PDA

View Full Version : (Patch 1.04) Still Getting 0002001512 Error Matchmaking Failed

Mia.Nora
03-24-2017, 12:25 AM
I was hoping the improvements and fixes involved below

ERROR
Matchmaking Failed. Returning to Main Menu. (0002001512)

But after patch this is still all I get after an hour of queueing. Not a single match started.

Open Green NAT
Very High Activity / High Activity 4v4 modes

What is this Error, and when will it be fixed? I even miss good old 0006 errors that crashed the game, since at least I could make it into a game back then:(

MonkeyCharmer
03-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Yep same for me as well on PC,
Open Green NAT
Very High Activity / High Activity 4v4 modes

I am also getting it on all 4vAI as well.

On a side note though I have never gotten into 4v4 elimination or Skirmish, always the same 0002001512 error

UbiNoty
03-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Hi Mynban - I believe that specific error message usually occurs when the session host manually quits before it's creation. Are you seeing this error message at any other times other than before the match begins? (ie: in the middle/end of a match) How many times have you encountered this error message?

Mia.Nora
03-24-2017, 01:02 AM
Hi Mynban - I believe that specific error message usually occurs when the session host manually quits before it's creation. Are you seeing this error message at any other times other than before the match begins? (ie: in the middle/end of a match) How many times have you encountered this error message?

Hi UbiNoty,

I have never seen that error in mid/end of a match. It always happens like that without exception;

1. Pick the game mode and queue
2. Several minutes game stays on Matchmaking Searching screen
3. Then said error pops (without a lobby ever forming). So game never reaches the point it says Joining Match

I encountered it maybe hundreds of times. For every one game I manage join, I get to go through that error maybe 10-20 times..

Thanks for looking into it!

Tyler-Durdin
03-24-2017, 01:32 AM
Happens to me also.
So much in fact I have had to start playing SOLO Vs Ai as I have no other option, other than to quit the game for good which may just happen yet.

MonkeyCharmer
03-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Quick question to the people that get "matchmaking Error 0002001512" what regions are you in?
I am in Australia and in my off peak times I get this error in all modes of 4v4 and 4vAI. In my peak time I can get into 4v4 domination and all 4vAI's, but I never ever get into 4v4 Elimination or Skirmish no matter off peak or peak times

Tyler-Durdin
03-24-2017, 03:21 AM
We must be the only 2 players left in Australia mate.
I get it no matter peak-offpeak times makes me believe that our region has abandonded the game entirely.
Why ive chosen to play solo cbf waiting just to time out of matchmaking I just wanna play the game.

teksuo1
03-24-2017, 03:26 AM
NAT has little to do with this i think.
ive been enjoying the game on a yellow NAT without nearly as much issues as everyone else (apparently).

playing everyday for huge sessions (usually 7-8 hours) since launch.

*i play dominion pvp almost exclusively though ; don't know if other modes are having more issues.

I live relatively close to Montreal though, maybe that helps? idk.

Mia.Nora
03-24-2017, 03:44 AM
Quick question to the people that get "matchmaking Error 0002001512" what regions are you in?
I am in Australia and in my off peak times I get this error in all modes of 4v4 and 4vAI. In my peak time I can get into 4v4 domination and all 4vAI's, but I never ever get into 4v4 Elimination or Skirmish no matter off peak or peak times

I am also from Oceania region (NZ) nd on [PC]

But game population has never been an issue in any other games I played? I find a LoL normal game in less than 10 seconds, and ranked game with specific lane choice in under 2 minutes.

I mean come on! How come there can not be 7 other people in whole Oceania region to form an Elimination? I doubt it has anything to do with playercount since the mod also shows Very High Activity

Bob__Gnarly
03-24-2017, 03:45 AM

PC player from Aus, same issues as you.

Green NAT with game modes displaying as very high/high activity yet cannot find a match. I'm assuming this is world wide activity.

It's next to impossible to find a match of Skirmish at any time and can only find matches of Dominion & Elimination during peak times. The game is not worth turning on during off peak hours, this is only a month after release...

Oridiian
03-24-2017, 03:50 AM
Also an Aussie player - although "player" is a pretty loose term. I get this error CONSTANTLY, I have probably made it into 2 or 3 PVP matches in the past month. Everything fails with the same error code, before ever getting into a match. Doesn't matter which game mode I pick, or what time I am online. Open NAT, even went to the trouble of port forwarding my router just in case. Nada.

