PDA

View Full Version : Please realize profit driven companies...

sykout25
03-21-2017, 04:56 PM
You are a cow to them. They want your milk, not your opinions. Longevity in this field is irrelevant. Quick, short term, maximum profits matter; not the needs or desires of the cows. Do my cows continue to produce milk? Yes. Good. No? Time to make a new farm that attracts the cows.

The gaming industry is not unique to this time tested methodology. People are easily manipulated.

Provide temporary joy in short spastic waves while being continuously milked for as long as possible before change is necessary in order to keep the cash coming.

Provide minimal response to feedback as an illusion reflecting customer service to deflect for as long as possible from the reality of the situation.

Once the field is barren, dry, or even empty - the next green pasture will attract even more cows - but only for the same events to unfold. Does the cow care? No, as long as the grass stays green long enough to subside their disdain for the farmers.

RatedChaotic
03-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Good job. I now want some milk and cookies.

cragar212
03-21-2017, 05:18 PM
A business trying to make a profit????!!!

Welcome to life.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 05:21 PM
So if I have this right you're saying that companies are trying to make a profit? Man. I wish I had known this back when I was younger. I might have started a business of my own ....

You are a cow to them. They want your milk, not your opinions. Longevity in this field is irrelevant. Quick, short term, maximum profits matter; not the needs or desires of the cows. Do my cows continue to produce milk? Yes. Good. No? Time to make a new farm that attracts the cows.

The gaming industry is not unique to this time tested methodology. People are easily manipulated.

Provide temporary joy in short spastic waves while being continuously milked for as long as possible before change is necessary in order to keep the cash coming.

Provide minimal response to feedback as an illusion reflecting customer service to deflect for as long as possible from the reality of the situation.

Once the field is barren, dry, or even empty - the next green pasture will attract even more cows - but only for the same events to unfold. Does the cow care? No, as long as the grass stays green long enough to subside their disdain for the farmers.

sykout25
03-21-2017, 05:31 PM
You have spectacular surface vision. I'm talking about unethical business models, not the simple idea of making profits.

Gray360UK
03-21-2017, 06:11 PM
... and there was me thinking it was all about whether or not I'm enjoying playing the game ... :rolleyes:

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 06:18 PM

While I can sympathize with your concerns and statement I do have to add something. Any successful business in history also realizes there is still a level of commitment to its desired demographic to sustain success. It does cost money to continue to build on said product and it has to come from somewhere. If it were your business at what point do you continue to provide support and content AND pay individuals to do so if the money you have earned begins to diminish and you are no longer profitable? Make no mistake these are large companies who have investors to answer to. It was some time ago when a game developer made the game and that wasIT. We did not get to recommend things that could change? You couldn't reach out to Nintendo and tell them to patch Mario because he got stuck on the flag pole. LOL The issue becomes on how greedy and how much do they really have to take from its customers to keep the community happy? That is where the real greed comes into play.

I am not defending someone being able to release something that is Online Only and not make sure they had a contingency plan in place for those who could barely play due to it being so. I am simply stating those who love the game do get continued support for their game because they know they also continue to make money to do so. It is why GTA 5 Online has been able to continually release content. They are receiving the money to do so with Shark Cards and purchases. It has barely been a month and hopefully they will do the right things and grow its fan base back. Are things a bit over priced? In some instance's YES. We can only wait to see what happens. :nonchalance:

WoodDaGawd
03-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Even non-profits are profit driven.

So much complaining about a GAME.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 06:45 PM
At no point in that entire drivel you spewed as the initial topic did you even once talk about unethical business practices. You talked about things that you DO NOT like from the manufacturer of this game, but I'm guessing that you don't play a lot of games, because it's the same no matter where you go. Bilzzard / Activision. WildCard Studios. Bungie. They all have flaws and all are lacking in things. WildCard studios has had Ark in development now for almost 2 years and already released an expansion! Blizzard / Activision have remade the same game from 4 years ago and sold it to you "remastered" Stop crying because you're not getting the answer you like from a large corporation that has no clue who you are. You're a number to them. Live with it.

You have spectacular surface vision. I'm talking about unethical business models, not the simple idea of making profits.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 07:00 PM
Let me tell you: car companies do the same; oil companies; TV companies; stream companies; transport companies; food companies; electronic companies...

They are all milking us, what does not mean we stop to get good things, because there is something called "competition".

You see that beatiful cow, the other hunter too, but you two can't kill the cow, you need the milk, so let's attract the cow or directly fight and see the cow just go? Or worse, a third hunter attract the animal.
Some companies try capture us instead attract. What do you think all that smartphone thing are?

