevertheless say honestly For Honor is a great and satisfying game. I've been playing it daily and keep itching for more, and can't wait for all the DLC updates down the line.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 07:20 PM
No issues at all...just killed a guy and he warps back to life but all good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUQLhNYMHk

FledgeSRondo
03-26-2017, 08:23 PM
I think what happened is that somebody disconnected just as you killed the guy, so when the game recovered it rewinded the play a little before the moment of the disconnect to right before you killed the guy.

MassiveD.
03-26-2017, 10:09 PM
No issues at all...just killed a guy and he warps back to life but all good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUQLhNYMHk

You can clearly see the host leaving right before you killed the PK, makes sense

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 11:54 PM
I think what happened is that somebody disconnected just as you killed the guy, so when the game recovered it rewinded the play a little before the moment of the disconnect to right before you killed the guy.

Yeah I realize that but my point is that this should not be happening on a online based competitive game but the peer to peer choice is the root of the issue.

Udonitron
03-26-2017, 11:58 PM
You can clearly see the host leaving right before you killed the PK, makes sense

And there is my point and if you realize this then certainly you have experienced it too and therefore your gaming has not been as smooth as you previously claimed it to be unless you think this setup is perfectly fine for an online competitive game?
The fact is there are connectivity issues due to it being a P2P system and thus the issue and root of the connectivity problems.
Could you imagine if BF1, Siege, etc were all P2P?
The game would have died 6 months in or less.