KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 06:24 PM
I CAN SPAM 1 BUTTON HERPA DERP. Fricken ******ed "balancing"

Gray360UK
03-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Someone got owned by a Peacekeeper? ;)

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 06:31 PM
....And there goes another one down to a peacekeeper. LAWL I get that bleed and damage is pretty intense but I beat them enough times to not care when I lose to them. Let's see what happens next but it isn't like we can't all play that character when we want to. I do not have one leveled yet but I intent to eventually. ^_^

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Someone got owned by a Peacekeeper? ;)

HAHA words taken from my mouth. ^_^

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 06:33 PM
I got no problem when they play normally, but when they just spam light attack, there's no chance.

Gray360UK
03-21-2017, 06:34 PM
To quote Arnie:

https://litostmaylily.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it.jpg

Who knew the Predator was actually a Peacekeeper all along ... ;)

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 06:35 PM
It wasn't her bleeds ffs.. Her light attack spam. I kept guessing wrong and died.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Your just bad. I'm a pk main and decided to level warden and I can block a pk light attack spam easy (can't parry them yet. But when I can I'll be golden)

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 06:41 PM
That's a straight up lie. If I recall correctly, you have like 5 frames to get your block right. Her attacks are too fast to react to.

AND it's a well known issue

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 06:41 PM
When I see posts like these, I wish I was a Peacekeeper so I could say some smart comment back to them. But alas, I"m not.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-21-2017, 06:46 PM
When I see posts like these, I wish I was a Peacekeeper so I could say some smart comment back to them. But alas, I"m not.
Don't you get enough sht talking for spin to win tho >.>? Nobushi spin to win gives me nightmares..it's easy to block but at same time you can't move cuz if you do bam your dead

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Honestly I try not to use that much. Now, I do use it. I'm not trying to get away from saying I never ZA as a Nobushi. But I do try to work on other skills. I still parry like crap. But if I am getting ready to get double teamed you can bet your money that you're going to get some light light ZA in there. LOL

Don't you get enough sht talking for spin to win tho >.>? Nobushi spin to win gives me nightmares..it's easy to block but at same time you can't move cuz if you do bam your dead

INFINITE12
03-21-2017, 07:10 PM
....And there goes another one down to a peacekeeper. LAWL I get that bleed and damage is pretty intense but I beat them enough times to not care when I lose to them. Let's see what happens next but it isn't like we can't all play that character when we want to. I do not have one leveled yet but I intent to eventually. ^_^

I've never played peacekeeper and my orochi is like level 5. I don't play them. I find them cheap.

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 07:13 PM
I've never played peacekeeper and my orochi is like level 5. I don't play them. I find them cheap.

I do not either and my Orochi is Rep 8 and 4 other Rep 2 characters but the same could be said for my Orochi. It does not change the fact that we have the choice to play as them if we wanted to do it right back. If not then learn to beat the one your fighting.

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Well, I main PK and can say that it's not hard to catch them in light attacks. I see posts like this and wonder: "so you are telling me you really sat there and let more than 4 light hits correct in a row without at least backing up!? Lol"

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Well, I main PK and can say that it's not hard to catch them in light attacks. I see posts like this and wonder: "so you are telling me you really sat there and let more than 4 light hits correct in a row without at least backing up!? Lol"

I didn't say I died in 1 continued flurry of light attacks. It's just annoying that a character can win, just because I guess wrong. If it was possible to react to it, I would admit defeat and git gud, but it's not possible with the speed she has.

VillNess
03-21-2017, 07:50 PM
On ps4 there was one player who kept landing Parries on my light attacks (PK). He was so good I got suspicious if he was legit as I had never experienced defense like that. He used Warden if that's any help. And no, I didn't just use R1 spam.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 07:59 PM
I faced a rep 3 Pk right now who called me a hacker because I didn't fall for **** moves like the ZA hahaha.

Deal with Peacekeeper is easy: control the range, when they step foward to attack, you can notice and punish.

BananaBlighter
03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
I'm a PK and honestly believe they need to somehow nerf her light spam. It's too easy to do and has too high a reward.

The amount of skill it takes to pull off is minimal compared to what it takes to consistently block. I think that if they aren't gonna slow it down, they should add a greater punishment for having it blocked (increased stagger). If you block the 2nd chained light attack, IMO you should get a free guardbreak.

Same with the zone attack. If the Warden gets his zone attack blocked, he staggers enough to give you a free GB. With PK you can spam it all day long without fear of getting punished for it.

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
I didn't say I died in 1 continued flurry of light attacks. It's just annoying that a character can win, just because I guess wrong. If it was possible to react to it, I would admit defeat and git gud, but it's not possible with the speed she has.