At no point in that entire drivel you spewed as the initial topic did you even once talk about unethical business practices. You talked about things that you DO NOT like from the manufacturer of this game, but I'm guessing that you don't play a lot of games, because it's the same no matter where you go. Bilzzard / Activision. WildCard Studios. Bungie. They all have flaws and all are lacking in things. WildCard studios has had Ark in development now for almost 2 years and already released an expansion! Blizzard / Activision have remade the same game from 4 years ago and sold it to you "remastered" Stop crying because you're not getting the answer you like from a large corporation that has no clue who you are. You're a number to them. Live with it.

You don't need to be mean. Poor guy...

INFINITE12
03-21-2017, 07:08 PM
I don't think you understand how dairy farms work....

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Ubisoft make **** games everyone knows it blame yourself monkeys for clapping and buying every product of that company.Blame yourselfs that **** companies like ubisoft still prosper.Btw i have a question is it normal i have a hairy a s s ? Guys?

That which resembles one of a monkey? If so then I too am said monkey. =D

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 07:15 PM
No food today?Quess i'll try elsewhere

Uhm....??? :confused:

buhahh125
03-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Feed me

Feed you what? The a s s? This getting too intense for me...IM OUT! ;)

dayLockey
03-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Whole lot of stiffs in this thread, probably all part of the corporate wheel and brainwashed along w/ the rest of the faceless masses.

This thread was made as a joke and I thought it was pretty funny ... being compared to a cow 'n' such. The truth is that there are companies out there that aren't about siphoning your money away, considering you nothing but a "number", doing whatever it takes to milk you while manipulating you into believing you are purchasing a quality product for a premium price.

Look @ what Square-Enix is doing with Final Fantasy, what Blizzard is doing with Overwatch, what Team Intrepid is doing with Ashes of Creation. They are all quality games with quality support, no p2w features and highly motivated to make the game as much of a positive experience for their players.

Then you have Ubisoft and all the white-collar, "life is hard, live with it" defeatists who just accept that they throw their money at greedy pigs and expect everyone to have the same mentality. If a game sucks like For Honor does currently, I'll go ahead and complain because I paid money to get a decent product and was left with garbage. Don't like it? Well I'm pretty positive IDGAF.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Whole lot of stiffs in this thread, probably all part of the corporate wheel and brainwashed along w/ the rest of the faceless masses.

This thread was made as a joke and I thought it was pretty funny ... being compared to a cow 'n' such. The truth is that there are companies out there that aren't about siphoning your money away, considering you nothing but a "number", doing whatever it takes to milk you while manipulating you into believing you are purchasing a quality product for a premium price.

Look @ what Square-Enix is doing with Final Fantasy, what Blizzard is doing with Overwatch, what Team Intrepid is doing with Ashes of Creation. They are all quality games with quality support, no p2w features and highly motivated to make the game as much of a positive experience for their players.

Then you have Ubisoft and all the white-collar, "life is hard, live with it" defeatists who just accept that they throw their money at greedy pigs and expect everyone to have the same mentality. If a game sucks like For Honor does currently, I'll go ahead and complain because I paid money to get a decent product and was left with garbage. Don't like it? Well I'm pretty positive IDGAF.

Yeah, because Blizzard and Diablo 3 former real money action house was a true effort to help players. The "super quality" of the last Final Fantasy MMO I didn't remember the number.

"Brainwashed corportate whell"... "Defeatists"... hahaha

Almost nothing today come without flaws. You buy a car, they recall. You buy a phone, it explode.

You look so free minded, but uses Windows OR Apple, pay monthly for your big internet company, and some day will buy a car and fill it with oil. Hahaha.

God dammint, this generation is funny.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 08:55 PM
The moment that you put Blizzard / Activision in here you lost ALL your credibility. They're the worst one.

Gray360UK
03-22-2017, 12:53 AM

You bought a game for Gods sake, you didn't put a deposit down on a house that got demolished or buy a Ferrari that got stolen. Stop being a hysterical man-baby. I've thrown more money at a Pub landlord for a good night out that I can't even remember the next morning.

Yarzahn
03-22-2017, 01:29 AM
Blizzard / Activision have remade the same game from 4 years ago and sold it to you "remastered" .

Which 4 year old game did Blizzard remaster and re-sell? I missed it.
I wanna buy it.

Yarzahn
03-22-2017, 01:33 AM
The moment that you put Blizzard / Activision in here you lost ALL your credibility. They're the worst one.

Really?
What has Blizzard done with Overwatch that makes the mention of that game offend you?

Is it the frequent free cosmetic loot boxes just for playing?
Is it the absence of bull***t "champion status" money sink?
Is it the frequent balance patches?
The free new characters without "season pass"?

How about you explain yourself instead of making cryptic empty one liners. They don't do you any favours in your attempt to seem intelligent.
When did Blizzard steal your lunchmoney and called you 4 eyes?