PDA

View Full Version : Orichi top attack and zone attack.

Haemmerst0rm
03-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Dear Ubi.

I know orichi is in a bad state, he only got top and zone attack. I'm not maining orichi to be clear.
But orichi zone attack is so ******* too fast, the same as peacekeeper and warden zone attack. Make it slower so it is more predictable! Warlord ZA isn't that fast. Raider ZA isn't that fast. Conq ZA isn't that fast. Balance it

I know you guys are looking into revenge state, but it is ridiculous on orichi: 2 top lights and a ZA kills you insta (even if you got gear 108).

Orichi and peacekeeper got very fast attacks, they are assassins too i know. But berserker got slower lights and heavies.

People gonna say to this thread: but thats all what orichi god. Yes i know. But this game does not need cheesing gameplay. What is cheesing?:

- Conqueror shoulder bash and heavy spam
- Warlord headbut spam
- Lawbringer flip and shove spam
- Orichi top and Za spam
- Peacekeeper ZA spam (with second attack cancel)
- Shugoki hugs and demon embrace, and he ****ing doesn't need HYPER ARMOR UBISOFT. If you gonna nerf warlord and conqueror, then shugoki will be OP because of hyper armor. Keep that in mind.

This game needs a lot of balance, i know the dev are aware
Greetings.

A1kanaro
03-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Wardens attacks are faster than orochis and pk despite him being warden... and u complain about assassins?

corazondedelfin
03-20-2017, 06:10 PM
1 - ALL ZONE ATTACKS must be changed in order that they dont work in a 1 vs 1 AT ALL, it doesnt matter if its warden, nobushi, my one or your mother's one.

2 - Orochi top light attack is exactly as the developers wanted it to be, its even in the description of the hero characteristics. Its meant to be a quick samurai attack. And samurais are sword masters.

3 - Berserker attacks are as fast as Orochi ones, if not more.

You need to understand these points before talking.

AKDagriZ
03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Wardens attacks are faster than orochis and pk despite him being warden... and u complain about assassins?

i have never seen a warden spamming 2 sided light + ZA .I don't think any warden need to use this play style. But yes i have to agree on 2-3 things with he OP

-Lawbringer shovel move bring out the worst nasty in this game he can do it endlessly And can't be evaded without help of teamate
-conqueror shoulder bash and hit while you on the floor , i haven't succeed evading it without help of teammate
-And the 2 top light + ZA i am still not sure if i have to be against it (but very annoying).

other than that i don't see anything bad with any other hero in this game

Haemmerst0rm
03-20-2017, 06:17 PM

Rofl dude. Orichi is having a cheesing gameplay like peacekeeper. Its attacks are too fast as warden. They're still too fast, no matter what.

stickyfingergan
03-20-2017, 06:32 PM
1 - ALL ZONE ATTACKS must be changed in order that they dont work in a 1 vs 1 AT ALL, it doesnt matter if its warden, nobushi, my one or your mother's one.

2 - Orochi top light attack is exactly as the developers wanted it to be, its even in the description of the hero characteristics. Its meant to be a quick samurai attack. And samurais are sword masters.

3 - Berserker attacks are as fast as Orochi ones, if not more.

You need to understand these points before talking.
Exactly I got my orochi to rep three but then I moved on just like my berserker got him to rep three then went back to my Valkyrie (which is now rep 8) 😝 Thought I should brag lolol but anyway I think they should stay were they are. If anything they need to make the orochi better again cuzz he is just so predictable I just got my warden to rep 1 last night and many of you disagree but I think they need to add more moves or something for him because he is so tied down I think he has like 6 moves? Idk I'll have to look when I get home from work. But in my opinion they don't need to make any character worse just make others a little better. But everyone has different opinions and that's what makes us unique 😋

Pain-Seeker
03-20-2017, 06:52 PM
WTF ? orochi spamming light like PK ? did you just bought the game ? Man orochis top light (which is his main dmg dealer , and is predicable as shi t) is slower than wardens. His side lights are so slow its never worth even trying to use them unless you are playing at 0% win rate where everyone sucks just like you .As many other players said orochi is probably the most balanced hero right now.

A1kanaro
03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Rofl dude. Orichi is having a cheesing gameplay like peacekeeper. Its attacks are too fast as warden. They're still too fast, no matter what.

i have never seen a warden spamming 2 sided light + ZA .I don't think any warden need to use this play style. But yes i have to agree on 2-3 things with he OP

-Lawbringer shovel move bring out the worst nasty in this game he can do it endlessly And can't be evaded without help of teamate
-conqueror shoulder bash and hit while you on the floor , i haven't succeed evading it without help of teammate
-And the 2 top light + ZA i am still not sure if i have to be against it (but very annoying).

other than that i don't see anything bad with any other hero in this game

No matter what do u say its was proven by checking frame rate of each hero attack. Wardens attack are faster than PK or Orochi.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
03-20-2017, 09:34 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=1037667970

