PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore and barebones modes please.

Mudflaaaps
03-25-2017, 03:36 PM
I can't be the only one that would love a hardcore 4v4 mode; no gear score, no revenge, no feats, slightly higher damage maybe. I love this game right now, but I think a more realistic game mode would be ten times more fun.

Same goes for duels and brawls. A barebones mode with no revenge. I mean why the f is it even possible to get revenge in a 1v1?

Knight_Gregor
03-25-2017, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Remove the power-ups, indicators, and hud as well.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-25-2017, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Remove the power-ups, indicators, and hud as well.
Only thing people will play are assassins.....

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Only thing people will play are assassins.....

I'm sorry for using a class that in the game get better.

Mudflaaaps
03-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeah, powerups too. The power ups are ridiculous now anyway, I'd rather they removed them totally.

Why would everyone play assassins? The assassin classes are for people who are bad at the game and have to rely on gear, they'd get ruined in a barebones mode.

Gensui.Musashi
03-25-2017, 05:22 PM
No Revenge in 4vs4 ? lol gl with dat. Everyone will gang bang

Xynrex
03-25-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry for using a class that in the game get better.

No offense but, the amount of stupidity behind this answer is ridiculous.

SangLong524
03-25-2017, 05:42 PM
No thanks. I'm happy with the current modes. Unless they will introduce new modes with new features, not the "tweaked" version, then i prefer the current modes.

Mudflaaaps
03-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Revenge shouldn't be in the game at all. Yeah, if your team is bad enough that they die then you'll get ganged up on. 1 person shouldn't be able to win a 1v2/3/4, unless the enemies are ****. I've won 1v3 before without revenge.

suboptiml
03-25-2017, 09:52 PM
I can't be the only one that would love a hardcore 4v4 mode; no gear score, no revenge, no feats, slightly higher damage maybe. I love this game right now, but I think a more realistic game mode would be ten times more fun.

Same goes for duels and brawls. A barebones mode with no revenge. I mean why the f is it even possible to get revenge in a 1v1?

I would love this. Feats, revenge gear, stats in general serve to undermine what is the excellent core fighting mechanics (class imbalances aside).

Give us 4v4 modes free of feats and gear stats. Let revenge work as it's supposed to, as something of an equalizer when you're outnumbered. Not as a supermode to 2-shot people every few seconds. Keep the old modes if you wish too. Then let the players decide which provides them with a more engaging experience.

Gray360UK
03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
No Revenge in 4vs4 ? lol gl with dat. Everyone will gang bang

Do you really think that's what happens in any game where there's a team against a team?
I mean I've played team pvp games my whole life, anything up to 40 vs 40.
Gang bang isn't really an intelligent / valid strategy.
Not sure why some people think this is the only possible outcome whenever you pit two teams against each other.
/shrug

Marcrele
04-09-2017, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see a mode like this in duels and brawls. My suggestions: No Ui and slower pace. Heavy impact and limited stamina in offensive and defensive actions to prevent spamming and turtling. Just 2-3 strikes to win and criticals cause bleeding. Do it UBi

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Though variety isn't bad, you needa cater to the masses with new modes or they fail. "Hardcore"-modes rarely do so. Besides, there are way more pressing matters i guess. And you can always do custom games ...

Marcrele
04-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Though variety isn't bad, you needa cater to the masses with new modes or they fail. "Hardcore"-modes rarely do so. Besides, there are way more pressing matters i guess. And you can always do custom games ...

I agree on the more pressing matters. But I think AAA devs like UBi should implement those kind of modes for niche audiences anyways. That might even weaken the critical voices towards some aspects the current built has.