PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Parry Combo Help

Ausweisen
03-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Quick question: What is the timing on the headsplitter (?) combo after a parry. It goes Parry, grab then light attack and if done right, his shield does a flaming counter attack followed by a light stab. I can't seem to nail the whole combo on account of the timing.

My.Insanity
03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
You need to Parry an Attack and at nearly the same time use guardbreak to use your shiled... btw best follow up is a side heavy after this combo (if the enemy dont have his guard in the same direction)

Ausweisen
03-21-2017, 10:02 PM
You need to Parry an Attack and at nearly the same time use guardbreak to use your shiled... btw best follow up is a side heavy after this combo (if the enemy dont have his guard in the same direction)

Ahh nice, thank you. I noticed the grab had to be super fast afterwards, but I couldn't get the final part of the combo. However, since you're saying I should go for a side heavy, I can try it though I have to ask....wouldn't it be faster to do a Top heavy? You know...faster frames and all.

Bukkr
03-22-2017, 03:43 AM
Ahh nice, thank you. I noticed the grab had to be super fast afterwards, but I couldn't get the final part of the combo. However, since you're saying I should go for a side heavy, I can try it though I have to ask....wouldn't it be faster to do a Top heavy? You know...faster frames and all.

The shield bash combo includes a heavy that comes from the warlord's left side. If your opponent has his/her guard to the right, you may want to follow the bash with a GB and overhead heavy. I usually avoid the headsplitter leap/combo unless my opponent is exhausted and on the ground. It's too easy to parry.

Pope138
03-31-2017, 08:51 PM

Side heavy does more damage.
Right? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.