PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Peacekeepers Zone Attack Indicator Glitch

ArlianDeBias
03-22-2017, 02:48 AM
When a Peacekeeper uses their zone attack, consider the fact that s/he may simply be using their zone attack, not trying to maliciously cheat against you.

I've been accused of cheating 3 times out of the 2 hours of play time I've had today simply because I was using my zone attack. I use it occasionally when playing 1v1, or repeatedly to get out of dicey 4v1 situations in Dominion.

As far as I'm aware, the glitch happens when you switch your guard right before you zone attack, which shows an attack coming from the opposite direction to the enemy. The issue is that I'm constantly changing my guard very fast so I can try and hit the enemy before they have time to react, so this glitch may unintendedly happen when I use my zone attack. Does this make me a terrible cheater who's abusing glitches to get ahead of everyone else? No. It simply means there is a glitch that Ubisoft needs to take a look at and patch. I can't prevent this glitch from happening myself.

To reiterate, please stop accusing every Peacekeeper who uses a zone attack of cheating. I think you'll find the vast majority just want to play the game fairly and throwing baseless accusations around just makes everyone feel bad.

xmelesiox
03-22-2017, 03:17 AM
I got accused of this too without even knowing there was a glitch. It was from a high prestige player as well and I don't spam zone I use sparingly. But at this point unless your new to the game the PK zone attack always comes from the same direction but it would be nice if they fixed. Since I found out about the glitch I'm using my zone attack less just so people don't accuse me of cheating.

kosuzu.izayoi
03-22-2017, 04:13 AM
this happens to orochi and warden's ZA too
and even to conq's charged heavy attack. if you quickly change your direction when releasing heavy attack button, your opposite will see your attack direction changes twice before hitting

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-22-2017, 04:49 AM
It can happen on any ZA but really only matters with the faster ones

Simi_Xiamara_
03-22-2017, 05:00 AM
All zone attacks do it. Reason why is to use a zone attack you gota use the light+heavy attack and at same time. The zone attack has a alot forgiveness in the timing but what it ends up doing is it uses the light attack but then after a sec it's like oh your using a zone attack so it cancels the light attack into a zone.

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 11:42 AM
This is not a chat, it's a kara-cancel. I do this all the time in other fighting games. Hell soul calibur even made a mechanic called slide inputs that operate the same way.
The people I see complaining about this are turtles who don't like getting hit from the side they aren't guarding.

Duuklah
03-22-2017, 01:39 PM
No. Its a known bug.

You shouldnt be using a broken mechanic to your advantage. Dont lie you knew.

Its a ZONE ATTACK.. Why would you be using a focusless MASSIVE stam drain ability if it didnt provide some advantage?

There are 4 classes that abuse this to no end. I will not sit idly by while people use a bugged ability in a manner it isnt intended to be used and call it fair play.

We may as well start with 70% life vs PK orochi warden and WL..

Nuff said..

play those classes all you want. just DONT USE THE ZONE or feel the burn. No other classes in the game get free dmg from an ability meant to fight multiple NPCs or players.

Its well known now. STOP

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Lol, if every hero has the ability to do something, it doesn't sound like a bug it glitch, it sounds more like an intended mechanic.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Lol, if every hero has the ability to do something, it doesn't sound like a bug it glitch, it sounds more like an intended mechanic.

It's not a intended if it was you wouldn't be able to do it by accident

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 03:23 PM
It's not a intended if it was you wouldn't be able to do it by accident

So you are telling me you've never played a fighting game and done a move on accident? Lol try again noob

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Also for the sake of the argument, have the devs weighed in on this? Player opinions are only with face value at best. I'd like classification from a professional, personally. I'll have no issues if they see it as flawed, but until I hear from someone with actual experience behind the development, everything else is negligible.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-22-2017, 03:37 PM
So you are telling me you've never played a fighting game and done a move on accident? Lol try again noob
When that happens a diffrent move is used not the intended move. Your the noob lol I'm a pk main and this bug effects me most and I still wish for it to be removed your prob a pk that spams zone attacks and till their enemy knows what's going on then run away when you can't land a zone attack

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 03:43 PM
When that happens a diffrent move is used not the intended move. Your the noob lol I'm a pk main and this bug effects me most and I still wish for it to be removed your prob a pk that spams zone attacks and till their enemy knows what's going on then run away when you can't land a zone attack

Nice try on trying to psycho analyze my partake and take the "high road", it's nice that you main the class, but again. I argue you know less about actual fighting game mechanics of if you complain about this. Every class can do it. So you really think is a bug? Ok. Pretty much your whole response was "I know you are, but what am I!?" No facts, nothing but complaining and trash talking peyote you don't know.
So much for your high road. Lol noob

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Play style, not partake

Simi_Xiamara_
03-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Nice try on trying to psycho analyze my partake and take the "high road", it's nice that you main the class, but again. I argue you know less about actual fighting game mechanics of if you complain about this. Every class can do it. So you really think is a bug? Ok. Pretty much your whole response was "I know you are, but what am I!?" No facts, nothing but complaining and trash talking peyote you don't know.
So much for your high road. Lol noob

Ik the mechanics very well. I find it pretty sad you think it's a actual mechanic its like seeing a graphical error in a game and saying "nah it's there to give game some uniqueness"

Alustar.
03-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Then how about you prove it? I'm not above admitting I'm wrong, but to do that you need to provide proof that the devs have acknowledged it. It's pretty simple, I even said before I simply wanted to see the proof. Instead you dodge that point entirely and try to negate my opinion with nothing tangible.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Then how about you prove it? I'm not above admitting I'm wrong, but to do that you need to provide proof that the devs have acknowledged it. It's pretty simple, I even said before I simply wanted to see the proof. Instead you dodge that point entirely and try to negate my opinion with nothing tangible.
Easy a mechanic called feint. I HIGHLY doubt they would give a single skI'll a built in feint for no stamin

Iuslez_
03-22-2017, 05:03 PM
The game shows two indicators, yet there is an animation for only one of the indicator. That means one of the indicator doesn't get an animation, which is completely unusual in this game (compare it to feints, you clearly have the animation).
That's the best you'll get I think

ArlianDeBias
03-23-2017, 02:40 AM
play those classes all you want. just DONT USE THE ZONE or feel the burn. No other classes in the game get free dmg from an ability meant to fight multiple NPCs or players.

A zone attack isn't free damage, and peacekeepers zone can only come from one direction so it's easy to block if you naturally have your block facing that direction.

The issue is the indicator glitch, which Ubisoft has yet to fix.

Also, I've been accused twice today of cheating yet again, simply for using zone attacks. This really has to stop.