PDA

View Full Version : PvE domination ppl being repoerted afk, for boosting zones

Milton6107
03-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Just a quick question.
Was playing PvE dom as i usually do, and get reported for boosting a zone as anyone would do, so since the ban hammer is hitting left and right these days, how do you counter these ppl wrongly reporting players for being afk.

is anyone else encountering this, i have seen it happen a few times to others aswell.

Plutonium Bug
03-21-2017, 03:09 PM
The dev team can tell if you are participating or not if you get 0 kills and only points fro boosting then maybe if you get at least a kill you should be alright

Gray360UK
03-21-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm assuming they would go by your score. The people who are genuinely AFK farming are found in the spawn area and have a 0 score from start to finish, no captures, no kills, and I guess 1 death at the very end. If you are standing on a Zone, then a) you had to move there and b) you are racking up points. Both of those things should keep you safe from an AFK ban.

itsPlanB
03-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Like Gray I think you're okay if you're boosting a zone, but I would say that if you spend an entire match on a single spot inside a zone you're likely just trying to augment your way around the zone. I know when I personally boost a zone I move back and forth between the access points to the zones. Every zone has at least two ways into it. I just move back and forth checking it out. You usually wind up with a couple of kills anyways as people come to attempt to take it if the rest of your team is doing their job.

Just a quick question.
Was playing PvE dom as i usually do, and get reported for boosting a zone as anyone would do, so since the ban hammer is hitting left and right these days, how do you counter these ppl wrongly reporting players for being afk.

is anyone else encountering this, i have seen it happen a few times to others aswell.

Milton6107
03-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Thank you for the feedback :)

RatedChaotic
03-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Wouldnt worry about it. Devs can look into the scripts and see more than people think. They can see what button you pushed and at what time you pushed it. Everything done in a match leaves a foot print.

FredEx919
03-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Just a quick question.

I wouldn't worry much about that. As others have stated here, there are some specific things we can look at to determine this. Boosting zones is totally fine and as long as you're in a zone someone will eventually attempt to take it forcing you to either fight or the zone be taken from you.

Milton6107
03-21-2017, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't worry much about that. As others have stated here, there are some specific things we can look at to determine this. Boosting zones is totally fine and as long as you're in a zone someone will eventually attempt to take it forcing you to either fight or the zone be taken from you.

Thank you for the reply :)

AkenoKobayashi
03-21-2017, 10:25 PM
There is difference between being completely AKF, as in no participation what so ever, versus actually playing the objective and taking and defending/point boosting your team's score. As much as it annoys me that some people would rather be down at B/C slaughtering the soldiers, it's the same as point boosting at A or C/B. Unless there are more people at the line than defending a capture point, then...that's ridiculous. I don't know if that is legitimate griefing when you refuse to help capture points since you get more points by killing soldiers.