I am forced to play vs AI, with AI teammates - can't even get a player vs AI match going. This is complete bs. I payed top dollar to get this game at launch, and 99% of my game time has been single player. Oh, and I haven't even been able to play SINGLE PLAYER sometimes due to server maintenance. Seriously!? P2P PVP that doesn't work, and always-online single player that only sometimes works?

Who do I talk to about compensation or a refund?

MonkeyCharmer
03-24-2017, 04:16 AM
I dont think it is a population issue. but a regional issue. Now I am only guessing but every player I have spoken to from our region seems to be having an issue with "matchmaking Error 0002001512. So it must have something to do with it. maybe an issue connecting to the matchmaking data centre or something similar.

rookiethenewguy
03-24-2017, 04:17 AM
Yep, I have Moderate NAT, however, I have had no connection issues since launch until this patch.

Mia.Nora
03-24-2017, 04:19 AM
I dont think it is a population issue. but a regional issue. Now I am only guessing but every player I have spoken to from our region seems to be having an issue with "matchmaking Error 0002001512. So it must have something to do with it. maybe an issue connecting to the matchmaking data centre or something similar.

I made a quick check on the internet to back your story; however it turns out it happens in other regions as well (based on steam and reddit posts about 0002001512)

But who knows?

Tyler-Durdin
03-24-2017, 04:32 AM
After another batch of unsuccessful matchmaking attempts and playing a few solo Vs Ai I have decided to let this game go I have no faith what so ever that it will be fixed so I'm taking the $140 loss and chalking it down that I'm never buying from Ubi again no matter how kickass the game may "look"
.I wish my fellow Aussies well but enough is enough for me.

Bob__Gnarly
03-24-2017, 04:37 AM
After another batch of unsuccessful matchmaking attempts and playing a few solo Vs Ai I have decided to let this game go I have no faith what so ever that it will be fixed so I'm taking the $140 loss and chalking it down that I'm never buying from Ubi again no matter how kickass the game may "look"
.I wish my fellow Aussies well but enough is enough for me.

Same boat to be honest. I could stare at my grass growing out front and have the same experience as i get from For Honor.

It's time to cut losses and move on. Never buying Ubisoft again.

MonkeyCharmer
03-24-2017, 06:36 AM

Is there anything you can tell us about this issue. It is killing alot of peoples game.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-24-2017, 07:11 AM
Im definitely getting this error several minutes into a match or a minture after it started in some cases. Annoying

aiden247
03-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Every since patch 1.03 I can't join any matches besides a 1v1. NAT type green and I tried port forwarding. Thought this patch would fix the error but still getting the same error! It's absolute BS! I play Rainbow Six siege no problem and find games in seconds. Clearly they have messed this game up badly and I tried contacting Ubisoft and they asked me some questions then I heard nothing from them regarding this issue. Clearly they can't fix the issue so they just ignore us instead of just telling us they are looking into this specific issue and will let us know. Won't be buying another Ubisoft game again!:mad:

Mia.Nora
03-25-2017, 05:49 AM
Is there any news regarding the Matchmaking Failed Error ???

This is the most game breaking error out there, because simply it means no matter how long you wait and try there are no matches at all.

Mia.Nora
03-26-2017, 10:01 PM
No updates?

UbiNoty this Error is preventing any play at all, and it is easy to replicate.

UbiNoty
03-27-2017, 12:03 AM
No updates?

UbiNoty this Error is preventing any play at all, and it is easy to replicate.

Hi Mynban, I'll try to answer your question as best as I can. While there's no one reason for why you might receive the 'Matchmaking Failed Error', you'll likely most often see it when the matchmaking system is unable to find a successful NAT type combination that will allow you to proceed into a match.
We recently released a detailed post about successful vs unsuccessful matchmaking types - you can read it here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat).

The result of having a Strict NAT is a longer matchmaking time between players. This is because our matchmaking will have to match you only with players who have an Open NAT (for instance in 4vs4 the matchmaking system will have to find seven Open NAT players to make you play with).

