PDA

View Full Version : 3/21 Warrior's Den

UCFierce
03-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Much better job this week.

A couple of suggestions:
Give away some For Honor merchandise to those that you feature from Community Creations - - - a well designed emblem, drawing, or creative video submission certainly deserves as much
And forgive me for saying so - but you can at least showcase the wearables from your For Honor store that way - Marketing 101 guys. The couple thousand of people watching your twitch stream are probably the ONLY people actually willing to buy a t-shirt or a hoodie - make the most of your opportunity.
(BTW restock the XXL Vikings Hoodie).

If today was ANY indication - the community still believes in transparency - to say that the Viking maps are due back Friday, but UbiSoft/Devs actually asking the community please stress test them when they are reintroduced - is EXACLY what we want to hear.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 08:38 PM
I didn't watched. Anything about the big defense balance patch?

Johnnybeck.
03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Couldn't watch, which are the highlights from today? Thanks

We.the.North
03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Nope, they basically just told us what green / yellow / red NAT means, that they worked on the connectivity issues (which I am not seeing any difference) and that they would talk more about balance in the next week's warrior's den (which will mean the balance patch will come later than next week)

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 09:05 PM
I absolutely love the stones it takes to tell people to go buy their coffee.

Damien talked about the connectivity issues with patches both last week and this week. He said "It should fix part of the issues" that players have been having. He talked about the reboot of the console being a key component to repairing the issue. It didn't help me. But ...

Damien also talked about room for improvement and not all players were being affected. They're still working on it, and it's one of their "Top Priorities" to get solved. They're hoping to have better news next week. They also are fixing a visual glitch on the controller?????

They also published an article that helped people to better understand the Network Address Translation (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat) and how it affects your game play.

Damien reminded everyone that grouping with people who live on a different continent than you are in slows your connection and impacts your gameplay. Thanks for the note there Captain Obvious.

Damien said that the design of the game was not centered around unlocking all the content of the game. He specifically mentioned WOW and MOBAs as a reference point. The intention was that most players would play a single character and unlock the gear for that character completely. Cosmetic items for each character are considered to be end game items and should be looked at as what would be raid gear in MMOs or High End Gear for MOBAs. The intent was to get you to unlock those things in roughly a months time, and the reason for the weekly additions to the content was to add more things for the character that you're playing as a primary character. By providing multiple pieces it allowed for each character to be customized based on personal preference.

He talks about the unlock sequence and mentions some times. He says it's 5 hours of game time to unlock the feats, at which point you know whether or not you like your character. From there you gear up and then max your gear out and unlock all the extras like emotes, executions and elite gear.

Ubisoft is focusing on connectivity first before they even look into ranked mode games. They don't want ranked mode to be overrun with connectivity and cheating players. You dont say!?

Damien talked about rebalancing for characters specifically the Raider, Berserker and Lawbringer were the names he mentioned. They're testing the balances to see how they work and hope to have them out next week.

NOTE OF CLARIFICATION: Their french accents make it hard to understand so I'm trying to summarize as best I can.

cragar212
03-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Its crazy they have to tell people to reboot their systems.

People need to watch "the IT crowd"

TheHolyPug
03-21-2017, 09:13 PM
WHat are you on about? what is this?

dayLockey
03-21-2017, 09:17 PM
I think the main highlight of the stream was the mention that greener pastures await us next season of Faction War. New maps, heroes, gear, etc. It all sounds good on paper but there is one major, glaring problem that I see:

- next season isn't soon.
- For Honor loses more and more players each day due to the vast variety of issues both big and small
- how many players will still remain when next season rolls out? Will the hype/interest surrounding the game dissipate before the needed change/content finally arrives?

I guess we'll see.

UCFierce
03-21-2017, 09:18 PM
I absolutely love the stones it takes to tell people to go buy their coffee.

NOTE OF CLARIFICATION: Their french accents make it hard to understand so I'm trying to summarize as best I can.

