PDA

View Full Version : For Honor breaks record in losing players

mammakamelen
03-23-2017, 05:48 PM
For Honor has managed to lose over 70% of its playerbase, only beaten by No Mans Sky in later years. Turns out this is one of the most disappointing games of the decade.

Ubisoft is planning to support this game for about six more months, after that it will be left alone and they will move on to other titles.

It's really interesting to read about how they made so.much money with.such a bad product.

Extropy
03-23-2017, 05:51 PM
It's a bad product? Well damn, I guess I should just uninstall and stop having fun every day. :(

Ubisoft is planning to support this game for about six more months.

I would like to see a source for this claim.

wolkerbo
03-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Coz is a great idea ruined by the matchmaking....

XiscoUplay
03-23-2017, 05:55 PM
http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count/

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

Love the concept... very poor excution imho, by far the worst community and toxic players i ve seen in decades. For sure i ll never again will fall on the trap. i just hope some company will make a "hardcore" copycat of the mechanics and treat the community better.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-23-2017, 06:03 PM
The only toxic player around here is you.
Ye,s the games has a lot of laws, but they can fix this, and many players would come back if they do.

Captain-Courage
03-23-2017, 06:05 PM
For Honor has managed to lose over 70% of its playerbase, only beaten by No Mans Sky in later years. Turns out this is one of the most disappointing games of the decade.

Ubisoft is planning to support this game for about six more months, after that it will be left alone and they will move on to other titles.

It's really interesting to read about how they made so.much money with.such a bad product.

The product is not bad. It's even very good.

The services revolving around ("Games as services" as they said) are bad, very bad, and it's basically what kills the game (it contains network architecture, monnetisation, response time, reactivity when fixing issues, balancing and such ...).
They don't know how to exploit a game in the long term yet. But the players won't wait for them Ad Vitam Aeternam, they'll play games with devs /publishers that are better service providers indeed (remember that one with the name of a very cold wind ?)

sheepsters119
03-23-2017, 06:11 PM
The game is fun and i love the gameplay but the servers and bugs are getting bad. I just spent an hour trying to complete dominant skirmisher (go on a 8 kill streak) and after not dying an entire skirmish game with 11 kills i still didnt get the xp. Plz ubi fix this game i love it and i hate that its dying off because you neglect your player base

mammakamelen
03-23-2017, 06:11 PM
This was just stating facts. No need to attack :)

It is the connection issues that caused the big drop, rockpaperahotgun reported.

zide-
03-23-2017, 06:13 PM
They turned the ship around with R6 Siege which was a mess at launch but sure it took them nearly a year to address the issues community was complaining about. We'll see how it goes but it doesn't look good considering how silent the devs have been regarding balance, connectivity and other actual issues.

XiscoUplay
The only toxic player around here is you.
Ye,s the games has a lot of laws, but they can fix this, and many players would come back if they do.

Numbers talks themselves... you took the offence...

Captain-Courage
This was just stating facts. No need to attack :)

It is the connection issues that caused the big drop, rockpaperahotgun reported.

It is indeed, and that's part of the services, the exact thing they said they will put emphasis on. Still waiting.
As soon as the P2P architecture was validated at Ubi's office, the game was already screwed.

LinkZeppeloyd
http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count/

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

Love the concept... very poor excution imho, by far the worst community and toxic players i ve seen in decades. For sure i ll never again will fall on the trap. i just hope some company will make a "hardcore" copycat of the mechanics and treat the community better.

I still enjoy some on Ubi's single player games. I had a great experience with FC3, FC4, and Shadow of Mordor. Yet, even some of their recent single player games, Heroes of MM 6 and 7 for example, that still had ridiculous technical issues and "disconnects" from Ubi servers... in solo player game.

But no online game from Ubi, ever again. I have once and for all been cured of any delusions here. R6S had me fooled into thinking this would be better. Ha ha.

deady2007
03-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Im a noob playing the first day.

Got rekt by mid to pros now in 80% of my games.

Im so frustrated right now that I instantly leave the duel after one death when I see he is huge over my skill level.

I dont care.

Thanks matchmaking...

invalid target0
03-23-2017, 06:15 PM
I hope they fire the current dev team. They seem good at concept but bad at execution. Put them on some mobile project and give FO to a competent team.

LinkZeppeloyd
03-23-2017, 06:18 PM
I hope they fire the current dev team. They seem good at concept but bad at execution. Put them on some mobile project and give FO to a competent team.

IMO the real silver lining of FH is "proof of concept." I really hope an actual gaming company is working on a medieval fighting game as we speak. They now know the market exists, and that they have no competition.

Ubi-Gaidheal
03-23-2017, 06:21 PM

Not sure where (if) you found this info, but it's completely false. For Honor is here to stay.

I can't see anything constructive coming from this thread, so I'll close it.

/Gaid