PDA

View Full Version : If I Buy Steel...

DizzleFresh13
03-25-2017, 03:06 AM
Will you promise my money will go towards making the game better?

I don't want to do it but I don't want to waste my earned Steel on the ridiculously overpriced Champion Status. If my money goes towards improving the game, I can at least get behind that.

Alchemist..
03-25-2017, 03:16 AM
They say yes anyway xd

Bob__Gnarly
03-25-2017, 03:21 AM
If my money goes towards improving the game, I can at least get behind that.

It won't, I promise.

Thinkin0ut
03-25-2017, 03:36 AM
There has been much controvery the past few years over micro transactions. The problem is the consumers who buy in game currency regularly and ruin it for those who dont because they increase the success of the distasteful practice. If the transactions are successful enough than they will make the in game currency less valuable so they can pull in more money. So no. If you buy steel than you contribute to making the currency less valuable. I suggest saving your money until they release the DLC characters. If they rack in enough money from the characters, they may release more. Companies like CD projekt red(Witcher 3) are companies who will put your money to good use and dish out valuable DLC, and even free DLC in return. So, to answer your question, no, dishing out cash will in turn lower the value of steel. Wait until they release the DLC characters. Dont be afraid to stand up to greedy corporations, they are nothing without the consumers. I may sound like a feminist spewing nonsense, but I am undeniably correct nonetheless.

cragar212
03-25-2017, 03:42 AM
Don't do it!!!

If you do you're part of the problem!

DeezyMuzz
03-25-2017, 04:02 AM
Respawn Entertainment (TF2) has the right formula for micro transactions being implemented as well, no in game currency to buy the extra cosmetics just real world skrilla, and it cost a quarter of the games initial deluxe edition price not 10x the amount (*cough* For Honor). But CD Project Red is BAE!!! Also seams like everyone just wants to be like Rock Star Ent. with GTA... Games like that are completely MMO, and the pricing makes sense, it's super odd to see pricing like that in For Honor when it's clearly a fight game not a MMO. And the cosmetics are an extra gimmick that shouldn't be valued at such a high real world dollar... I'm rambling.

But seriously an in game event that only gives 2000 steel? Make it 7000 so you can get that emote you want at the end of it.

DizzleFresh13
03-25-2017, 04:12 AM
Normally, I have no problem kicking back some extra money for cosmetic crap to support a game I'm thoroughly enjoying. I'm thoroughly enjoying For Honor and I do want to show some love to the devs with some extra money but the overly excessive pricing they're doing with this game just won't let me condone it. You're right guys. Thanks for keeping me in line. My lack of Champion Status Symbol will now be my badge of strength.

Thinkin0ut
03-25-2017, 04:28 AM
Respawn Entertainment (TF2) has the right formula for micro transactions being implemented as well, no in game currency to buy the extra cosmetics just real world skrilla, and it cost a quarter of the games initial deluxe edition price not 10x the amount (*cough* For Honor). But CD Project Red is BAE!!! Also seams like everyone just wants to be like Rock Star Ent. with GTA... Games like that are completely MMO, and the pricing makes sense, it's super odd to see pricing like that in For Honor when it's clearly a fight game not a MMO. And the cosmetics are an extra gimmick that shouldn't be valued at such a high real world dollar... I'm rambling.

But seriously an in game event that only gives 2000 steel? Make it 7000 so you can get that emote you want at the end of it.

CD projekt red is the GOAT. A standup company that sets a beautiful example, game of the year content and developers who genuinely care for the consumers. But It seems mobile games have inspired the practice, with clash of clans single handedly turning the gaming industry around. Platform console games took a page from their book. CoC and mobile games are to blame for taking the practice to new heights and revolutionizing micro transactions.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-25-2017, 08:17 PM

I don't want to do it but I don't want to waste my earned Steel on the ridiculously overpriced Champion Status. If my money goes towards improving the game, I can at least get behind that.

nope. They will take your money, get drunk with cheap alcohol and beat their wife

NeoLocutus
03-25-2017, 08:47 PM

I'd rather BURN my money than give 'em more.

AzureSky.
03-25-2017, 11:47 PM
Dont do it, its a pay to play game with free to play economy, they are taxing us for A LOT of things thats supposed to be free.

Its sad for ubisoft montreal (the developers of the game) but ubisoft (the publisher) just want more money and then leave the game to die (like they are doing right now)