PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason we can't start a class action suit against UBI?

the_bull300
03-24-2017, 08:22 AM
UBISOFT has clearly released and delivered a game knowing that it is not complete. knowing it's systems are reliant on factors not with in it's control to pass the blame.

Is there a reason we cant start a global action to have them at least try and fix the game. disconnections are rampant the issue is my internet according to UBI, something out of both mine and UBI's control. UBI should have released dedicated servers so we can enjoy the game for longer than 5 minutes and then getting disconnected and losing any will to play the game.

there has to be something that can be done to FORCE UBI to complete the game to a standard that you expect from a multi-million developer with a multi-million AAA title.

Extropy
03-24-2017, 08:33 AM
I swear at this point I'm beginning to think somebody is paying you people to spam the forums with negativity, dunno what you're on "enjoy the game for longer than 5 minutes", I've enjoyed it for longer than 300 hours already.

berserker7331
03-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Im very happy with the game with my rep 23 warden, and yea i agree, are you on someone's payroll to sabotage this awesomeness game?

massive02
03-24-2017, 08:39 AM
@Extropy, lol I know right.

to the OP. I want to encourage you to start that class action lawsuit.Good luck

Tillo.
03-24-2017, 08:40 AM
You don't experience long matchmaking queues? Matchmaking errors sending you back to menu? Game pausing everytime someone leaves the match? Game crashing when the host leaves without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Bugisoft can't deliver uninterrupted online gameplay and you say we are being negative?
I think you are being paid to troll us.

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 08:44 AM
The game has no more serious problems than any other online game I've played, and I've played hundreds of them.

Yes at first the dc rate was too high but they've dealt with that and now I pretty much never get disconnected from a game.

Flipmeisters
03-24-2017, 09:45 AM
For me, the situation is getting worse week after week. I am now completely unable to play even 2v2, and in 1v1 i never find players... 8v8 has been almost impossible since the release. I
I really like the game and would like to play but yesterday, after 1 hour (!) of looong matchmaking foolowed by a dsiconnections, I decided to quit. But I was really enjoying the game. Note that I played many online games and I never had issues (PC/Xbox one)

tonycawley69
03-24-2017, 09:47 AM
For me, the situation is getting worse week after week. I am now completely unable to play even 2v2, and in 1v1 i never find players... 8v8 has been almost impossible since the release. I
I really like the game and would like to play but yesterday, after 1 hour (!) of looong matchmaking foolowed by a dsiconnections, I decided to quit. But I was really enjoying the game. Note that I played many online games and I never had issues (PC/Xbox one)

You're absolutely right, 8v8 has been impossible from the start! 😂

Moondyne_MC
03-24-2017, 11:40 AM
The game has no more serious problems than any other online game I've played, and I've played hundreds of them.

Yes at first the dc rate was too high but they've dealt with that and now I pretty much never get disconnected from a game.

Dang, you got it good. I get disconnected from 80%+ of my games, which has even extended in to Duel/Brawls recently.

Mikidjolejoca
03-24-2017, 12:05 PM

This is true, however the real problem is that Ubisoft sold the game advertising certain number of maps and 12 fighters. Now, after the game is released, they remove High fort and River fort from the multiplayer and also stated that "We forecasted that most players would play one to three characters".

This can be counted as false advertising, why they didn't stated that before the game was released. Also, they cut the amount of maps by 20% from the initial- sold product.

secrecy274
03-24-2017, 12:29 PM
This is true, however the real problem is that Ubisoft sold the game advertising certain number of maps and 12 fighters. Now, after the game is released, they remove High fort and River fort from the multiplayer and also stated that "We forecasted that most players would play one to three characters".

This can be counted as false advertising, why they didn't stated that before the game was released. Also, they cut the amount of maps by 20% from the initial- sold product.
Lets see. they promised 12 fighters.
We have:
Knights: Warden, Conqueror, Peacekeeper, Lawbringer.
Vikings: Raider, Warlord, Berserker, Valkyrie.
Samurai: Kensei, Orochi, Shugoki, Nobushi.
That's 12 fighters, like promised. That most people will stick to one to three characters has nothing at all to do with their promises.

As for the maps, they have clearly stated there were problems with them, that's why they removed them until they are fixed. I for one prefer it that one, since
you can't always chose map.

the_bull300
03-24-2017, 12:37 PM
We have:
That's 12 fighters, like promised. That most people will stick to one to three characters has nothing at all to do with their promises.

As for the maps, they have clearly stated there were problems with them, that's why they removed them until they are fixed. I for one prefer it that one, since

so they have connectivity issues with 2 maps, removing them for debugging, awesome. I though t I would try again because I'm a masochist... 1 minute 30 seconds my match lasted, not to mention my warden was stuck at spawn in the idol animation (holding sword by the pommel and sword to the ground) for 10 seconds before i could move.

ScSGenesis
03-24-2017, 12:38 PM
I swear at this point I'm beginning to think somebody is paying you people to spam the forums with negativity, dunno what you're on "enjoy the game for longer than 5 minutes", I've enjoyed it for longer than 300 hours already.

congratulation, then u are one of the several players, which can enjoy the game, without any trouble ;)

secrecy274
03-24-2017, 12:39 PM
so they have connectivity issues with 2 maps, removing them for debugging,

No one said it were connectivity issues though...

chiller2k3
03-24-2017, 12:55 PM
200 houres in and my connection was bad at maybe 2 days. Every now and then I get disconnects (nothing dramatic) and stuff like you hear a lot in the forum.
Matchmaking for me is way to short, the MM gets from player skill "strict" to "All level" within 1 minute. I would like to wait at least 5 mins to get a good match up though.

I have seen worse games after release and I'm pretty sure that it will get fixed for others in the future too.