So then that's not indicative of light attack spamming. Which is it? If you are playing any class but an assassin class, they have static guard constantly, which means every PK has only two viable options to attack from. So what you are saying is, even guessing which side you have Lee'less than 50% successful block rating? That's the problem right there. (Again, assuming you run anything but an assassin)
If you ARE running an assassin, then my question is, what are you doing trying to block in the first place? Dodging is far more effective, and with proper timing can lead to deflect, which is class specific.
I only block if I can execute a for sure parry, otherwise, I move out the way.

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 08:18 PM
So then that's not indicative of light attack spamming. Which is it? If you are playing any class but an assassin class, they have static guard constantly, which means every PK has only two viable options to attack from. So what you are saying is, even guessing which side you have Lee'less than 50% successful block rating? That's the problem right there. (Again, assuming you run anything but an assassin)
If you ARE running an assassin, then my question is, what are you doing trying to block in the first place? Dodging is far more effective, and with proper timing can lead to deflect, which is class specific.

What I'm saying is, that they should remove this "guessing game" from For Honor entirely

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 08:28 PM
But it's not a guessing game, they give a telegraph before the attack goes off, Hell there it's even the moment before the attack is even processed where you see the other player switch his stance.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-21-2017, 08:28 PM
What I'm saying is, that they should remove this "guessing game" from For Honor entirely

You have to guess with every single attack thrown at your regardless of the class behind the attack lol

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 08:31 PM
A true guessing game as far as blocking behaviors goes would be what soul calibur does with it's guard break. Where you use guard plus an attack to activate, and to defend you have to guys which combination was used. No telegraph, no indication from the opponents avatar to clue you in on which he used. That's a legitimate 50/50 shot, this is not.

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 08:43 PM
You have to guess with every single attack thrown at your regardless of the class behind the attack lol

No. Most classes have decent frames until the attack lands. Peacekeepers is downright broken.

And stop arguing that she can be blocked. You have 4 ****ing frames to react. That's no where near enough for a human. Go look up block frames for all classes, and then peacekeepers attack frames for light attacks. Then you'll stop with your "she can be blocked, you just got to git gud" ********.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-21-2017, 08:54 PM
No. Most classes have decent frames until the attack lands. Peacekeepers is downright broken.

And stop arguing that she can be blocked. You have 4 ****ing frames to react. That's no where near enough for a human. Go look up block frames for all classes, and then peacekeepers attack frames for light attacks. Then you'll stop with your "she can be blocked, you just got to git gud" ********.

She can be blocked, I and others do it all the time. If worst comes to worst back up and bait a parry from her lunge attacks, The only thing out of control is the broken zone attacks

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you about the validity of blocking light attacks from PKs, the fact that I get blocked regularly is all the proud I need. I'm trying to give you valid advice to help you.
If you choose not to listen, that's on you. I had trouble with nobushi and their light attacks causing bleed damage, but I didn't cry and try to get it begged, I learned how the vastbest ways me to mitigate my danger of bleeding out.

BananaBlighter
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM

I try this most of the time but for some reason the stagger between hits prevents me from dodging in time and I'm forced to try to block (especially during the double hit combo between which there is essentially no time to do anything). Dodges are too slow to avoid the light attacks on reaction, so either you guess or you move backwards. Sometimes this works, but often the next hit just tracks forward and I still get hit. If I'm against a wall, this is impossible. Sometimes I try to deflect, but the most common reason I die to light attack spams is when I get caught up in trying to react to something that fast, and continuously fail to do so.

Look, I understand the argument of git gud. It is true that these things are POSSIBLE to deal with, but that doesn't make it balanced. Whether something is balanced or not depends on how much skill it takes to do vs how much skill it takes to counter. In this case, there's a pretty big difference. Often when I play PK I will without thinking do a light-light-heavy feint-light-light and then stop because I realise I've just taken down half of the enemy's health with 0 effort, and trust me, I don't like achieving a victory if I did not earn it. And that heavy feint probably isn't even necessary; If I restart the chain and go straight back to light-light I probably would get the same effect.

Most PK's I meet nowadays don't do this that much, and without the light spam I think it's a pretty balanced class. However I got this guy yesterday who I absolutely decimated in 3 duels straight because he kept taking my feint bait and I just parried and GB triple stabbed him over and over (some people just don't learn). Then he switches to PK and spams lights and gets me 3-0. Though to be fair to him he wasn't a bad PK when he wasn't spamming - but when he was I just felt helpless. The worst bit is that I know I could at any point switch into spam mode and destroy most opponents, but I just don't want to stoop that low.

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 08:59 PM
She can be blocked, I and others do it all the time. If worst comes to worst back up and bait a parry from her lunge attacks, The only thing out of control is the broken zone attacks

Yeah. By sheer ****ing luck you can of course block her

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Often when I play PK I will without thinking do a light-light-heavy feint-light-light and then stop because I realise I've just taken down half of the enemy's health with 0 effort,
First, that's not really light spam. That's a creative feint. Second, every class has two-four hit combos that can reduce over half a players health. And all can be executed with relative ease.

