PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror Bug or Working as Intended?

MassiveD.
03-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Hi, so people have been telling me lately, that conqueror heavy attacks on spinup have a riposte effect that will always deflect an enemy attack, and will always connect a heavy afterwards.

However, from my testing this simply doesnt work against light attacks at all, as with 100% precision the heavy that comes after the block can be blocked, dodged and even worse - parried.

And a good amount of the time this will also happen when trying to defeat heavy attacks using this move, video evidence below.

Not to mention, that after parry into GB Conqueror doesn't seem to be able to connect a sideways heavy for free like every other class in the game?

Are all of the above bugs or working as intended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2FKROiJ9rE&feature=youtu.be

Knight_Gregor
03-24-2017, 09:45 PM
This is largely why I feel like his charged heavy is useless unless you have a raider charging you. It's like begging to be parried or have your guard broke.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 10:33 AM
I think charged heavy attack itself is great, as it messes with opponents mind, you can use it to feint and punish, I have no problem with it.

My problem is that Heavy after GB doesnt seem to be guaranteed, as well as counter attack... Surely this is a bug?

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 10:35 AM
There is something wrong with his heavy attack timing, quick players and bots seem to slip out of his "guaranteed heavies" ( post gb is the main issue
.)

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 01:00 PM
bump

Knight_Gregor
03-25-2017, 03:36 PM
I think charged heavy attack itself is great, as it messes with opponents mind, you can use it to feint and punish, I have no problem with it.

My problem is that Heavy after GB doesnt seem to be guaranteed, as well as counter attack... Surely this is a bug?

I disagree. I think using the charged heavy to feint is a waste of stamina as you can do the same without charging it. And the whole point of your video above is that using it to punish isn't consistent.

I've very rarely had a problem with the side heavy not connecting after a confirmed guard break, and chalked it up to connection issues. Your video above doesn't showcase that part of your bug.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 05:36 PM
I disagree. I think using the charged heavy to feint is a waste of stamina as you can do the same without charging it. And the whole point of your video above is that using it to punish isn't consistent.

That's not the point of my video.

I think Conq has one of the best feinting in the game, as it is more reliable than other since you can cancel it into a shield bash, as well as conq is hard to faint against because they dont need to parry heavies they can just block it.

Again, we can agree to disagree, because feinting is not the point of the video

Knight_Gregor
03-25-2017, 08:25 PM
That's not the point of my video.

I think Conq has one of the best feinting in the game, as it is more reliable than other since you can cancel it into a shield bash, as well as conq is hard to faint against because they dont need to parry heavies they can just block it.

Again, we can agree to disagree, because feinting is not the point of the video

I can't tell if you're screwing with me or not. I never said that feinting was the point of your video, I said punishing with a charged heavy (with riposte properties) was.

You literally stated that in your first post. You made two points - with video evidence only showing the first one. The "bug" with the heavy not connecting. Which is why I said that I thought, in my opinion, that the charged heavy was useless.

You are the one that brought up feinting in your response to my initial post. My disagreement with using the charged heavy to feint really has no bearing on the video. Are you just going to argue subsequent posts that you steer into a different direction as if they were pertaining to your original post?

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 08:29 PM
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or not. I never said that feinting was the point of your video, I said punishing with a charged heavy (with riposte properties) was.

You literally stated that in your first post. You made two points - with video evidence only showing the first one. The "bug" with the heavy not connecting. Which is why I said that I thought, in my opinion, that the charged heavy was useless.

You are the one that brought up feinting in your response to my initial post. My disagreement with using the charged heavy to feint really has no bearing on the video. Are you just going to argue subsequent posts that you steer into a different direction as if they were pertaining to your original post?

I'm sorry, but which video were you watching?

There isn't a single charged heavy attack to be found anywhere in my video....

I am so confused right now

Knight_Gregor
03-25-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry, but which video were you watching?

There isn't a single charged heavy attack to be found anywhere in my video....

I am so confused right now

The video above for me shows: "Conq Block Attack Tests," and shows only the first point in your initial post. Then goes to black screen at around 20 seconds.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 08:40 PM
The video above for me shows: "Conq Block Attack Tests," and shows only the first point in your initial post. Then goes to black screen at around 20 seconds.

Yeah, it doesn't say "Conq Charged Heavy Attack Tests" nor does it show any charged heavy attacks...

Knight_Gregor
03-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it doesn't say "Conq Charged Heavy Attack Tests" nor does it show any charged heavy attacks...

Ahh. I see my confusion now. I thought I saw you charging a few heavies in the video... ignore my previous stupidity.

MassiveD.
03-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Ahh. I see my confusion now. I thought I saw you charging a few heavies in the video... ignore my previous stupidity.

It's ok, I was just confused as to what was going on.

And yes I know the GB part is not in the video, I just CBA making another video, please take my word for it, it happens constantly, I was training against my friend today he was with his warden, and he could block every single time i tried to punish him with heavy after parry into GB.... which is really bad news because that is a reasonable ammount of free damage after parry

UbiNoty
03-26-2017, 12:11 AM
It may be a bug but I cannot be sure with just the video. I will make a note to the team about it so it can be looked into. You can also report the bug to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) which will also start the process for a bug investigation.

Knight_Gregor
04-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Any news about this? I'm still experiencing the same thing OP posted.

FootlessRhino
04-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Not to mention, that after parry into GB Conqueror doesn't seem to be able to connect a sideways heavy for free like every other class in the game?

for the record, not all classes get a free side heavy after GB. PK certainly doesn't, I don't think Raider gets a free heavy either.