PDA

View Full Version : How would you make Orochi viable

D-Philitix45
03-23-2017, 01:48 AM
I would either give him an unblockable heavy that doesn't rely on deflecting first or give him left/right dash heavy and dash forward heavy.

TheHolyPug
03-23-2017, 01:55 AM
i thought she WAS viable O.o

D-Philitix45
03-23-2017, 02:02 AM
Viable against noobs yes,but against top tier players or people that are good at blocking/parries Orochi is no where near good at all. They will just turtle hard because Orochi has LITERALLY no moves to break the turtle unless they get impatient. Added with the predictable attacks from Orochi it just makes it 10x harder to get through.

psyminion
03-23-2017, 03:11 AM
I hope once the defensive meta is tweaked it will make play-style the focus and not unblockable/light spam + shield defense.

orochi is kickass in a patient but active duel.

p00k.
03-23-2017, 03:29 AM
what would be the simplest would be an unblockable entry.
that said none of the other assassins do either, though pk is just fast enough to offset it

So failing that, bringing back the ability to cancel storm rush late would help (either outright cancel or switchup to gb like warden's shoulder).
Faster side lights would also be nice, seems kinda silly that vanguards and hybrids and even some of the tanks have faster lights than orochi. Doesn't necessarily change much vs turtles but would help overall.
And not just faster, having a 2hit sidelight instead of just toplight would also be helpful since orochi's follow up sidelights are so slow, and changeup is slow as well (might as well be a heavy). Compare that to how fast pk and zerk can changeup. Classes without fullblock can still pretty much default to top guard against orochi.
And since none of the assassins have unblockable entries, and are also straddled with reflex guard, perhaps let assassins cancel heavies without stam loss. Or ditch reflex guard altogether

Simi_Xiamara_
03-23-2017, 04:35 AM
I would either give him an unblockable heavy that doesn't rely on deflecting first or give him left/right dash heavy and dash forward heavy.
She is viable and even if she wasn't viable these ideas Def wouldn't do the trick. If they buff orochi anymore then they need nerf zone attack recovery time

D-Philitix45
03-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Forgot to mention about being able to feint Riptide Strike.