KL4Z1K
03-21-2017, 09:06 PM

VillNess
03-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Which made me suspicious of this one player who could parry my light attack more than once.. He had like rep 8 Warden and rep 12 Nobushi.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
03-21-2017, 09:23 PM

Ok whatever fam

AkenoKobayashi
03-21-2017, 09:28 PM
If the PK's dodge wasn't a quick game of Limbo, side heavies could hit her when she dodges into my attacks.

BananaBlighter
03-21-2017, 09:30 PM
First, that's not really light spam. That's a creative feint. Second, every class has two-four hit combos that can reduce over half a players health. And all can be executed with relative ease.

As I said, I probably don't even need the feint, I just do it because I don't want to feel like I'm spamming.

Also I don't know what combos you're talking about. It's not just about how much effort it takes to pull off, it's also about how much effort it takes to counter. So yeah maybe most characters have easy to pull off 4 hit combos that can take down half your health, but they're probably pretty avoidable too. I think there's a pretty big difference between how much skill it takes to spam with PK and how much skill it takes to defend against.

All I'm saying is that from personal experience I have a lot more difficulty dealing with the PK light chain spam that any other vortex or combo. Therefore I think that either the chain should be easier to counter (slow it down), or there should be more risk involved (e.g. if the 2nd light in the chain is blocked, you get a free GB).

INFINITE12
03-21-2017, 10:06 PM

The problem with the peacekeeper that I've seen is the move where they grab you and stab you in the side causing the bleed damage. That move is WAY too powerful. I've been killed by 2 of those. I have a 108 Kensei and I I'm not killing people with 2 attacks.

Mia.Nora
03-21-2017, 10:16 PM
I wish all the noobs who complain about PK would switch to playing her for ez wins, and get their *** handed to them; just like it happened in my case :)

It is just a city myth that her Lights are any faster than Warlord or Valkyrie.
Also her GB+3 bleed is overrated as hell. I can do same with any heavy after a GB on other chars *without* losing all stamina. Yes that 3 hit bleed on GB drains all stamina for 35 damage NOT %35 percent, but regular 35. You can get that off of a heavy easily with other chars.

People are just butthurt is all.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Completely agree. This is where everyone figures out that the game has much more balance than is initially believed.

NO I AM NOT SAYING ITS PERFECT

I wish all the noobs who complain about PK would switch to playing her for ez wins, and get their *** handed to them; just like it happened in my case :)

Also her GB+3 bleed is overrated as hell. I can do same with any heavy after a GB on other chars *without* losing all stamina. Yes that 3 hit bleed on GB drains all stamina for 35 damage NOT 5 percent, but regular 35. You can get that off of a heavy easily with other chars.

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 10:32 PM
The problem with the peacekeeper that I've seen is the move where they grab you and stab you in the side causing the bleed damage. That move is WAY too powerful. I've been killed by 2 of those. I have a 108 Kensei and I I'm not killing people with 2 attacks.

Two of the kensei's unlockable attacks will kill another player, I've seen it happen. Plus the bleed hit takes specific timing to get off the full three, and can any of those hits can be blocked.

MeArney
03-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Your just bad. I'm a pk main and decided to level warden and I can block a pk light attack spam easy (can't parry them yet. But when I can I'll be golden)

...and that would be a **** PK then, or youīre just ********ting. The light spam is blockable and the ZA is just straight up bs, but try one of the slower heroes and come post here then.
Btw, PK main... youīre whatīs wrong with this community.

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 10:41 PM
...and that would be a **** PK then, or youīre just ********ting. The light spam is blockable and the ZA is just straight up bs, but try one of the slower heroes and come post here then.

Doesn't the PK zone attack come from the same side. Every time?

MeArney
03-21-2017, 10:43 PM

Also her GB+3 bleed is overrated as hell. I can do same with any heavy after a GB on other chars *without* losing all stamina. Yes that 3 hit bleed on GB drains all stamina for 35 damage NOT %35 percent, but regular 35. You can get that off of a heavy easily with other chars.

You have to be an idiot for saying the game is more balanced. Go to see the top level tournament results and look at the top10 heroes varietys.
E.g. as a Lawbringer, Raider or Nobushi itīs pure hell going 1v1 against a lightspamming PK, not impossible after you learn to parry her second light. The ZA is just pure bs, on on console you donīt have the stance input to change after she attacks so good ****ing luck in scrub town for you. Come back when you actually know something

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 10:48 PM

Also, this isn't really a post about other heroes, this is about the peacekeeper. So instead, how about you go play that for a few days, then come back and tell us what you think.
Because to be fair, I went through the message boards to find out what people complained about in regards to this class. The sad part is, half of these complaints aren't any where near viable for a faceroll win.
Any half way decent player that pays attention can pick apart any cheap gimmick from any hero. And they all have one.