You forgot the mediocre gameplay - which compared to this past weekends' tournament twitch streams from iSkys and Sypher was actually difficult to watch.
BUT THIS WEEK'S WARRIORS' DEN WAS BETTER.

I'm actually impressed that they took the time to look through the Community Creations Forum and pulled out a couple of videos -

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 09:21 PM
No clue what you're talking about.

You forgot the mediocre gameplay - which compared to this past weekends' tournament twitch streams from iSkys and Sypher was actually difficult to watch.
BUT THIS WEEK'S WARRIORS' DEN WAS BETTER.

DSxGearshift
03-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Bob__Gnarly
03-21-2017, 09:47 PM
So basically they're still defending their broken P2P system and exorbitant cash shop?

At least we're finally getting back the maps they took away and balance tweaks are coming at last.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Huh?

exorbitant cash shop?

Bob__Gnarly
03-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Huh?

Cash shop prob the incorrect term, but I'm referring to the expensive unlockables you purchase with steel. Steel which you either grind for a crazy amount of time or purchase with real money. I've never seen a pricing model so high in a full priced AAA game.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 10:57 PM
So what game is in you're playing that you get the End Game gear with less effort than this game?

Cash shop prob the incorrect term, but I'm referring to the expensive unlockables you purchase with steel. Steel which you either grind for a crazy amount of time or purchase with real money. I've never seen a pricing model so high in a full priced AAA game.

UCFierce
03-22-2017, 12:14 AM
So what game is in you're playing that you get the End Game gear with less effort than this game?

I would be severely disappointed if what we are seeing now is 'End Game Gear'.
To think that 108 gear is the highest available is sad - even the little ULTRA rare '* star' gear is anti climatic at this point.
Sure you need to get to Prestige 30 to get the final outfit - but really those are ONLY cosmetics - AND Ubisoft is offering comparable if not better Hero Outfits for purchase with steel - which is really just a money grab with microtransactions dominating the game.

I would really liked to have seen Ubisoft tease the new Heroes with an appearance in the Warriors' Den livestream, but at least the Devs and Ubisoft are starting to right the ship with respect to their weekly livestream

UbiJurassic
03-22-2017, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the input on today's stream, everyone! We're always looking to improve the stream, so your suggestions are important to us.

They also are fixing a visual glitch on the controller?????

It's a visual glitch with the Conqueror. ;) Thanks for summarizing the stream for everyone, xXl Plan B lXx!

SpArRtOn420
03-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Hey missed the stream, did they mention this week's content update?

Bob__Gnarly
03-22-2017, 12:40 AM

There are plenty of games that handle unlockables better than For Honor. Steel is a real grind and you'll want to save it for gear and upgrades for your class primarily. To gear up multiple characters will either cost you a large amount of time or a large amount of real money. This is just a fighting game, not a MMO. If you're happy with their current model, that's fine, but I think it's ridiculous and I hope other game devs shy away from such models, which are usually found in F2P games, not full priced AAA titles. It's pure greed at the end of the day.

lDelicious
03-22-2017, 12:50 AM
What about the Nobushi?...

DizzleFresh13
03-22-2017, 04:05 AM
If this were my stream I would do it like this.

- Discuss issues, patches, updates

- Fan Art

- Introduce one of the developers who works on the game.

- Upcoming content. New items, maps, heroes, etc.

- Questions from fans.

- Top gameplay or Emblem submissions

- Give Aways.

- Developers vs Fans or other Developers.

- Tournaments?

cragar212
03-22-2017, 04:51 AM
Starting to get the feeling they are only gonna do balance till start of s2. Halfway through s1 and all they say is they're working on it.

Mia.Nora
03-22-2017, 05:13 AM
Starting to get the feeling they are only gonna do balance till start of s2. Halfway through s1 and all they say is they're working on it.

https://www.bomgar.com/assets/images/blog/how_much_work.jpg

Dizzy4213
03-22-2017, 07:19 AM
The stream was more or less the same crap as last week.

Constantly beating around the bush spouting the same stuff over and over again. They can talk about connectivity problems all they want but everyone in the community knows they will never get fixed so long as we're stuck with the amazing P2P connection.