These are the actual values on speed for attacks + damage and other info these arent mine its data gathered by some other competitive players

Orochi T, L 500ms ZA 500ms

Warden T,L 500ms ZA 500ms

PK L 500ms ZA 400ms............2nd L is 400ms

Personally i would like to see them slow down the 400ms attacks and speed up Guard-switch delay for block currently approximately 133.6ms It would make attacks reactable and make the game feel more responsive

UbiJurassic
03-21-2017, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback on Orochi everyone! We're still looking into changes in hero balance and constructive comments from the community are certainly something we look at during that process. :)

solho
03-21-2017, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback on Orochi everyone! We're still looking into changes in hero balance and constructive comments from the community are certainly something we look at during that process. :)

I hope its a rework of skills, because its the worst class in the game now

Wolfsanker
03-21-2017, 04:31 AM
Orochi zone attack feels faster than the wardens, maybe because its windup animation is less obvious.

The warden zone attack can be used as something of a gap closer. Just as default, guard left against wardens, and swap to other positions as necessary, especially when you are just outside of sword range.

The warden zone attack is actually somewhat predictable once you learn it.

solho
03-21-2017, 04:44 AM
At this moment the orochi za is predictable, the only fighting tools that have orochi are the za and top attack therefore having only two viable skills makes it easy to play. people of high prestige know that a "good" orochi will always seek top light attack and za, he no fighting resources against the top tier or the balanced ones.
The description of orochi "Difficult class" he its difficult because you have to fight without skills, he need a rework.

Vingrask
03-21-2017, 04:57 AM
An honest tip: expect for those, there is indeed time to react when you are expecting.

First control the range; second, everytime you see there is an opening for Orochi use those moves, expect them. At some point you can even parry/deflect it just understanding the situation.

It is like the guard break. You can tech it just because you was expecting, and at some point do it became natural. Today I can even deflect/parry Warden ZA.

Rikuto01.tv
03-22-2017, 05:35 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=1037667970

These are the actual values on speed for attacks + damage and other info these arent mine its data gathered by some other competitive players

Orochi T, L 500ms ZA 500ms

Warden T,L 500ms ZA 500ms

PK L 500ms ZA 400ms............2nd L is 400ms

Personally i would like to see them slow down the 400ms attacks and speed up Guard-switch delay for block currently approximately 133.6ms It would make attacks reactable and make the game feel more responsive

Right, here's the issue.

If you make the game more responsive (which does feel good) you end up buffing the defensive turtle meta even further (which is bad).

So you can have a game that is balanced and functional but feels bad, or a game that is unbalanced and a staring contest but feels good. That is the impasse we currently face.

So we require a more unique solution than simply "nerf this, buff that, and everything will be ok."

A1kanaro
03-23-2017, 06:25 PM
I would like to see in game the two orochi unblockable moves that are present in the story mode only (and used by the AI). That would add some diversity to the orochi gameplay which atm is rly poor.

Danioku
03-23-2017, 07:17 PM
I hope its a rework of skills, because its the worst class in the game now

It's a copy/paste, they just talk and dont do anything

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Dear Ubi.

I know orichi is in a bad state, he only got top and zone attack. I'm not maining orichi to be clear.
But orichi zone attack is so ******* too fast, the same as peacekeeper and warden zone attack. Make it slower so it is more predictable! Warlord ZA isn't that fast. Raider ZA isn't that fast. Conq ZA isn't that fast. Balance it

I know you guys are looking into revenge state, but it is ridiculous on orichi: 2 top lights and a ZA kills you insta (even if you got gear 108).

Orichi and peacekeeper got very fast attacks, they are assassins too i know. But berserker got slower lights and heavies.

People gonna say to this thread: but thats all what orichi god. Yes i know. But this game does not need cheesing gameplay. What is cheesing?:

- Warlord headbut spam
- Orichi top and Za spam
- Shugoki hugs and demon embrace, and he ****ing doesn't need HYPER ARMOR UBISOFT. If you gonna nerf warlord and conqueror, then shugoki will be OP because of hyper armor. Keep that in mind.

Greetings.

May as well take are sword to if you haven't notice Orochi only has two unblockable and we need to get a deflect off to even use it even then it can be parried so leave are top attack and zone attack alone.

dannyjjj
03-23-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm a bit concerned that in a post where the OP wants you to make the only decent orochi moves even MORE predictable Ubisoft says they are listening to community feedback.

Seriously, if you can at least press X with the reaction speed of my grandmother Orochi's instantly become the most pathetic, predictable class. Simply no tools.

PepsiBeastin
03-24-2017, 04:28 AM
Dear Ubi.

- Warlord headbut spam
- Orichi top and Za spam

Greetings.

Yes... cry about a nerf for the only two moves that puts Orochi in the assassin category.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm5L19vZiEg&t=1s
This video has frame data of character attack speeds. Notice the Warden speeds, then Orochi. Please tell me how making Orochi slower than a Warden is a good balance change.