Alustar.
03-21-2017, 10:59 PM

You have to be an idiot for saying the game is more balanced. Go to see the top level tournament results and look at the top10 heroes varietys.
E.g. as a Lawbringer, Raider or Nobushi itīs pure hell going 1v1 against a lightspamming PK, not impossible after you learn to parry her second light. The ZA is just pure bs, on on console you donīt have the stance input to change after she attacks so good ****ing luck in scrub town for you. Come back when you actually know something

All three of those classes have better range than a peacekeeper, and additionally CVS if you are arguing a 1v1 scenario, my question is, what are you doing letting anyone that close spamming anything in your face?

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 11:04 PM
What tournaments are you referencing? You have links to the standings or something? Everything I have read said that the meta for the game right now were the heavies and from a tournament perspective they were the top characters.

Zv1k0
03-22-2017, 12:44 AM
PK is fine. Only problem is zone flicker and thats about it. Light attack spam can be reacted to. I was in the same boat as a lot of people here complaining about the speed of her lights but now after many many fights against her i can even parry it. First one, second one..whatever.

People who think pk won so many tournaments cause of light attack spam...you arr wrong. PK gets parried in every match in tourneys and thats a big punish. Patch the flicker and PK will have much harder time winning tourneys than does now.

Aibjorn
03-22-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah, she's legit overpowered. Along-side the orochi but the orochi is actually more balanced. Not as balanced as the berserker but still balanced. She needs fixed and they should stop buffing her.

Mia.Nora
03-22-2017, 01:06 AM

I play on PC with 100+ fps, so if you have an issue with her ZA display being too late on 30 fps console; that is a technical problem for console NOT a problem with game balance. There is an ongoing bug with her flicker on ZA, which will be fixed obviously; apart from that if you can not at least block a ZA you know that comes from same direction every single time, it is a very clear case of git gud.

Anything else you said is pure BS coming from butthurt. I have been in the same boat, just picked her up and tried spamming lights to win only to get my *** handed back to me. Because her lights are not any faster than warlord or valkyrie lights, and that is excluding class specific super fast lights like warden/oroichi tops etc

MeArney
03-23-2017, 08:14 AM
All three of those classes have better range than a peacekeeper, and additionally CVS if you are arguing a 1v1 scenario, my question is, what are you doing letting anyone that close spamming anything in your face?

Better range? Oh boy... have you ever played LB? Even if he uses a 6ft poleaxe, he has the same range of a gb attempt. His heavytakes 2 seconds to actuall wind up and the guard stance input is way too slow. Yes I can guard to the right side keeping him unable to hit with ZA, but then I will be leaving everything else open. Iīm guessing you have never heard of feints either when you immediately said guard to the right.

MeArney
03-23-2017, 08:20 AM
I play on PC with 100+ fps, so if you have an issue with her ZA display being too late on 30 fps console; that is a technical problem for console NOT a problem with game balance. There is an ongoing bug with her flicker on ZA, which will be fixed obviously; apart from that if you can not at least block a ZA you know that comes from same direction every single time, it is a very clear case of git gud.

You really have not played against good players either I can notice. I hope youknow what a feint is. See, you do mixup of feints and lightspam from the left side only to hit ZA on the right, and only because I donīt have any opener (LB...sigh) you can still keep dodgind back.

Itīs already a discussion in the competitive forums about how much BS the Raider vs. Peacekeeper theory is. You seea bad Peacekeeper is still good if she can lightspam. A bad anything else is still bad.

Ichnich89
03-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Two of the kensei's unlockable attacks will kill another player, I've seen it happen. Plus the bleed hit takes specific timing to get off the full three, and can any of those hits can be blocked.

I heard that before, tried to block it and can't just do it. It's the only "big" problem I'm having with the PK. How could you possibly block the gb stabs?

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-23-2017, 02:06 PM
There not nerf there buffing the weak classes.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-23-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm a PK and honestly believe they need to somehow nerf her light spam. It's too easy to do and has too high a reward.

The amount of skill it takes to pull off is minimal compared to what it takes to consistently block. I think that if they aren't gonna slow it down, they should add a greater punishment for having it blocked (increased stagger). If you block the 2nd chained light attack, IMO you should get a free guardbreak.

Same with the zone attack. If the Warden gets his zone attack blocked, he staggers enough to give you a free GB. With PK you can spam it all day long without fear of getting punished for it.

Warden dose not stagger after getting his zone attack blocked. Reason why warden zone attack can get punished is cuz of the recovery time after using it if you don't hit them then they can recover faster then you can