PDA

View Full Version : Kensei ghost fighter

RoosterIlluzion
03-24-2017, 09:34 AM
So tonight I was fighting a Kensei in elimination, and three times my sword went through his body and he took no damage. Wasn't even staggered in his side step.
Kensei has too much range and damage, overall. He gives me way more trouble than an equal or better player using Orochi.

KL4Z1K
03-24-2017, 10:54 AM
So tonight I was fighting a Kensei in elimination, and three times my sword went through his body and he took no damage. Wasn't even staggered in his side step.
Kensei has too much range and damage, overall. He gives me way more trouble than an equal or better player using Orochi.

Hits going thu is the product of this peer 2 peer connection..
Kensei having too much range and damage? Yeah. He got great range and great damage. You know he's one of the least played heroes for a reason, right? That raeson is, that all his attacks are seen coming from a mile away. You have to have next level feint-game if you want to be effective with him.

In short. Kensei require triple the work to get anything out of. Don't complain about him. There's lots of others you can complain about.

Xaviloga
03-24-2017, 10:58 AM
I play a few characters, and for some reason i get my best performance with the kensei. Maybe is because i play in a 30FPS console version and most people cant turtle effectively, i cant either. If you come to me i side dash attack every time, unless you do a super predictable attack, then i try the parry, but far less than the side sash. It work most of the time. If you wait i attack from far away and keep distance. Really, i win with kensei faster and easier than with any other hero. I know that in this forum everyone is able to block and parry anything, easly. They win all the 1vs4 situations where they are ganked, easly. If they fight against an oponent that each 2 hits go to revenge mode, no problem, they kill him no matter the skill of that player... easly, etc. But in game most people are not these perfect killing machines that we see in the forums, luckly. In fact i see more 1 or 2 button spammers than any other thing.

Seriously, kensei maybe is not as good as top tier classes in pro top tournaments 1vs1. But in 30 FPS consoles you can play kensei and have fun with him.

RoosterIlluzion
03-24-2017, 11:18 AM
You don't have to feint anything. Just do the bullshiit side dodge, and side attack like the ******* Assassins do, and you win because nobodys guard switches fast enough to actually block.

KL4Z1K
03-24-2017, 11:27 AM
You don't have to feint anything. Just do the bullshiit side dodge, and side attack like the ******* Assassins do, and you win because nobodys guard switches fast enough to actually block.

His side attack is slow as **** and you can gb after blocking it normally. He can't tech it if you do.
Sounds like you have trouble adjusting your block to the right side. I had trouble in the beginning too. Nobody plays Kensei, so it's hard getting used the fact, that the attack comes from the opposite direction of what you think.

secrecy274
03-24-2017, 12:33 PM
I hate Kensei... his dodge attack gets me every time. I know it will come from the opposite direction, I just can't react to it.

However, that's a problem with me, not Kensei. I would say his pretty balanced overall.

guor6800
03-24-2017, 01:41 PM

As a rep 7 Kensei i can say every time i try to initiate with a side dodge attack it is parried 8/10. Also if you have problem against this you probably haven't met a good Kensei either. I used this attack and was effective during beta. After- launch is very high risk- very low reward.

Also as a tip. He dodges right you block left. And vice versa. Assassins dodge right and hit right. Kensei do it the other way around

Simi_Xiamara_
03-24-2017, 04:15 PM

I play console. A assassin who uses side dodge attack is easy parry

Zv1k0
03-24-2017, 04:40 PM
I play console. A assassin who uses side dodge attack is easy parry

So is kenseis. I main kensei and i wont even think about using side dodge attack against good player. I use it only against very aggressive players or certain moves that have long recovery and only because it counts as first chain attack which is very important on kensei. Its too much of a risk using it like any other attack. Even if you dont get parried you get gbed if blocked so...its not that good as people say. It scks actually...all dodge attacks are useless on high level and no one uses them. Except nobushi which is the fastest imo just cause you can cancel recovery frames with it. And you cant even punish her heavy dodge attack...

dreamcatcher09
03-25-2017, 08:52 PM
I hate Kensei... his dodge attack gets me every time. I know it will come from the opposite direction, I just can't react to it.

However, that's a problem with me, not Kensei. I would say his pretty balanced overall.

I don't even use sidestep unless I know it is safe as a counter because I always get punished for attempting to branch out with kensei, haha. That's just how variable mileage is I guess.

But sidestep counts as a dodgeattack I think so your attack will go through Kensei during the short invulnerability window, that's intended.