Then they tried to defend the absolute insane grind and justify it with some BS excuse about how we were never meant to unlock everything. So out of touch with the community, it's disgusting. I have never heard a developer say such a thing in all my years of gaming. I couldn't believe it!

As for the balance patch, we probably won't see any changes until Season 2 by the looks of it. I was hoping there would be some kind of update this week but oh well. The longer the devs keep delaying everything, more and more people are gonna lose interest. For Honor could have been great, but sadly it's being destroyed by incompetent developers. There's a whole list of bugs on Reddit and hardly any of them have been fixed.

Bob__Gnarly
03-22-2017, 07:32 AM
Meanwhile back in reality, I've been able to complete a single Dom match in a hour and a half. Most of my time staring at the searching for players screen while i surf the net. Every now n then I'll get into a match only for it to freeze on the re-sync screen and never recover. If i actually make it passed that point, i can play for a bit. That's until someone decides to rage quit or drop out, causing the game to boot me or everyone else.

Good times!

Keep up the stellar work Ubi!!

Maaci
03-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Since ubisoft listens to this thread.
Please have someone with a better english on the streams, it was really annoying listening to that game developer talk.
If you are gonna stream, why do you have an unskilled player? Is it because you know the meta defence is so boring to play and watch, that is why you have a bad player there so there is some kind of action? He blocks bad, he guardbreak defends bad, no parries and very very little amount of feints while he attacks when he were on frame-disadvantage.

I never got confimation(might have been because i skimped through the stream) of who was playing on the other side. I got the impression that the player on the other side were the game developer that was on the stream?
If and only if so, it feels kinda ridicilous that you guys compliment him like that, its like telling the world that our game developer sure knows how to play and therefore knows how to design this game.
Which atm the deisgn of the game is lacking heavily.

All in all, it feels like a PR stream to me the way you defend the progress of chars. It takes a long time to unlock several classes. To me you are a greedy company that doesnt fix the issues with the game and "defend" your way of doing it. Cant speak much about the connectivty issues cuz i dont have any proof on that.

All in all i watched the stream hoping to get a glimpse of what YOUR PHILOSOPHY IS on the game. Since i dont play the game, reason, the game is lacking in several departments.
Just any hints whatsoever what the plan is behind all design choices. What do you see AS ISSUES? Saying that "the defence is to strong" as have said before says NOTHING.
ANything concrete PLEASE! Thats the reason why iam watching in the first place, to see what kind of design choices is incoming so i can either
1. Uninstall the game forever and never look back.
or
2. Install the game again at a later date and play competetively.

I might give your stream ONE MORE CHANCE.
Then i am done completely cuz the quality is really low.

Aarpian
03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
I can't be the only one whose heart sank after watching "the guy to beat in the office" get absolutely dominated by true talent, who drops out of every tournament early.

These are the people balancing the game, with absolutely zero consultation with top players.

Omy86
03-22-2017, 11:27 AM
New content of the week talk: min 33:55 - 33:59

Kawira1
03-22-2017, 11:39 AM
I can't be the only one whose heart sank after watching "the guy to beat in the office" get absolutely dominated by true talent, who drops out of every tournament early.

These are the people balancing the game, with absolutely zero consultation with top players.

Truetalent is actually very good, he isn't just abusing Warlord to win because it's trashy and low :D. I personally pity every warlord player.

As for the second part - I mentioned it long time ago but FH devs are just ignorant/arogant/both. If you want your game to be competitive then balance it with help of the most skilled players. That's how Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,and League of Legends (THE BIGGEST ESPORT GAME) handle these things

Egotistic_Ez
03-22-2017, 12:17 PM
You forgot the best part. They want gear to be even across all tiers, just with greater pros and cons, yet they're surprised that the tier that ups two stats instead of one is better than all the others.

Also that it won't be fixed until season two.

teksuo1
03-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Their french accents make it hard to understand [/B][/I]

It's a quebecer accent, very different from a french accent ;)

*(it could be worse)