Gray360UK
03-24-2017, 01:05 PM
There are several good reasons why not. Common sense is top of my list. Being an adult, having a sense of perspective and not being a giant drama queen are all quite high on that list too.

SJW_Kriegor
03-24-2017, 01:19 PM
People who think this forum is full of complaints never saw Overwatch's forum at the beginning. 3 out of 4 messages were about:
- "worst servers ever" with inadmissible tickrates
- "worst mmr ever" that forces you to lose in order for you to be at 50% winrates
- "worst balance ever"
- "too low skill ceiling", game dedinitely dead in 3 months at most
- false advertising
Things almost broke out of control during summer events because new cosmetic elements could not be bought with in game money (like For Honor's steel).

Here it kinda feels like a peaceful place in comparison. You need to understand our times, where customers are born with a golden spoon in their mouth. In their mind workers are overpaid, they never work enough and worst, they make mistakes. That's unacceptable.

Mikidjolejoca
03-24-2017, 01:38 PM
We have:

en
Regarding fighters, When someone has good intentions, he brought out all the facts before selling something to you, not after - like Ubi. Certainly they were not lying, they just "forgotten" to present all facts on time.

Regarding maps, if you have some problems with the product that you already sold to someone, than you should compensate the users. For example, you should lower the cost for the emotes at least. In our case, we have not all the maps that we paid for, and at the same time Ubi trying to rob us with microtransactions.
For me, this is bad business model.

RatedChaotic
03-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Ya good luck with a lawsuit. It will crumble before it goes anywhere. I've seen these threads in....ESO, Battleborn, Starwars, and many other titles. Not once have I seen anything happen. Basically these threads just brings out the trolls.....<as rated crawls out from under his bridge yawning from his slumber>

SJW_Kriegor
03-24-2017, 01:56 PM
If such lawsuit could work, nobody would risk making game anymore. Not even CD Projekt. Too many bugs + downgrade on the witcher 3 would have cost them a fortune.
Maybe Nintendo would release one Zelda every ten years?

massive02
03-24-2017, 03:56 PM
so they have connectivity issues with 2 maps, removing them for debugging, awesome. I though t I would try again because I'm a masochist... 1 minute 30 seconds my match lasted, not to mention my warden was stuck at spawn in the idol animation (holding sword by the pommel and sword to the ground) for 10 seconds before i could move.

Since many of us don't really have problems that you are facing; Lets try to figure out what the solution is. What's your platform? if your on PC what's your specs and ISP? do you have an antivirus which could be interfering?

What is your NAT ? For Honor requires certain ports to be open https://portforward.com/help/for-honor-nat-type-open/

SJW_Kriegor
03-24-2017, 04:21 PM
There should be an international ruling.. that all game companies should have a dedicated server in all continents that they wish to sell the game, and that the game be fully supported for a minimum of say 2 years.

Customer protection if you like... not just for Ubi, but everyone who markets/sells computer games

That would kill 99.9% of video game releases. Most online games do without dedicated servers. Absolutely all fighting games (without even a single exception since even For Honor doesn't have ones), all RTS, all arcade games in general, almost all action-adventure games with multiplayer modes, almost all simulations, a big part of racing and sports games, and still a non negligible part of shooters, not mentioning every indie release.

Also there will almost only be games for North America. A lot of games have dedicated servers only in NA (and I'm not talking small games, I'm talking League of Legend's kind of games!) while the rest of the world is satisfied with good old peer-to-peer (which is why, with games like For Honor, you read far less complaints about the servers on french forums for example, they're just used to it).

What you're suggesting would dramatically change the universe of video games. The part where every company has to fully support their game for a minimum of 2 years is also amazing though it would basically affect releases the same way. Only the biggest companies launching AAA FPS/TPS only (and a few racing games) would still produce games. On the plus part, the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises would win far more money than they do now since everyone will be more or less forced to play them.

NiteShadeCG
03-24-2017, 04:29 PM
I admit the connection and error problems at launch were horrible but with each maintenance/hotfix/update these problems have slowly gotten better for me. Yesterday's update was so good for me that i played around six hours with no error's OR no crashed matches from someone leaving , it was amazing how smooth it went.

Pope138
03-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Firstly: How is the game incomplete? Serious question--I do not know what you are referring to.
Secondly: While dedicated servers would be nice, Ubi is under no obligation to provide them and never said they would.

So, no, I certainly wouldn't advise you to try and take them to court. lol

Prophit618
03-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Being dissatisfied with the state of the game is not the same as false advertising. They gave us everything that was advetised thus far, or when something has been removed (either temporarily like maps or permanently like some of the original special edition rewards), it's been done within the constraints of their EULA.
As for connection issues, no game can reliably guarantee good connections, especially with P2P, and their EULA reflects that as well.
There's simply no legal ground to stand on.

Operch
03-24-2017, 06:29 PM
I think it's a generational thing. This outrage that the game isn't 100% ironclad and bug free and all the rewards aren't easily attainable in a day or two. Anyone else remember when Ultima Online launched? How about World of Warcraft? Too far back? Lets say Destiny then.

All of them had huge horrifically sloppy launches that would make this look like child's play. The amount of cross-carrying outrage threads posted for this game is staggering. Some of you are acting like they have attacked you physically or something. It's tiring hearing all the constant whining. You bore me, time to go play some For Honor.

cragar212
03-24-2017, 06:51 PM
The fact that you asked if there is a reason you can't sue on a video game forum is reason enough

ValdyKawaii
03-24-2017, 06:59 PM
If you want to start a law suit my best advice for you is to main a Lawbringer.

massive02
03-24-2017, 07:47 PM
If you want to start a law suit my best advice for you is to main a Lawbringer.

Lmao I see what you did there. Clever