However, a moderate NAT will also influence the success rate of matchmaking (though it's impact is much less than a strict NAT). It's why we stress the importance of Open NATs - because it leads to improved matchmaking, better match stability and greater overall connectivity health for everyone in the game.

Hope that answers a few of your questions at least. Let me know if you want clarification on anything else!

Mia.Nora
03-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Hi Mynban, I'll try to answer your question as best as I can. While there's no one reason for why you might receive the 'Matchmaking Failed Error', you'll likely most often see it when the matchmaking system is unable to find a successful NAT type combination that will allow you to proceed into a match.
We recently released a detailed post about successful vs unsuccessful matchmaking types - you can read it here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat).

However, a moderate NAT will also influence the success rate of matchmaking (though it's impact is much less than a strict NAT). It's why we stress the importance of Open NATs - because it leads to improved matchmaking, better match stability and greater overall connectivity health for everyone in the game.

Hope that answers a few of your questions at least. Let me know if you want clarification on anything else!

Hi UbiNoty,

Unfortunately it does not explain anything at all, since I already have OPEN GREEN NAT, and have had it for the whole duration. This Error is consistent and in the past week in total of near 8 hours attempts I could get into only 5 games!!

There is nothing to improve on my end, since I already have Open Green NAT, attempting to play Very High Activity or High Activity game mods.

I have the best NAT type you suggest, I should have the best matchmaking and stability possible, yet I can not even join a game at all???

Tyler-Durdin
03-27-2017, 11:52 PM
10 matchmaking errors in a row 00020001512 within 1hr.Open NAT high activity.
Your not listening to your players just giving us some generic response telling players its something on our end that is wrong.
Your losing players faster than lightspeed. This can be the only reason matchmaking fails.
The high Activity is worldwide activity not region based and since you segregated regions this issue cannot be players fault.
While you can blame players for having bad connections the fact remains your system is flawed beyond repair and no amount of damage control will bring players back.
I do enjoy playing the game even if I'm forced to play solo Vs Ai BUT the $140 AUD I paid for a MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE wasn't worth it and players agree since like I said they are leaving faster than lightspeed.

Ceciss
04-17-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm from Argentina, I'm having this same error. Just got the game, I'm not able to join any pvp match, NAT is green.

Is this acknowledged by the developers or should I just ask for a refund? :nonchalance:

(BTW I've never had any problems connecting to multiplayer games or MMOs, even the most amateur ones)

Moonswan29
08-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I'm from AUS too. I've been getting this error since March. Sound like it was after the 1.03 update along with you guys.
I cannot get into any 4v4 I have sent constant emails to Ubisoft complaining about this and have spoken to numerous
operators there and they have done everything to blame my connection after running through ports and other trouble
shooting to no avail. They told me to speak to my ISP. Lol. Talk about passing the buck.

I stopped playing this game as I like Dominion and could only play it against AI. 4 months have passed and I logged on
thinking that an update must have come out that fixed it as I went straight into a Domination game around 8pm EST.

I have not been able to get into another game since hahahahahahaaha this is b*sh*t.

Back to Player Unknown Battlegrounds it is! I have no matchmaking problems with anyother mutliplayer game I have.

Ubisofts Regional PvP Matchmaking is broken. They need to fix it before they lose everyone.

ATHAME
08-18-2017, 05:00 PM
also in South Africa had this problem form day one

Is there any on in Ubisoft that can help

can all you guys go and add you names and country to the port in the link
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1726578-Error-0002001512-i-m-on-board?p=12854302#post12854302

RatedChaotic
08-18-2017, 05:33 PM
East Coast US. I get the same error in the majority of my games. I may complete one out of every 4 attempts. Its either I get the error before I join or I disconnected after I join or I join a game almost over. Full completed games for me is like looking for a real unicorn. I keep looking but never find one.

I have a green nat and use the highest grade connection offered from my provider. Spectrum. Get Dedicated Servers here asap and stop ****in with this crap that is never going to work. You can use those assets some other place that will actually produce positive results. I even bet you have more employees trying to fix this p2p mess than working on your dedicated servers at the moment. #assbackwards

In the last few days the only ones I seem to get to finish are the ones I get in with a few mins to go.

Just look thru your forums and tally up all the negative vs positive comments to your connection and stability. I'm sure you guys hit a record.