PDA

View Full Version : Elite Equipment Question

SendRickPics
03-24-2017, 04:32 AM
So I've been playing around for a while, and I'm sure everyone has noticed that there is special end game "legendary" equipment, that is denoted by stars in the item name/description. A prime example being the Peacekeeper "Narzan" weapons.

Now I've noticed that all known pieces are weapons... however a curiosity has developed, a question. "Is there 'legendary' armor?"

Well I would hope that Ubisoft would be able to answer this one in time as currently it does not appear to be so.

Chucky_Jones
03-24-2017, 05:17 AM
So far each hero has one elite weapon set but not armor.

FootlessRhino
04-14-2017, 05:12 PM
wut? no armor? man, I opened 26 boxes yesterday expecting to get at least one piece of fancy armor, I thought I've seen people wearing nice looking sets. I ended up getting 4 Narzan blades, 3 daggers and 3 hilts instead. the **** am I suppose to do with them now?:confused:

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 05:21 PM
wut? no armor? man, I opened 26 boxes yesterday expecting to get at least one piece of fancy armor, I thought I've seen people wearing nice looking sets. I ended up getting 4 Narzan blades, 3 daggers and 3 hilts instead. the **** am I suppose to do with them now?:confused:

Did that when I first got a Narzan Dagger, looking for the whole set. In the end it wasn't wasted entirely as I didn't even get the full weapon set from those 30 or so crates, so I would've been opening them earlier, but fortunately somoene on the forums clued me in to the lack of armor so I could stop opening crates when I got the full weapon set.

FootlessRhino
04-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Did that when I first got a Narzan Dagger, looking for the whole set. In the end it wasn't wasted entirely as I didn't even get the full weapon set from those 30 or so crates, so I would've been opening them earlier, but fortunately somoene on the forums clued me in to the lack of armor so I could stop opening crates when I got the full weapon set.

Was thinking there's no way weapon/armor drop ratio is set up right, turns out there's no armor at all haha. Luckily I still kept 4k steel, lol. Still, so much currency wasted.. could've bought a few ornaments instead.

Pope138
04-14-2017, 05:40 PM
What makes these elite weapons so special? Is it just cosmetics? Because the ones I got for my Warlord look kinda dumb imo.

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Was thinking there's no way weapon/armor drop ratio is set up right, turns out there's no armor at all haha. Luckily I still kept 4k steel, lol. Still, so much currency wasted.. could've bought a few ornaments instead.

If what I've heard about new armor sets coming in the next season is correct, I would imagine that is what they're talking about. Fingers crossed, cause I would love to pimp out my PK some more.

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 05:41 PM
What makes these elite weapons so special? Is it just cosmetics? Because the ones I got for my Warlord look kinda dumb imo.

Purely cosmetic, yeah. For some, the Warlord's in particular, I don't think they look very good. But Warden, PK, Nobushi, and Valkyrie all look pretty pimp.

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Thank you guys. I was thinking I'd get everything with the star. I'm glad I didnt waste anything trying for them. I got the Conqs handle thought it was cool. Was about to open boxes for gear with stars to match it. Thanks for saving me.

teksuo1
04-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Getting boxes for a cosmetic isn't worth it imo. by rep ~9 you have seen all 3 starred pieces usually. (just from end of game rewards.)

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Getting boxes for a cosmetic isn't worth it imo. by rep ~9 you have seen all 3 starred pieces usually. (just from end of game rewards.)

This is absolutely correct. I regret spending the steel on it personally, when I could have the other cosmetics you can't get for free instead (emotes, outfits, ornaments).

I just figured that since I never play anything but PK (now I have a Rep 3 Kensei to, but at the time, only PK ever), what else am I gonna use the steel for? And I had to have that matching set.

Gray360UK
04-14-2017, 09:51 PM
This is absolutely correct. I regret spending the steel on it personally, when I could have the other cosmetics you can't get for free instead (emotes, outfits, ornaments).

Yes I totally agree. I spent a lot of Steel on crates trying to get the Narzan Dagger for my PK to complete the Legendary set (already had Hilt and Blade). About 10,000 Steel in crates later I gave up and decided I could live without it. It dropped this week at the end of a round ... lol