PDA

View Full Version : Feinting.

AmericanBalls
03-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Hey guys and gals,

Any tips on feinting? I've watched a couple videos and tried practicing against AI, but I seem to have trouble on the XB1 controller doing a heavy and then canceling quick enough to where is just goes through with the heavy attack anyways. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, trying to get better at some of the more advanced mechanics.........very slowly it seems.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-25-2017, 12:34 AM
You can't practice feinting on bots only on real people.bots don't give a damn about your feints yet they can parry you so well :/? Also you can't stop the feint somewhere around mid point of the swing

Vordred
03-25-2017, 12:36 AM
yeah you have to be relatively quick. one way to practice it, is don't adjust the stick, just hit RT in whatever stance you are already in, as you know your going to feint anyway, then hit B right after, that will give you ample time to hit b. once you get used to it, you can start trying for more mix ups with it.

AmericanBalls
03-25-2017, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll try that.

And Simi, I know they don't give a damn, but you can definitely practice getting the motion down and timing on them much easier. As I was saying, I was having trouble with consistently getting the attack to cancel. Cheers guys!

Simi_Xiamara_
03-25-2017, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll try that.

And Simi, I know they don't give a damn, but you can definitely practice getting the motion down and timing on them much easier. As I was saying, I was having trouble with consistently getting the attack to cancel. Cheers guys!
Ya didn't know you needed help with the actual mechanic I thought you were having trouble putting feint to use cuz you were getting hit or somthing...I never practice feinting against a bot cuz they are ******* every time I'd try feint they smack me or somthing Q.Q