PDA

View Full Version : Which character gives you the most satisfaction to play?

CandleInTheDark
03-24-2017, 06:57 PM
I had a bit of a rant earlier so I figured a light thread to balance? And it does help me some given I am bouncing around characters in multiplayer. Not taking into account 'needs a buff' or 'needs a nerf', when you play your character exactly the way you want to which is more fun for you and what makes it more fun?

I know everyone has different play styles and will have different answers, I started peacekeeper because all the way back to Chun Li in streetfighter 2 I have always used the faster characters and have pretty much gone Chun Li to Sun Shang Xiang (dual wield chakram) in Dynasty Warriors to dual wielding lightsabres in star wars games and peacekeeper seemed the natural fit. In game, I like playing the dodge and deflect game in the peacekeeper but dislike using the guardbreak because when I have speed, I want to stay mobile, conqueror I actually like the more measured approach but I am not really settled on a main myself.

secrecy274
03-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Lawbringer.
He's slow, weak and tire quickly. He have no cheap combos or mix-ups.

So when I beat someone, I know it were purely by my own skill (and perhaps a ledge or two :p ).
Also, he just looks so damn good while doing it.

Vingrask
03-24-2017, 07:24 PM
The "creative" possibilities Berserker give to me plus his speed is what appeal my playstyle.

Damn hard at beginning. Stupidly fun when you understand the moveset.

And think I almost gave up main this pig...

dayLockey
03-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Nobushi. Hidden Stance outplays, soft feints, GB feints, nice mixup. However in the same breath she is the single most frustrating hero to play because trash PK/Oro/Warden/WL players will abuse you like a ragged redhead stepchild.

Zv1k0
03-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Kensei. Lot of possible mix ups, mind games and not one of the top characters. I always want to play and win with underdogs. Gonna play Ninja when he comes out. Always been a fan of ninjas either in movies, games or just in general. I'll probably main him along with Kensei so i hope he is fun to play.

massive02
03-24-2017, 07:45 PM
The shugoki because he's fat.

And the sound of that baseball pop is soo satisfying

thornh
03-24-2017, 07:58 PM
In order Warlord>Valkyrie>Conqueror>Raider>Berserker>Lawbringer>Warden. Those are the characters that I have Rep 1 or higher. Warlord fits my personality best. He may be OP to many but it is all about stamina management. Two heavy attacks and you're sucking wind. I hate playing against Peacekeepers. Like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks. Very satisfying when I catch one though and bash their skull.

Halvtand
03-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks. Very satisfying when I catch one though and bash their skull.

Sounds like your karate is too weak, kid ;P
Warlord is my favourite. I'm a defensive player, started out as the Conq, but it felt a bit too restrained in what it could do. After a few hundred fights as warlord i really think he's the one :)

Vordred
03-24-2017, 08:49 PM
i jump around i play Lawbringer, Conq, Warden and Zerker. in that order of frequency. but if i had one from an artistic point of view, it would be the Warden, Knight with a Longsword is the one thematically i i'm drawn to. but i find him a bit dull to play.

Prophit618
03-24-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm sure that I'm just inviting the hate, but PK for me. Fits my more aggressive tendencies in fighting games very well, and is a lot of fun. Plus, in my personal opinion, she's the best designed character in the game.