PDA

View Full Version : LOL Shogoki Run-Charge Winning 1 vs 1 Tournament

Varicose_Veins
03-21-2017, 01:40 AM
Esport? lol

This is bordering on farce.

I actually felt embarrassed for the game while watching this schluck.

KotoKuraken
03-21-2017, 01:51 AM
It's a very cheese tactic, but to my understanding is totally legal because "it's a game mechanic so it flies"

It is rather bull, considering a Shugoki or a Warlord can push you to a ledge miles away from your original fight, and it's easy to throw someone off when you get a guaranteed guard break after a parry or if they are actively dodging. The argument of "don't stand near the ledge" or "you should have countered the guard break" doesn't quite work

Delectable_Sin
03-21-2017, 01:54 AM
Yeah, this game has the facade of appealing to serious gamers, but is a casual gamer's wet dream in disguise.

THlCC_DADDY
03-21-2017, 01:57 AM
How you beat cheeselord? you bring a bigger cheese :)

Zakmuffin
03-21-2017, 02:06 AM
The 50/50 with shugoki is ****ing terrible. He needs to lose this stance for the duration of it. You don't always have a quarter stamina to spend rolling away from it.

Varicose_Veins
03-21-2017, 02:39 AM
PK beats the Shogoki 3-2 in the final.

Ubi is going to have to add this run-charge fiasco to the never-ending fix/nerf list.

sd_fungi
03-21-2017, 03:04 AM
The effect radius of the charge extends beyond the model, I have tried to dodge left your right to avoid it and still got hit and throw right off a cliff. On some matches that moves makes it an insta win for him as it is nothing but cliffs.

Dr-KaBoom
03-21-2017, 03:14 AM
Just super cheesy stuff. I realize there are counters to the shoguki unlock charge tech but clearly it wasn't such a easy counter given how so many "top" players were getting rekt by it. I don't care how "skillful" you have to be with aiming the charge, it is simply not fun to play against or watch. This same nonsense won the 2v2 tournament a few days ago. This game is just embarrassing at the moment when placed next to a real fighting game (and the true technical skill that real fighting games require).

Varicose_Veins
03-21-2017, 03:19 AM
You have to wonder what the devs were thinking when they added that run-charge feature. And lifting and breaking someone's back somehow increases your life?

As the above poster said, this cheesiness is terrible to watch and detracts from For Honor's credibility as a fighting game.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Yeah, yeah, it was disgusting. There are some disgusting heroes today. The game is new, what about we coment it but try help and improve instead of just bash it?

What is happening with the modern video game player?!

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Pls link?